Goodbye Jesus

God Is Good. All The Time......all The Time. God Is Good.

Guest sylensikeelyoo

You are the one bitching and making excuses...."I don't have an unlimited resource".....and you are happy to have no resource and simultaneously complain.

So you want me to buy the whole world dinner?  But not just any dinner.  I shouldn't take the world to McDonalds.  I should really go all out and buy 7 billion steak dinners.  Too bad I'm cheap, a complainer and I keep pretending my resources are limited.  I'm such a douchebag.  But not God.  Your God is a nice guy.

You really are a moron.

Goodbye Jesus

You are the one bitching and making excuses...."I don't have an unlimited resource".....and you are happy to have no resource and simultaneously complain.

So you want me to buy the whole world dinner?  But not just any dinner.  I shouldn't take the world to McDonalds.  I should really go all out and buy 7 billion steak dinners.  Too bad I'm cheap, a complainer and I keep pretending my resources are limited.  I'm such a douchebag.  But not God.  Your God is a nice guy.

You really are a moron.

What do you think your words mean?  Why do you complain that I can't make food appear out of thin air

or heal the sick with a touch?  Yet somehow I'm the bad guy but your no-show God who supposedly can

do all that and much more (only he doesn't want to right now) is innocent, blameless and perfect?

• Like 2

Y'all just conveniently missed the part about Jesus leaving but coming back? In the interim, God is US??????

Oh, I forgot, not y'all, you gave up and started bitching about God.

"We don't have unlimited resources...waaa"...."Stupid fake God".

How do the youngsters phrase it....headdesk.

I remember the part where the story in Genesis, with Adam and Eve, supposedly happens long before the story in the gospels, with jesus.

I remember that story says that this god put a curse on the ground so things wouldn't grow for shit so I guess that's what you mean by "We don't have unlimited resources...waaa."  I'm not sure how that's anyone giving up but accepting the hand god dealt them.

Realize it could have all gone a different way but in your version your god was fixated on giving us this "jesus" thing and therefor it had to go this way.  It had to go bad so we'd need jesus.  And jesus needed to be rejected.  And it needed to stay bad so a huge battle could take place so more bad things could happen.  This all is part of the requirements if we accept this jesus is necessary from before the beginning idea.

mwc

End3 is slowly becoming more irrational and more incomprehensible in each thread he appears.  Too bad he doesn't realize it, as he could get professional help quite easily.

• Like 2

End3 is slowly becoming more irrational and more incomprehensible in each thread he appears.  Too bad he doesn't realize it, as he could get professional help quite easily.

"Very weird, but I think Hitler was trying to remake Adam through his own means."

-End3, June 8th, 2015   Post #246 in the "God Is Good, All The Time......all The Time. God Is Good" thread.

"Very weird, but I think Hitler was trying to remake Adam through his own means."

-End3, June 8th, 2015   Post #246 in the "God Is Good, All The Time......all The Time. God Is Good" thread.

Are you too stupid to figure out what I meant from this....really?

Y'all just conveniently missed the part about Jesus leaving but coming back? In the interim, God is US??????

I remember the part where the story in Genesis, with Adam and Eve, supposedly happens long before the story in the gospels, with jesus.

I remember that story says that this god put a curse on the ground so things wouldn't grow for shit so I guess that's what you mean by "We don't have unlimited resources...waaa."  I'm not sure how that's anyone giving up but accepting the hand god dealt them.

Realize it could have all gone a different way but in your version your god was fixated on giving us this "jesus" thing and therefor it had to go this way.  It had to go bad so we'd need jesus.  And jesus needed to be rejected.  And it needed to stay bad so a huge battle could take place so more bad things could happen.  This all is part of the requirements if we accept this jesus is necessary from before the beginning idea.

mwc

Pretty sure the Bible says it was a test.

Are you too stupid to figure out what I meant from this....really?

No amount of intelligence allows other people to read your mind.  We are stuck trying to guess how

you have butchered the English language.

• Like 1

I think End has officially arrived at the "I'm out of arguments, so it's time to preach and insult others because they don't believe." stage that all Christians go through when faced with questions they cannot answer, so they resort to tapdancing around and talking in circles. 

• Like 3

Pretty sure the Bible says it was a test.

What was?

Feel free to give any answer you like.

Also remember that I'll ultimately go back to the story of Adam and Eve as it is in Genesis, since that's what we're supposedly discussing, so if you're going to take your answer from outside that story there's a good chance I'll discount or dismiss much of what you say unless you can demonstrate some reason for me not to do so.

What I'm saying is you're free to give me an answer from the xian perspective, which is the answer that includes jesus and all that, but unless you can someone show me that is the perspective that Adam and Eve should have viewed the world from day one then I'm not going to entertain that as a valid before the fact set of reasoning.  As in Adam and Eve were the setup leading to the jesus payoff.

