Goodbye Jesus

God Is Good. All The Time......all The Time. God Is Good.

Guest sylensikeelyoo

Guest Furball

So if I see someone who is starving I have to personally feed that person?  The onus is on me to take responsibility and do something?

If god sees someone who is starving god has to send a magical spirit to someone to urge that person to feed that person and hope that this person heeds the urging of the magical spirit in order to get that person fed?  The onus is now on the person who receives the magical spirit to heed the urging of the spirit and do something?

Why must we directly act when the best god can do is indirectly act?  My telling people that someone ought to do something is essentially the same as a magical spirit urging those who will listen to engage in some action.  Why isn't that good enough for me if it's good enough for a god?  Hell, if I write a check to help out I think I'm actually one-upping god at that point.

mwc

Thousands of years ago, this god could feed the poor by raining manna from the heavens. Jesus magically fed thousands. Yet in today's world god can do absolutely nothing. So for christians to defend their insanity, they now say that the spirit of god has to work through humans. Why could god act directly in human affairs thousands of years ago but now he has to work indirectly through humans today? They say whatever they have to, to keep the lie going.

You're absolutely right mwc. If you chose to cut a check to help out, you would be one-upping god. Strange how this supposed gods 'creation' exhibits more morals and compassion than the creator himself. Something is rotten in denmark....and that stench is the smell of bullshit called christianity. -Cat

• Like 1

You're absolutely right mwc. If you chose to cut a check to help out, you would be one-upping god. Strange how this supposed gods 'creation' exhibits more morals and compassion than the creator himself. Something is rotten in denmark....and that stench is the smell of bullshit called christianity. -Cat

We would expect God to not be consistent with what was written? I know you think that's bullshit, but? Not sure it matters....we have all re-crucified Christ 47000 times....so faith is all we have.

One would think with knowing the facts now and depending on intellect that it would behoove those to intellectually fix the starvation....but that doesn't happen either it appears....it's still God's fault.

We would expect God to not be consistent with what was written? 

The Bible isn't even consistent with what is written in the Bible.  The different men who wrote and edited the

Bible didn't agree with each other.  As for God being consistent God can't do anything that wasn't going to

happen anyway.  So religious people have to dream up excuses for why God wanted what actually happened

to be God's great plan.  This is easy for a sunset or the birth of a child.  Not so easy for cancer, dead kittens

or rape.

...we have all re-crucified Christ 47000 times...

Zero times.  Jesus never existed so he was never really crucified.  Pretending something you do crucifies 

Christ is like pretending that an angel gets his wings every time you ring a bell because it said so in a Jimmy

Stewart movie.

One would think with knowing the facts now and depending on intellect that it would behoove those to intellectually fix the starvation....but that doesn't happen either it appears....it's still God's fault

I know you are trying but the one where you said "Hitler was trying to recreate Adam" was funnier.

We would expect God to not be consistent with what was written? I know you think that's bullshit, but? Not sure it matters....we have all re-crucified Christ 47000 times....so faith is all we have.

One would think with knowing the facts now and depending on intellect that it would behoove those to intellectually fix the starvation....but that doesn't happen either it appears....it's still God's fault.

If we see a problem then we should fix the problem?

If god sees a problem then we should also fix the problem?

At what point does god see a problem and actually fix the problem?  Not destroy the planet or do something rash but actually see the problem then fix the problem?  See another problem then fix that problem?  See yet another problem then fix that problem as well?  Wash, rinse and repeat.  When does god fix the problems that he sees and not just, you know, send the old spirit to pass the buck or the hard rain to wash the streets clean?

Keep in mind I'm not blaming any god.  I'm fine with humans fixing starvation.  I think that's the answer.  If I may be so bold to speak for most everyone else here I think they believe that as well, that humans not gods will solve starvation.  But the discussion sort of demands that I ask the question.  The question being, humans fixing these problems for themselves aside, when is it would it be, if at all, would god actually see a problem and fix the problem like I describe above?

mwc

• Like 2

At what point does god see a problem and actually fix the problem?  Not destroy the planet or do something rash but actually see the problem then fix the problem?  See another problem then fix that problem?  See yet another problem then fix that problem as well?  Wash, rinse and repeat.  When does god fix the problems that he sees and not just, you know, send the old spirit to pass the buck or the hard rain to wash the streets clean?

Keep in mind I'm not blaming any god.  I'm fine with humans fixing starvation.  I think that's the answer.  If I may be so bold to speak for most everyone else here I think they believe that as well, that humans not gods will solve starvation.  But the discussion sort of demands that I ask the question.  The question being, humans fixing these problems for themselves aside, when is it would it be, if at all, would god actually see a problem and fix the problem like I describe above?

mwc

We're talking about the story right? Or are we talking speculating on why God does not intervene for us? Just let me know so I may participate in the correct discussion.

