Goodbye Jesus

Sunday Morning Heathen Coffee Klatsch

Kelli

Glory! This is my very first Sunday Morning Heathen Coffee Klatch posting!!!! I have been soooooooo jealous! I had breakfast outside at my favorite hangout with the best group of friends a girl could ever have. It’s a beautiful day and it was a glorious experience! I did not look at my watch one time to see if I was going to be late for church. Praise Jeebus!!!!

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Astreja

• trashy

• Kelli

• Amethyst

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Super Moderator
Praise Jeebus!!!!

I think I saw him on my toast. He was wearing that robe he usually wears.

I think I saw him on my toast. He was wearing that robe he usually wears.

Did you eat it? Or will you sell it on e-bay?

:lmao:

Got up early to make breakfast for my wife, because she's going to work. Went back to sleep until 9, and now I'm going to continue working on my Electronics Technician certification today. Up to module 20, still maintaining a 90% average. I might do some laundry and dishes today as well. I continue to find that Sunday tends to be our most productive day of the week.

Quick note DQ, I'm a retired Electronics Eng. If you have any questions just PM me. Net Eng covers the digital side. Lots of geek help available for the asking. :P

Thanks, I'll keep you in mind! :)

I woke up late (10am) today after staying up late with my partner sucking on the ole bong :grin: and singing along to “Mama Mia” that we got from NetFlix. It snowed like crazy last night and as usual you take the predicted snowfall figure and multiply it by 1.5 and you know what you have to deal with next day. I plowed about one foot snow off our 200ft driveway and then made myself my favorite brunch, toast and a cheddar cheese omelet. It is looking like a wonderful day.

I'm watching Religulous and downloading some books at a time where church would be in the last song/announements/prayer would be happening.

Clipped coupons and organized them into food and non-food for the Overseas Coupon Project (and myself).

OCP

My Star Trek club participates in it. We donate unused coupons to military families overseas. They can be up to 2 months expired. The only things I don't donate are pet product coupons since they aren't allowed to have pets, or so we've been told.

Also, I mopped my bathroom and kitchen floors. They now smell very citrusy. Yay for Mr. Clean!

Am listening to "new" old CD by Miles Davis, Kind of Blue. iTunes is good for something.

Today I woke up at 6am, which is not what I wanted to happen, but there it is. So I'm reading the forums and going to keep reading Harry Potter. I bought the whole series in hardback yesterday at Powell's Books, the book store that takes up an entire city block with multiple floors. Had some nice oatmeal and a tankard of milk. Hopefully the day will be relaxing.

I had breakfast outdoors with a group of wonderful friends that get together every Sunday for breakfast. We laughed a lot, ate a lot, and once again, I did not look at my watch at all!!! For the second time, I had no worries about being late for church.

Several of us are going to go on vacation together later this year. We decided that we should get matching tattoos before we go! Hmmmmm… I don’t have a tattoo. I wonder where I should place it? (I have a feeling there might be a few of us old folks backing out on this one!) :grin:

• Super Moderator
We decided that we should get matching tattoos before we go! Hmmmmm… I don’t have a tattoo. I wonder where I should place it? (I have a feeling there might be a few of us old folks backing out on this one!) :grin:

How about a "666" on your scalp?

We decided that we should get matching tattoos before we go! Hmmmmm… I don’t have a tattoo. I wonder where I should place it? (I have a feeling there might be a few of us old folks backing out on this one!) :grin:

How about a "666" on your scalp?

You're killing me! In fact, as impossible as it may seem, you have rendered me almost speechless!!! Why don't I just go ahead and get it on my forehead? :ugh:

Had a good sleep, got up at noon and fed cats. Went to two, count 'em, two karate classes. Physically crashed and burned with about ten minutes to go (severely winded and wobbly after doing intensive footwork for about 40 minutes) but got back into it for kata practice at the end.

Then Red and I headed over to Tim Horton's for coffee and donuts. Uncharacteristically, we did not have to go grocery shopping afterwards, and got home at about five.

Right now I'm finishing a scarf that I knitted for my daughter, and listening to a CD of opera arias, and inhaling the aromas from a pot of chili that's cooking downstairs. After supper, I'm going to practice clarinet and catch up on some paperwork, and hopefully get to bed well before midnight.

