Goodbye Jesus

Pretend Judgement Day Were to Actually Happen...

Foxy Methoxy

I forgive You.

103833[/snapback]

I had a thought along these lines recently. I was expressing my anger about the idea that God would condem non believers to hell and I was railing against a friend for his belief in such a God.

Suddenly the idea of God saying 'I'm sorry ~ I was wrong' popped into my head. I am always preaching forgiveness to myself... But if God had committed such terrible deeds and asked for forgiveness ... would I forgive?

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Antlerman

• daniel_1012

• Amanda

• crazy-tiger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully, no one is contemplating this topic seriously. It's a ridiculous notion. I just wanted to call Jesus a pigfucker in one of my posts. That's all. :shrug:

I just wanted to call Jesus a pigfucker in one of my posts. That's all.  :shrug:

104877[/snapback]

That's similar to the worst curse you can utter in Italian. We don't have an English equivalent that can raise the ire, whiten the hair, and quiet the room the way the phrase "porco dio" does to the Italians. Essentially it equates god with a dirty pig.

Perhaps we can come up with something harsher if we put our heads together. God won't ever hear it, but it will be funny to get IPray fired up again.

I don't know.

The "revealing the mysteries" thing between Jesus and the young naked lad was pretty good.

But, there are some imaginative folks here. I'm sure we can do better.

Amanda,

Regarding Psalms 1:

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

You said...

...Daniel, Daniel, Daniel... these are just words... isn't the meaning in the concept?

What does that even mean? I'm not even sure how to decifer this. Isn't the meaning in the concept? Do you even know what you are saying? No, the meaning is in the action that will follow. Jesus gives us concepts in parables, but they are all concepts of things which shall come in real as life, actualy events. The concept is a concept, but if it does not result in solid action and truth, it is meaningless.

What you are trying to say to me, and convince of me right now is the same thing many on this board do. It's the same old tricks, different day. Satan did it to Eve in the garden, and Satan did it to Jesus in the wilderness. He asked a question, bringing God's word into dispute. You have done not less here, I'm truly sorry to say.

Genesis 3:1-4

1 Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Satan approached sneakly to the woman, and he spoke subtly. The same as I'm sure have approached many currently in their "ex-Christian" state. Satan brought the natural mind into danger here, as he asks Eve a question, as Satan brought God's Word into question. Hath God said, ye shall not eat of the garden? The first thing Satan always does, is quote scripture. He is good at that, just like people on these boards. Did God really say that, Eve? Did God say you shouldn't eat of the garden? Isn't that just a concept Eve? God loves you right... surely He wouldn't say such a thing (remember, Eve had gotten the message from Adam, not directly from God).

He starts off with a question (isn't the meaning in the concept?)

The result is that they did die. I suggest to you this, Amanda. The concept of death was no more fathomable than an eternity of punishment to us. The natural mind can not truly grasp what the natural mind has never experienced. Suppose that I told you in heaven, you will see new colors. Can you grasp what those colors will look like? I don't mean shades of already existing colors like red and blue... I mean TOTALLY NEW COLORS. God said that eating of the tree would bring death, something Adam and Eve had NEVER seen. Satan brought into question, and denied something that Eve must live by faith in... in this case, we look to the future judgment, and yes, we look to hell. The width and depth of hell is no more fathomable to us, than death (which is common place for us now) is able to be conceived by the mind of Adam or Eve. Satan brought what could not be proven, into question... and then told Adam and Eve God was a liar. You have done the same to me, they have done the same to us. I won't bite though, sorry.

Who are wicked men? We do not judge people by their labels, but by their actions.

2 Thessalonians 3:2-3

2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.

Wicked men are, simply, men who do not have faith in God. Those that bring God's word into question, not just indefinitely but forever, are wicked. Hath God said... Hath God really said that? Wicked men deny God's Word, which has been clearly spoken. Wicked men do not believe in the faithfulness of God's Word. Yes, concequently, many of those who post here fall in this category.