We're talking about the story right? Or are we talking speculating on why God does not intervene for us? Just let me know so I may participate in the correct discussion.

Would your answer be different depending on which one I choose?

Is there a difference between the problem in garden and the current problem of starvation?

Both seem related to the larger thread theme of god is good all the time but if you feel they're different then take them as different questions.  As I said in my previous post that when we see a problem we're expected to fix said problem.  In this thread people have used starvation.  So I asked when god sees a problem when is it should we expect for god to fix said problem.  I wouldn't see god as intervening anymore than people from one area intervening when they help people in another area only now it's a god as opposed to humans.

mwc

Would your answer be different depending on which one I choose?

Is there a difference between the problem in garden and the current problem of starvation?

Both seem related to the larger thread theme of god is good all the time but if you feel they're different then take them as different questions.  As I said in my previous post that when we see a problem we're expected to fix said problem.  In this thread people have used starvation.  So I asked when god sees a problem when is it should we expect for god to fix said problem.  I wouldn't see god as intervening anymore than people from one area intervening when they help people in another area only now it's a god as opposed to humans.

mwc

Not trying to be thick here, but I'm not clear what the last sentence is asking.

Not trying to be thick here, but I'm not clear what the last sentence is asking.

It's not asking anything.  It's not a question but a comment.  A comment on your use of "intervene."  To intervene places a different meaning on things that I did not intend so I addressed this concept of intervening in an attempt to clarify.

mwc

mwc

Should have responded here first. Per my understanding, no man knows when the "fixing" will begin. And I know you well enough that I know you know what the Bible says about this. So why did you ask.

Should have responded here first. Per my understanding, no man knows when the "fixing" will begin. And I know you well enough that I know you know what the Bible says about this. So why did you ask.

The quotes around "fixing" usually implies irony.  So no actual fixing?

You did read my post and understand it, correct?  Like where I said "Not destroy the planet or do something rash"?  This would also include any end times scenario you wish to choose from.

If humans see starving kid then humans are expected to try to feed starving kid.

If god sees starving kid then god expects humans to try to feed starving kid.

When should we expect if god sees starving kid god feeds starving kid.  Or simply god doesn't allow starving kids.

mwc

No. Faith is the only thing YOU'VE decided to have, End.

No action. No deeds.  No leading by example.  No obedience to God's will.  No love for others.  Nothing else.  Just empty, dead and blind faith in a book - not a living and breathing relationship with the person of Jesus Christ. 

Even if it isn't God's fault, he still expects and commands YOU to do something about it.

But you aren't going to actually DO anything, are you End?  

Because you've decided that having faith is ALL you're going to do.

James 2 : 14 - 17 & 26

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

• Like 1

dadaab-farah_1956686i.jpg

Don't trouble yourself to actually DO something (anything) about this starving child End...

...just push your Christian responsibility to act away with faith and keep it out of sight and out of mind with - faith!

starving-child-in-mogadishu.jpg

Faith will keep the flies away and fill his belly with food and drink, right?

SOMALIA-articleLarge.jpg

Faith's the answer, not action?

...so faith is all we have.

Correction.  Faith is all you have.

I don't recall saying you alone were responsible. Feel free to pull where I said that. I said we, at this time, even in the plan of Christianity, are responsible. And instead of taking responsibility, whether it be in belief or non-belief, most of you bitch that it's God's fault.

Why maintain the argument, why bitch at this point?

Two options here: The Christian option is to feed the sheep, love the neighbor because God is watching. Faith alone is dead.

Option two in non-belief: Take responsibility for whatever derived reason and feed the hungry.

Wait, there's option three...which you do MM: Option two and continue to bitch about option one.

Again, the question is, why even bitch anymore? Are you not satisfied with your decision? If intellect is SOOO pleasing, why has it not produced content?

There is no option as a Christian.. you MUST give away everything you own and follow Christ and share the gospel. That's what 'christian' means. Anything else is made up crap to justify fear of death and an inability to live with yourself and your shortcomings. It's false.

It's as simple as that.

And yes, I did that. I gave away everything I owned other than a duffle bag with my clothing, a purse with about $40 and some hygiene products. Because that's what Jesus asked me to do.

It lasted about 8 months… then reality set in and I got really hungry and began to rationalize why it was okay for me to get a home and a job… and a couch, and because the other christians were getting tired of supporting my ass… It wasn't long after… maybe 5, 6 years that it sunk in that truly following Jesus is… a bit fucking crazy. However - that's what the Bible says to do… there are no other options if one really follows Christ.

