Goodbye Jesus

Bless yall

HaveFaith

Give chat some time.  I could be wrong, but think he is giving things some serious thought.

• Super Moderator
13 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Do I burst out laughing or just groan at the dad joke? I have no idea... I'm kinda doing both at once... it's a weird sound.

I tell dad jokes because I'm a groan man. 

I want to say that I have been reading Genesis and Exodus on my own - not really encouraged in Orthodox Christianity. In Romanian. I keep having wtf moments. No seriously, wtf is up with the OT? It just does not make real sense to me read simply. Maybe that is why they do not encourage reading it.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Myrkhoos said:

I want to say that I have been reading Genesis and Exodus on my own - not really encouraged in Orthodox Christianity. In Romanian. I keep having wtf moments.

You’re not the first. Although you are probably the first member of Ex-C to read the OT in Romanian!

IF Genesis was intended as a literal description of the origin of the world, it obviously fails.  As for the God of the OT, it’s hard to escape how different he is from the God of the New Testament.  An early Christian group, the Marcionites, believed that the wrathful Hebrew god was a separate and lower deity than the God of the NT.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcionism

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I tell dad jokes because I'm a groan man. 

:Doh:

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

20200627_080228.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The lull is bringing out our "inner child."  🐴

8 hours ago, Myrkhoos said:

It just does not make real sense to me read simply. Maybe that is why they do not encourage reading it.

That is also the conclusion I came too.

7 minutes ago, Weezer said:

The lull is bringing out our "inner child."  🐴

Oh I thought it was the senility kicking in. :D 

On 10/13/2020 at 1:29 PM, Myrkhoos said:

I want to say that I have been reading Genesis and Exodus on my own - not really encouraged in Orthodox Christianity. In Romanian. I keep having wtf moments. No seriously, wtf is up with the OT? It just does not make real sense to me read simply. Maybe that is why they do not encourage reading it.

The main reason being that the context is addressed to entirely different time and place.

Imagine finding some written letters or something 3 or 4 thousand years from now. And then trying to make sense of it from the modern world of that future time and place. 

It would be nonsense. The customs would be nonsense.

The old and new testaments are complete nonsense now. With people pretending as if they understand it, and correctly interpret the nonsense. And worshipping the nonsense. 

• Like 2

On 10/13/2020 at 9:04 PM, LogicalFallacy said:

Oh I thought it was the senility kicking in. :D 

My inner child told me to ignore the senility!🐒

On 10/9/2020 at 10:52 PM, Weezer said:

Are you saying God will not send unbelievers to Hell?

And 2 more questions.  (1) Do you believe the bible is the inerrant word of god?  (2) Which of the christian denominations do you belong to? 

we may well be in a kind of hell/purgatory/heaven right now.  the question to ask might be: how do we get out, and keep asking it, and keep searching, keep an openish mind.

1) there are many ways to i might understand that and they may all be right.  if there is a God and He is all-knowing He could know a great deal more than any human would hope to and may be working in many ways simultaneously and in everyrhing and everyone as well.  "all things work together for good unto those who love the Lord"

2) just a person, a truth seeker.  i don't claim to know, but i do have beliefs.  but each should search for himself/herself or you are just following.  follow truth, seek truth.  but not just of the mind but of the heart too.

What's the point of seeking the truth (2) about the inerrancy of the bible if there are many ways to understand and they may all be right (1) ?

:shrug:

we may well be in a kind of hell/purgatory/heaven right now.  the question to ask might be: how do we get out, and keep asking it, and keep searching, keep an openish mind.

--------------------------------------------------------

Why would you want to get out of heaven?

3 hours ago, Christianchat_Chat said:

we may well be in a kind of hell/purgatory/heaven right now.  the question to ask might be: how do we get out, 

What ever we are in right now, I am okay with, and am not looking to get out.  But it sounds like you are a lone seeker.  I hope you find what you are looking for.

