Goodbye Jesus

God Is Good. All The Time......all The Time. God Is Good.

Guest sylensikeelyoo

Seems rather apparent that we are all into making excuses . . .

Just you.  Yep, just you.

No you are the one whining that you have no resources and blaming God...

I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air (1Corinthians 9:26)

But this verse cannot apply to you End.

It would if you had a living relationship with Jesus - but your fruit tells us otherwise.

You, End3, must get your self consistent with the Bible, not the ex-C's with their "complaints"

Yes I consider the Holy Spirit God, but acting on us and through us rather than acting outside of us. Instead of me attempting to explain it I will give a simple example

God > physical action > result

Jesus > physical action > result

Holy Spirit > act on humanity > physical action > result

If the Holy Spirit acts thru you (because you have a real relationship with Jesus) why don't' we see the fruit of the Spirit in your posts (the result)...?

All three being God, yet the HS requires humanity.

I believe the HS works on people regardless of their belief status.

Nope.  Wrong.  Only those who have a real and living relationship with Jesus will produce the fruit of the Holy Spirit.  

John 15 : 5 - 8

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

Without a relationship with Jesus, the Holy Spirit can do nothing in anyone's life - believer or unbeliever.

Thinking that one could be confirmed in Scripture.....and can make an argument that what we all feel when we see those pictures is the HS acting on us.

So I really don't understand why y'all post these starving human pictures when we are in the last phase of God with us prior to Jesus returning.

Because you believe that faith without action is what a real relationship with Jesus is all about?

So to summarize, I would expect God the Father and Jesus to act independently to end starvation as examples for humanity, but they were both rejected. So now I expect the HS to act on people and see whether they respond or not.

Nice dodge!  The obligation for action falls squarely on the Christian, not the unbeliever.

In Matthew 25 Jesus gives two parables (the Bags of Gold and the Sheep and the Goats) about believers (like yourself) who fail or refuse to put their faith into action.  About believers (like yourself) who thought that belief itself was enough to gain entry into heaven.  But faith without action is dead faith, says the book of James.

Seems rather apparent that we are all into making excuses rather than accepting the mantle.....hence the need for the Intercessor.

Nope.  That's wrong.  

That's why you've widened the obligation to feed the starving to everyone (and not just Christians) by saying that you believe the HS works on people regardless of their belief status.  By doing this you've taken the burden of actually doing something about the starving off yourself, the believer, the one (supposedly) with the living relationship with Jesus... and transferred it to the rest of the unbelieving world.  

If unbelievers have no excuse before God for their unbelief (Romans 1 : 18 - 2 : 16) how much more guilty of harsh judgement and punishment are believers (like yourself) who knew God, had a real relationship with his Son, but who refused to let the Holy Spirit bring forth good spiritual fruit in their lives?

Believers like yourself who killed their relationship with Jesus by slow degrees, day by day and inch by inch, stubbornly refusing to display any good spiritual fruit in their lives?

Believers like yourself who quenched the fire of the Holy Spirit in their lives, leaving themselves with a cold and dead faith?

And what does Jesus say about 'believers' whose faith is dead?

Matthew 25 : 24 - 30.

24 “Then the man who had received one bag of gold came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 So I was afraid and went out and hid your gold in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.’

26 “His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.

28 “‘So take the bag of gold from him and give it to the one who has ten bags.29 For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 30 And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

Matthew 25 : 41 - 46.

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

These parables aren't about the whole, unbelieving world, End.

They're about believers like yourself who were given something (a living relationship with Jesus) by God and who killed that relationship stone dead by refusing to show their love for him in their actions.  That's why those with dead faith (that would be you) cannot enter heaven - they have no LIVING relationship with Jesus. 

If you did, it would show in your fruit.

And it doesn't show in your fruit.

• Like 2

Seems rather apparent that we are all into making excuses . . .

Just you.  Yep, just you.

No you are the one whining that you have no resources and blaming God...

So you don't know what the phrase "making excuses" even means?  I guess you butchered English even 

worse than I had feared.

