Goodbye Jesus

God Is Good. All The Time......all The Time. God Is Good.

Guest sylensikeelyoo

Guest end3

I'm the ignorant one, am I E3? You've been here on this site for years and years. You've been reading this stuff all this time. You were probably told about this site by other Christians. I, however, have been wandering around on my own during that time. I've found this site on my own after ALREADY coming to the conclusions I have now. I found out that people are out there just like me. My point is, E3, that this all may be some big game to you, some sort of divine mission or whatever. But these thoughts I have ARE my own and they are as real to me as your bible god is to you. So DONT tell me about MY ignorance and unoriginality with all that respect of yours. You may think you are cute, but I can see right through you. You think your longevity here gives you more rights to be here than I? You think your opinions are better than mine because you frequent this site longer than me? You, my dear friend, are the ignorant one.

Found this site on my own S. I realize there are real feelings behind the responses. Not trying to make light of those, but at the same time trying to KEEP it light. You are a smart young person imo. Y'all do your thing....best wishes.

You have the option of taking responsibility for these people rather than blaming God and Christianity.

Damn dirty lies.   Neither Coolcat nor the rest of us have infinite resources nor infinite knowledge nor infinite power.   Furthermore we didn't create the world, set it up for a fall or create all of these problems.  Christianity claims that God has all those things and with that comes responsibility.

It's not a lie at all MM. You can donate money, donate time, you name it.

Ok End. Then according to your logic, i can run out and get unlimited credit, rack it up as much as i can, then you can take care of the bill for me when the time comes. Are you in?

Lol, if you were my neighbor. On a realistic note, Christians tithe. Also, God says love your neighbor. If everyone took care of their neighbor as themselves, we might not see those pictures.

Yes End.

The Christian god says love your neighbor unconditionally.

But your religion (Endianity) says different.

If you did love us unconditionally you would insult us, bear false witness against us, cuss against us, etc, etc.

So, now I can't participate because I'm new to the forum? That's cool, I'll keep my "ignorance" to myself, just sit back and keep laughing.

You are taking my use of the word ignorance and making it a bad thing. In the sense that I meant it, you are "ignorant" of my history here. That's why I typed "no disrespect". Hope this clarifies.

@all the new people:

You have to understand that End3 comes up with new meanings for all of the words in the English language.

So "ignorance" doesn't mean what the dictionary says it means.  Oh heavens, no.  The word actually means

whatever he needs it to mean right now.

@End3:

You have displayed your modus operandi right here in this thread for all to see.  It has not changed in over

eight years.  If the new people have seen one End3 word salad then they have seen them all.

• Like 1

So, now I can't participate because I'm new to the forum? That's cool, I'll keep my "ignorance" to myself, just sit back and keep laughing.

You are taking my use of the word ignorance and making it a bad thing. In the sense that I meant it, you are "ignorant" of my history here. That's why I typed "no disrespect". Hope this clarifies.

@all the new people:

You have to understand that End3 comes up with new meanings for all of the words in the English language.

So "ignorance" doesn't mean what the dictionary says it means.  Oh heavens, no.  The word actually means

@End3:

You have displayed your modus operandi right here in this thread for all to see.  It has not changed in over

eight years.  If the new people have seen one End3 word salad then they have seen them all.

QFT!

Ok, guys and gals, this conversation is easing down the drain. Get us another one going S.

That happens with virtually every thread you enter.

No, that's the nature of these discussions. Actually, I postpone the death of a thread. But since we live in a fallen world, BAM, death comes eventually.

E3, I think the point isn't the length of a thread or it's mortality. I think the point is virtually every thread you enter ends up circling the drain because you shit all the way through it.

Now, explain to me how a world that God created and called good fell because of one action by a couple that didn't know better (which was just the way God made them before He called them good).

Guest end3

Ok, guys and gals, this conversation is easing down the drain. Get us another one going S.

That happens with virtually every thread you enter.

No, that's the nature of these discussions. Actually, I postpone the death of a thread. But since we live in a fallen world, BAM, death comes eventually.

E3, I think the point isn't the length of a thread or it's mortality. I think the point is virtually every thread you enter ends up circling the drain because you shit all the way through it.

Now, explain to me how a world that God created and called good fell because of one action by a couple that didn't know better (which was just the way God made them before He called them good).

So if they had the innate quality to be good and then chose otherwise, they were acting contrary to that quality.....i.e. tempted, sinful, etc. God knowing the difference, booted them out.

In other words God and his actions result in good. We don't know the beginning from the end, YET we still have the audacity to say, "NO God, from my perspective, you are evil". Case in point, these new people describing my personality when they have no history. Kind of cased closed in my book....dude.

