Goodbye Jesus

God's Critics Helped Me Out

Thumbelina

"Her negativity even extends to a mild disgust of God's current, sin-tainted heaven.

"Our sins are recorded in heaven and sin (the transgression of God's Law) did begin there, so pristine heaven was tainted so God permitted freedom of choice."  (Which is why God will create a New Heaven for his children, btw.)"

And she knows this how?

BAA, X, you guys just made me think of something...

Chalk up another clue that she's SDA.

From Ellen White's Great Controversy:

"Every man's work passes in review before God and is registered for faithfulness or unfaithfulness. Opposite each name in the books of heaven is entered with terrible exactness every wrong word, every selfish act, every unfulfilled duty, and every secret sin, with every artful dissembling. Heaven-sent warnings or reproofs neglected, wasted moments, unimproved opportunities, the influence exerted for good or for evil, with its far-reaching results, all are chronicled by the recording angel."

http://www.ellenwhite.info/books/ellen-g-white-book-great-controversy-gc-28.htm

She seems to have developed a harder edge during her last absence.

What do you mean, Par? As a Christian we are supposed to self evaluate so feedback from you is welcomed.

You're a bit more preachy and a lot less fun. I realize it's a hostile audience but hey, you picked us.

Your chances of winning over any of us is nil, so why not enjoy some real conversation with the natives.

And send Florduh those pictures.

Aha!!! I knew it! You want me to continue speaking your atheistic lingo-smartaleckanese. I don't think I was preachy, I didn't even polish up my soapbox wink.png, I still didn't.

I knew you, Florduh & some others are sort of masochistic but I don't want to bash you. I see you all as peeps http://www.bing.com/images/results.aspx?q=peeps&form=MSNH14&pc=Z129&refig=84190b85d71a48d581a9902903e4397a Y'all are peeps in lions' clothing. God knows that & Satan knows that & Satan wants to eat y'all up! sad.png That'll be awful!

Whether people accept the gospel or not it still has to be preached. You never know, during the latter rain some of you lions may decide you don't want oblivion after all.

Looky here, Par, just because I find you lions interesting & funny (sometimes) & likeable does not mean I'm gonna compromise my principles, OK?

... And she better repent of her sanctimonious vengefullness, because god hates people like the Pharisees.  Or, she could scrap the whole religious thing and learn what freedom actually means.

It's the sanctimony that bothers me most. I hate that this arrogant school marm comes here to tell us how right she is and how stupid we are all. All she does is upset people here, and I don't think she should be allowed to post at all. We don't need or want her here.

• Like 1

Guest Marty

Whether people accept the gospel or not it still has to be preached. You never know, during the latter rain some of you lions may decide you don't want oblivion after all.

The odds of that happening are just as good as you converting to the Roman Pantheon christianity replaced because you decided it was the true religion after all.

Thumperina, perhaps you could clear up an argument we've been having in your absence.  None of our resident apologists seem to be able to provide a suitable answer.  However, someone like you, god's beloved child and the chosen servant of the most high, should be able to speak to us from the very mind of god concerning the issue at hand.  The trouble we've been having concerns slavery in the bible.  Not only does your god allow it, he actually makes laws that justify it.  Now, of course, slavery is a detestable idea to us godless heathens; but you christians seem to be perfectly okay with it, even reveling in your justification of it.  Tell us, please, Thumperina, why did your blood-thirsty, genocidal, god command that slaves be taken?  And, if you would be so kind, explain how such a commandment was justifiable.  Again, I am absolutely positive that we will get an answer from you that will satisfy our curiosity, given that you are god's beloved and all.

^ no answer to RNP's post but just spewing fluff and nonsense.  And here I thought this SDA can bring it, apparently not. 

Looky here, Par, just because I find you lions interesting & funny (sometimes) & likeable does not mean I'm gonna compromise my principles, OK?

The main principle of Christianity is obsessive compulsive disorder. This is why someone would want to preach to people who don't want to listen to preaching.

• Super Moderator

Whether people accept the gospel or not it still has to be preached.

Well, you've done your bit; you should move on now.

You never know, during the latter rain some of you lions may decide you don't want oblivion after all.

Nobody chooses oblivion.  Nobody.  It is the nature of living things to eventually die and go back to being inanimate objects.  That isn't spiritual or moral.  It's simply a limitation to life.  Most life has not found a way to sustain itself very long.  With advanced medical technology humans can endure a bit longer than a century.  Beyond that and the end is inevitable.  Living in denial will not change these facts.

• Super Moderator
I knew you, Florduh & some others are sort of masochistic but I don't want to bash you.

I'm certainly not masochistic. I'm here to insure the lions and others remain entertained. There is nothing you can say that most of us haven't already heard or even said ourselves.

I recommend that you be more forthcoming and answer some longstanding questions, however. For example, the SDA assumption we make from your content. Are we right? If you have not learned your beliefs from SDA and are not a member, perhaps you might consider joining them; it's a perfect for you. Why do you hesitate to identify the sect you most identify with? Another thing, you certainly don't have to agree with anyone around here, but you really need to understand us a bit better. Quoting verses is an inappropriate way to express your thoughts and arguments here as we assign no legitimacy to the Bible for several good reasons.

