Goodbye Jesus

Sunday Morning Heathen Coffee Klatsch

Kelli

Sipping coffee while watching demo tutorial screencasts of my new Brokerage software (thinkorswim.com) - getting excited about Regression Channels!

In the background I'm playing the Christmas Lounge channel from Soma.FM - even when they play more traditional religious songs they are tripped out and reworked enough that you don't mind nearly so much. Good for getting in the 'mood'

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Astreja

• trashy

• Kelli

• Amethyst

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

getting excited about Regression Channels!

Don't want to be a killjoy, but just be careful. I'm a big TA buff but it never works quite as well in the real world as it does in the examples. Just make sure to use tight stops and honor them, honor them, honor them!

Better yet, don't even think about using real money until you are consistently profitable on paper.

One more note on TA. It gives you a vague view of probabilities if you really know how to read the indicators, but it never tells you the future. If you can get good at assessing probabilities you still can lose all your money if you don't use tight stops and remember to take profit when its there. That's vague, I know, but it would take a book to explain more.

The number one reason traders lose their shirts is that they never admit they are wrong and keep holding stocks after it cut through their stop. If it hit your stop you were wrong. Period.

for me, it was woke up, had a good breakfast, then descided to finally find a new coat.

i love my new coat. pimpin. yes i'm a guy that likes style and dress and kind of vain about it. i don't think i'm the hottest thing on the planet, but i'm loving how my style is changing and i'm not afraid to say i look good when i look good a stylish metal head :D

but the coat is so pimp. i'm used to wearing leather jackets, but i bought a casual/dress wool coat and bought a pair of dark denim jeans to go with it, cause tonight i'm gonna dress it down a little and go to a coffee shop about 20 min. north of me, to sit and have some good coffee and read, Me of Little Faith-Lewis Black. my black fitted hat is drying right now, that will work with my new coat and looking forward to enjoying some good coffee, a good read, get my new coat worn in and maybe gaze at the fresh field of hottie college coffee chicks, or maybe just coffee junkies reading or giving their mind away to their gadgets.

for me, it was woke up, had a good breakfast, then descided to finally find a new coat.

i love my new coat. pimpin. yes i'm a guy that likes style and dress and kind of vain about it. i don't think i'm the hottest thing on the planet, but i'm loving how my style is changing and i'm not afraid to say i look good when i look good a stylish metal head :D

but the coat is so pimp. i'm used to wearing leather jackets, but i bought a casual/dress wool coat and bought a pair of dark denim jeans to go with it, cause tonight i'm gonna dress it down a little and go to a coffee shop about 20 min. north of me, to sit and have some good coffee and read, Me of Little Faith-Lewis Black. my black fitted hat is drying right now, that will work with my new coat and looking forward to enjoying some good coffee, a good read, get my new coat worn in and maybe gaze at the fresh field of hottie college coffee chicks, or maybe just coffee junkies reading or giving their mind away to their gadgets.

MY TESTIMONY OF THE DAY OF THE HOLY DAY...REVIVAL MY BROTHERS AND SISTER...TESTIFY!

ok my sabbath grazing of the fields was kind of small, only two at the coffee shop that were pretty but i have a thing against girls that seem too giddy. its annoying to me. but the more i read this book, the more i love it. i had to pretend to cough and keep my laughter quiet.

but, at Meijers(that's a department store for all our foreign friends) did give me a double take...i caught her. she was pretty. she looked too young for me tho, but still, all i can think is, "why didn't get into this style of dressing like 10 years ago, when the first time i wear it, i get a pretty good looking girl looking at me 2x, smiling and starting up cute conversation about how she's so bored at work with her cute little smiles and catching her make eye contact as i'm getting my bank card out to pay. damnit!!!

the funny post-script to this story was, i forgot i needed some more tubes, for my cigarette roller. so i wanted to see if they had any. so i go back in. well i bought new pants from JC Penny's that day, and a customer told me that the sticker was still on my pants. i start laughing and take it off. thankfully it was up by my crotch area to where you'd have to be behind me to see it. it was the sticker that gives the size and length, not the price ticket. so i got thinking, "damn, too bad she didn't catch it, because i would have flirted/joked around with her that if she needed to confirm my receipt that is at home, she could come with me for verification purposes. but alas the moment didn't come for that joke and a way to flirt.

but life lessons was learned that day my fellow brothers and sisters. looking good regardless of the flaws that one does have, really does work. and the most important lesson for me learned? after all the failed relationships i've had, the failed engagement, blah blah, i still got some game in me, even though, i didn't have the chance to execute it out but i still got some game left in me after all. praise be to Eros!

I'm enjoying the very light dusting of snow we are getting here in Vancouver, WA. The wind is kicking up quite a bit, but that makes for some interesting swirls of snow. I opened the back door for a minute or so, so my cats could experience snow. They were intrigued by the movement, but didn't like being pelted by snowflakes. I'm enjoying my solitude today. Nothing pressing, no agenda. Ahhhhhh.

• Super Moderator

Another breakfast outdoors with friends and family. It's 75 and sunny (the good part about living in Florduh).

I'll post again when I'm recovered enough to ride with my motorcycle scum friends after Sunday breakfast.

just woke up. this is my weekend to work.

sitting here listening to Harvester of Sorrow by Metallica, getting ready to fix some breakfast and get a cup of coffee. good things my neighbors like me right now, i've got it cranked up. i can only think of one thing better to wakeup besides listening to heavy metal...

anyways, time to fix some eggs.

well i do need to get ready and adjourn myself to getting ready to leave for work.

got my cup of coffee and fantastic egg sandwhich that i'm prideful about it and now listening to some Bloodbath and Miseration (great death metal!) before i go to work.

have a good night everyone!