So, I don't even believe people are truly christians unless they do as he asked. They are full of shit. ALL OF THEM, though they probably don't know any better.

• Like 6

End3,

I've read every page of this thread and have a question for you. Since the subject of feeding the poor has been a focus, have you done that? Several non-believers on this thread have and not because they were motivated by faith in God or obedience but because they have compassion. When I was a Christian for a time I participated in a weekly event where we went to the roughest part of the inner city and fed the homeless. I personally made the food (as a young mom of 4 kids) which was a big sacrifice not to mention my fear of danger going into the inner city at night. I would dish out the food and have to step back sometimes when I saw the kids and their sadness. It was emotionally overwhelming. It wasnt anything close to those horrible pics above, but it was on my doorstep and I had to take action or my faith was dead.

• Like 4

OOH! I know when the fixing begins!! I know this one!

sing_99.gif  "In the sweet by and bye...

When we meet on that beautiful shore..."  sing_99.gif

• Like 1

OOH! I know when the fixing begins!! I know this one!

sing_99.gif  "In the sweet by and bye...

When we meet on that beautiful shore..."  sing_99.gif

Good a answer as any.

mwc

The 'fixing' begins when we love our neighbours as ourselves… idiot. (in a global society we are ALL neighbours)

The kingdom of god is within… and know ye not that ye are gods… do you even understand these verses? They mean WE are the ones to create heaven on earth because it's inside us, not coming from outside… by having compassion and not judging, and feeding the poor, clothing the naked, caring for the orphans and widows, not dragging people to court to sue them, paying a fair wage for a fair days work, obeying the laws of the land, having the courage to stand for what's right, it's loving one another, without expecting anything in return… and doing it without ego ...because it's the right thing to do.

not waiting for some friggin' sky daddy to come and rescue us from our own selfishness. 

I find it hard to believe the most basic moral lessons in the Bible (and in every other spiritual writing, actually - they're pretty universal) are so misunderstood by most christians.

• Like 2

Guest end3

The 'fixing' begins when we love our neighbours as ourselves… idiot. (in a global society we are ALL neighbours)

The kingdom of god is within… and know ye not that ye are gods… do you even understand these verses? They mean WE are the ones to create heaven on earth because it's inside us, not coming from outside… by having compassion and not judging, and feeding the poor, clothing the naked, caring for the orphans and widows, not dragging people to court to sue them, paying a fair wage for a fair days work, obeying the laws of the land, having the courage to stand for what's right, it's loving one another, without expecting anything in return… and doing it without ego ...because it's the right thing to do.

not waiting for some friggin' sky daddy to come and rescue us from our own selfishness. 

I find it hard to believe the most basic moral lessons in the Bible (and in every other spiritual writing, actually - they're pretty universal) are so misunderstood by most christians.

Did you not go back and read the conversation prior to the last few posts. You would then understand the context instead of spewing anti love your neighbor rhetoric....idiot.

Did you not go back and read the conversation prior to the last few posts. You would then understand the context instead of spewing anti love your neighbor rhetoric....idiot.

End3, you get more like Jesus everyday.

Guest end3

End3, you get more like Jesus everyday.

I am just coming to a point where it's impossible to visit with y'all. We were discussing the end times proposition and somehow she twists that into I am waiting for Jesus to come back rather than acting/doing. I gather the reason she was triggered was this hit home for her.

About to sign off permanently from this place due to people totally unable to have a normal conversation. Y'all seem to want answers to questions that the story says you won't get, that many brilliant minds couldn't reconcile. There seem to be only a very few here that are ok with their position to the point where decent conversation is the norm. You have noticed that those who were able to do this are mostly gone now....left this site? Now all we have are people like BAA and MM perpetually stuck in asshole/douchebag/petty mode.

Speaking of becoming more like Him and end times....

13"If the house is worthy, give it your blessing of peace. But if it is not worthy, take back your blessing of peace. 14"Whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet. 15"Truly I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city.

She wasn't triggered.  You were triggered.  It seems to happen every time a woman asks you a tough

question.  But Jesus hates women so you are good.

Now all we have are people like BAA and MM perpetually stuck in asshole/douchebag/petty mode.

And yet I'm cool with all kinds of people.  All you have to do is agree stop trying to spread your religion

here and I would be cool to you as well.  

13"If the house is worthy, give it your blessing of peace. But if it is not worthy, take back your blessing of peace. 14"Whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet. 15"Truly I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city.

That is fine.  Don't let us know how it works out for you.

End3 takes no responsibility for the content of his posts on this forum.  How typical.

Wait? What?  What 'anti' love your neighbour rhetoric?  

wow, just wow.