Goodbye Jesus

Sunday Morning Heathen Coffee Klatsch

Kelli

I'm going to spend the day breaking the Sabbath and cleaning house. Who knows, I might find some other sin to commit while I'm at it. Need anyone coveted or murdered?

What is your story? Did you used to be a follower of Christ and decide its not for you?

That's the case for most of us here. We used to be Christians, but we're not anymore since we've realized that Christianity isn't true.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Astreja

• trashy

• Kelli

• Amethyst

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is your story? Did you used to be a follower of Christ and decide its not for you?

What was your first clue, Dick Tracy? The fact that it's called ex-christian.net?

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all. I am going to WORK on the Sabbath and keep it unholy. Making money is so much more satisfying than giving 10% of it away!

Just knocked out a P90X workout...need to get my ass back into shape.

Today is going to be a crazy day of watching the Bears and the Ryder Cup...big batch of chili will be made. Stop by if you're hungry.

I played Wii Boxing for an hour this morning and worked up a sweat. I was pwning it til my arms got tired, lol.

Watching football, working on a glorious new website, and enjoying NOT being in church this morning. Glory!

I played Wii Boxing for an hour this morning and worked up a sweat. I was pwning it til my arms got tired, lol.

Raymond raving rabbits 2 here!

also have been on facebook and have baked chocolate chip cookies! yummy yummy. My dog is snoring on my arm, life is decent.

I went to a gay bar last night, and consequently slept late this morning. Then my sister and I went to the stables and fed a friend's horse (my sister is still Catholic, but I don't think she's been to mass since starting college -- we make a point of not asking each other). Then I made brownies and talked myself out of picking up my apartment.

Deva, those pictures are beautiful.

I was camping at a gay campground this weekend. I didn't do anything too naughty there, but I could have if I were so inclined. As it was, Sunday was spent packing up camp, buying stuff at a Wicca/Mystic type shop, and driving home.

Great Sunday coming up. Finished up a workout in my P90X program. Trying to get in the best shape of my life.

Maybe I'll install a storm door.

I slept late again. I'm getting over some bug, so that was nice.

I think I'll clean up the house.

Off-topic: my kitty is snoring on my bed. He is soooo cute.

Sunday is now the only day that I can sleep in: The other six days, I have either early-morning calculus classes, work, or a clarinet lesson. So I started the day by staying in bed till well after eleven.

Then my partner and I went shopping for a new refrigerator and a small freezer, as our current fridge is having Serious Issues. (Let's just say that I do not appreciate soft ice cream, and that the humming from the compressor is intruding upon my precious sleep time.) We struck a good deal, then headed off to buy a few hardware items and some cat food.

And then I worked on the patch of kitchen floor where the new appliances will sit. Our kitchen is quite small, so the old fridge was sitting in the mud porch at the back of the kitchen. Unfortunately, the mud porch floor has a mild case of the tilts and needs to be jacked up; but in the meantime, I started to build a riser that'll be level with the main part of the kitchen. Tomorrow I'm adding two new electrical circuits... The old fridge outlet is connected to the bedroom lights, and we're about to have two appliances instead of one.

Finally... Dinner and a couple of Havanas (rum, pineapple juice, and a squirt of lemon). Ahh...

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning my heathen friends. It has been a while since writing in this segment. It is fun to read everyone's Sunday activities now we are not tied to a schedule.

This morning is sunny, blue sky, really pleasant outside. I pulled some weeds, planted another specimen for my rock garden project, an ice plant with purple flowers. I took time to breathe in the fresh air and listen to the birds.

I am now brewing some coffee, I just ground some 'breakfast blend' whole coffee beans by Starbucks. I like the smell of fresh ground coffee. I wish I had some biscotti, maybe I will go down to the store and get some.