Jesus said he didn't come to condemn the world but to save it. Saving and condemning are therefore opposites. Condemning is spiritual homicide, so wouldn't that make those that condemned people wicked? Wouldn't it make those who condemn and elevate 'self' deny God? Maybe this is a good topic to think about... silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

The LORD rebuke you Amanda, you have once again used scipture to bring His Word into question. I will quote the verse you refer to, more completely.

John 3:16-18

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Jesus in fact confirms the condemnation of men who would not believe in Him, does He not? You see, the Jews were looking for a Messiah that would conquere the world with them, and restablish Israel literally and physically. They saw Christ as a great ruler, and one with power. They saw that He would come and destroy those miserable unbelievers, who were fuel for the fires of hell. But Jesus said, He did not come to condemn, but to save... but those that would not believe, were condemned already. If what you say (which is based on nothing), condemnation is spiritual suicide, than you mock Jesus. The LORD rebuke you Amanda. I condemn nobody Amanda, but I type the same things Jesus said -- you can be saved, but if you have not believed, you are condemned already. Stop taking the Word of God out of context so that you can "respect," those who hate God.

The law of the Lord is to LOVE. Love God AND love your neighbor as yourself. Who is your neighbor? EVERYONE!

What is love, Amanda? Instead of basing my thoughts off merely my own understanding, I will be faithful here to quote scripture to backup what I say. I depend on the will of God, and Godly men before me... not my own thoughts, or rationalization, or what I think is right. -- there is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end the way is death.

Revelation 3:19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent.

Jesus is seen prophetically here by John, telling us that those He loves, He rebukes and diciplines... What is love Amanda? Is it telling everybody they are right? That there is no hell (denying the word of God like Satan)? What friend are you, Amanda, if you should tell men there is no hell... when there is hell. Is that respect, that you should hurl men into the fires of hell because of the disbelief (denial of the Word of God)?

Can't you see that love never fails? Can't you see that condemnation brings intolerance causing wars and division? It seems to me a house divided can not stand, therefore will not prosper.

I do love, Amanda... and those whom I love, I rebuke chasten. This said Jesus, and this say I. Once again! You bring the word of God into question, by using it!

a house divided can not stand

Luke 11:17-18

17 "Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall.

18 If Satan is divided against himself, how can his kingdom stand? I say this because you claim that I drive out demons by Beelzebub.

Jesus was telling this to those who accused Him of casting out evil spirits, by the power of Satan. You have twisted this Word, the LORD rebuke you, to say that it means God's house divided against Satan's house. Two totally different things. Go back Satan, I shall not bite your silly lies. God hath said, those who eat WILL die.

Yes, isn't it those who walk in love and respect are righteous? Then those that walk by condemnation and disrespect are ungodly?

No, Amanda, definitely incorrect. Once again this is based on emotion, feelings, self explaination, and not the Word of God. Where can you find anywhere in the Word of the prophets, of Christ... or those who followed God that respect was to be supped above truth? Where do you find that respect IS love? I find this nowhere. In fact, the Bible clearly states that God is no respect of persons, and Paul said that if he preaches to please men he is no servent of God. Telling people a lie, because you think it is repsectful, is no respect Amanda. You think you respect men by lying to them, and agreeing with them all the time... but you utterly disrespect them. You do nothing for them, you do not pursuade them. You bring the Word of God, like Satan, into question. You've done it several times already.

Yes, this would mean that man would have to use his God-given capability of reason! We would have to thank our many fine Atheist friends to keep us in line with wise judgements! And certainly using judgement for condemnation is one of the biggest sins... please read James 3!

Hah... you speak of man using his reason to abase truth, and yet you have misquoted scripture over and over, and done just that thing yourself. You base reason, and you call it the Word of God. I condemn your actions, they are blasphemus, and evil. Is condemnation one of the greatest sins, really? What do you base that on? We are to condemn evil things, we are to "cast them out from among us." We are to preach the WORD, not our thoughts. Why do you continue to bring the Word of God into question Amanda, and then replace it with "reason?"

