Goodbye Jesus

Sunday Morning Heathen Coffee Klatsch

Kelli

Went to Canadian Tire, then Horton's for a coffee, then a dollar store.

Canadians really need to warn us dumbies from the south of the boarder that if they want some donut holes they need to call them "Tim Bits." :thanks:

IBF

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Astreja

• trashy

• Kelli

• Amethyst

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Canadians really need to warn us dumbies from the south of the boarder that if they want some donut holes they need to call them "Tim Bits." :thanks:

IBF

IBF - you lost me on that one......

BTW, does anyone else miss Purple Rhino? *sigh*

I'm up early after a night of wine and crazy sex. Wife is still sleeping. I'm just surfing and doing email, and we're planning on hitting a nearby bird sanctuary and hiking trail as soon as it warms up a bit.

Went to Canadian Tire, then Horton's for a coffee, then a dollar store.

IBF

I want Tim Bits now :( allegedly there is a Hortons somewhere in England but I have no idea where.

I want Tim Bits now :( allegedly there is a Hortons somewhere in England but I have no idea where."I'm a bigoted homophobe. Please don't eye-rape me or I might run home crying to my mommy."

Timmy Ho's rocks! There's one about two blocks from me and another less than a mile in the other direction. There's a reason why there's long lines in the morning... Fortunately they're usually very efficient so the line goes fast.

Timmy Ho's rocks! There's one about two blocks from me and another less than a mile in the other direction. There's a reason why there's long lines in the morning... Fortunately they're usually very efficient so the line goes fast.

I know, they have the best coffee ever. I brought a big tin back from Canada and made some at home but it's not the same *cries* I can't wait to move to Canada.

IBF

IBF - you lost me on that one......

The last time I was in Nova Scotia I went to Tim Horton’s for some coffee and donut holes. When I asked the woman behind the counter for a dozen assorted donut holes she just gave me the oddest looks and asked the woman working with her, “What are donut holes?” She was quickly informed that I meant ‘Tim Bits.’ :shrug:

The last time I went to Tim Horton's was almost three years ago. The spouse and I were on honeymoon in the largest in Central Canada and on the way home, I wanted Tim Horton's badly and she gave in. Haven't been back to the frozen north yet because you need a passport now. What a jip.

Today, my wife is sick due to a punctuation mark. It seems like she's mellowed a bit on my attitude on church, and like Trashy, gave me the once over in the master (sans the wine). I don't know, I think going week-by-week is the thing to do.

As for today's activities, I have to go the nearby laundromat and do our laundry. I did dishes and I have a date with these piles of paperwork called "grading homework" and "planning lessons". I also plan to go jogging at the high school since the outdoor temperatures here can drop below the doughnut. Fun fun in the land of frozen desolation.

:woohoo:

Haven't been back to the frozen north yet because you need a passport now. What a jip.

Huh? Since when? I go to Canada on average twice a week and I only need my drivers license. I know they have been talking about it, but it hasn't been implemented yet.

Haven't been back to the frozen north yet because you need a passport now. What a jip.

Huh? Since when? I go to Canada on average twice a week and I only need my drivers license. I know they have been talking about it, but it hasn't been implemented yet.

I heard it went into effect on Jan 1, 2008. They have been reporting in my local news media since 2006. Of course, where I live is very desolate and the "terrorists" come sneak across if they wanted to. Maybe it has been pushed back, but I know that the new regulations were supposed to be implemented this year due to the Patriot Act. Furthermore, where I live, you need a birth certificate to cross the international border and that was three years ago.

I don't know anymore.

I spent my Sunday morning watching Stargate, which is kind of ironic if you think about it because the plot is that the main characters are fighting an alien race who represent themselves as gods to those whom they enslave.

Don't plan on going anywhere today. Too dang cold.

Went to Canadian Tire, then Horton's for a coffee, then a dollar store. Picked up half a dozen cheap minature Mason jars and, upon returning home, tidied up the plethora of spices in the kitchen cupboard. While I had all the spices out on the kitchen counter, transferring them to the new jars, I made a batch of chai.

