Goodbye Jesus

Sunday Morning Heathen Coffee Klatsch

Kelli

It's Sunday already?! Weekends are just too short.

Nothing outstanding today. Probably will practice piano for a while. Wife and I plan to go to a Spiritualist (psychic) church tonight to see what that is like.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Astreja

• trashy

• Kelli

• Amethyst

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It has been three months and one day since my backyard has been covered in a blanket of snow. I have a panoramic view of the yard from where I sit right now and for the first time since December 20th I can see a patch of yard! Of course it is right over the septic tank :grin: , but it is still a harbinger of Spring! Melt Baby, Melt!!

It has been three months and one day since my backyard has been covered in a blanket of snow. I have a panoramic view of the yard from where I sit right now and for the first time since December 20th I can see a patch of yard! Of course it is right over the septic tank :grin: , but it is still a harbinger of Spring! Melt Baby, Melt!!

That's a long time for a Californicator to stare at snow! Are you adjusted after all these years or do you miss the warmth?

80F here in hell today!

That's a long time for a Californicator to stare at snow! Are you adjusted after all these years or do you miss the warmth?

80F here in hell today!

Welcome back TF, it is nice to hear from you again. If you had asked me last spring I would have told you that have acclimated to my new snowy world of New Hampshire (after living in CA for 41 years) and that I have learned to appreciate all the four seasons. But to be completely honest, I seemed to have lost that ability. I hope it is temporary because this is home now and moving would be difficult. I think the reason this winter was so hard for me is that last winter was the 2nd snowiest on record, and last summer was cool and wet, and then followed by another very bad winter. I just want some heat!!! :fdevil:

The sun is shining brightly into my 10th floor apartment in Valladolid, Spain, illuminating tedious desk-work and contrasting with the dark sounds of Lord Belial's Nocturnal Beast. Tomorrow I give a presentation on religion, wish me luck.

I think I'm going for a local record on how many viruses one can catch in 3 months. Overall I'm feeling better, cough is almost gone, but now I have a viral rash that bloomed all over me, except in certain areas (thank the non-existent deity...)

Doc says it should disappear in a week or so, longer than the few days he originally said.

Had a lovely breakfast (chipotle bacon filled omelet with avocado, sour cream, and salsa; hashbrowns, buttermilk biscuit with lots of butter and strawberry jam.... *sigh*)

May watch a few movies before crashing and sleeping.

• Super Moderator

It began as the usual Sunday - breakfast alfresco with the best people in the world (notice the best people are not in church on Sunday mornings). This routine never gets boring. Today, I did have to bring a special chair and Princess Cushion for a certain lady with a walker. I won't mention any names.

Followed that with a visit to my sister's new apartment on the waterfront, then home to clean out the shower drain. On to eating a toasted bagel and watching crap on television.

It began as the usual Sunday - breakfast alfresco with the best people in the world (notice the best people are not in church on Sunday mornings). This routine never gets boring. Today, I did have to bring a special chair and Princess Cushion for a certain lady with a walker. I won't mention any names.

How odd!!! My Sunday morning started exactly the same way!!! Except in my case, a very dear friend had to bring a special chair and a Princess Cushion for me to use. (It's appalling when you cannot possibly sit at the picnic tables at your favorite outdoor dining establishment.) This Sunday I did not check the time once. I do not miss the days of racing out of breakfast early to get to church late! Hooray!!!

After breakfast, I came home and puttered and played on Ex-C. It's fun being home, but there are certain elements of rehab that I really miss.

Got up at 10am, messed with the computer, went and had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. Mellow day. Feelin' sleepy, but gotta start doing the taxes.

Usual start for me: Get up noonish, have breakfast, go to karate class. I'm still suffering from twinges of the Mesopotamian Death Flu, or whatever this nasty pneumonia-ish bug is, so I didn't stay for the senior class.

From there, we headed off to Tim Horton's to scarf down some baked goods, slurp some coffee, and read the paper.

Upon arriving home, it turned into Weird Sewing Day. I spent about four hours puttering around with a stitch ripper and a sewing machine. First I modified the top part of my karategi, lengthening the side slits and moving the tie-strings up a few inches, so that the jacket will fit better over my hips and tie more closely at the waist. Then I viciously attacked my heavy winter jacket, removing a completely shredded side pocket liner and sewing a new one in place. Bottom line: I no longer have to search inside the coat to find my mittens. :P

And now I'm trying to wind down and get to bed at a reasonable hour. 6:45 a.m. cometh all too soon...

