Goodbye Jesus

Suffering for the Sins of the World

TheRedneckProfessor

There really is no redeeming reason what-so-fucking-ever that God allows child sex slavery to continue. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I think anyone who would conflate free will with addiction/recovery has never experienced addiction in the full manifestation of its horror.  But that is for a different thread.  For this thread, it is enough to point out that this is a completely false/erroneous analogy and is only potentially connected to a starving child or a rape victim by a series of remote possibilities.

OH, deflect, deflect....

2 minutes ago, midniterider said:

There really is no redeeming reason what-so-fucking-ever that God allows child sex slavery to continue. 

Here we go again.  I don't want to ride on the merry go round again.  Y'all believe what you wish. 

17 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I think anyone who would conflate free will with addiction/recovery has never experienced addiction in the full manifestation of its horror.  But that is for a different thread.  For this thread, it is enough to point out that this is a completely false/erroneous analogy and is only potentially connected to a starving child or a rape victim by a series of remote possibilities.

People not feeding or clothing their children due to drugs remote?  Really?  People selling their children into prostitution remote?

• Super Moderator
16 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

People not feeding or clothing their children due to drugs remote?  Really?  People selling their children into prostitution remote?

"Indirect" might have been a better choice of word.  But, as I said, that's for a different thread.  

• Super Moderator
36 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

OH, deflect, deflect....

The important thing to remember here, though, is that god allowed that guy to get addicted in the first place, so that he would sell his daughter into sex slavery for drug money while his son starves to death; and god did it all because he loves you and wants to teach you a lesson, Ed.  Must be nice to be so special.  How does it feel to be one of god's favored elect who gets to learn at the expense of starving children?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

The important thing to remember here, though, is that god allowed that guy to get addicted in the first place, so that he would sell his daughter into sex slavery for drug money while his son starves to death; and god did it all because he loves you and wants to teach you a lesson, Ed.  Must be nice to be so special.  How does it feel to be one of god's favored elect who gets to learn at the expense of starving children?

Now that I think of it, are humans any better than God?   Of course they are, right?

But now that I think it over, is God any better than humans? They are made in his image, after all.

One more suggestion that has to do with several conversations I have seen here in the Lions Den.  This is not aimed at anyone in particular, but if the shoe fits, wear it.  Arguing with an arrogent, delusional person is beating your head on a brick wall.  You will accomplish nothng but get a headache.

And you are falling into the exact trap they want you in.  To get you angry and get you down on their level.  And some are very wise trolls who know how to skirt the limits and keep the game going.  Some are just down right delusional.  Some are a mixture of the two, and may have some sadistic (and perhaps other) traits thrown in. 

And remember a very basic rule regarding Human behavior.  When emotions are high, objectivity flys out the window, and insults often fly in.   Insulting name calling is what you do if you want to pick, or escalate a fight to satisfy your ego.  Is that the level we want to operate on here??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

Let me give another example so that you might understand how "evil could be a good thing" via free will.....which is ultimately my stance...

How about you pick the examples we've all referrred to? Explain to us how children sold into sex slavery is a good thing. Let's hear it. Or will you once again deflect and not answer the question?

Yet here you are playing games with the misunderstanding and lack of cognitive ability.  

And so the insults continue. You are very predictable. You deflect, you hurl insults,you declare yourself an authority (with no explanation as to why you should be trusted as an authority) and you are frustrated as to why anyone would not seriously consider that evil is actually a good thing. Thank the fucking lord our justice system doesn't follow the same twisted logic. The way I see it, no one is playing games here except you, trying to convince us that rape and disease and the holocaust and the great mythical flood in which virtually all of humanity was destroyed were/are all part of God's wonderful plan. The fact that you're willing to justify these atrocities because of your apparent "cognitive ability" to see how this all makes sense is disturbing, as well as a fascinating display of apathy towards human suffering, and a complete validation of my verdict on Christianity as an inhumane religion.

Even in the OT, how many were counted as righteous? 