Chai recipe:
1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns; 6 pods green cardamom; 1 cinnamon stick; 12 cloves; 1 tablespoon fennel; 2 bay leaves; and 2 tablespoons Darjeeling tea. Boil spices in 7 cups of water for five minutes, then take off the heat and steep for ten. Add tea; bring back to boil; reduce heat and simmer for five minutes. Strain; discard spices and tea. Add milk and sweetener to taste. (I usually keep the basic mixture in the fridge and mix half-and-half with hot milk when I want a cup, rather than adding milk to the whole mixture.)

And then I waxed the floor in my office. Ooh, shiny...

May have to try this. I got a teapot for Christmas.

I heard it went into effect on Jan 1, 2008. They have been reporting in my local news media since 2006. Of course, where I live is very desolate and the "terrorists" come sneak across if they wanted to. Maybe it has been pushed back, but I know that the new regulations were supposed to be implemented this year due to the Patriot Act. Furthermore, where I live, you need a birth certificate to cross the international border and that was three years ago.

I don't know anymore.

Last I read they hadn't implemented it yet and were going to give 60 days notice of when they were, with a target of sometime in summer. At this point I get across with my drivers license and for a bit less hassle, I show my media credential as well.

I would feel strange going into a shop and saying "I'll have some of Tim's bits please." I'd think Tim would mind terribly.

I would feel strange going into a shop and saying "I'll have some of Tim's bits please." I'd think Tim would mind terribly.

LOL, Tim wouldn't care. He died in a car wreck in 1972.

Damn, THAT'S what I need to do right now. Walk over to TH's and get a coffee. There's one within viewing distance of my apartment. Eat that sucka's!

:P

Last I read they hadn't implemented it yet and were going to give 60 days notice of when they were, with a target of sometime in summer. At this point I get across with my drivers license and for a bit less hassle, I show my media credential as well.

OK... I have a puerile sense of humour... I just have this image of the Kel-mobile driving away from the border as the patrolman looks shocked...

So it's Tim's mummified bits... hmmmm chewy!

So it's Tim's mummified bits... hmmmm chewy!

Mmmph... My bad. It was 1974. He played for the Sabres then also.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Horton

Today's Coffee Klatsch report is brought to you by... No, not Tim Horton's. By my cat Freyja, who's currently curled up in my lap, purring madly.

Got up a bit after noon, made tea, went to karate. Improved my front snap kick slightly.

Went over to Sobey's to pick up some groceries, and also had coffee in their coffee bar. Took the groceries home and put 'em away, then drove over to a friend's house to socialize there for a while.

Fixed the zipper on my partner's down-filled coat; ate shepherd's pie for supper; practiced clarinet and violin.

The weather report: Pretty damn cold (highs in the area of -20C), expected to stay this way till at least mid-week.

Hey Kelli,

I saw Byron Dorgan (North Dakota senator) waxing angrily about how the Dept. of Homeland Security is threating border-based economies with the new stricter border-crossing regulations. According to my local newscast as of Sunday night, the regs go into effect January 31st.

Did it make your newscast as well?

Morning! I shall be having a traditional English sunday- visiting the DIY store! It's only marginally more interesting than going to church :grin: but at least I got a lie in.

I'm still in my pjs, with a marvin the martian bucket of coffee and hair like the Centauri Emperor...

It's 7am here. The kids are thankfully still asleep :HaHa:

I'm itching to get out and do something, but our high temp is supposed to be mid 30's, so it'd have to be indoors. Bleh! It'll likely be another boring day at home, but it still beats going to church.

Living in a Metric country, high 30s took a moment to work out that it's bloody cold, not uncomfortably hot...

This afternoon the kids and I went sledding a the big sledding hill here in town. We had a blast. I am soaked. It was great to get out and do something other than sit around in front of the damned TV. Most of the weekends so far have either had no snow or the weather was too bad to go sledding. This weekend was perfect!

I wish I had taken pics of us sledding, but I was having too much fun sledding with them and didn't want to chance damaging or losing the camera. But here's a pic of the aftermath... Hot cocoa while we wait for pot-pie to be done!

kids_sledding_1.27.2008.JPG