Still wanna play?

Florduh, can we call for a thread re-lock unless she answers those questions? 

• Super Moderator

Threads are automatically locked after 30 days of inactivity. They may also be locked for cause. 

I won't use my awesome powers to make a threat. If she doesn't have any satisfactory answers I would simply stop interacting with her. If she posts and others respond, I see no problem. Hell, we get less content in the feminism and other political threads!

Nor I mine. Feel free to fuck off now.

• Like 2

The OT threads have even less content?  

Just one word... how...?  Wendytwitch.gif

Anyways, true enough, I'm just going to keep calling Thumby Ellen.

I knew you, Florduh & some others are sort of masochistic but I don't want to bash you.

I'm certainly not masochistic. I'm here to insure the lions and others remain entertained. There is nothing you can say that most of us haven't already heard or even said ourselves.

I recommend that you be more forthcoming and answer some longstanding questions, however. For example, the SDA assumption we make from your content. Are we right? If you have not learned your beliefs from SDA and are not a member, perhaps you might consider joining them; it's a perfect for you. Why do you hesitate to identify the sect you most identify with? Another thing, you certainly don't have to agree with anyone around here, but you really need to understand us a bit better. Quoting verses is an inappropriate way to express your thoughts and arguments here as we assign no legitimacy to the Bible for several good reasons.

Still wanna play?

I thought/think you were/are semi masochistic in my interactions with you. Anywhere I post I get militant atheist trolls stalking me, many times it's the SAME person using several handles. I believe it happens here. One of them even set me up in the past but I caught on & because of my consistency the non militant ex Christians around here spotted it too, or at least they realized it wasn't me. I get a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation here all the time! When I simply chit chat, they don't like it. When I preach they don't like it but there are some who can actually dialog & are tolerant. If I were an ex Christian who wants to hear nothing about Christianity I would just put the Christian on ignore.

Nor I mine. Feel free to fuck off now.

Meh, your masochistic self is trying to get me to bash you but but I like you.

The least I can do is get some virtual feathers & tickle your nose & you can then have a sneeze fest. How 'bout that?

• Super Moderator

Hell, if I closed every thread that was devoid of content, we'd have nothing to talk about! I mean, the feminist/political threads are 90% "You're a ____" followed by "No I'm not. You are."

Threads are automatically locked after 30 days of inactivity. They may also be locked for cause. 

I won't use my awesome powers to make a threat. If she doesn't have any satisfactory answers I would simply stop interacting with her. If she posts and others respond, I see no problem. Hell, we get less content in the feminism and other political threads!

You reopened this thread before I prepared what I wanted to say, man.

Hell, if I closed every thread that was devoid of content, we'd have nothing to talk about! I mean, the feminist/political threads are 90% "You're a ____" followed by "No I'm not. You are."

I'm against religions that do not believe in freedom of speech. I thought atheists were all about freedom of speech?

I'm against religions that do not believe in freedom of speech. I thought atheists were all about freedom of speech?

Freedom of speech yeah, being dodgy about questions?  Hmmmm

• Super Moderator

You reopened this thread before I prepared what I wanted to say, man. 

No preparation needed. 

SDA or not?

What I can't get is why is Thumby afraid to answer this question.  Does she think she will go to hell if she denies SDA?  Does she identify mostly with SDA but disagree on a major point?  Is she afraid that telling us will result in some kind of penalty?  If it turns out she is non-denominational that leans towards SDA I can't imagine why she avoids saying so.  And if she is SDA why not admit that?

I guess she's too afraid to confess her true beliefs.  Her jesus said something about the failure to confess one's true beliefs...

What I can't get is why is Thumby afraid to answer this question.  Does she think she will go to hell if she denies SDA?  Does she identify mostly with SDA but disagree on a major point?  Is she afraid that telling us will result in some kind of penalty?  If it turns out she is non-denominational that leans towards SDA I can't imagine why she avoids saying so.  And if she is SDA why not admit that?

Exactly, if she's not SDA, what's the harm in that?  She could just say she's another non-denominational christian like IH.  I think End3's CoC and he wasn't afraid to admit it.

• Super Moderator

Thumperina, perhaps you could clear up an argument we've been having in your absence.  None of our resident apologists seem to be able to provide a suitable answer.  However, someone like you, god's beloved child and the chosen servant of the most high, should be able to speak to us from the very mind of god concerning the issue at hand.  The trouble we've been having concerns slavery in the bible.  Not only does your god allow it, he actually makes laws that justify it.  Now, of course, slavery is a detestable idea to us godless heathens; but you christians seem to be perfectly okay with it, even reveling in your justification of it.  Tell us, please, Thumperina, why did your blood-thirsty, genocidal, god command that slaves be taken?  And, if you would be so kind, explain how such a commandment was justifiable.  Again, I am absolutely positive that we will get an answer from you that will satisfy our curiosity, given that you are god's beloved and all.

Still no thoughts on the slavery issue, Thumperina?  Damn!  I was sure the lord would speak through his chosen servant. 

• Super Moderator

Thumby, stop stalling while looking up verses. Just address, with your own brain, some of the questions you've been asked over your long history here. Can you not form and express an opinion or answer a simple yes/no question?