Goodbye Jesus

Five Questions That Christians Can't Answer

euphgeek

Already done. Before I became a Christian ten years ago. Stepping back, looking at the world around me. Looking at the root of what many religions taught. This is what led me to call out to God asking him to reveal to me what the truth was.

:scratch: "Truth" aye Burke?... For someone who takes pride on Truth it doesn't seem to me that you're being very honest. When questioned about contradictions you fumble for excuses more so then addressing them. You have sidestepped just about every question presented to you, reason is you have no idea what the Truth is.

My version is your faith is built on Buybull Bullshit,a snip of a few verses here and there, all of them conveniently supporting your chosen belief. Anything in the buybull that disagrees with your chosen faith and you have some magic reason why it shouldn't apply. 1) It no longer applies, God changes 2) It's a misinterpretation 3) Something's aren't ment to be taken literal 4) Satan is changing what gawds word says to confuse us. All reasons for certain verses not being applied to you or to mankind of course will always support you and your way. How nice your gawd fits in his perfect little box. You collect all the verses that support your belief and disregard the others, almost as if they don't exist. It's called cherry picking. Gawd doesn't talk to people, just as Santa doesn't. If you "felt" led to commit your mind to a dogma it was by your own needs, not the needs of some gawd.

Wrong again. I question everyday. Even the Bible. I've been to plenty of churches where not everything said was true. I've met plenty of proclaimed atheists that said thing that were true. In fact we are told to question all that we hear.

Burke, You say this and then earlier in your statements you accuse us of not having honestly seeking hearts. You're a hypocrite... I guess we're only considered "honest" to you if we reach the same conclusion. BTW most members here could beat you at any buybull story, one doesn't need to be a scholar to read what's in front of them. One only needs to know how to read and have reading comprehension.

Shit hot observations there Jap, my dove!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• Ouroboros

• Antlerman

• Jun

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can people PM me their unanswered questions from this thread, please?

Then I'll collate them and we just keep posting the questions until Mad Matt, gets his imaginary friend to answer them... I think we can all see that conversation is futile...

I wonder if his bosses know he's using work bandwidth to Prosletyse? :wicked:

Can people PM me their unanswered questions from this thread, please?

Then I'll collate them and we just keep posting the questions until Mad Matt, gets his imaginary friend to answer them... I think we can all see that conversation is futile...

I wonder if his bosses know he's using work bandwidth to Prosletyse? :wicked:

He won't answer them because he CAN'T. Christianity can't stand up to logical questioning, it all falls apart without the fairytale glue.

I have some simple yes and no questions for Matthew though.

Matthew, do you believe that any of the following actually exist:

1. Talking snakes.

2. Angels. (seraphim, cherubim)

3. Leviathan.

4. Dragons and sea dragons.

5. Unicorns.

6. Giants.

7. People with six fingers on each hand.

8. Satyrs.

9. Cockatrice.

10. Talking donkeys.

11. Fire breathing horses.

12. Four headed winged leopards.

13. Flying women with stork wings.

If the list is the ONLY interaction he gets, then he either answers or pisses orft! HE came to convert, then he should have answers to the questions, if he doesn't then he's a mountebank and a charlatan, and needs to learn that. After 10 years he should have MORE idea than he does...

So, I repeat my appeal, PM me the questions you spot that were unanswered and I'll post the redux on Monday... :)

Then we just keep asking the questions until he answers them directly... Just repeat the post with the answered questions crossed out... We engage in too much conversation and not enough focus on the issue. someone piles in claiming to have the answers, we deserve ANSWERS!

So are you a Calvinist or Armenian? you seem to have a masterful way of avoiding direct questions....

I wouldn't call it masterful. It was glaringly obvious, like watching a little kid trying to hide a huge toy of his brother's behind his back and saying, "I don't know where it is."

Nevertheless, it is a question he will need to answer if he hopes to be a True Witness™ for Jesus. He is commanded by his God to answer our questions. This is not optional for him. His salvation depends on it.

"But dedicate your lives to Christ as Lord.
Always be ready to defend your confidence in God when anyone asks you to explain it.
However, make your defense with gentleness and respect."
1Peter 3:15

Compilie those lists. I expect a different attitude going foward.

Edit: I think we should cut and paste that verse at the header of each post we make where we ask him a question, just as a reminder of his obligation as a good steward of the Lord.

Beat on the brat,

Beat on the brat,

Beat on the brat

with a baseball bat.

Oh yeah!

Oh yeah!

Oh yeah!

I'm on while at work also. While he uses company time to proselytize, I use it to refute. My superiors know, though, and simply turn a blind eye to it. I guess they figure I need my daily dose of skepticism in order to stay on an even keel (this place is Fundie paradise).

Jun, I couldn't see it, but I think you forgot one thing:

The Bible doesn't explain how there can be a day and a night, considering the sun always shines on the planet, and there will be day, and night, always somewhere on the planet. The explanations could be that God turned the sun (and the moon) on and off like lightbulbs, or maybe the planet was flat and the sun was rotating the flat Earth.

Since you ignored me the first time I'll ask again...who wrote the gospels? do you know?

Well, there are at least 12 people challenging MB right now, and around 32 questions posed to him on just the 21st page alone. You guys are swarming him :P: then expect him to try to provide a response to each, and then badger him when he doesn't. :twitch:

Matthew, you're not in Kansas anymore. Look into the biblical errors that these people are listing (just make sure you get both perspectives on it).