You tell us, Ed. How many were counted as "righteous?"

Furthermore, who gives a shit what the OT says? Who gives a shit what ANY of the bible says? Tell us, why should we trust a book of fables? Because the bible says so?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Weezer said:

And remember a very basic rule regarding Human behavior.  When emotions are high, objectivity flys out the window, and insults often fly in.   Insulting name calling is what you do if you want to pick, or escalate a fight to satisfy your ego.  Is that the level we want to operate on here??

Thank you for that reminder. I know I certainly don't want to do that so please call me out if that is how I'm perceived!

On 9/9/2022 at 10:31 AM, Edgarcito said:

See, you can't keep your god damn plan consistent even with your son.  Teach him YOUR plan because you're so god damn smart.  Real INTEGRITY is picking ONE and then working through the parts you discover because you AREN'T God and understand the answer already.  Don't be so fuckin stupid.

Mmmmm my my. 

Such a Godly Example. Or would it be a God Damn good example? Of a Christian ✝️ praise the lord. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Such a Godly Example. Or would it be a God Damn good example? Of a Christian ✝️ praise the lord. 

Oh, but that doesn't matter. Its like the bumpersticker says: "Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven." So they can do whatever they want without punishment (from their god) because they believe and trust in an invisible being to forgive their every tresspass. Honestly I dont know why they even bother with trying to follow their rule book. They set up all the rules (e.g. having sex between certain consensual adults is a sin), then they try to say that drowning humanity (including all those unborn babies they so dearly love) was a good thing, then through all of history they try to force their rules on others, then finally they break the rules anyway. All those priests that raped those kids? They're forgiven by their dear old invisible dad. And PS that was all part of gods perfect plan. We just need to trust that we're going to learn something from that or that there was a special reason why little Johnny got raped for years by a Christian leader. There's not a Christian on the face of the earth who can actually explain why god allows kids to get raped and how this fits into God's plan. All they can do is speculate. But if our ungodly brains can't make sense of their belief that evil must have a purpose -  and a good purpose at that - if we can't choke down that nugget of bullshit, if we find ourselves rejecting that notion and daring to be more compassionate than the horrific god they invented for worship, well then that there is not only deserving of verbal mud-slinging, but eternal torture. All this makes perfect sense to them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Edgarcito said:
13 hours ago, midniterider said:

Here we go again.  I don't want to ride on the merry go round again.  Y'all believe what you wish. 

I can understand that. I wouldn't want to be on that merry-go-round either, having to explain over and over again how evil is a good thing and how this (child rape) fits into an omniscient and omnipotent god's plan. It must be exhausting always thinking of ways to try to justify evil as good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, freshstart said:

I can understand that. I wouldn't want to be on that merry-go-round either, having to explain over and over again how evil is a good thing and how this (child rape) fits into an omniscient and omnipotent god's plan. It must be exhausting always thinking of ways to try to justify evil as good.

Hold your horses ma’am, I’ll give you another example here in a few. Certainly I’m an ass, but not to the point of causing you this much trauma.  Thx.

19 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Hold your horses ma’am, I’ll give you another example here in a few. 

translated: I'm never going to address the child sexual slavery issue.

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Hold your horses ma’am, I’ll give you another example here in a few. Certainly I’m an ass, but not to the point of causing you this much trauma.  Thx.

No Ed. How about you tell us how child rape and child sex trafficking fits in your gods plan for good? Specifically. Child rape. From infant forward. How does that particular brand of evil that happens to untold children world wide possibly play into the greater good for humanity? And "God's plan"? 

Please. By all means. If God allows it to happen for a greater purpose. What is it? So that one of them might be inspired to fight sex trafficking? 

(Maybe your knee jerk reaction is to say. Yes that's a good example of God's greater purpose.) 

Here's the rub. The statistics I looked up said that there are over 10 million children that are being trafficked. A child is sold for sex 20-30 times per day. How much of a difference can that one individual make? Sure they may catch a group here or there but overall the sex trafficking problem has only increased in recent years. So obviously whatever God's "greater purpose" is, isn't working. 

