Goodbye Jesus

Bless yall

HaveFaith

1 hour ago, florduh said:

You could argue how you didn't move the goalpost. Or you could not move the goalpost and just argue.

The goalpost is moving....on the earth which is on the turtle, the turtle that never rests... 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

The goalpost is moving....on the earth which is on the turtle, the turtle that never rests... 

Kids this is why you shouldn't do crack or religion. They produce similar results. :D 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

Well, actually the word does sit on the back of a turtle! Turtles are fantastic! Anyways, you can't see it unless you have faith ;)

• Haha 2

On 9/29/2020 at 7:30 PM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Dave is the Admin.  He is neither a Mod nor a Demimod; but the Creator and Source of all things. 

Fucking heretic.

I sense a schism brewing in our midst.  We must answer the underlying question:  Is Webmdave of the same substance as Mod and Admin or two separate, yet fully manifest Mod and Admin in one being?  I myself side with Ex-christian.net Catholic and label the heretics Ex-christian.net Orthodox.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Krowb said:

I sense a schism brewing in our midst.  We must answer the underlying question:  Is Webmdave of the same substance as Mod and Admin or two separate, yet fully manifest Mod and Admin in one being?  I myself side with Ex-christian.net Catholic and label the heretics Ex-christian.net Orthodox.

Webmdave is Admin. He is one and the same. Admin is his title, Webmdave is his name. Admin shares traits with mods , but is not a mod but an admin. Surely you've studied enough forum theology to understand this? TRP being one of the right hand supermods of Webmdave seeks to raise himself to the level of Admin. For thus he doth say, "You shall have no other mods before me". Of course, if one understands that Webmdave is the one true Admin, then TRP stating that there shall be no other mods before him (TRP) is in direct blasphemy against Webmdave, his Admin. 

• Like 1

I called it! Just about every time people start asking where the apologist's are, synchronicity kicks in and someone shows up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/29/2020 at 11:38 AM, HaveFaith said:

Bless all you 'ex-Christians.' Jesus is still watching over you, even if you're taking an intermission from the Lord. 

Some take intermissions. Some are way beyond any of that....

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

They certainly are not in a hurry to communicate further.

23 hours ago, Astreja said:

No, it was My dear, sweet Uncle Loki who set you up to come here.   :woohoo:

Uncle Loki? Is he a baptist?

11 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

It's not me.  I came back to argue, but no one wants to play anymore....something about goalposts blah blah...

Are the atheists moving the goalposts again? That's what happens when you rely on science. "We have some new evidence....move the goalposts again."

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, HaveFaith said:

Are the atheists moving the goalposts again? That's what happens when you rely on science. "We have some new evidence....move the goalposts again."

Oh look someone who doesn't understand science. This is going to be a great conversation. Apparently we should all still believe in the flat earth because accepting the evidence that the earth is a sphere is "moving goalposts" SMH 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Super Moderator
6 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

TRP being one of the right hand supermods of Webmdave seeks to raise himself to the level of Admin. For thus he doth say, "You shall have no other mods before me". Of course, if one understands that Webmdave is the one true Admin, then TRP stating that there shall be no other mods before him (TRP) is in direct blasphemy against Webmdave, his Admin. 

This is what happens when you read your own interpretation into the text.  TRP never stated that there shall be no Admin above him, nor did TRP seek to raise himself to the level of Admin.  You're reading this in because you're leaning on your own understanding.

• Super Moderator
4 hours ago, HaveFaith said:

Here are a few goalposts that will remain in place:

Provide testable, reproducible evidence for the existence of the christian god. 

Provide irrefutable evidence for the veracity of scripture. 

Provide reproducible evidence for the efficacy of prayer to the christian god and demonstrate that it is more effective than prayer to Allah, Buddha, or a milk jug.

We'll wait...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

TRP never stated that there shall be no Admin above him,

And I never stated that thou said that. Go back and look at what I wrote blasphemer! For thusly thou did say "you shall have no other mods before me" and thusly did thee seek to raise thyself as Admin. Thy words reveals thy true nature oh he who seeks to supplant the mighty one.

7 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

nor did TRP seek to raise himself to the level of Admin.

Ah but thine own words betrayeth thee. 

Also why are you referring to yourself in the third person?? *Gasp* Is it because you wish to become a trinity with the Admin on high?

4 hours ago, HaveFaith said:

Were the goalposts moving when you relied on science to write this message, HF?

😉

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

It's not me.  I came back to argue, but no one wants to play anymore....something about goalposts blah blah...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just so that you know the truth HF, what Edgarcito was referring to about goalposts took place here...

https://www.ex-christian.net/topic/84668-the-future-of-morality/#comments

Specifically between him and me.

If you can find any evidence that the atheist (me) shifted any goalposts, please go for it.

If you can't then the only other person involved was a Christian.

Walter.

On 9/29/2020 at 12:34 PM, florduh said:

It says your current god is Jesus. Is that Classic Jesus or Republican Jesus?

Jesus according to Christianity was a perfect man, so anything not perfect is not Jesus. 🙂

On 9/29/2020 at 5:39 PM, HaveFaith said:

Hey, my bro (or sis) in Christ.

hi, how is life?

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Is it because you wish to become a trinity with the Admin on high?

You are deceived.  There is One Dave and He is One, the Admin, the Creator and Source of all things.  In Him we live, and move, and have our being as online avatars.  A servant cannot be above his master.  Many are thawed; but few are frozen.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

8 And where these two facts exist, there shall be another fact above them, that is, there shall be another planet whose reckoning of time shall be longer still; 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Christianchat_Chat said:

Jesus according to Christianity was a perfect man, so anything not perfect is not Jesus. 🙂

Which Christianity?  The subtext of the humorous side of this thread regarding Webmdave is exactly what drove some of the largest schisms in early Christianity.  Which is raised directly in your statement:  what exactly was Jesus?  Is he of the same substance as god?  While this may appear foolish and technical to us today, those nearest to Jesus' own time felt this important enough to split the Church multiple times.  See Trinitarianism, hypostatic union, and modalism for further study.

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator
2 hours ago, Christianchat_Chat said:

Perfect? How come according to legend he didn't have a job? How come he didn't be fruitful and multiply? How come he lost his cool with the money changers?

I see the same old song is starting over again.  Which verse is this?

HF says his God is Jesus Christ, but my guess is that his faith is really in pickup trucks and fine women.  If Jesus is his God, I would think he would have said his interest was in loving God, and neighbor as self.

4 hours ago, Christianchat_Chat said:

If you read the Gnostic Gospels, and other writing the Catholics left out of the bible, I think you will find that not everyone considered Jesus  "perfect", or divine.  That was all fabricated years later.  And some believe his whole being was fabricated.   If you are reading the bible, and considering it the whole truth, that is like studying the tail of an elephant and thinking you understand the whole animal.