It is funny, on Sundays we use to go to the store after church service, pick up a newspaper, maybe some supplies. But we would bump into other people from church who are doing the same thing. So now I time it to where I know there isn't going to be the 'churchies' in there because they are still at the service. I just want to avoid saying hi and hearing the "we haven't seen you in a long time, we do miss you" comments, which has happened before.

I have some more planting to do later, I will get my son to help me, my husband is working. I want to plant a couple of shrubs I bought on sale. We still have alot of blank space in our yard, and we want to create a pretty garden that we can relax in and enjoy. We just do a little bit at a time. It costs money and time.

Have a nice day everyone.

I have begun my diabolical violation of the Sabbath by sleeping in well past starting-time for church, followed by preparing bacon and coffee (GASP! Work!) to be ate while laughing at the televangelists. Later, I shall finish writing a paper about the unspeakable secular godlessness of Renaissance-era Florence for my Italian history class, and then I shall complete my blasphemous desecration of the Lard's Day by opening up a good bottle of Viognier from my alma mater's enology department and drinking it without eucharistic consecration.

Glory! (to Satan.)

Guest AtheistInAFoxhole

So I started this Sunday by sleeping in til 10. I'm going to watch a few movies, do a little bit of studying for a few upcoming tests, and read another couple chapters in Everything You Know About God Is Wrong. Who knows, I may even find a party to go to and drink a little (Drinking on Sunday? *Gasp!*)

Have a great Secular Sunday everyone!

Yesterday, I slept late and then watched six deer eating grass outside for almost an hour. Then I drove back home and met up with two other asexuals for AVED (asexual visibility and education day). We ended up not talking about visibility at all, but the meet-up did last for 4.5 hours, so I'd say it was a success. Hmm, so I watched deer during mass and then met with people to "refuse god's beautiful gift." (compliments the local fundies) 'Twas a good day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Super Moderator

This morning I spent some time over at Jesus Christ Arcade, thanks to Rev. Jeremiah. :notworthy:

http://jesuschristarcade.com/index.php?action=arcade

Myth Hunt is a blast, but my favorite is Tickle Me Jesus....especially when you tickle his .... errrrr....."diaper area".... ROTFLMAO

:funny::lmao::funny::lmao:

Happy Not-Going-To-Church-To-Be-Brainwashed-Day!

Hmmmm. Slept in, now have about six hours worth of homework. After that, will go to the store, read, and have a few bourbons. Mr. Gypsy will do homework and mow the grass. Ms. Kitty will lay around doing nothing and occasionally nipping my ankles.

Recovering a little bit from drinking last night. I'm not hungover but I am a little slower than usual. I got up when I wanted and made a poached egg on toast. Ate that and drank some tea. Started a load of laundry and got most of that load hung to dry and another load started.

Not a huge accomplishment so far but way more than I would have done if I'd been in church this morning.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I stayed in bed for a while. Now I am posting on Ex-C. After that, I am going to grade papers and catch up with my freethought podcasts on ITunes.

Working in a classroom isn't the best way to spend a Sunday but it beats sitting in a church.

I played hockey for the first time in about two years. The University Law Society has an informal hockey team where you can just show up every Sunday and play the team from one of the other faculties. We beat the Vets 4-2 (should've been 5-2 but we had one disallowed) which was a good laugh since apparently their team actually trains! :dance:

It was a good laugh, and no-one minded the fact that I was godawful and probably responsible for one of the goals we let in.

Problem is that I didn't do a proper warm-up beforehand. Today I'm walking funny, and not in the good way! :Old:

Marinated 4 ribeye steaks in Yoshida's sauce and grilled those this afternoon. Ate one while watching that old 70's flick "Capricorn One". Ahhhh.

Baked bread using a loaned bread machine. Turned out tasty.

Went shopping for new work clothes.

Working on leveling my WoW toon to 80 due to new expansion. She is 19.8% into level 76. I'm hoping to hit 77 today so I can fly again and level faster this week. Next I'm going to level my shaman and make her resto. The death knight will be last and I'll probably just PvP with her.