If people stand before God without any labels on them, and just are judged by God by only love in their heart, and actions and treatment to other people for only the sake of helping them, or then those of seeking a position in an exclusive club in heaven... I wonder which category will then be deemed righteous?  :Hmm:

This will not be so. Men won't be standing before God with any labels. They will simply be standing before God, in truth. God knows all things, and no labels attained in life will respect a man in death. You wonder about many things Amanda, because you do not believe God is faithful. You wonder which category will then be deemed righteous, because you have brought into question God's Word. If you believed God, you would not wonder.

Psalm 7:11-17

11 God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.

12 If he turn not, he will whet his sword; he hath bent his bow, and made it ready.

13 He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; he ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors.

14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood.

15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made.

16 His mischief shall return upon his own head, and his violent dealing shall come down upon his own pate.

17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.

Jeremiah 8:11-13

11 For they have healed the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

12 Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore shall they fall among them that fall: in the time of their visitation they shall be cast down, saith the LORD.

13 I will surely consume them, saith the LORD: there shall be no grapes on the vine, nor figs on the fig tree, and the leaf shall fade; and the things that I have given them shall pass away from them.

You come here, you say, "peace peace!" Respect respect! Surely, God will not bring into judgment your actions... surely God has not said, you shall surely die. Isn't that just a concept, Eve? Isn't it just a concept that the wicked will perish, that they shall not stand in the congregation of the righteous? Isn't it evil... condemn? Didn't Jesus come to save the world, not to condemn it? Isn't a house divided against itself, bad? Peace peace! God will bring no harm upon you.

The LORD rebuke you, Amanda.

Daniel, my friend, I'm just asking you to be considering another perspective.

I will consider any perspective, which the Bible does not utterly deny.

daniel, you dumb fuck. Have you even made the connection yet?

YOU ARE NOT GOD.

Why are you putting up all these bible verses about God having the ability to judge in order to justify your own proclivity towards judging others? Why do you think you have the authority to call Amanda "Eve" as if you were a god? Are you not committing the most heinous sin of pride right now? Are you not calling yourself a god?

Stop comparing yourself to god daniel. Stop sinning. Now.

daniel, you dumb fuck.  Have you even made the connection yet?

YOU ARE NOT GOD.

Why are you putting up all these bible verses about God having the ability to judge in order to justify your own proclivity towards judging others?  Why do you think you have the authority to call Amanda "Eve" as if you were a god?  Are you not committing the most heinous sin of pride right now?  Are you not calling yourself a god?

Stop comparing yourself to god daniel.  Stop sinning.  Now.

104922[/snapback]

Stop asking questions, as if they mean anything. You're doing it to. Aske questions to bring the Word of God into question... you have failed miserably. I've never made such claims, but I speak of GOD'S righteosness.

The LORD rebuke you, Cerise.

daniel, you dumb fuck.  Have you even made the connection yet?

YOU ARE NOT GOD.

Why are you putting up all these bible verses about God having the ability to judge in order to justify your own proclivity towards judging others?  Why do you think you have the authority to call Amanda "Eve" as if you were a god?  Are you not committing the most heinous sin of pride right now?  Are you not calling yourself a god?

Stop comparing yourself to god daniel.  Stop sinning.  Now.

104922[/snapback]

Stop asking questions, as if they mean anything. You're doing it to. Aske questions to bring the Word of God into question... you have failed miserably. I've never made such claims, but I speak of GOD'S righteosness.

104928[/snapback]

:lmao:

Thank you, Daniel. I've learned sooooo much.

Remember, Danny. (now this is IMPORTANT...)

Neither to the left or the right.

The clouds, Danny. Look to the clouds.

post-389-1131658378.jpg

I've always found this statement from christians to be funny, when you say this its you thats doing the rebuking, but you use God's name to avoide taking responsiblity for being a jerk. "God did it he's the one rebuking you so its not my fault" Give me a break. :nono:

I've always found this statement from christians to be funny, when you say this its you thats doing the rebuking, but you use God's name to avoide taking responsiblity for being a jerk. "God did it he's the one rebuking you so its not my fault" Give me a break. :nono:

104939[/snapback]

Imagine if God existed, and he didn't rebuke Cerise. Then Daniel would be using God's name in vain!