I am a mortal.  I have never claimed that I have the power to heal all disease, end all hunger, stop all violent

crime, prevent drought and all the rest so I don't have to come up with excuses for why I cannot do these

things.  Christians claim that God watches every rape and has the power to stop it every time.  Christians

claim God watches every child who dies from cancer and God could have stopped it every time.  And yet

Christians also claim that God is perfectly good - the very source of all that is good.  So Christians must

come up with excuses to explain why their beliefs are not compatible with reality. 

End3, why is it that you keep demanding that I personally solve all of the world's problems?  Can't you tell

that that is kind of fracked up?

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

I believe that end3 was taught the same as I was. God made good stuff, Adam chose to go against God, God made redemption available through the substitutionary atonement of his son Jesus, people still rejected God, God took a step back (so you, puny mortals, want to run the planet? Have at it!) and let Satan have run of the planet and people just keep on making more bad choices. We (and Satan) get to run things for a time, then God calls a halt to all the foolishness and claims his faithful and eternally punishes all who went against his rules.

Is that pretty much it? That Christian win-win scenario lets God off the hook for all the suffering (unless you think it through from the beginning of the tale). I think this view is the only defense against the "problem of evil" argument we hear from decent, thoughtful people.

I'm sure that is exactly what they think.  If I had a cure for AIDS and I kept it to myself because nobody is

making me into their king then I would be a douchebag.

I believe that end3 was taught the same as I was. God made good stuff, Adam chose to go against God, God made redemption available through the substitutionary atonement of his son Jesus, people still rejected God, God took a step back (so you, puny mortals, want to run the planet? Have at it!) and let Satan have run of the planet and people just keep on making more bad choices. We (and Satan) get to run things for a time, then God calls a halt to all the foolishness and claims his faithful and eternally punishes all who went against his rules.

Is that pretty much it? That Christian win-win scenario lets God off the hook for all the suffering (unless you think it through from the beginning of the tale). I think this view is the only defense against the "problem of evil" argument we hear from decent, thoughtful people.

I'm just not sure why they keep arguing against the story. Hell, God even now gives people his Spirit. First I, God, will help. Then let me send you a man like me so that you will understand. And then finally, here is my Spirit and you do it yourselves. And still, STILL, we have people like MM. There MM, you know by some spirit or even through evolution that letting people starve is wrong...so do it yourself....and the entire population like you. If you were paying attention to the Bible, then it's love your neighbor. Even if we each just use the neighbor definition loosely, that only holds us to helping people in near proximity. And if everyone did that, there would be none uncovered.

If there is no God MM, then that leaves you to the problem of famine. Go fix it or quit making moronic, idiotic, feeble excuses.

I'm just not sure why they keep arguing against the story. Hell, God even now gives people his Spirit. First I, God, will help. Then let me send you a man like me so that you will understand. And then finally, here is my Spirit and you do it yourselves. And still, STILL, we have people like MM. There MM, you know by some spirit or even through evolution that letting people starve is wrong...so do it yourself....and the entire population like you. If you were paying attention to the Bible, then it's love your neighbor. Even if we each just use the neighbor definition loosely, that only holds us to helping people in near proximity. And if everyone did that, there would be none uncovered.

If there is no God MM, then that leaves you to the problem of famine. Go fix it or quit making moronic, idiotic, feeble excuses.

Look fucktard, I'm not a billionaire.  How the fuck and I suppose to end world hunger?  You are such a

pretentious asshole.  Did it occur to you that there are three people in a developing country who get most

of their income at my expense?  I'm not talking about giving to a charity who gives to them.  I'm talking

about sending monthly payments directly to that family and it has been going on for over 15 years.  Who

the hell do you think you are to try to make me responsible for world hunger?  If your God wasn't so

imaginary he could do so much more than the best of us.  God could solve all the problems.  All!  But he

doesn't because God is imaginary.  That is why during Roman times no historian mentioned the feeding

of the 5,000 or anybody being brought back to life by Jesus.  That crap didn't happen.  Jesus didn't

leave and didn't promise to come back.  It was all made up by delusional assholes.