I woke up at around 9:00, ate breakfast, re-organized the bathroom at my parents' house (taking what I wanted), and packed up to drive back home. At around 11:35, my dad asked if I would be ready to leave for church in about 20 minutes. I stared at him blankly and said that I was planning to leave for home in about 20 minutes. My mother said, "I think she's planning to go to mass this evening." My dad pouted a bit and then went off to church. My sister asked if it was a sin to want to kill one's parents (I said, "I think it depends on how much you want to kill them and how much they deserve it." Then I asked her if she wanted to go to church this evening and she said she didn't. Neither did I, so we decided to "don't and say we did." Then we drove down here, I went grocery shopping, did some homework, and proceeded to look up ammenorrhea during the time that I would be at mass. (Hmm, would have been more amusing to look at sex toys. Oh well.)

Spent many hours today reading a forum about small children that relate stories of prior life experiences and of death. Very interesting.

Had a nice chocolate and peanut butter milkshake and listened to some Harry Potter audiobook.

Posted a few times to the forums. Loathing the idea of working tomorrow...

I had a lovely Sunday.

Woke up at about ten, went to my local health food store and had a tea, walked along the beach, went home, watched a movie, played with my Nintendo DS, watched another movie, gave myself a facial, enjoyed my silky smooth face, and now I'm here watching another movie. Ahhh, not going to church and listening to some guy drone on while everyone around you butts into your business is grrrrreat!

I watched Kara no Kyoukai 5 this morning.

Much more meaning behind it then any Christian Sunday service could ever dream to obtain.

snapshot20090201115844em1.jpg

Did AQ40 with my World of Warcraft guild and learned how to not be a nub healer. Got Classic Raider achievement.

Got my car washed and am doing laundry now.

I spent the day in Hell. I believe it exists now, because I have been there.

"Karaoke Star Jr." was holding auditions in the mall where I work today. A horde (I am not exaggerating, there were hundreds) of girls aged 6-15 singing off-key for all the mall to hear. The best part was that EVERY SINGLE ONE sang either "Bleeding Love" by Leona Lewis or "Can't Wait To See You Again" by Miley Cyrus.

If I have to hear either one of those songs EVER again, I'll impale myself on the nearest sharp object.

I listened to the first few chapters of the audio book "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" and will probably get a nice Reuben sandwich for lunch. Got to practice a bit of piano for my lesson tomorrow, and do some ab workout today.

Grading papers... ugh. I did sleep in really late and watch some crazy xtian videos on youtube from reddit. Pretty entertaining stuff! Check out

for a laugh. Now I'm just hanging out at a coffeeshop procrastinating my paper-grading duties (worst part of teaching).

Had a nice breakfast, went with my wife to a "new age" bookstore. These places used to creep me out, but I went to see what I thought and felt now. I find it interesting to see the different ways that people interpret reality and try to understand what their lives mean. Some paths and cultures draw me and others ...don't. I have an aversion to some, but it isn't based on Christianity anymore, just a mistrust of those that claim to know the way, and a deep feeling within that they are just guessing despite their conviction or multiple books.

I am currently gravitating towards "past lives" books and websites, though I don't trust hypnosis. The stories that intrigue me the most are the small children that recount their deaths from a previous life, often around parents that don't believe in such things.

I'm finishing up the last audio book of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Quite a bit darker than the previous books. Glad I have one more day off tomorrow.

I've been in bed all day, sick as a dog. I hope I am well enough to go to classes tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I will be.

Still coughing my lungs out after 2 months, and just got over a nasty fever. I have an appt for Tuesday, so I hope to resolve this shortly thereafter.

Read a bit more about past lives and reincarnation.

Not much happening otherwise.

After antibiotics, chest x-ray, and sleep... I'm still coughing. But perhaps less so, though my wife has now started. Good thing the deity intelligently designed viruses to be so damn indestructible.

Played Atomic Tanks in Linux, cooked corned beef and taters, had a bit of Bailey's and surfed the forums. Visited a new-age book store with my wife again today. Read about palmistry, just for kicks. Wish I had a week or three off from work. But at least I have a job.

Spent half of Sunday in bed because I have a bad flu bug, and the other half mashing keys on a keyboard because being in bed was boring. I tried going to bed early, but cruddy flu symptoms kept me awake. Hopefully this is the peak of it.