Goodbye Jesus

Time for a real debate!

Abiyoyo

If you find that a bit ummm, hard to swallow, you can always rinse it down with a nice tall glass of II Kings 18:27

Yes, let us put bible teaching back into the schools!

After all, they could use a good cleanin'-up, right?  :Doh:

You know, thats good. That statement really doesnt mind me as long as you can answer the original questions, and hope that the rest of the story around the "dung" was read in the right context. Since we are on that teaching thing, that crazy Bible tells us something else too!Look. They say this man Jesus WAS before a man that lived many, many years ago was even there. Thats something else, Huh.

John 8:58

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.(KJV)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Abiyoyo

• Merlinfmct87

• Fweethawt

• BigToe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish I could say the humor was a side effect of the Mighty Clue-By-Four, but I thind the credit goes to YoYo here...

Merlin

Merlin,

At what precept of time did you come to this conclusion? :Hmm:

:grin:

I know one thing. Kobe Bryant sure could have used that law in Leviticus that says that a woman has to scream while being raped or she will be convicted of adultery and stoned.

YoYo (heh)-

I think you entirely missed my point dear.

People not eating meat (or raw meat) or people bathing regularly have absolutely nothing to do with the Bible.

I suggest you go on vacation. Go visit Greece or Italy. I saw those places as I find the ruins there to be especially amazing. Go to the "public baths" and figure out what they were. And then figure out that the cultures that these ruins belonged to weren't those of Christians. That was Merlin's point.

As for not eating raw meat- many do this for HEALTH reasons. Reasons that exist completely independant of the Bible.

My point is, you're honestly making a fool of yourself. Not one thing you are saying will be taken seriously by anyone, including myself. Your "arguments" aren't going to hold up against any one person here. I suggest you not waste any more time if you think it will lead somewhere. But for entertainment sake, have at it.

WOW! Unbelievable! :eek:

You know, thats good. That statement really doesnt mind me as long as you can answer the original questions, and hope that the rest of the story around the "dung" was read in the right context. Since we are on that teaching thing, that crazy Bible tells us something else too!Look. They say this man Jesus WAS before a man that lived many, many years ago was even there. Thats something else, Huh.

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.(KJV)

So THAT's how you take credit for all the smart pagan traditions Christianity tried to destroy?

And one more thing...

Why is it Fwee can't quote scripture but you can?

Merlin,

At what precept of time did you come to this conclusion?  :Hmm:

:grin:

I don't know! All the time travel of late has me all befuddled... Things were so much easier in my tower...

Merlin

I know one thing.  Kobe Bryant sure could have used that law in Leviticus that says that a woman has to scream while being raped or she will be convicted of adultery and stoned.

That passage has always disgusted me to the utmost... beyond expression. The workaround is so easy and common...

"Scream and I kill you. Now spread..."

It was almost written for the rapist...

Yeah... I think you REALLY need some time in europe.

Funny how you ignored the quote that says that cleaning is sinful...

Merlin

First, learn forum formatting. Gutting the code like that makes it 10x harder to reply to you.

Point 1 happened about 200 BC, Islam formed at ~600 AD.

When where the Books of Moses time frame?

AFAIK, it started with point 1, the roman baths. Could easily be wrong and it was earlier though.

Same question, time frame?

Fine... been meaning to try ground beef and egg together... heard that combo is quite good.

LOL

Uhhh... prehistoric times, about the stone age.

With the assumption of evolution of coarse.

Merlin

This thread is killing me!

:lmao:

Tell me how this is killing you. If you have answers to these fair, and simple questions, then it shouldnt be too hard.

With the assumption of evolution of coarse. [/color]

Merlin

You mean to tell me evolution had to happen in order for there to be a prehistoric period? :twitch:

You know, thats good. That statement really doesnt mind me as long as you can answer the original questions, and hope that the rest of the story around the "dung" was read in the right context.

Listen... YoYo... There is no right context to read a story about eating dung. There are no grains of wisdom and knowledge gained by reading stories about eating dung.

Don't you get it?

These stories were written, and placed in a book that people claim is the word of God and called it truth. Can you not almost hear the laughter of the deceptive men who wrote this stuff if they were in a position that allowed them to hear you defending it?

Your theology was designed to make you look like a fool while at the same time tricking you into believing that there is merit to it.

Don't play the context game with me. :nono:

Since we are on that teaching thing, that crazy Bible tells us something else too!Look. They say this man Jesus WAS before a man that lived many, many years ago was even there. Thats something else, Huh.

This is nothing.

This phrase was designed to play with the imagination of an unreasoning people.

You see, they used that against you too. Most people don't realize that a lot of things that you can imagine can not be so. So, when they hear stuff like the verse that you quoted above, they go, "Whoa! That's deep! This has to be true! I'm a believer now!"

Besides, according to the story, that was Jesus saying that -- not the God of the OT.

If you are going to tell me that Jesus is God, well, there are other verses that are contrary to that claim. :shrug:

Why are you so concerned with the time frame? As far as you're concerned God always existed, so when people started bathing or not eating raw meat should be a moot point.