Look fucktard, I'm not a billionaire.  How the fuck and I suppose to end world hunger?  You are such a

pretentious asshole.  Did it occur to you that there are three people in a developing country who get most

of their income at my expense?  I'm not talking about giving to a charity who gives to them.  I'm talking

about sending monthly payments directly to that family and it has been going on for over 15 years.  Who

the hell do you think you are to try to make me responsible for world hunger?  If your God wasn't so

imaginary he could do so much more than the best of us.  God could solve all the problems.  All!  But he

doesn't because God is imaginary.  That is why during Roman times no historian mentioned the feeding

of the 5,000 or anybody being brought back to life by Jesus.  That crap didn't happen.  Jesus didn't

leave and didn't promise to come back.  It was all made up by delusional assholes.

I'm just fascinated that even Florduh intervenes to affirm the story and you still can't deflate your hard on.

If your feeding three people....I'm sure Sally Struthers is having multiple orgasms in your name. Blessings as always.

• Super Moderator
I'm just fascinated that even Florduh intervenes to affirm the story and you still can't deflate your hard on.

Not affirming, just trying to clarify where you're coming from. This is why you (and others) have relieved God of all responsibility for the problem of evil.

If your feeding three people....I'm sure Sally Struthers is having multiple orgasms in your name. Blessings as always. 

Thanks. Now I'll have nightmares.

I would expect God the Father and Jesus to act independently to end starvation as examples for humanity, but they were both rejected.

Rejected by the starving people?

I would expect God the Father and Jesus to act independently to end starvation as examples for humanity, but they were both rejected.

Rejected by the starving people?

Why would The God Father do that? Slow mob day? :)

Like florduh, I was a Christian as well.  I can still remember thinking all the apologetics.  I use to be right

where you are now.  However I have grown a lot since then.  I'm still not seeing you justify the demands 

you place on me to personally solve world hunger.  And of course I'm still not seeing how you can justify

a God who never does anything at all.  Must be time for you to pretend this thread never happened and

start a new one. 

I'm just not sure why they keep arguing against the story.

I'm not arguing against the story.  I'm actually arguing for the story.  I'm arguing very hard for the story (the one in Genesis this all hinges upon).

What I'm not doing is arguing in favor of what I was taught about the story.  Which is essentially what Florduh was taught about the story and apparently what you seem to have been taught about the story and still think the story actually is (although as short as the story is a few minutes is all it takes to read the story and see that it's something else).

Hell, God even now gives people his Spirit. First I, God, will help. Then let me send you a man like me so that you will understand. And then finally, here is my Spirit and you do it yourselves. And still, STILL, we have people like MM. There MM, you know by some spirit or even through evolution that letting people starve is wrong...so do it yourself....and the entire population like you. If you were paying attention to the Bible, then it's love your neighbor. Even if we each just use the neighbor definition loosely, that only holds us to helping people in near proximity. And if everyone did that, there would be none uncovered.

If god is good and god is good all the time then why did god curse the very ground that provides all the food we require simply because two people decided to eat from that tree?  Why didn't god kill them or have them die like he said they would instead implementing a curse system of punishment that would go well beyond them?  As something that could only do good this doesn't seem good.  Providing jesus didn't increase crop yield so jesus doesn't matter.  Providing a spirit that guilts people into offering food to other people also doesn't magically increase crop yields either.  The ground is still cursed. 

None of the things god has supposedly done has actually lifted, or eased, this curse to aid humans.  There has been no mercy.  The curses handed down at the garden all stand in full.  The ground is unyielding.  There is pain in child birth.  Snakes crawl on their bellies.  And so on.  Only humans have managed to ease these burdens for themselves no thanks to any god.

mwc

• Like 2

I'm just not sure why they keep arguing against the story.

Because it's just a story and not history?

Hell, God even now gives people his Spirit.

Your life isn't evidence for that, End.  We don't see the signs of his Spirit working in you.  

First I, God, will help.

As he "helped" Adam and Eve by punishing them for not understanding when they were being deceived?

Then let me send you a man like me so that you will understand.

This man who came to save us from the curses God inflicted on A & E's descendants, who weren't guilty of anything, but who must suffer anyway?  Like the starving millions?

And then finally, here is my Spirit and you do it yourselves.

But YOU don't do it, End.  And you're a believer.  You should be out there, showing us how it's done.  

And still, STILL, we have people like MM.