Guest Large feline + less than perfect

Daniel... in case you hadn't noticed, YOU are doing the judging here... not God.

I know you're going to say that you're just passing on the judgement of God, but how can that be? We have to be dead to be judged...

Who are you to place your judgement before that of your God? Who are you to judge us when your own God tells you not to?

You are that proud and arrogant that you consider yourself to be above your own God... You have become your own God.

Indeed. LORD rebuke us all. Grope us firmly. And spank us, too. Just don't stick your finger in our butts this time, O LORD. That's never cool. I don't care how bad we've been.

Daniel......

I'm still waiting for you to give me a response to this simple post....

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?show...ndpost&p=104859

I think you have some bad issues with how to read the bible and my simple post is just one tiny example how you read it the way you want it to mean, not what it "could" mean.

Don't think that Amanda is like Eve in the Garden tempting you with Satan's apple because she reads things differently than you do Daniel. I don't mean to speak for Amanda, but I can say for myself that's pretty offense of you to imply that of her. I differ with her views in a number of points, but I'm certainly not going to call her a tool of Satan like you seem to be doing ----- because she reads the bible differently than you. I respect her open mindedness. That's where you're falling way short in my eyes. Closed mindedness is absolutely unappealing to me.

I know a lot of Christians and they all read things differently than you too. Are your interpretations inspired of God and no other readings can possibly be true. Just answer this simple 2 choice question for me:

1. "Yes, I know what I'm reading and there are no other valid interpretations"

or

2. "No, I could be wrong, and there's a number of different way that it could be read".

Simple choice: 1 or 2?

Please, please answer……

Daniel: have you tried Clozapine or Prolixin? They might help.

But, make sure you are aware of the side effects before taking any drug.

Stop asking questions, as if they mean anything.  You're doing it to.

Is this the "mommy, she hit me first" argument? 'Cause that's pathetic daniel. Or should I call you "denial"? YOU are supposedly a christian and believe in god and god's word. YOU are the one that should be following the bible to exactness and trying your best not to impose your own judgments on people while professing that God is the only judge allowed. Not me.

Aske questions to bring the Word of God into question... you have failed miserably.  I've never made such claims, but I speak of GOD'S righteosness.

You are making such a claim right now daniel. You end with a tag line "The LORD rebuke you, Cerise". Is that an order, daniel? Are you ordering God to rebuke me? Or are you still in your fantasy where you are god himself and can pass judgment on us lesser beings?

You speak of God? Bullshit. You speak only of your own inflated sense of self-importance and it totally shows. You are no god, daniel, neither are you a follower of god. You are a sad, sorry little man who has to bother people on internet forums in order to feel valuable.

I pity you.

Satan brought what could not be proven, into question... and then told Adam and Eve God was a liar.  You have done the same to me, they have done the same to us.  I won't bite though, sorry.
God was proven a liar though... remember, he told Adam that the day he ate from the apple would be the day he died.

Funny how Adam lived over 900 years from that point...

Wicked men deny God's Word, which has been clearly spoken.  Wicked men do not believe in the faithfulness of God's Word.  Yes, concequently, many of those who post here fall in this category.
The irony of this is incredible... You are denying God's word every time you "interpret" it.
You see, the Jews were looking for a Messiah that would conquere the world with them, and restablish Israel literally and physically.  They saw Christ as a great ruler, and one with power.  They saw that He would come and destroy those miserable unbelievers, who were fuel for the fires of hell.
Yes, they were looking for a Messiah, but they most certainly did NOT see Jesus as a Messiah...

Remember, God's law stated that those who lived by his laws would be saved... no need for a Saviour. (knowledge of Jewish beliefs would help you at this point)

But Jesus said, He did not come to condemn, but to save... but those that would not believe, were condemned already.  If what you say (which is based on nothing), condemnation is spiritual suicide, than you mock Jesus.  The LORD rebuke you Amanda.  I condemn nobody Amanda, but I type the same things Jesus said -- you can be saved, but if you have not believed, you are condemned already.  Stop taking the Word of God out of context so that you can "respect," those who hate God.
Jesus managed to re-write a whole lot of God's ETERNAL LAWS... (hey, he said himself that those laws would never change...) Means that Jesus isn't the Messiah at all, and anything you say that puts Jesus on the same level as God is Blasphemy.