Guest end3

@all the new people:

@End3:

Pull the word ignorance and PLEASE tell me how I have made up my own definition. PLEASE.

So if they had the innate quality to be good and then chose otherwise, they were acting contrary to that quality.....i.e. tempted, sinful, etc. God knowing the difference, booted them out.

In other words God and his actions result in good. We don't know the beginning from the end, YET we still have the audacity to say, "NO God, from my perspective, you are evil". Case in point, these new people describing my personality when they have no history. Kind of cased closed in my book....dude.

When A&E were in the garden...before they ate from the tree, they WERE good. It wasn't an innate quality, it was what they were.

At least that's what your Bible says.

I see you've gone into martyr mode because you can't wrestle down the truth that the "new people" are telling you.  That's sad, E. 

Guest end3

When A&E were in the garden...before they ate from the tree, they WERE good. It wasn't an innate quality, it was what they were.

I see you've gone into martyr mode because you can't wrestle down the truth that the "new people" are telling you.  That's sad, E.

I'm with MWC with his post. If, and you agree, they were innately good, then obedience TO good should have followed, and it didn't.

The question becomes was obedience to God's nature a function of creation. I'm thinking it was by: Gen 1:31

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

....did "image" include obedience.

I actually liked your post.....head and shoulders above everyone. Thanks for the effort.

No.

An image is an image.  A picture or, in this case, an idol.  We are a statue that god made that looks like himself.  In the second creation story we're told that we're made out of clay and god's breath is placed into us but either way we're still an idol that god makes essentially of himself to himself.

We're told that Seth is the image of Adam but Adam makes him a bit differently.  Would that mean that Seth is the same man in all ways as Adam?  We're not told that Cain nor Abel are images of Adam.  What does that mean?  Anything?

The same word is used not only in these cases but literally to describe golden idols and the images in dreams.  It really is a duplicate image of something.  A picture or idol as best these people could come up with these things at the time.  Adam was a visual copy of god in the same sense that he took the form of god like a child would be the "spitting image" of the father.  Not identical necessarily but close.

The story goes on to tell us that Adam (and Eve) was like god but lacked immortality ( which rested in the tree of life) and the knowledge of good and evil (which was in the tree of the same name).  If there were other trees hiding other traits we're not aware of them.  So based on this information we're essentially identical in form and function to the god in genesis except for immortality which was denied to us.

mwc

Guest end3

The question becomes was obedience to God's nature a function of creation. I'm thinking it was by: Gen 1:31

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

....did "image" include obedience.

I actually liked your post.....head and shoulders above everyone. Thanks for the effort.

No.

An image is an image.  A picture or, in this case, an idol.  We are a statue that god made that looks like himself.  In the second creation story we're told that we're made out of clay and god's breath is placed into us but either way we're still an idol that god makes essentially of himself to himself.

We're told that Seth is the image of Adam but Adam makes him a bit differently.  Would that mean that Seth is the same man in all ways as Adam?  We're not told that Cain nor Abel are images of Adam.  What does that mean?  Anything?

The same word is used not only in these cases but literally to describe golden idols and the images in dreams.  It really is a duplicate image of something.  A picture or idol as best these people could come up with these things at the time.  Adam was a visual copy of god in the same sense that he took the form of god like a child would be the "spitting image" of the father.  Not identical necessarily but close.

The story goes on to tell us that Adam (and Eve) was like god but lacked immortality ( which rested in the tree of life) and the knowledge of good and evil (which was in the tree of the same name).  If there were other trees hiding other traits we're not aware of them.  So based on this information we're essentially identical in form and function to the god in genesis except for immortality which was denied to us.

mwc

Thank you.

Edit: You able to stay up here dude or you need me to explain.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ignorance

"the state or fact of being ignorant (of End3's posting history):  lack of knowledge (of End3's posting history), education (of End3's posting history),  or awareness (of End3's posting history)"

I apologize, End.  You were right.  The word "ignorance" has always refered to your posting history and nothing else.  The word wasn't even part of the English language before you started posting.

I'm with MWC with his post. If, and you agree, they were innately good, then obedience TO good should have followed, and it didn't.

Your appeal to authority might be valid here, E3. I don't know how long MWC has been here, but if it's not as long as you have been here, then his posts carry no weight, right?        smile.png       That, and I don't know which MWC post you are referring to. 

Tell me  again how God made everything just the way he wanted it and called it good, and then let the whole world fall because two people did a no-no when there was no way they could have known that the no no was a no no.  If obedience to good didn't follow in God's good creation, then maybe God's plan wasn't all that good?