Well, it's not Sunday yet, but I plan on doing laundry, amongst other things. Tomorrow is Palm Sunday and I should have the washing machines free. Yay!

This Sunday in Vancouver, Washington, the sun came out to play. It's been a long winter and the sunshine was most welcome. Sat in it for about an hour and had a glass of That ice tea. Ahhhh. The sunshine is supposed to hang around through tomorrow when I spend most of the day in a dark computer room. At least I get a lunch hour outside.

Yesterday and today I was fighting another virus (in me not the computer), but seem to have shaken this one off now. Feeling much better.

Grilled some burgers over charcoal and baked a banana bread.

Played Atomic Tanks for an hour. Boom! (Linux game)

I start my workouts again tomorrow. Yea! W00t! Gotta look good this summer.

I am going to a family dinner today and bringing my yarn so I can crochet.

This morning I got up, took a shower, and made eggs, hash browns and a cup of black tea. It's nice to not have to rush around to get all dressed up.

I got $50 for Easter :D yay money! I sure needed some...

Oh, and I'm not planning on doing much of anthing today. Supposed to be cold too... like 55F, which is chilly for April around here.

Right now I'm watching Remember the Titans for the 8000th time.

Had a lovely brunch with my wife at a local Hawaiian bistro - challah/Macadamia french toast and mango syrup, mimiosas, kahlua pork egg scrambles. Live music with clarinet and stand-up bass. Really cute waitress...

Going to a spiritualist church tonight. Wife joked that we'll be talking to dead people on a resurrection day. Never been to one of these, could be interesting.

Had family dinner today. Practiced crochet and am over halfway done with my first washcloth.

Maybe I'm old school, I usually just nurse a hangover on sundays... It makes monday seem not so bad :)

LOL, Mat. That's what Mr. Gypsy and I do most Sundays. Teehee.

Went to a psychic fair this last weekend. Some was interesting, a lot was foo-foo.Lots of cutie new-agers. Some of them have a fixation on triangles, pyramids, and crystals. A tiny bit a quartz at the fair runs for about $50. I listened to several talks on developing psychic ability, past lives, palmistry, talking to spirit guides, and such. I had a palm reading which was very hit and miss in the interpretation; a tarot reading which was damn accurate; and talked with a psychic who seemed a lot less foo-foo than anybody else at the fair. All in all a fun weekend. One guy was a jerk to my wife, wanting money to interpret something she saw in a meditation session. Classic turd that thinks a lot of himself and what he learned at the "Rocky Mountain Mystery School". He reminded me of some of the more foofy charismatic believers I encountered who would grab air and toss it and move their hands around like they are controlling power. He claims to regularly talk with archangels, leprechauns, fairies, ascended masters, and other such invisible folk.

• 2 weeks later...

sippin' coffee, surfing the web, getting ready to start the next couple of batches of wine: a cheap blueberry shiraz which we'll beef up to a higher alcohol content, and a gran barolo kit, 23L of juice goodness!

Surfing the web, maybe hanging out with my friend, getting some coffee and taking care of my veggie garden.

Play some video games and study, love not going to church. :grin:

Taking a couple hits off the pipe and playing Dead Space. Oooooo! Creepy, creepy, creepy!! But that's okay, I have a sweet little plasma cutter. "BAM!! Take that, you nasty undead mutant space zombies!" (I also have a sweet little flame thrower, a sweet little line gun, a sweet little pulse rifle, a sweet little force gun, a sweet little contact beam gun, and a sweet little ripper.) I'll be happily blowing off heads and limbs all day, as unto the Lord.

Went to the bookstore, cleaned out my closet, and did some laundry and ironing. It was a very productive day.

Got the cats some new food, bought some stuff, had a lovely brunch at the Hawaiian place with my wife, no cutie waitress today, nice mellow day. Last bit of sun before the storms come through. Yesterday it was sunny in the morning, gusty winds came in with rain and snow, then sunny again. The wind killed a guy in Portland (tree fell onto highway). Another guy barely got missed by an oak tree hitting his home. The storm only lasted about 10-15 minutes. I guess you rarely know when it will be your time.