Goodbye Jesus

Christianity And Personal Responsibility

Penguin

Y'all would like to pressure me into some apology, but it ain't gonna happen.

No, never.  A forced apology would be meaningless.  Instead I wish your eyes would be open and you would understand.

Go look at what our friend wrote to the new Christian. Paraphrasing: I would like to be friends but my friends and lurkers are more important than you, so we will have to be enemies. How completely fucked up is that.

I would like to see a link please.  Or at least tell me which thread and which post number you are talking about.

Post 23 where Philoviod is responding to BAA of the "Lions, please familiarize...

Sorry.  I don't see anything in that where 2PV looks like a jerk.  Can you be more specific?

However I did not forget that you brought this up as a distraction.  I would never want you to be forced into an apology.  Instead I think you are missing out of a lot of meaning and I wish you could understand what you are missing.

Not to belabor, but it's BAA being the JA. How can you rule out being friends without even knowing someone. How can you say to another human that these humans are more important than you. Crap, I don't even go there. I think he should be the one doing as much introspection as the rest of us.

Deflection!

I'm not a Christian.  End3 is.  The subject of this thread is Christian Responsibility, not Atheist Responsibility.

Let's get this thread back on track and deal with End's responsibility to the people he's wronged.

So when IS an apology merited from End3 I wonder?

Just how badly does he have to sin against someone to actually want to be reconciled with them?

To want to heal the injury he did them?

And not to put them on 'ignore'...?

(Bump!)

Not to belabor, but it's BAA being the JA. How can you rule out being friends without even knowing someone. How can you say to another human that these humans are more important than you. Crap, I don't even go there. I think he should be the one doing as much introspection as the rest of us.

When God was angry at Adam for eating the fruit Adam pointed at BAA and said "BAA is being a Jackass".  Thank you for demonstrating Christian personal responsibility.  When you have wronged FTNZ the appropriate way to atone for your wrong doing is to draw attention to how BAA wasn't nice to some third party.

I still did not forget that you brought this up as a distraction.  If you didn't try so hard to weasel out of accountability then others wouldn't have to work so hard to find what you have done.

• Like 1

I'm not trying to force End into an apology he's not willing to make, either.

I know that.  I was addressing End's own words, not yours.

End3, you seem to be straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel.  You are not only deflecting but doing so poorly. 

End3, you seem to be straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel.  You are not only deflecting but doing so poorly.

You live to your standards and I will live to mine. If anyone had the balls, they would be hollering bigot and "Christophobe". I am taking responsibility for my actions and these are my actions. Thx.

When God was angry at Adam for eating the fruit Adam pointed at BAA and said "BAA is being a Jackass".  Thank you for demonstrating Christian personal responsibility.  When you have wronged FTNZ the appropriate way to atone for your wrong doing is to draw attention to how BAA wasn't nice to some third party.

I still did not forget that you brought this up as a distraction.  If you didn't try so hard to weasel out of accountability then others wouldn't have to work so hard to find what you have done.

Right on the money, MM!

It may be too much to ask End for an apology, but it should be within his compass to accept responsibility for his actions.

He should try and understand that he's accountable for his actions not only to Jesus but to the people he wrongs.

Is that a step you're willing to take, End?

To acknowledge that you're accountable for the insulting words you've used?

(Can someone else ask him on my behalf please?)

Ok, let's talk about her directly. We were pretty good friends in chat and then one day she comes out being rude and hasn't stopped yet. To this day, I have no clue about her problem with me. I do know that I am tired of it to the point of putting her on ignore. When she is ready to have a conversation, I'm ready. And I glance at her posts on occasion, but can't tell that she is ready to have a discussion. No distractions here.

You live to your standards and I will live to mine. If anyone had the balls, they would be hollering bigot and "Christophobe". I am taking responsibility for my actions and these are my actions. Thx.

Is that how you honor Christ with your words, your behavior and your life?

That's how you promote Christ and Christianity in this forum?

By admitting that you as a Christian are happy to insult others?

Ok, let's talk about her directly. We were pretty good friends in chat and then one day she comes out being rude and hasn't stopped yet. To this day, I have no clue about her problem with me. I do know that I am tired of it to the point of putting her on ignore. When she is ready to have a conversation, I'm ready. And I glance at her posts on occasion, but can't tell that she is ready to have a discussion. No distractions here.