God's not that hot for blasphemy, so you're in for some tough times with this.

Of course, it's also hard to hate something that you don't believe in... but never let the facts get in the way of your judgemental condemnation of others.

I do love, Amanda... and those whom I love, I rebuke chasten.  This said Jesus, and this say I.  Once again!  You bring the word of God into question, by using it!
Jesus isn't God! Every time you equate Jesus with God, YOU BRING GOD INTO QUESTION!

You rebuke, chasten, judge and condemn based on the words of a false prophet... and you're so bloody sure that you're doing God's will.

The only message you are bringing now is one of hate... you have shown how much you hate Ex-Christians, you have shown how much you hate Christians who don't agree with YOUR interpretation of the Bible, you have shown how much you hate love, compassion, empathy and your own God...

You are showing none of the "fruits" that a Christian is supposed to show, so I can only say that you are NOT a Christian at all... just someone who's got a whole lot of hate and anger to get rid of.

Yes, this would mean that man would have to use his God-given capability of reason! We would have to thank our many fine Atheist friends to keep us in line with wise judgements! And certainly using judgement for condemnation is one of the biggest sins... please read James 3!

Hah... you speak of man using his reason to abase truth, and yet you have misquoted scripture over and over, and done just that thing yourself. You base reason, and you call it the Word of God. I condemn your actions, they are blasphemus, and evil. Is condemnation one of the greatest sins, really? What do you base that on? We are to condemn evil things, we are to "cast them out from among us." We are to preach the WORD, not our thoughts. Why do you continue to bring the Word of God into question Amanda, and then replace it with "reason?"

Then preach the WORD, rather than your thoughts on what the WORD means...

Are you God? No... so you don't know what scripture means and you are judging Amanda from your own thoughts. No... so you don't know if Amanda is misquoting scripture at all. No... so your own judgement on things is just that... YOUR JUDGEMENT!

Over and over again you have defied the word of your God and you DARE to accuse someone else of that sin?

You have set yourself up as God and are judging people on that basis.

Daniel:  have you tried Clozapine or Prolixin?  They might help.

But, make sure you are aware of the side effects before taking any drug.

104955[/snapback]

What side effects??? Not when you have the Holy Gost you won't! It in the bible! They can even eat live rattle snakes with no side effects.

Fuck, I'm feeling a little left out. I haven't gotten a rebuke yet.

How bout it, Danny? Just a little one.

Let me try.

The Lord Rebuke You, Mythra.

nope. It just doesn't carry the same punch when you do it yourself.

wait. Maybe more forceful

THE LORD REBUKE YOU, MYTHRA!

OOh. That's better.

I feel better now.

Daniel would you follow everything in Bible? Can you do that?

Nah, if you interpreted it logically, you have hundreds of laws on your back to follow.

Face it, obedience is useless for this God.

Choose a less legalistic God if you want to obey everything the god said.

I for once decided to read one of Daniels long rants

Damn he is so judgmental.

I rebuke you I rebuke you how stupid.

You’ll get nowhere with that attitude Daniel

I rebuke that attitude Daniel you shall be nice to people!!!!!!

hahaha

Here's a thought... what's the difference between a religious terrorist and Daniel?

Here's a thought... what's the difference between a religious terrorist and Daniel?

104970[/snapback]

:scratch: That was a tough one... still thinking... is there a difference?

And, lay off of Amanda, Dannyboy.

She has more character and spirituality and understanding and "christ-likeness" in her little finger than you have in your whole body.

Danny is living proof that the bible is a joke. He's living proof what a person ends up looking like when they get the Holy Bible thoroughly absorped into their system. He's a walking argument against christianity.

I mean, who the fuck would EVER want to be like him?