Guest end3

Your appeal to authority might be valid here, E3. I don't know how long MWC has been here, but if it's not as long as you have been here, then his posts carry no weight, right?        smile.png       That, and I don't know which MWC post you are referring to. 

Tell me  again how God made everything just the way he wanted it and called it good, and then let the whole world fall because two people did a no-no when there was no way they could have known that the no no was a no no.  If obedience to good didn't follow in God's good creation, then maybe God's plan wasn't all that good?

He's objective at this point...no spin. I appreciate that. Don't know why God didn't zap humanity into robot mode.

Don't know why God didn't zap humanity into robot mode.

Because God is imaginary.

• Like 1

I don't know how long MWC has been here

10 Fucking Years next month!

mwc

• Like 1

First off, end, I did not make a description of your personality based on assumptions, but what you have said in this thread. You're right in that I do not know you, but my comment pertained directly to your previous comments. I have to say, I found it utterly audacious that you referred to sy as unoriginal and a fundamentalist, when those adjectives more aptly describe you, as per your former comments in this thread. I try very hard not to generalize, but it seems to me that you are the one making assumptions.

• Like 1

I can't seem to quote on this phone, but I noticed something amusing I have to throw in. Coolcat posts a pic of starving children in Africa, and later end speaks of people needing to help their neighbors. I gather by this that the starving African children should ask their neighbors for help! Awesome plan end!! I can honestly say with complete conviction, that is a very original idea!!!

I can't seem to quote on this phone, but I noticed something amusing I have to throw in. Coolcat posts a pic of starving children in Africa, and later end speaks of people needing to help their neighbors. I gather by this that the starving African children should ask their neighbors for help! Awesome plan end!! I can honestly say with complete conviction, that is a very original idea!!!

Please Mr. Warlord.  Stop selling drugs and building yourself a bigger empire and feed us starving people.

Yeah, that would turn out great.  What a wonderful plan God has.  Now every church in America can build

a 17 million dollar building and they don't have to help the poor because God appointed all the dictators

in the world.

Thwarted by the woefully inadequate number of upvotes again! Thanks, mymistake!

Thank you.

I have no idea what you mean.

mwc

mwc, I couldn't make sense of that line, either. I was hoping someone could decipher the END-ese for me.

Hey Duderonomy, this is for you!

Nope.  That doesn't follow.  PageofCupsNono.gif

If A & E were innately good, then that's ALL they were and they didn't and couldn't know any different or any better.  So how were they supposed to tell the DIFFERENCE between good and evil, when to them EVERYTHING is good?  Eve didn't recognize Satan as being evil, when he spoke to her, because she COULDN'T.  To her, all things, all beings and all words were innately good.  Ditto Adam.

When god tells Adam that he'll die if he eats from that tree, he is naturally disposed to trust to god because he can only see the good in anything he's told, no matter who it comes from.  He doesn't have the innate capacity to tell good from evil.  He can't differentiate between, what seems to him to be two equal things.  When Satan tells Eve that they won't die, she is naturally disposed to trust him too, because she can only see the good in anything she is told, no matter who it comes from.  She doesn't have the innate capacity to tell good from evil.  She can't differentiate between, what seems to her to be two equal things.

End3 is wrong to suppose that innate goodness automatically leads to obedience of the good.

This lack of wisdom and knowledge actually leads to a child-like innocence, which is a crippling inability to tell good from evil, by seeing everything as good.  And child-like innocence is no basis on which to decide who to trust and who to believe.  That decision requires knowledge of what you are deciding between - knowledge which child-like innocents do not have.

So, I repeat my point.

Innate goodness does not automatically lead to obedience of that which is good.

Innate goodness can also lead to obedience of that which is evil.

Because innocence cannot tell the two apart.

Thanks,

BAA.

• Like 2

Thank you.

I have no idea what you mean.

mwc

I'm not sure at all, but I got the feeling he said that to me. 

End3 is wrong to suppose that innate goodness automatically leads to obedience of the good.

This lack of wisdom and knowledge actually leads to a child-like innocence, which is a crippling inability to tell good from evil, by seeing everything as good.  And child-like innocence is no basis on which to decide who to trust and who to believe.  That decision requires knowledge of what you are deciding between - knowledge which child-like innocents do not have.

So, I repeat my point.

Innate goodness does not automatically lead to obedience of that which is good.

Innate goodness can also lead to obedience of that which is evil.

Because innocence cannot tell the two apart.

Thanks,

BAA.

Thank you BAA. Very well said!   I can't help but think that if End3 is ignorant about the truth in this, it's willful ignorance.