Goodbye Jesus

Pretend Judgement Day Were to Actually Happen...

Foxy Methoxy

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Antlerman

• daniel_1012

• Amanda

• crazy-tiger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will be 36 on the 30th of Decemeber and feel old that a 27 year old feels old! :-(

105952[/snapback]

You are so very young! On December 25th, Jesus will be 2011 years old. So 36 is nothing compared to that. Happy birthday. :grin:

happy non-birthday Jeeezus!

Happy Non-Birthday!

*Jeezus blows the piss cake on 25th december*

Do not seek understanding so that you might believe. Believe, so that you might attain understanding.
Basically, you're saying that one must start with the conclusion, and then accept only the evidence that leads to that conclusion?

105908[/snapback]

Believe it or not, that is pretty common practice among all things that we have come to know. A person first believes something, before he seeks understanding. He would not seek to understand, unless he first has belief. Just think you should make a scientific hypothesis on Christ, that's all. :) That's what evolutionists have done... and their still doing it. I'm just saying to put your faith in God, instead.

Believe it or not, that is pretty common practice among all things that we have come to know. A person first believes something, before he seeks understanding. He would not seek to understand, unless he first has belief. Just think you should make a scientific hypothesis on Christ, that's all.  That's what evolutionists have done... and their still doing it. I'm just saying to put your faith in God, instead.

Then at least evolutionists's not lazy in finding the truth, whereas fundamentalists are more lazy in finding out about the truth.

I admire people who keep mining for the truth longer than anyone more than a man who just accept a lie.

Daniel, why not you can study the bible more harder and not accepting anything for granted? Maybe you will either be stronger or weaker. At least you can be called a honest truth seeker if you do that.

Daniel, what do you think?

Geezer (Nice name :) )

Daniel, what do you think?

I think, it is not proof that leads men to accept "no God," as an alternative to "God," as a viable answer to our existance. I feel the same way about Evolution, as an alternative to Biblical history. Men seek to prove what they believe. Jesus said, believe and then you will know :) (Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.)

I think, it is not proof that leads men to accept "no God," as an alternative to "God," as a viable answer to our existance. I feel the same way about Evolution, as an alternative to Biblical history. Men seek to prove what they believe. Jesus said, believe and then you will know  (Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.)

Some men and women are scared of death and are uncertain about death, they turn to a god to validate their existence. Others, only adopt a god only in name, cos they don't want to be shunned by the people who are calling all the shots on the God issues. Some people are unsure about the existence of God because a god sound so ridculous yet they want to believe but there are not enough proof.

Some reject a God outright because it's illogical and morally bankrupt.

But the worst offenders is the people who want to impose on people their own truth. That's not worth trying to be that sort of person who wants to impose their God on the masses.

The people who doubt everything is the most honest truth seekers you'll come across. Doubt your beliefs. If it still sounds true to you, at least DON'T IMPOSE on the masses your truth.

As to your quote, If Jesus said to believe, then tell him to reveal himself and if he does, you can believe.

As for me, I will refuse to believe until THERE IS ABSOLUTE proof of a god.

Until then, I'm a atheist.

Is that enough?

:scratch: You know, I think that daniel and that mad Marg from "Trading Spouses" would make a lovely couple. They think exactly the same way.

I can just imagine both of them sitting around the house going I REBUKE YOU IN THE NAME OF JESUS YOU DARKSIDED SINNAAARHGHAHRHA-UH! to the dryer whenever a sock is missing or static cling occurs.

If he continue that way, he'd end up with her, if possible.

Believe it or not, that is pretty common practice among all things that we have come to know.  A person first believes something, before he seeks understanding.  He would not seek to understand, unless he first has belief.  Just think you should make a scientific hypothesis on Christ, that's all. :)   That's what evolutionists have done... and their still doing it.  I'm just saying to put your faith in God, instead.