And I liked your response to my last post. Can you clarify what was unbelievable?

So THAT's how you take credit for all the smart pagan traditions Christianity tried to destroy?

And one more thing...

I don't know! All the time travel of late has me all befuddled... Things were so much easier in my tower...

Merlin

Post #17

QUOTE(Ezekiel 4:11-12)

Eze 4:11 Thou shalt drink also water by measure, the sixth part of an hin: from time to time shalt thou drink.

Eze 4:12 And thou shalt eat it [as] barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight.

And one more thing...

Merlin

Who says that I can't quote scripture? :vent:

Did I miss something? :shrug:

Fweetie, dear, check your PMs

I'd like to know what's so unbelievable about Big Toe's post too. :Hmm:

What is unbelievable, the fact that she's so smart, or the fact that she is a Christian that can clean your clock when it comes to your own theology? :scratch:

Besides, according to the story, that was Jesus saying that -- not the God of the OT.

If you are going to tell me that Jesus is God, well, there are other verses that are contrary to that claim.  :shrug:

Which brings me to the question.....If Jesus is god, who was he praying to in the garden, himself? And why would he say "the father is greater than I" or "Do not call me good, only my father in heaven is good."

Oh, and another thing, why did Jesus say "Ye are gods?" And don't say it was a god instead of God.

If there is one thing that I'm looking forward to with more anticipation than the members of Tribforces are waiting to be sucked up into the sky, it is the day that YoYo learns how to use the board codes. :lmao:

Listen... YoYo... There is no right context to read a story about eating dung.  There are no grains of wisdom and knowledge gained by reading stories about eating dung.

Well, I like to think that people assume that Christians just whip up a piece of "dung" pie for lunch. The moral of the story is important knowledge.

Don't you get it?

Yes

These stories were written, and placed in a book that people claim is the word of God and called it truth. Can you not almost hear the laughter of the deceptive men who wrote this stuff if they were in a position that allowed them to hear you defending it?

That would be a lot of deceptive writting about just "bathing, meat, and poop-puffs"

Your theology was designed to make you look like a fool while at the same time tricking you into believing that there is merit to it.

I dont feel like a fool, actually I dont even think I look like a fool

Don't play the context game with me. :nono:

This is nothing.

Apologies, same in return.?

This phrase was designed to play with the imagination of an unreasoning people.

You see, they used that against you too. Most people don't realize that a lot of things that you can imagine can not be so. So, when they hear stuff like the verse that you quoted above, they go, "Whoa! That's deep! This has to be true! I'm a believer now!"

Actually, the Lord used that to tell me that Jesus was the Son of God, as with the other verse that God actually says this is My Son. Besides, according to the story, that was Jesus saying that -- not the God of the OT.

If you are going to tell me that Jesus is God, well, there are other verses that are contrary to that claim. :shrug:

Are you Jewish? Kidding :grin:

I figured it was about time to have a debate in the "Debating with Christians" section!

etc...

................... :HaHa:

.......... :lmao:

:lol:

............ :lol:

:funny:

This is not a debate.

This is a two year old asking two year old questions.

Which brings me to the question.....If Jesus is god, who was he praying to in the garden, himself?  And why would he say "the father is greater than I" or "Do not call me good, only my father in heaven is good." 

Oh, and another thing, why did Jesus say "Ye are gods?" And don't say it was a god instead of God.

Jesus was the Son of God.Which means that if He was a Son, then every Son has to have a Father. Most sons usually at some point live with their Father. In that, He was the Son of God, that lived with his Father until He came to earth for His Fathers will. God(infinity)/Jesus(infinity)=Infinity. :phew:

If there is one thing that I'm looking forward to with more anticipation than the members of Tribforces are waiting to be sucked up into the sky, it is the day that YoYo learns how to use the board codes.  :lmao:

Blue is my favorite color :grin:

etc...

................... :HaHa:

.......... :lmao:

:lol:

............                                    :lol:

:funny:

This is not a debate.

This is a two year old asking two year old questions.

Feel free to tell me the precepts that all the above topics occurred, and then tell me why you still use these "biblical" processes as a non-believer.

Who says that I can't quote scripture?  :vent:

Did I miss something? :shrug:

YoYo yelled at you for quoting scripture using the context excuse, then turned around and quoted one line herself.

With the assumption of evolution of coarse.

Not really, no. But I don't assume evolution is true... I see the evidence before I trust it.

Merlin

Jesus was the Son of God.Which means that if He was a Son, then every Son has to have a Father. Most sons usually at some point live with their Father. In that, He was the Son of God, that lived with his Father until He came to earth for His Fathers will. God(infinity)/Jesus(infinity)=Infinity.  :phew:

Um, our immortal spirits or souls all presumely come from god and therefore are god's children. So doesn't that make us sons of god (infinity) as well? I, personally think that was what he was trying to teach about mankind. That is, if he existed.