You've tried telling me they had a nature that was like god's but apparently it was part of a test.  God had to test their nature.  Was god testing himself?   Regardless, show me how it was a test, why a test would by required, why failing a test would cause the ground to be cursed and so forth.

mwc

• Like 1

I don't know the context but I'll say that Adam here refers to "mankind," not the singular first man, so Hitler was trying remake mankind through his own means (ie. genocide, selective breeding, etc.).  So kill the mud races and keep the master race (and even improve upon it).

mwc

Jesus is only coming back if he left in the first place and he left because he'd finished putting right what Adam and Eve did wrong.

So there's no 'coming back' unless A & E did wrong.

And End still hasn't answered the questions about god's test that they flunked.

There's no point in treating the epilog of the book as a future event if the opening chapter of the book wasn't history!

I can't wait to see how End3 insults and ignores his way out of this predicament.   (/sarcasm) 

No decent retorts yet.....about to take my toys and leave if .....oh wait, I forgot MM says he doesn't have unlimited resources to help people. And the consensus is that non believers are not organized in their help efforts....but we still have the audacity to beat on God. Well isn't that special. <does the churchlady dance>

We have the audacity to beat on God because he could instantly solve problems like world hunger. What is so 'good' about this God that is supposedly good all the time? More like he's hiding all the time. Silent all the time. Not doing 'jack shit' , all the time. :)

But that's what Christians expect: nothing. They expect zero from their 'awesome' God.

• Like 3

22 pages into this thread and we are no closer to getting an answer than we were on page 1.

22 pages into this thread and we are no closer to getting an answer than we were on page 1.

Oh we never see True Believers admit that their beliefs don't add up.  That never happens.  They might

throw a temper tantrum.  They might storm off.  They might start a brand new thread as if nothing happened.

But they can't admit that there is no God because they are believers.

Oh we never see True Believers admit that their beliefs don't add up.  That never happens.  They might

throw a temper tantrum.  They might storm off.  They might start a brand new thread as if nothing happened.

One can hope right?

See if the Christian God was a truly Good God he wouldn't make his followers do all his foot work for him to prove his existence. He would take care of that for himself and save them all this grief of proof.

• Like 1

One can hope right?

See if the Christian God was a truly Good God he wouldn't make his followers do all his foot work for him to prove his existence. He would take care of that for himself and save them all this grief of proof.

If Jesus was real, he'd be in every church, talking, smiling, healing people ... going on tv, talking to world leaders. People could touch him, see him, spend time with him .... it wouldnt be the empty religion that it now is. 

• Like 1

I'm not getting mad...and it's not an empty promise.

No, it's a failed promise.

Rider, 

No historical Adam & Eve = no promise... empty, failed or otherwise.

Rev 22 : 3 ("No longer will there be any curse.")

Jesus' promise depends on Genesis being history.

• Like 1

It's very easy. Jesus leaves and says I'll be back....in the interim I am leaving you my Spirit and that YOU are my body and works etc. Yet, YET we have people like MM saying and CC posting pictures about how it's God's fault. Now if we were in the time frame of the OT when God was with man or perhaps we were in the time frame of Jesus with man, then yeah, I might say it's God's fault....BUT WE'RE NOT.

Heck, at least make your complaints consistent with the story.

End3, I have to wonder what the Holy Spirit of the Bible is to you. The way I was taught and believed, the Holy Spirit was just as much God as God the Father and God the Son. So in what you said here, God is still here on Earth actively, plus he has a body that is millions and millions strong, unless you believe differently.

I'll give you chapters and verses if you need them, but remember in the Gospel of John Jesus said that the believers would do even greater works than he did? Remember Jesus' prayer (which I assume was answered since he was talking to himself, i.e.  "Sky Me" as the BJV says it) that he prayed not only for all of the disciples but also for those who would believe through their word that the future believers would all be one as Jesus himself and the Father were one? 

Whatever happened to that? Why do poor hapless sinners get the blame for what God fails to do? You can't expect Hell bound Godless reprobates to do Gods' work, can you?

According to your scriptures, we ex-C's are toast waiting to happen. Still, if God exists and wants to use me to feed the poor hungry children of this world, I'm more than happy for him to do just that, even if he sends me to Hell anyway. Sadly, he hasn't given me the resources.

You Christians, on the other hand, have God within you, and are the very body of Christ. Is Christ paralyzed? Can the Great Physician not heal his own body enough to get his work done? Of course that isn't the case! All things are possible to him that believes, and all things are possible with God. Why then, does the Christian church blame the people of the world for the shortcomings of God?

There might be some reason why God doesn't show his power and glory to or through us poor reprobates, but don't you find it a bit strange that he also doesn't show his power and glory through his own body/church?

Why is it that the church is the embodiment of "clouds without rain"?

The church today has God not only with them, but in them. His laws aren't written on some tablets but instead are written in the very hearts and minds of its members.

The very body of Christ, indwelt and empowered by God himself and occupying until he comes back, being one with God and having his unlimited resources available to them by birthright is what the Christian church is, right?  You are a part of this body, right? Yet you talk about "reading comprehension problems", the saying of which is the last refuge of the internet scoundrel, and you call people with legitimate points that you can't answer "a moron", and you do other such things, such as ignoring BAA's very well thought out posts.