It's not a case of her readiness to have a discussion, End.

It's a case of you realizing that you were wrong to insult her.

How she was, is or will be is not part of the equation.

According to Jesus this isn't up for negotiation by any Christian!

I will live to my standards, End3, but you must live to the standards of Yeshua.  A little John 8:7 might be a good place to start. Quit throwing stones.

Speaking of Jesus, you called me an ass one time in chat. I forgive you. No one needs to die, I just forgive you.

I will live to my standards, End3, but you must live to the standards of Yeshua.  A little John 8:7 might be a good place to start. Quit throwing stones.

Speaking of Jesus, you called me an ass one time in chat. I forgive you. No one needs to die, I just forgive you.

Amen to that!

Jesus Christ, the Son of God is your standard of behavior, End.

You should strive to be and live like him, not like one of us.

I'm sure I have been at odds with everyone here at one point....it kind of goes with being a Christian in a non-Christian crowd. I don't remember that but I might have. Apologies. I've noticed you have said some things that others are not willing to say on this site and respect you for that....a reasonable voice.

Guest Furball

images%2Farticle%2F2013%2F04%2F05%2FCats

You really think we should call you a bigot and Christophobe just because you are giving Christians a bad name?  The first fits but I can't imagine why you would think you are a Christophobe.  It doesn't make sense.

No distractions here.

Three times now I have made a comment and all three times you have changed the subject.  So yes I say you are making a distraction.  You are using this conflict you have with NZ as a shield to distract from the fact that humanism is a better guide to being a good person than Christianity.  You are one of the many Christians who come here to get schooled in morality and ethics.  It's not your fault.  You have bad religion and you don't know any better.

Christianity sucks at personal responsibility.

• Like 1

You really think we should call you a bigot and Christophobe just because you are giving Christians a bad name?  The fist fits but I can't imagine why you would think you are a Christophobe.  It doesn't make sense.

Was referring to the BAA's treatment of Phil.

End3, are you saying that BAA is a bigot and a Christophobe (whatever that means)?

Oh, you think BAA is the bigot?  How ironic.

• Like 1

No distractions here.

Three times now I have made a comment and all three times you have changed the subject.  So yes I say you are making a distraction.  You are using this conflict you have with NZ as a shield to distract from the fact that humanism is a better guide to being a good person than Christianity.  You are one of the many Christians who come here to get schooled in morality and ethics.  It's not your fault.  You have bad religion and you don't know any better.

Christianity sucks at personal responsibility.

I don't come here to get schooled...lol. Christianity can be a method for personal responsibility. Your opinion is that it sucks. That's ok. Humanism is relative. Where's the baseline? What's ultimately right/wrong? Seems like the line moves over time? You think it's innate? And if so, if we are all individuals, how come there are professions that it is not innate with all? Doesn't the Bible say that some are ok and some are lost?

You really think we should call you a bigot and Christophobe just because you are giving Christians a bad name?  The fist fits but I can't imagine why you would think you are a Christophobe.  It doesn't make sense.

That's just deflecting this thread from it's true path - getting you to accept responsibility for wrongdoing.

My actions aren't under examination here because this thread is about Christian responsibility.

After taking responsibility for your actions End, the next step is to understand that they are... wrong.

Can you make that next step?

End, the entire problem is that you personally lack empathy. This is evident in your saying that you are "bad" and need the fear of hell to make you treat people well. That is who you are, but the personal responsibility would come in where you decide to try and develop some empathy. Empathy comes from putting yourself in another person's shoes and asking "how would that make me feel?". None of this is about Christianity, it's about you.

• Like 1

: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

Eh, when he says he has to be enemies with someone he doesn't know in the name of non-religion, this doesn't meet this definition?????

The Bible also says this, End3,, "Why do you call me Lord and do not the things that I say?", Jesus speaking, and "I never knew you. Depart from me ye workers of iniquity", again Jesus speaking to people that had done wonderful works, including miracles (which implies that God was with them).

End, the entire problem is that you personally lack empathy. This is evident in your saying that you are "bad" and need the fear of hell to make you treat people well. That is who you are, but the personal responsibility would come in where you decide to try and develop some empathy. Empathy comes from putting yourself in another person's shoes and asking "how would that make me feel?". None of this is about Christianity, it's about you.

I'm empathetic to some, some not.