Yet if your God is real. He has the power to soften and harden the hearts of men right? Thats what the scripture says. We usually take that as mankind. But in this specific instance I imagine most of the people running the sex trade are literally men. So God should be able to soften those hard hearts and get them to release those children and repent of their evil. No matter how you interpret it. 

Yet the problem persists and gets worse. 

One success story amongst millions of Horror stories does not equal a miracle of God. 

Here. Let's just jump to the end argument. "The end is coming!" And God will judge these men when they stand before him for their evil deeds? Right? These things are happening because it is part of what is predicted in revelations. Right? Well for one. I don't really see mention of child sex trafficking in revelations. But I do see that revelations was written about the Roman empire and Nero. 

Revelations is just another failed promise. Just like all the other failed promises. Just like Jesus's second coming. Or his promise to answer a faithful prayer. Or to heal the sick and afflicted. 

The most reasonable explanation for all this is not that evil can be good and part of God's plan. But that the God that the Bible portrays isn't real. Which has already been pointed out on this thread. 

DB

• Like 2

• Super Moderator
18 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

And God will judge these men when they stand before him for their evil deeds

Yes, and god will throw them into the same hell he threw the children into after they were raped to death without asking jesus into their hearts.  Because god is "just."

1 hour ago, freshstart said:

Over the years, I have seen several driving instruction providers show films and commercials depicting wrecks, drunk driving, distracted driving, things that could be considered evil and death-causing, as a means of allowing the young drivers an option for their future driving choices.  Yes, no one agrees that the evil portion is good, but I don't believe it makes the instructors evil. 

Quite the opposite, as I explained last night how overcoming an addiction, or this morning, the temptation to drink and drive, the post-thankfulness of not having participated in the addiction or of waking up the next morning and being glad you didn't attempt the drive, the wreck, the DWI, or a death, is such an overcoming feeling, a freedom, rather than jail and loss of freedom.

1 hour ago, midniterider said:

translated: I'm never going to address the child sexual slavery issue.

I'm not sure why this one issue seems to be the icon of evil for you M, or the rest of you.  Why does this one represent the pinnacle of injustice.

• Super Moderator
24 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Quite the opposite, as I explained last night how overcoming an addiction, or this morning, the temptation to drink and drive, the post-thankfulness of not having participated in the addiction or of waking up the next morning and being glad you didn't attempt the drive, the wreck, the DWI, or a death, is such an overcoming feeling, a freedom, rather than jail and loss of freedom.

And the 10-year-old sex slave?  Does she get to feel the thrill of overcoming evil the morning after being gang-raped?  Or does she just get stuck feeling the dread of knowing it's going to happen again tonight?  

• Super Moderator
23 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

I'm not sure why this one issue seems to be the icon of evil for you M  or the rest of you.  Why does this one represent the pinnacle of injustice.

Is this a rhetorical question?

8 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

I'm not sure why this one issue seems to be the icon of evil for you M  or the rest of you.  Why does this one represent the pinnacle of injustice.

Because it is evil that continuously occurs and god allows it. 

Where is the post thankfulness applied in this situation? 

Why do you tap dance around and avoid this scenario? Is it because you have no argument to defend god for sanctioning child rape?

3 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

And the 10-year-old sex slave?  Does she get to feel the thrill of overcoming evil the morning after being gang-raped?  Or does she just get stuck feeling the dread of knowing it's going to happen again tonight?  

Look, as you always don't know the direction I'm coming from, I don't always know yours.  I gather now you are saying children don't have the option of free will.  

We could go into all the age of accountability discussions, or the warning Jesus gives to people who would harm a child, but I don't expect it will yield any more consideration than now.  DB just called Revelation a failed promise.  The rest of you appear to share the same conclusion...

I think I would be angry if I had to make up excuses why god does evil things...and try to explain how evil is actually somehow good...so my imaginary bully won't send me to hell....when i know in my heart of hearts that my explanation is complete bs.