Goodbye Jesus

God Is Good. All The Time......all The Time. God Is Good.

Guest sylensikeelyoo

All I know is if I was God, I'd create two people, stick a tree dead center in my garden, tell my people not to eat from it, then allow some snake to talk em into it. Then get mad about it. lolz 

But as someone else pointed out earlier, we are arguing points in a myth. None of this baloney actually occurred. 

• Like 1

The feminist part was a joke. Yes, I think her innate quality didn't show because she was tempted. Pretty much the consensus view across the world, yet you and MM think I'm insane.

I don't think you are insane. I think you know that you are in a big hole, and you are trying to get out of it by continuing to dig.

So then God's perfect and good creation can be dismantled with just one temptation in your view? How good and perfect could it have been then? There had to be a flaw in creation, unless as so many have said, God set the whole thing up for A&E's failure, in which case God shouldn't be blaming the creation for the way they were created.

Since we don't know God's reason for giving humanity free will, then it seems reasonable that reconciliation would be good as well.

I won't argue free will with you just now End, but I'm not sure the Bible allows for it.

We can discuss this, though; what good would free will have done for A&E, before they had any knowledge of what to choose?

need to go take care of some business/errands....will be back, thx.

The feminist part was a joke. Yes, I think her innate quality didn't show because she was tempted. Pretty much the consensus view across the world, yet you and MM think I'm insane.

I don't think you are insane. I think you know that you are in a big hole, and you are trying to get out of it by continuing to dig.

So then God's perfect and good creation can be dismantled with just one temptation in your view? How good and perfect could it have been then? There had to be a flaw in creation, unless as so many have said, God set the whole thing up for A&E's failure, in which case God shouldn't be blaming the creation for the way they were created.

Since we don't know God's reason for giving humanity free will, then it seems reasonable that reconciliation would be good as well.

I won't argue free will with you just now End, but I'm not sure the Bible allows for it.

We can discuss this, though; what good would free will have done for A&E, before they had any knowledge of what to choose?

need to go take care of some business/errands....will be back, thx.

Look fwd to it, End.

I need a small break myself to dig some of the brick wall out of my forehead. 

The way I see it is yes, they acted contrary to their innate ability.

I don't know that if I am innately inclined in some aspect that this removes my ability to choose otherwise.....but I can envision that question.

I see.

So "innate" to you appears to be a simple "tendency toward" and not something that is "hardwired" into something.  In this case this would mean that Adam and Eve had a tendency toward goodness but acted contrary to this trait.

What I mean is that if their disposition, their goodness, were a  hardwired trait, like eye-color is for instance, they could do nothing to change it.  It would simply be that way.  But it appears that is not what is being said.  That the goodness of man is less deep-rooted.  A more surface trait or feature of some sort.  Presumably likes god's of course.  Something that can be readily overcome by, not even force of will but by simple desire?

Whether or not you want to choose evil is not relevant here.  Adam and Eve had no evil choices.  They didn't exist in what I being forced to assume was a morally all-good creation.  They couldn't choose evil if they had tried.  It didn't exist anywhere.  Only the tree that contained the knowledge of good and evil existed and we can assume that it was good like everything else was.

If eating from the tree was evil then god created evil the moment he created that choice.  Eating from the tree allowed it to be unleashed.

mwc

So this God who is mysterious, whom we can never hope to make sense of some of the stuff he does, who behaves in what seems to be a bizarre way.....we're supposed to worship him? lolz

I remember as a child asking my parents lots of questions and my parents explaining something that was mysterious to me. Then again my parents 1) were real and 2) cared about me and therefore didnt want to leave me hanging....

What nice parents you had!!!  And they were real!  My parents patiently answered my questions, too, and I could hear them and see them and they hugged me!  And my mom made great cookies and my dad liked to take us all for drives in the car!  Reality is so nice.

All I know is if I was God, I'd create two people, stick a tree dead center in my garden, tell my people not to eat from it, then allow some snake to talk em into it. Then get mad about it. lolz 

But as someone else pointed out earlier, we are arguing points in a myth. None of this baloney actually occurred. 

And I like how all this shit hits the fan in the third chapter of the book!  God made the universe, the world, and everything in it, and like a week later it all went to hell!  Good plot movement there!

• Like 1

And I like how all this shit hits the fan in the third chapter of the book! God made the universe, the world, and everything in it, and like a week later it all went to hell! Good plot movement there!

You're trying to compare Genesis with a well written story instead of the real life account that it actually is.

You don't look for "good plot movements" when you read the newspaper, do you?

Guest Furball

Proverbs 16:4 - The LORD has made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Madeverb

simple past tense and past participle of make1. God participated in making people evil.

adjective

produced by makingpreparing, etc., in particular way (often used in combination): God prepared (before adam and eve were created) for them to commit this so called evil thus being the creator of evil (isaiah 45:7) 

Biblical evidence of this being true: Romans 9:21-22 -  21Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? 22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: 

According to god's murder manifesto, the bible, he wilfully uses his power to create vessels (humans) for dishonor (sin, evil, judgement, etc.)

God also WANTS to show his wrath and make his power known. 

The bible, without any blushing admits god not only creates evil, but wants everyone to know it so he can show his power. 

Free will you say?? Bible evidence you want??

Romans 9: 11-13 - 11(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works (free will), but of him that calleth;) 12It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. 13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated. 

So this God who is mysterious, whom we can never hope to make sense of some of the stuff he does, who behaves in what seems to be a bizarre way.....we're supposed to worship him? lolz

I remember as a child asking my parents lots of questions and my parents explaining something that was mysterious to me. Then again my parents 1) were real and 2) cared about me and therefore didnt want to leave me hanging....