105963[/snapback]

You know Daniel, that is just pure stupidity. Period. You have no idea what science is, do you?

Believe it or not, that is pretty common practice among all things that we have come to know.  A person first believes something, before he seeks understanding.  He would not seek to understand, unless he first has belief.  Just think you should make a scientific hypothesis on Christ, that's all. :)   That's what evolutionists have done... and their still doing it.  I'm just saying to put your faith in God, instead.

105963[/snapback]

I should offer something other than just criticism. No Daniel, science starts with a ***question***, not a belief. "What is this thing, why is this thing?" That is what is the starting gun of the scientific method. "I believe this already, let me find supporting evidence," is the modus operandi of religious faith. That is what all your friends do.

You have no idea what science is. Quit being so naive. There's a HUGE world of knowledge out there. You want to find God? Open your mind and look what we've learned!!!

Antler, is my post spot on?

What if you had a question about what was on the other side of the door, but you were convinced by belief that if you opened the door you would instantly die? Wouldn't that influence and your decision to precede?

If on the other hand, you were wondering what was on the other side but were convinced that opening it presented absolutely no danger... wouldn't that belief influence your decision to precede?

If you believed that sure death, unless you had a death wish, awaited you on the other side of the door... you probably wouldn't care enough to find out what was on the other side, because it wouldn't matter once you found out... you would be dead.

Our beliefs GREATLY effect our research. All scientists develope beliefs, questions, and these two feed one another on the path they choose to search.

Some people are unsure about the existence of God because a god sound so ridculous yet they want to believe but there are not enough proof.

Some reject a God outright because it's illogical and morally bankrupt.

But the worst offenders is the people who want to impose on people their own truth. That's not worth trying to be that sort of person who wants to impose their God on the masses.

To answer your question, yes you are right on. This whole belief of Daniel's crowd is a mask of politics. It's about control, nothing more. Daniel is an unfortunate manipulated foot soldier. In another faith, he would be one of the tragic fools strapping bombs to their chest in the name of their God, as their leaders manipulate them into their own level of control. Yes indeed. You are spot on. Daniel, wake up and smell life!

Our beliefs GREATLY effect our research.  All scientists develope beliefs, questions, and these two feed one another on the path they choose to search.

105982[/snapback]

Yes. True. That's why the scientific method was developed, to limit personal bias from influences results. Want to learm more....? BTW, religion relies on emotions. How trustworthy is that?

Our beliefs GREATLY effect our research.  All scientists develope beliefs, questions, and these two feed one another on the path they choose to search.

105982[/snapback]

Yes. True. That's why the scientific method was developed, to limit personal bias from influences results. Want to learm more....? BTW, religion relies on emotions. How trustworthy is that?

105985[/snapback]

Religion based on emotions is totally worthless, I agree.

105986[/snapback]

Great! We're getting somewhere. Checks and balances then? Why do so many of your peers disagree with your readings?

105986[/snapback]

Let me clarify further. Personal biases need checks and balances. That's why peer review is so important in the scientific community. Also, you have a community of common biases, so my question is why does the vast majority of Christianity differ in interpreting scripture than your crowd does? Are they all wrong, and your folks are the only right ones?

So why is it unforgivable to blaspheme the holy spirit, but not Jesus or the father? I never understood that even when I was a xtian. Are the son/father less holy? I thought they were all the same entity. :shrug:

105842[/snapback]

:grin: Hi All Gods Fail!

I should of known to leave it to you, to ask such a good question!

My personal opinion is that God is the power of what is good/sacred, and Jesus is the consciousness of what is good/sacred, yet the Holy Spirit is the force that is calling us ALL into what is good/sacred.

Anyway, the definition of Holy Ghost is here:

http://bible.crosswalk.com/Lexicons/Greek/...151&version=kjv

I'd be curious to know, what logical conclusion you could reason 'blasphemy against the Holy Spirit' to be...