5 hours ago, WalterP said:

--------------------------------------------------------

Why would you want to get out of heaven?

if life is absolutely perfect for someone and they have Zero complaints, fears, struggles, sicknesses, worries, just nothing at all ever negative or unwanted then maybe such a person would be completely in Heaven? as it were, for them at least - even though here on a very imperfect Earth where many continue sad, fearful, lost, hurting, sick, dying, confused, angry, ect.

6 hours ago, WalterP said:

What's the point of seeking the truth (2) about the inerrancy of the bible if there are many ways to understand and they may all be right (1) ?

:shrug:

i didn't say that, i said:

1) there are many ways to i might understand that and they may all be right. 

one thing it does say in the Bible (inerrant or not) is that - those who worship God must worship Him in spirit and in truth.  not in literal interpretations (which vary from person to person and may or may not be right); and not in - "you better have the right one, or you are lost (not)!".

nope, spirit and truth.  pretty simple.

it also says - beware the letter that killeth.  so beware of taking anything in the Bible in a way that kills your spirit and/or God's, drags you down, leads you away from truth (God,spirit, common sense, wisdom, ect.), away from what might really be the truth.

• Super Moderator

@Christianchat_Chat, do you honor your parents; or do you hate them?

7 hours ago, Christianchat_Chat said:

i didn't say that, i said:

1) there are many ways to i might understand that and they may all be right. 

one thing it does say in the Bible (inerrant or not) is that - those who worship God must worship Him in spirit and in truth.  not in literal interpretations (which vary from person to person and may or may not be right); and not in - "you better have the right one, or you are lost (not)!".

nope, spirit and truth.  pretty simple.

it also says - beware the letter that killeth.  so beware of taking anything in the Bible in a way that kills your spirit and/or God's, drags you down, leads you away from truth (God,spirit, common sense, wisdom, ect.), away from what might really be the truth.

Ok, Chat.

How do you understand when you are worshipping god in spirit and in truth?

Can you explain that please?

Walter.

22 hours ago, Christianchat_Chat said:

Speaking for myself, and not for others, is often healthy behavior.

You can practice this by reading this in front of mirror:

"I may well be in a kind of hell/purgatory/heaven right now."

7 hours ago, sdelsolray said:

it's ok to be yourself, speak your own words, think your own thoughts, and live with your own soul.  if you don't you might not know how to be each place you go.  you will wonder: how do i need to be for these people so that they will accept me, be kind to me, not speak bad about me, ect., ect.  you will lose yourself and become them.  you will not be true.  you will not be you.  you will be a changing thing.. drifting, drifting, lost in the shifting tides of others opinions, evaluations, ideas, beliefs, advice, putdowns and projections, expectations, innuendos, rumors, labels, and demands.

• Super Moderator

confused laura dern GIF by EditingAndLayout

16 hours ago, Christianchat_Chat said:

it's ok to be yourself, speak your own words, think your own thoughts, and live with your own soul.  if you don't you might not know how to be each place you go.  you will wonder: how do i need to be for these people so that they will accept me, be kind to me, not speak bad about me, ect., ect.  you will lose yourself and become them.  you will not be true.  you will not be you.  you will be a changing thing.. drifting, drifting, lost in the shifting tides of others opinions, evaluations, ideas, beliefs, advice, putdowns and projections, expectations, innuendos, rumors, labels, and demands.

Here's another practice session for you.  Repeat the following in front of a mirror, three times each day for three days:

it's ok to be myself, speak my own words, think my own thoughts, and live with my own soul.  if I don't I might not know how to be each place I go.  I will wonder: how do i need to be for these people so that they will accept me, be kind to me, not speak bad about me, ect., ect.  I will lose myself and become them.  I will not be true.  I will not be me.  I will be a changing thing.. drifting, drifting, lost in the shifting tides of others opinions, evaluations, ideas, beliefs, advice, putdowns and projections, expectations, innuendos, rumors, labels, and demands.

On 10/17/2020 at 1:31 PM, sdelsolray said:

It’s hell for sure... full of smug fuck lawyers...

3 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

It’s hell for sure... full of smug fuck lawyers...

You seem quite angry.  Why?

• Thanks 1