What nice parents you had!!!  And they were real!  My parents patiently answered my questions, too, and I could hear them and see them and they hugged me!  And my mom made great cookies and my dad liked to take us all for drives in the car!  Reality is so nice.

And I like how all this shit hits the fan in the third chapter of the book!  God made the universe, the world, and everything in it, and like a week later it all went to hell!  Good plot movement there!

The plot climaxed in the third chapter but they wrote 60 more books after that. This is like the Rocky movies....enough already!! lol.

Maybe like End said, God created Jesus because nobody could really relate to God's mysterious BS.....so Adam and Eve should be blameless because they couldn't understand God's mumblings back in the Garden scene. :)

And I like how all this shit hits the fan in the third chapter of the book! God made the universe, the world, and everything in it, and like a week later it all went to hell! Good plot movement there!

You're trying to compare Genesis with a well written story instead of the real life account that it actually is.

You don't look for "good plot movements" when you read the newspaper, do you?

The bible is a 'movement' of sorts.

Guest sylensikeelyoo

THIS COMMENT HERE ^^^^^^ Sums up the whole point of my OP. This is why the bible god is an asshole. Of course the story is a myth. The bible god isn't real. But if he was, and the Holy Bible was completely accurate on describing his personality, I wouldn't want to worship a deity like that. The bible shows Yahweh to be an egocentric, emotionally unstable, insecure, prick, who I think would be unworthy of my worship. And if he wants to burn me forever and ever just for feeling that way, that solidifies my argument and proves my point entirely.

• Like 4

I concur, midniterider and sy! Thanks for this thread, guys!! It has given me so much ammo for when I will explain my deconversion to my in-laws!

Did anyone else notice: we are at 19 pages and counting! Lol! Did Mr. E3 finally give up?

FWIW, it took me until page 18 to realize why the antagonist in the OP was named "Lucy".  This is most likely why Scotland Yard rejected my resume.

Did Mr. E3 finally give up?

After he creates a mess he abandons the thread.  However this will all start up again in a couple of weeks

when he says the same kind of crap in a different thread.  It will be exactly like he learned nothing at all.

After he creates a mess he abandons the thread.  However this will all start up again in a couple of weeks

when he says the same kind of crap in a different thread.  It will be exactly like he learned nothing at all.

Because he is not here to learn. He thinks he already knows the truth. He is here to Antagonize.

• Like 2

Because he is not here to learn. He thinks he already knows the truth. He is here to Antagonize.

Well it does make for nice entertainment.

Guest Furball

It's good he leaves for a while so that our brains can settle down and get back to reality before he returns to take us down another rabbit hole of bizarre replies and astoundingly delusional thinking that leaves the reader feeling like they just smoked some bad weed. 

• Like 4

Guest Furball

No it doesn't. He is pro torture and murder of little children. We went through this in another thread. He is all for the torture, suffering, rape, starvation, and murder of innocent children and babies simply because they fly under the banner of adam and eve's "transgression." This shit is not entertaining, it's just plain sick. I am disgusted that this thing is allowed on this site. I refer to him as a thing because even evil people have admitted that the hurting/suffering of children is wrong. If even evil people draw the line at kids and end3 doesn't, what does that make him? Human? No, he is a thing. Disgusting. 

• Like 1

Guest Furball

Meet you at the beer joint for mud wrestling.

do you really believe that is something a true moral christian would say....?.....

hypocrite
[ ˈhipəˌkrit ] 

NOUN
a person who indulges in hypocrisy.
synonyms: pretender · dissembler · deceiver · liar · pietist
  • Like 1

Guest sylensikeelyoo

It's good he leaves for a while so that our brains can settle down and get back to reality before he returns to take us down another rabbit hole of bizarre replies and astoundingly delusional thinking that leaves the reader feeling like they just smoked some bad weed. 

HERE HERE! coolcat is exactly right. 100 percent agree and i would upvote like a mofo, except im out....lol a common lament among us on this thread :D

Take a breath and relax.  You guys are letting someone have power over you who totally doesn't deserve it.

mwc

• Like 2

I agree as long as he isn't hurting anyone.

It would be nice if he actually answered some of these questions honestly. Sometimes it seems like he is intentionally avoiding a real conversation that could actually be somewhat productive. The way i usually see these threads going with him is non believers bend 50 or more percent to be in the middle and he is bending 10 percent at the most. Pride and stubbornness can be a showstopper.

It would be nice if he actually answered some of these questions honestly. Sometimes it seems like Always he is intentionally avoiding a real conversation that could actually be somewhat productive. The way i usually see these threads going with him is non believers bend 50 or more percent to be in the middle and he is bending 10 percent at the most. Pride and stubbornness can be a showstopper.

I fixed that for ya.  MWC has the right idea.  End3 provides an invaluable service around here.  End3 reminds everyone why debating a fundie is pointless.  So if you try to reason with End3 that will discourage you from making the same mistake with your Christian family or co-workers - people who would have real world consequences if they go full fundie on ya.

• Like 3

It would be nice if he actually answered some of these questions honestly. Sometimes it seems like Always he is intentionally avoiding a real conversation that could actually be somewhat productive. The way i usually see these threads going with him is non believers bend 50 or more percent to be in the middle and he is bending 10 percent at the most. Pride and stubbornness can be a showstopper.

I fixed that for ya.  MWC has the right idea.  End3 provides an invaluable service around here.  End3 reminds everyone why debating a fundie is pointless.  So if you try to reason with End3 that will discourage you from making the same mistake with your Christian family or co-workers - people who would have real world consequences if they go full fundie on ya.

Thank you and good point.

End3 sits behind his computer and asks himself, "What completely absurd thing can I say (with a straight face) to drive these people crazy? Hmmmmm...."

• Like 1