Yes, because Christians like you do nothing themselves.  Lead by example or stf up!

There MM, you know by some spirit or even through evolution that letting people starve is wrong...so do it yourself....and the entire population like you. If you were paying attention to the Bible, then it's love your neighbor.

We look to you, the Christian, to show us how this is done, End.  And we don't see it.  

Even if we each just use the neighbor definition loosely, that only holds us to helping people in near proximity. And if everyone did that, there would be none uncovered.

Show us the spirit of Jesus working in your life by forgiving your enemies End, not by joining in with them in the name-calling and the insults!

• Like 1

You need to study some more....

Well, I'd be happy for you to help me study the Bible, End.  For example, could you explain to this to me? 

Gen 3 : 13

13 Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”

The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

2 Corinthians 11 : 3

But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

1 Timothy 2 : 14

14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.

Please explain to me how an innocent and innately good person like Eve, with no knowledge or experience of evil, lies or deceit, can be fairly and justly condemned and cursed by the all-knowing and all-wise God - for being deceived?  

It was Adam who heard God's command and warning (see  Genesis 2 : 16 & 17) not Eve.  

She didn't even exist when God told Adam about the penalty for eating from that forbidden tree.  

But she must still take the blame for being deceived?

And all women must also suffer God's curse, because the innocent Eve was deceived?

Yes, please explain how this works.

Thanks,

BAA.

• Like 1

End3, you can ignore BAA's posts, or you can answer them. If you do answer them though, be careful to use the Bible as your proof, and not your subjective opinion.

"My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation"  James 3:1 Other translations say don't be so quick to be a teacher, because you will receive greater (greater as in harsher) judgement.

Ignoring someone who wants instruction on Scripture? Even worse. If you aren't with Jesus you are against him. That's Bible. You can't give up the fundamentals of Christianity and still call yourself a Christian, right? In fact, I would bet that the Holy Spirit acting upon you compels you to answer BAA's questions, does he not? When he was inside me, he did.  

Oh, and this too, from the verse right after that;

"For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body."

So please, no more un-deflated hard-on/Sally Struthers' orgasms/calling people morons and arrogant bitches stuff, OK? If you keep this up E3, pretty soon we're going to get the idea that you might not be a Christian at all, but instead a longer winded Ironhorse type troll, you know? Then who will want to talk to you?

• Like 1

End3, you can ignore BAA's posts, or you can answer them. If you do answer them though, be careful to use the Bible as your proof, and not your subjective opinion.

"My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation"  James 3:1 Other translations say don't be so quick to be a teacher, because you will receive greater (greater as in harsher) judgement.

Ignoring someone who wants instruction on Scripture? Even worse. If you aren't with Jesus you are against him. That's Bible. You can't give up the fundamentals of Christianity and still call yourself a Christian, right? In fact, I would bet that the Holy Spirit acting upon you compels you to answer BAA's questions, does he not? When he was inside me, he did.  

"For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body."

So please, no more un-deflated hard-on/Sally Struthers' orgasms/calling people morons and arrogant bitches stuff, OK? If you keep this up E3, pretty soon we're going to get the idea that you might not be a Christian at all, but instead a longer winded Ironhorse type troll, you know? Then who will want to talk to you?

This is really the truth. There were questions that others as well as I have asked and have never seen an answer. To me that is the whole point of all these threads. I am looking for answers. What i find is name calling, tons of questions being ignored, getting completely different answers than what was asked, answering questions with question, and all other sorts of madness.

I still would like to see a lot of the answers to the questions that BAA and others have asked. If not End, maybe another Christian would be kind enough to respond the the questions asked.

Then who will want to talk to you?

Florduh. Florduh will still talk to him. There's a strange bond there...

So please, no more un-deflated hard-on/Sally Struthers' orgasms/calling people morons and arrogant bitches stuff, OK? 

That is his way of coping.  End3, loses his temper when he doesn't have the answer for why God doesn't

make sense.  A careful reader will notice that End3 respondes like that when I propose that God is

imaginary.  He cannot deal with that idea in any other way.

