Goodbye Jesus

Sunday Morning Heathen Coffee Klatsch

Kelli

Sunday? It's Sunday already? Damn... time fly...

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Astreja

• trashy

• Kelli

• Amethyst

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's been a busier-than-usual Sunday hereabouts.

As usual, Red and I went to karate class after breakfast. There's a tournament next Saturday, and our sensei invited everyone from the intermediate class to stay for the advanced class, so we trained twice as long today.

Then we went to the Church of St. Horton's for a nice leisurely coffee.

Upon returning home, I started the clean-up of our front yard. Mucked out the leaves in a few planters, and removed several rogue patches of bittersweet nightshade.

Then I made gluten-free fettucine alfredo for supper. (Brown rice linguini was involved, as were capers, an anchovy fillet, and copious amounts of garlic and grated asiago cheese.)

About this time, the yard work and the double-length karate class hit me, so I staggered upstairs and took an aspirin. Then I got in a good clarinet practice and a few minutes of violin before heading out into cyberspace for a good rant or two.

And now, going on midnight... It's tea time! :lol: This is the day that just won't quit.

Spent yesterday, Sunday, on an airplane, flying home from a visit in Tulsa, OK. with a cousin who is like a sister to me. She & I are like-minded and have helped each other through the years in & out of troubles. We have both stood up to our 'fundie' families and pointed to the dysfunctional family elephant in the living room and let them know what we think of their supposed christian love. So, after a wonderful reunion with her & her husband, I spent yesterday, Sunday, on a plane, contemplating what a great time I had had, and how fortunate I am to have such loving friends. (And not one guilt pang over missing church. LOL!)

elana

I spent last Sunday just vegging with hubby....we went out to a carvery for lunch, wandered round some shops and snuggled at home.

I spent the morning being a lazy arse and stayed in bed until ten; I then listened to NPR and went to lunch. After killing a few minutes online, I went to my sister's for lunch, then came back to the university to work on a paper. That accomplished, I went to supper, worked on it some more, and came back to my room in the residency hall. Now I'm listening to YouTube videos ("Rain Forest Sounds" right now) and browsing forums.

Spent day planning and researching trip to Mexico - we leave May 17 for 8 nights/9 days in the central highlands.

Let's see. Today I slept until noon, went out for coffee with a few friends, cleaned out the rats' cage, made cookies, and did homework.

Secretly plotting world domination...

Sunday has become like another Saturday. My hubby and I try to get out of the house and roam around at least one day on the weekend, so we either do that on Saturday or Sunday, leaving the other day for laundry and chores.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife is sitting kids at her brother's house, and I'm being a bad boy. Drinking, herbage, and Discovery Channel. Damn, what a binge. Oh, and Chinese food, which she hates. Hedonism, 50 yo style.

I love the whole world right now, but I'll sober up soon enough.

I had a nice lay in. My husband made coffee and brought it into me with the newspaper. It's mothers day too, my son gave me a funny card. I am hanging out here and chatting with people, then I am off to check out the new super G that just opened up near us.

• Super Moderator

Breakfast with friends and family (the good ones) at Biff Burger, morning ride on the Black Bettie (my Sportster).

Rode past a few churches in session and just smiiiiled!

Happy Mother's Day, mothers!

We're going to the hospital to visit my son that's been in there for more than two weeks. He had a surgery, and some things didn't go so well, so he's taking longer to heal. But it's starting to look promising. Try to juggle this with work and school... *argh!* things just tend to happen at the wrong times.

Guest eejay

Stayed in bed till 9:15. Got on ex-c and checked out new posts, went to get groceries. Back home now for the rest of the day. Happily not in church.

Today, I am planting rose bushes and blueberry bushes and drinking Chivas Regal and finding it nice that I am sleeping under the trees today after it snowed here for the last two days.

What a simply perfect afternoon, Heretic...you are soo lucky. I dream of a backyard, blueberries and a hammock on Sunday afternoons. Here in NYC it's tourist season and I have to share every sq.inch of space with 6 million ppl. I think I am going to stay in today and work on some German. I am sewing a corset and I was going to work on it today but the busk and bones I ordered didn't get here this weekend. I'm looking forward to working on it next Sunday since my Sundays are now gloriously free of religious services. B)

I dropped my partner off at the airport this morning. He is starting a ten day business trip to California. I have the whole house to myself for the duration. I am already bored out of my mind and wish I had one his messes to clean up. The house is already spotless; perhaps I should just make a mess to have something to do.

My wife is sitting kids at her brother's house, and I'm being a bad boy. Drinking, herbage, and Discovery Channel. Damn, what a binge. Oh, and Chinese food, which she hates. Hedonism, 50 yo style.

I love the whole world right now, but I'll sober up soon enough.

Get down, brother! I've been having that kind of day, myself and at 51 yoa. I had to come inside because I was outside working in the yard and Lord Calvert and I did a good job.

Today, I am planting rose bushes and blueberry bushes and drinking Chivas Regal and finding it nice that I am sleeping under the trees today after it snowed here for the last two days.

What a simply perfect afternoon, Heretic...you are soo lucky. I dream of a backyard, blueberries and a hammock on Sunday afternoons. Here in NYC it's tourist season and I have to share every sq.inch of space with 6 million ppl. I think I am going to stay in today and work on some German. I am sewing a corset and I was going to work on it today but the busk and bones I ordered didn't get here this weekend. I'm looking forward to working on it next Sunday since my Sundays are now gloriously free of religious services. B)

I'm having that kind of day again today, too. Nice here in North Platte, NE.

Guest eejay

Seems to be real quiet at Ex-C this morning. You all must be in church or something. sunday mornings are usually pretty peaceful for me. This morning I am reading some of the books I purchased from the site. Enjoying Atheist Universe a lot.

Happy Sunday Eejay, and anyone else. My morning has been peaceful too. I have just made a fresh pot of coffee. I am listening to some classical music, really relaxing, and I have just paid our monthly bills on line and on time. Yey! I am about to go to the store and pick up some ingredients to make some home made salsa. My husband is going to get a propane tank refill for our grill and we are going to throw some ribs on there. We have some nice weather right now. It's a beautfiul day.

Smut mining and yard work.

Beautiful day in the neighborhood. 88F and plenty of beer and Lord Calvert on hand to stamp out daily self-righteousness.

Somebody say, 'Ramen!'

Had buscuits and gravy for breakfast. I'm planning on going hiking in Eagle River, AK later this morning. The weather here is awesome right now - sunny with highs in the upper 50s = perfect hiking weather. Glory!

• Super Moderator

Eggs, 'taters and toast with friends, then a little motorcycle ride on Black Bettie.

Riding is my Zen time . . .

Happy Sunday!

Had buscuits and gravy for breakfast

Ohhh you made me hungry! My mother was from Arkansas and we had biscuits and gravy every weekend. We all looked forward to it. If we were lucky my father had shot some chucker (A California desert partridge) and my mother would fry it up to go with the biscuits and gravy. It was the best breakfast ever; although you often had to spit out the lead shot before swallowing.

I have tried to duplicate my mother’s abilities and make this artery clogging cuisine of the gods, but alas I end up with something resembling a monster from a 1950s sci-fi flick.

Hmm, I didn't have biscuits and gravy for breakfast, as good as that sounds... but it's been a peaceful, relaxing day here too. Got up after ten, blogged a bit, been wasting time online... it's sunny and gorgeous out so in a little bit I'll be heading outside to plant some seeds and do a bit of yardwork. Then maybe I'll sit outside with a good book and a good beer and relax.

Sunday mornings are so great for sleeping through.