Well, there are at least 12 people challenging MB right now, and around 32 questions posed to him on just the 21st page alone. You guys are swarming him :P: then expect him to try to provide a response to each, and then badger him when he doesn't. :twitch:

I think this is a fair assessment Kirangel. But hell, this is the Lion's Den. :shrug:

I think this is a fair assessment Kirangel. But hell, this is the Lion's Den. :shrug:

I say he should limit stupid comments to only one at a time, so he doesn't have so many challenges he can't handle. Which parrotted comment should we go after first? I nominate the "you were never a Christian" comment. Seconds? Other nominations?

I say he should limit stupid comments to only one at a time, so he doesn't have so many challenges he can't handle. Which parrotted comment should we go after first? I nominate the "you were never a Christian" comment. Seconds? Other nominations?

Yeah, I have to agree with you Antlerman. I didn't realize that he pulled the ole "you were never Christians" thing. I used to used to sincerely believe that Jesus was the Way, the Truth, and the Life. So how was I not a Christian?

So how was I not a Christian?

Did you hear voices? No? Well, then... you either weren't a Christian or you were a sociopath. Everyone hears the voice of the precious baby Jesus, donchaknow?

Did you hear voices? No? Well, then... you either weren't a Christian or you were a sociopath. Everyone hears the voice of the precious baby Jesus, donchaknow?

:scratch: Hmmm. It's all starting to make sense to me now. Maybe if I had heard the voices then I would have remained a Christian. :shrug:

Yeah, I have to agree with you Antlerman. I didn't realize that he pulled the ole "you were never Christians" thing. I used to used to sincerely believe that Jesus was the Way, the Truth, and the Life. So how was I not a Christian?

Because according to John Calvin's theology, if you are a real Christian you will either remain a Christian or return to Christ. To explain those who leave Christianity for good in order to prop up the logic of the theology, you have to deny their experience was "true" salvation. You have to essentially say they were never "real" Christians. This is easy enough to do, if you don't actually talk to the humans who left Christianity. Once you can see they are quite sincere, and that their experience was identical to yours, then you have a real problem on your hands. Theory versus Reality.

The simplest way to deal with this dilemma however for the Christian faced with Christians who de-convert, is to realize that John Calvin was reading scripture his way and came up with this whole "once saved always saved" predestination of the elect before the foundation of the world theology. Other theologians don't agree with Calvin - you know John Calvin, the one who petitioned the court to burn his opponent Michael Servetus alive at the stake with green wood so he would die a far more excrusiatingly painful death at that stake then merely burning him with dry wood? Yes! that John Calvin who that Baptists embrace his Election theology. This is his reading of the Bible that most Christians don't accept.

Well enough of that. It speaks for itself. Let's see what our apologist has to say to this.

:scratch: Hmmm. It's all starting to make sense to me now. Maybe if I had heard the voices then I would have remained a Christian. :shrug:

NOW I GET IT!!!! I know why so many ex-Christians seem disgruntled.

You're jealous because their voices don't talk to you too :P

If one comes in here, not knowing the bible, expecting to us to see ones innate wisdom and one gets handed ones arse. It's obviously going to be a cluster fuck, since we've all been worked on by family, friends and clergy. We've been cajoled, threatened and blackmailed... it's not worked since we're all here, huddled against the darkness of medieval superstition.

Where's Kevin when we need some straight talking?

NOW I GET IT!!!! I know why so many ex-Christians seem disgruntled.

You're jealous because their voices don't talk to you too :P

I hear the voices... I just ignore the ones that whisper 'kill and kill again...'

There may be 32 questions.....12 people challenging him..... hell, it could be 462 questions and 76 people challenging him....the main point is that he has failed to directly address ONE.

JUST ONE.

So are you a Calvinist or Armenian? you seem to have a masterful way of avoiding direct questions....

I wouldn't call it masterful. It was glaringly obvious, like watching a little kid trying to hide a huge toy of his brother's behind his back and saying, "I don't know where it is."

Irony, dear - I-RON-EEE ;)

There may be 32 questions.....12 people challenging him..... hell, it could be 462 questions and 76 people challenging him....the main point is that he has failed to directly address ONE.

JUST ONE.

Valid point.

has anyone noticed that Shitfer has gone quiet?

JUST ONE.

Valid point.

has anyone noticed that Shitfer has gone quiet?

Maybe he's praying for the words that are escaping him? :scratch: It's awfully quite in here. Hello? Hello?

Chalk up another one gone down in flames.

Well whaddaya know, he didn't come back to answer our questions and save us from eternal damnation. :scratch:

Now he'll just block out all of our questions and points we raised and carry on blind in his faith for the fictonal teachings of hiperchristianity.

And let me school you on somethingl, God can most definitely be brutal. Take a look at nature. Have you ever seen a video of some animal ripping another animal apart? Well, God made them that way. And why did he do that? God did that to demonstrate to us the the evil and brutality of sin and that we bring these things on ourselves. We live in a fallen world.

Here's another thing, just because God allows something, doesn't mean that it is the best that God intended for us. The Israelites wanted a king, and God said no. They begged God, and finally God said, ok, since you keep asking me for a thing that I've told you is not my will for you, I will give it too you. The Israelites definitely got burned in that deal. I could go into detail about the thinks the kings of Israel did to them, but that is beyond the scope of this writing.

God clearly doesn't want people to be slaves. Any time God allowed the Israelites to take slaves was as a punishment for those people. God uses the evils of humanity as punishment. It does not mean that God condones slavery. This goes back to the commandment to not kill. This does not mean that God or the government can't tell you to kill someone. It simply means that you can not take it upon yourself to kill someone.