105963[/snapback]

Actually, this is exactly the problem, Daniel. Only it's a problem of yours. You refuse to believe the truth. You refuse to even examine the evidence. When a post is made here that offers up legitimate points, you skim over it (or refuse to read it altogether) and then bang away with your nonsense once again.

You cling stubbornly to your religion, your book, and anything that refutes it, even if it's highly credible information, you are unable or unwilling to internalize.

So, in order to believe the truth, that the bible is a man-made fabrication, you must first lay down your stubborn pride that your religion has to be the truth.

If you ever truly seek to open yourself up to the real truth, you'll see that you were blind all along. Until then, your religion will keep you blind, naked, and poor.

[i'd be curious to know, what logical conclusion you could reason 'blasphemy against the Holy Spirit' to be...

105990[/snapback]

Hi Amanda :grin:

I know this question wasn't directed toward me, but I'm just sitting here being raised aloft by the sounds of some Thelonious Monk I bought on vinyl today and felt an urge to respond....

Honestly that verse was always mysterious to me, as I believe it is to most Christians. Of course, being the cynic/skeptic I am today, I would say this is one of those verses that shows that it is culturally alienated from us. Who knows? Can we really now? It meant something to them, but who knows anymore? This would then imply there is not necessarily some over-arching divine meaning we must "contemplate" to understand. Its meaning is pretty much lost.

I may be totally wrong. I don't now. This music is great though. That much I can say I know with much certainty! :grin:

105868[/snapback]

OK Daniel, I must admit I'm wrong again. I thought there was a loving heart deep down inside of you... but I guess I'm wrong, or it is so far down there that maybe even you have lost it. If you only knew the distruction you often leave in your path. *sigh*

Unfortunately, you have come on here and given Jesus a bad name. Look at your results. I lose, these nice people here win... you have proven their point. I guess you are too blind to see it, and no matter what people do to help you see... you remain totally blind. Keep on hating and condemning in the name of Jesus, you will probably be the last one to see the kingdom of God. The ironic thing is all these nice people here will be there welcoming you when you do finally come.

I'm done, till you get rid of your illusions creating tremendous fear, taking captive the genuine you from actually being able to glimpse the light and the courage to consider the minds of others.

I highly suspect the light you see is the flames of hell, instead of the light of the Lord. Sadly, you probably can't really even love yourself, so how can you love others?

This music is great though.  That much I can say I know with much certainty!  :grin:

105992[/snapback]

:grin: Hello Antlerman!

That's what I need right now, after my last post. Relaxing with some delightful music of Enya. Thanks for bringing such a good idea to my attention. :thanks:

Guest Guest_hansolo_*

105868[/snapback]

OK Daniel, I must admit I'm wrong again. I thought there was a loving heart deep down inside of you... but I guess I'm wrong, or it is so far down there that maybe even you have lost it. If you only knew the distruction you often leave in your path. *sigh*

Unfortunately, you have come on here and given Jesus a bad name. Look at your results. I lose, these nice people here win... you have proven their point. I guess you are too blind to see it, and no matter what people do to help you see... you remain totally blind. Keep on hating and condemning in the name of Jesus, you will probably be the last one to see the kingdom of God. The ironic thing is all these nice people here will be there welcoming you when you do finally come.

I'm done, till you get rid of your illusions creating tremendous fear, taking captive the genuine you from actually being able to glimpse the light and the courage to consider the minds of others.

I highly suspect the light you see is the flames of hell, instead of the light of the Lord. Sadly, you probably can't really even love yourself, so how can you love others?

105995[/snapback]

ouch! that's gonna leave a mark! :HaHa:

105986[/snapback]

Let me clarify further. Personal biases need checks and balances. That's why peer review is so important in the scientific community. Also, you have a community of common biases, so my question is why does the vast majority of Christianity differ in interpreting scripture than your crowd does? Are they all wrong, and your folks are the only right ones?

105989[/snapback]