This is really the truth. There were questions that others as well as I have asked and have never seen an answer. To me that is the whole point of all these threads. I am looking for answers. What i find is name calling, tons of questions being ignored, getting completely different answers than what was asked, answering questions with question, and all other sorts of madness.

I still would like to see a lot of the answers to the questions that BAA and others have asked. If not End, maybe another Christian would be kind enough to respond the the questions asked.

Most are not looking for answers. BAA even has a strategy of how to deal with me. I'm not into strategies on how to deal with people nor do I expect others to do the same for me. What I AM looking for is just decent across the table conversation. None of us have to agree....it's not that big of deal. Also, there are many questions posed here that no one can answer anyhow. For example, "why did God set up the whole Christ scenario?" How the hell would anyone know these answers, but BAA has the tendency toward listing five of these type questions and then later accusing the Christian of not answering,....not for the sake of knowledge or inquiry, but for the sake of belittling the Christian. Have seen it happen NUMEROUS times.

Then you have MM.....how do they say it down south...."bless his heart". That's about all I can say about that.

Then, people get pissed. Dude got pissed for about the last month and now has been in the decent communication mode for the last week or so. I really appreciate that and I actually ENJOY talking about the ideas. It doesn't mean that any of us have to subscribe or that we think one side or the other is wonderfully insightful, but I do like to discuss the merits.

And let me accuse myself as well. I don't always come on here with the best attitude.....so yes, I am guilty as well.

So I will try to answer if y'all please don't mind just asking in just a normal tone. If it's one of those questions that I have no clue or have not had a revelation about, then I will say I have no clue.

But I really don't need the abuse...who of us does. In other words, if you ask 47 questions with a crappy tone, I'll probably ignore the whole thing because the point in my mind is there is actually no intent on considering the other side.....it's just about damaging the other.

Then who will want to talk to you?

Florduh. Florduh will still talk to him. There's a strange bond there...

There is no strange bond. Florduh is just smart enough to develop the relationship before saying I have bullshit ideas. If we land in Heaven or end up as more dust on the ground, we still can wear our Viking helmets and drink a beer while discussing the merits.....or watching mud wrestling.

In other words, he says I get what you are trying to say, but I disagree.....which is ok.

• Super Moderator

Fuck. Our secret is out.

But I really don't need the abuse...who of us does. In other words, if you ask 47 questions with a crappy tone, I'll probably ignore the whole thing because the point in my mind is there is actually no intent on considering the other side.....it's just about damaging the other.

One side is correct, the other side is false.  The ex-Christians have considered the merits of both sides.  Ya

know, because we use to be Christians?  Furthermore, it's not abuse when Christianity comes up short.  

Don't confuse the failure of Christianity for a "crappy tone".

There is no strange bond. Florduh is just smart enough to develop the relationship before saying I have bullshit ideas. If we land in Heaven or end up as more dust on the ground, we still can wear our Viking helmets and drink a beer while discussing the merits.....or watching mud wrestling.

In other words, he says I get what you are trying to say, but I disagree.....which is ok.

You are confused.  The fact that an idea is complete bullshit doesn't reflect on you as a person.  Clarity in

demonstrating why an idea is bullshit is not an attack on you.  It isn't personal.  If you would stop talking 

it personally when Christianity fails that would be wonderful.  

• Like 1

One side is correct, the other side is false.  The ex-Christians have considered the merits of both sides.  Ya

know, because we use to be Christians?  Furthermore, it's not abuse when Christianity comes up short fails.  

Don't confuse the failure of Christianity for a "crappy tone".

You are confused.  The fact that an idea is complete bullshit doesn't reflect on you as a person.  Clarity in

demonstrating why an idea is bullshit is not an attack on you.  It isn't personal.  If you would stop talking 

it personally when Christianity fails that would be wonderful.

Not even words for you anymore MM. Just because you have "examined" both sides is no guarantee of anything.

To the latter. It is personal...people's beliefs and experiences are PER SON AL....i.e. subjective and meaningful to the point of self-identity.

I'm not sure how a grown man can get to the point your are MM. I've dealt with a lot of people over the years on this site and you are at the top of the list of woefully misinformed. I really feel sorry for you at this point...not sure there is recovery for you. But, I hope you make it, regardless.