I had a great Sunday, not praising gawd, not keeping the sabbath holy, gettingh a buzz on and watching my Panthers kick ass again. I love Sundays.

Guest AtheistInAFoxhole

So today I woke up around 9, did more research into the real history of Jesus and Christmas, got some ideas about some local activism and such, and finished up the vast majority of my shopping. All in all it was a great day with my girlfriend and I'm more than glad that I didn't go to church :)

Got up eleven-ish, had breakfast, went out to karate class. Today I got my results from last week's testing; I passed, and am now a 5th kyu purple belt in Shotokan. :woohoo:

Red and I then rampaged through the local "everything for a dollar" store and picked up stuff for next Saturday's Jól party... Including eight little golden apples, which I've already hung up in the dining room. From the dollar store we went to the grocery store next door, and had a coffee break. Then we wandered around, buying more party stuff and scarfing down samples of baked goods and exotic cheese.

Then we hurried home to get out of the cold (-25C), windy and unpleasant weather. Upon our return home we encountered a white shorthair cat who's been hanging around our place... We've named him Danny. Because of the cold weather we brought him inside. There's been an occasional bit of kittycat politics this evening, growling and hissing but no clumps of fur lost.

And after all that, I decided to clean up the non-functional downstairs bathroom, which has fallen on hard times and been reduced to being used as a rather chaotic closet. I removed the old sink and vanity and dragged it out to the lane in the hope that someone will adopt it. Now that there's actually room to manoeuvre inside the bathroom, I can take out the old shower stall, reroute the pipes. and eventually divide the space into a much smaller bathroom plus a pantry.

Holed up in my home with burgers and Thai food that I bought before the snow storm hit. We have about 5 inches locally with a sheet of ice covering it all.

I damaged the car a couple of days ago by sliding on the ice into the curb. I thought Subaru Outbacks were supposed to be sturdy vehicles, but this one bent a wheel-controller arm in a low speed bump against the curb. There goes another $1K...

• Super Moderator

Breakfast alfresco with the best people in the world. And one asshole (besides me). Got a Christmas hug from our well-endowed waitress, hugged a couple of the other women, and grabbed one ass. It was a nice Sunday morning.

So today I woke up around 9, did more research into the real history of Jesus and Christmas, got some ideas about some local activism and such, and finished up the vast majority of my shopping. All in all it was a great day with my girlfriend and I'm more than glad that I didn't go to church :)

Cool...what did you come up with??

Horus=Jesus

Sun worship turned into Son worship.

Its all amazing.

Great username btw

We've been rather productive this morning. My wife put in a shift at work, while I am sitting here in my pajamas working on my Electronics Technician certification and posting here whenever I need a break. My son enjoyed some TV, and is now playing some games on the computer.

Almost time for lunch!

• Super Moderator

I love eating breakfast outside in winter! Every Sunday starts with breaking eggs with the best people I know. This morning was no exception. One atheist had to leave us to meet her manipulative mother at church - we're working on that problem!

I just scored 100% on module 15 (Transformers) of my Electronics Technician certification (distance learning). I can thank leaving Christianity for attaining that well-earned grade, and not because I feel free to cheat; I don't. Rather, I feel free to succeed, understanding that the power to succeed comes from within myself and not some mystical man in the sky.

What an excellent way to spend a Sunday. I love working hard and being productive on this day.

This fine Sunday, the first thing we did was drive over to St. Tim's for coffee and muffins. We then went to clean out my aunt's old apartment and hand over the keys. After that, we went out to a fish and chips place for dinner.

Since we got home, I've practiced clarinet and done some knitting. We'll probably have a tea break and get to bed relatively early tonight.

Guest Princess Bitch

Yesterday five girlfriends and I went to a buffet at lunchtime, known to be packed with fundies fresh from church on a Sunday afternoon. We made sure to dress pretty skimpy and talked about some rather interesting topics in our two hours at the table. Made for an interesting afternoon. The looks we got and some of the comments we overheard were pretty funny.

Beats the fuck out of going to church, for sure.

• Super Moderator

Way to go, Princess Bitch!

Now, where is this restaurant?

Very groggy this morning. Was having a nice surreal dream when a loud thump woke me up. I think one of my cats was up on a kitchen counter and jumped down. Of course I had to check for home invaders... So here I am perusing the forums.

Got up early to make breakfast for my wife, because she's going to work. Went back to sleep until 9, and now I'm going to continue working on my Electronics Technician certification today. Up to module 20, still maintaining a 90% average. I might do some laundry and dishes today as well. I continue to find that Sunday tends to be our most productive day of the week.

Got up early to make breakfast for my wife, because she's going to work. Went back to sleep until 9, and now I'm going to continue working on my Electronics Technician certification today. Up to module 20, still maintaining a 90% average. I might do some laundry and dishes today as well. I continue to find that Sunday tends to be our most productive day of the week.

Quick note DQ, I'm a retired Electronics Eng. If you have any questions just PM me. Net Eng covers the digital side. Lots of geek help available for the asking. :P

Oy, what a night... I've been sick for the past week and spent last night coughing. Drank LOTS of water. Somewhat better this morning, but still not really well. Plan to play "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" game on PS2.