You talk about some complaints not being consistent with the story, End3? There are no complaints.  No one here is complaining by pointing out inconsistencies in the Bible story or the Christian church.  What I do see is that you don't know your Bible. The Apostle Paul might say that you are one the "beateth at the air".

King James Bible

I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air (1Corinthians 9:26)

You, End3, must get your self consistent with the Bible, not the ex-C's with their "complaints"

• Like 1

Rider, 

No historical Adam & Eve = no promise... empty, failed or otherwise.

Rev 22 : 3 ("No longer will there be any curse.")

Jesus' promise depends on Genesis being history.

Quoted not only for truth, but because I want to see End3 answer this. He's free to ignore everything that I said in the post above, if he would just answer this.

From the Bible, of course. 

Really, end? You've been talking in circles for 23 pages, haven't logically answered a single question put to you, yet you have the gall to call these people morons and accuse them of having a reading comprehension problem. Wow, the wonders never cease!

Ex-c's, forgive the change of subject. I was wondering if there is a thread in this forum where these astute (or is obtuse the word I'm looking for?) Christians weave their webs of circular reasoning around the fable (er, true story! Lol) of Noahs Ark? I scrolled through 10 pages of the Lions Den but couldn't find one. Having grown up with a veritable menagerie of livestock, I realized the implausibility of that story at a very young age. I've been reading about it on rationalwiki and other sites recently, and have discovered that the tale is far more ludicrous than I ever realized. Thanks, guys!

It's very easy. Jesus leaves and says I'll be back....in the interim I am leaving you my Spirit and that YOU are my body and works etc. Yet, YET we have people like MM saying and CC posting pictures about how it's God's fault. Now if we were in the time frame of the OT when God was with man or perhaps we were in the time frame of Jesus with man, then yeah, I might say it's God's fault....BUT WE'RE NOT.

Heck, at least make your complaints consistent with the story.

End3, I have to wonder what the Holy Spirit of the Bible is to you. The way I was taught and believed, the Holy Spirit was just as much God as God the Father and God the Son. So in what you said here, God is still here on Earth actively, plus he has a body that is millions and millions strong, unless you believe differently.

I'll give you chapters and verses if you need them, but remember in the Gospel of John Jesus said that the believers would do even greater works than he did? Remember Jesus' prayer (which I assume was answered since he was talking to himself, i.e.  "Sky Me" as the BJV says it) that he prayed not only for all of the disciples but also for those who would believe through their word that the future believers would all be one as Jesus himself and the Father were one? 

Whatever happened to that? Why do poor hapless sinners get the blame for what God fails to do? You can't expect Hell bound Godless reprobates to do Gods' work, can you?

According to your scriptures, we ex-C's are toast waiting to happen. Still, if God exists and wants to use me to feed the poor hungry children of this world, I'm more than happy for him to do just that, even if he sends me to Hell anyway. Sadly, he hasn't given me the resources.

You Christians, on the other hand, have God within you, and are the very body of Christ. Is Christ paralyzed? Can the Great Physician not heal his own body enough to get his work done? Of course that isn't the case! All things are possible to him that believes, and all things are possible with God. Why then, does the Christian church blame the people of the world for the shortcomings of God?

There might be some reason why God doesn't show his power and glory to or through us poor reprobates, but don't you find it a bit strange that he also doesn't show his power and glory through his own body/church?

Why is it that the church is the embodiment of "clouds without rain"?

The church today has God not only with them, but in them. His laws aren't written on some tablets but instead are written in the very hearts and minds of its members.

The very body of Christ, indwelt and empowered by God himself and occupying until he comes back, being one with God and having his unlimited resources available to them by birthright is what the Christian church is, right?  You are a part of this body, right? Yet you talk about "reading comprehension problems", the saying of which is the last refuge of the internet scoundrel, and you call people with legitimate points that you can't answer "a moron", and you do other such things, such as ignoring BAA's very well thought out posts.

You talk about some complaints not being consistent with the story, End3? There are no complaints.  No one here is complaining by pointing out inconsistencies in the Bible story or the Christian church.  What I do see is that you don't know your Bible. The Apostle Paul might say that you are one the "beateth at the air".

King James Bible

I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air (1Corinthians 9:26)

You, End3, must get your self consistent with the Bible, not the ex-C's with their "complaints"

Yes I consider the Holy Spirit God, but acting on us and through us rather than acting outside of us. Instead of me attempting to explain it I will give a simple example

God > physical action > result

Jesus > physical action > result

Holy Spirit > act on humanity > physical action > result

All three being God, yet the HS requires humanity.

I believe the HS works on people regardless of their belief status. Thinking that one could be confirmed in Scripture.....and can make an argument that what we all feel when we see those pictures is the HS acting on us.

So I really don't understand why y'all post these starving human pictures when we are in the last phase of God with us prior to Jesus returning.

So to summarize, I would expect God the Father and Jesus to act independently to end starvation as examples for humanity, but they were both rejected. So now I expect the HS to act on people and see whether they respond or not.

Seems rather apparent that we are all into making excuses rather than accepting the mantle.....hence the need for the Intercessor.

Seems rather apparent that we are all into making excuses . . . 

Just you.  Yep, just you.