Goodbye Jesus

The Unhijackable Thread

Mythra

Anybody else ever seen a miracle?

100863[/snapback]

Yes, unfortunately... every morning... I step out in the bathroom and see my face in the mirror and I say "Damn! You're still alive? It must be a miracle!"

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Purple Rhino

• Ouroboros

• Mythra

• Nihil

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is that a threat? :mellow:

:fdevil::pureevil::fdevil:

I don't make threats.

I make promises.

:fdevil:   :pureevil:   :fdevil:

I don't make threats.

I make promises.

:fdevil:   :pureevil:   :fdevil:

100920[/snapback]

DAMN! what is going on with you two today?

I used to say I didn't believe in Evil.

DAMN! what is going on with you two today?

I used to say I didn't believe in Evil.

You don't have to BELIEVE in evil!

For It is replying to your post at this very moment.

Really now...

Khan is just a prick. That's all. :mellow:

I really can't think of any other reason I talk to him that way. :shrug:

:HaHa:

Hi everyone!

I know I have not been posting much lately, but these last few weeks of school before graduation are brutal. Well anyway, just before I fell asleep last night I made myself laugh. I was trying to think of a good ‘come-back’ to one of the most common loaded questions Christians like to ask:

“When you find yourself after death standing before the Lord, what are you going to say?”

I think I found my new favorite response!

”Who Died and Made You God?” :nono:

It was funnier when I was still stoned.

“When you find yourself after death standing before the Lord, what are you going to say?”

I think I found my new favorite response!

”Who Died and Made You God?”  :nono:

101008[/snapback]

Brilliant! Absolutely Brilliant!

Guest Roger Doger

The goal of a carburetor is to mix just the right amount of gasoline with air so that the engine runs properly. If there is not enough fuel mixed with the air, the engine "runs lean" and either will not run or potentially damages the engine. If there is too much fuel mixed with the air, the engine "runs rich" and either will not run (it floods), runs very smoky, runs poorly (bogs down, stalls easily), or at the very least wastes fuel. The carb is in charge of getting the mixture just right.

On new cars, fuel injection is becoming nearly universal because it provides better fuel efficiency and lower emissions. But nearly all older cars, and all small equipment like lawn mowers and chain saws, use carbs because they are simple and inexpensive.

The carburetor on a chain saw is a good example because it is so straightforward. The carb on a chain saw is simpler than most carbs because it really has only three situations that it has to cover:

It has to work when you are trying to start the engine cold.

It has to work when the engine is idling.

It has to work when the engine is wide open.

No one operating a chain saw is really interested in any gradations between idle and full throttle, so incremental performance between these two extremes is not very important. In a car the many gradations are important, and this is why a car's carb is a lot more complex.

Here are the parts of a carb:

A carburetor is essentially a tube.

There is an adjustable plate across the tube called the throttle plate that controls how much air can flow through the tube. You can see this circular brass plate in photo 1.

At some point in the tube there is a narrowing, called the venturi, and in this narrowing a vacuum is created. The venturi is visible in photo 2

In this narrowing there is a hole, called a jet, that lets the vacuum draw in fuel. You can see the jet on the left side of the venturi in photo 2.

See the video for a better look at these parts.

The carb is operating "normally" at full throttle. In this case the throttle plate is parallel to the length of the tube, allowing maximum air to flow through the carb. The air flow creates a nice vacuum in the venturi and this vacuum draws in a metered amount of fuel through the jet. You can see a pair of screws on the right top of the carb in photo 1. One of these screws (labeled "Hi" on the case of the chain saw) controls how much fuel flows into the venturi at full throttle.

When the engine is idling, the throttle plate is nearly closed (the position of the throttle plate in the photos is the idle position). There is not really enough air flowing through the venturi to create a vacuum. However, on the back side of the throttle plate there is a lot of vacuum (because the throttle plate is restricting the airflow). If a tiny hole is drilled into the side of the carb's tube just behind the throttle plate, fuel can be drawn into the tube by the throttle vacuum. This tiny hole is called the idle jet. The other screw of the pair seen in photo 1 is labeled "Lo" and it controls the amount of fuel that flows through the idle jet.

Both the Hi and Lo screws are simply needle valves. By turning them you allow more or less fuel to flow past the needle. When you adjust them you are directly controlling how much fuel flows through the idle jet and the main jet.

When the engine is cold and you try to start it with the pull cord, the engine is running at an extremely low RPM. It is also cold, so it needs a very rich mixture to start. This is where the choke plate comes in. When activated, the choke plate completely covers the venturi see this video of the choke plate to see it in action). If the throttle is wide open and the venturi is covered, the engine's vacuum draws a lot of fuel through the main jet and the idle jet (since the end of the carb's tube is completely covered, all of the engine's vacuum goes into pulling fuel through the jets). Usually this very rich mixture will allow the engine to fire once or twice, or to run very slowly. If you then open the choke plate the engine will start running normally.

I like the change that was made to the quote function on the boards here. :notworthy:

Now it's back to being just like it was in the original forum. :woohoo:

101008[/snapback]

I'm sure it was :scratch:

PR

101008[/snapback]

I'm sure it was :scratch:

PR

104046[/snapback]

d00000000d!!!!!!!

I just lack the reasoning gene.

Hell, I can't even figure out    "one fish two fish, red fish, blue fish."

Which is it?  One fish or two?

And if it's only one, how could it be a red fish and a blue fish?

If it's two fish, then why the fuck did they say one fish?

I don't get it.

30131[/snapback]

The fishies are together in magical hypostatic homousian magical bundle. Due to your willful hatred of the fishies, you refuse to understand. Strangely, I get to say this even though I've never met you.

It's a mystery that we cannot understand due to our fins, er, I mean sins. Don't question it!

Gado. Since this man-o-the-wan- to- b-cloth -after-rackingitonnes -of-cash-from-the-NFL and those ungodly unions of the NFL (lol) um, well, Gado;. GBh as God on its side. Whew. Thanky Gaooooado. Tahnk. Ugh. Hugh. Eye. Yaow.

Gado. Since this man-o-the-wan- to- b-cloth -after-rackingitonnes -of-cash-from-the-NFL and those ungodly unions of the NFL (lol) um, well, Gado;. GBh as God on its side. Whew. Thanky Gaooooado. Tahnk. Ugh. Hugh. Eye. Yaow.

106370[/snapback]

Translation: Eunice needs a damn good shag.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel so dirty. I stumbled upon the website for the female-girl version of NAMBLA. Yuck.

I feel so dirty. I stumbled upon the website for the female-girl version of NAMBLA. Yuck.

Well, that's kinda ho- I mean, eww! So wrong!

(Yes, that was a joke. Hold the flames)

Damn you sir! You WILL try!

I have to write three papers tonight, and I have strep throat again god dammit!!!

<brewing mango tea>

Good luck! Hang in there, the semester is coming to an end! ^_^

I have to write three papers tonight, and I have strep throat again god dammit!!!

<brewing mango tea>

Are you done yet?

Let's go to the Long Room off of Irving Park and Ashland. I give you extra-lined paper to finish your papers why can buy me drinks. he he

Are you done yet?

Let's go to the Long Room off of Irving Park and Ashland. I give you extra-lined paper to finish your papers why can buy me drinks. he he

OOOOHHHHH, extra lined papers...

:wicked:

That'll get me an A for damn sure. Alas, school is getting harder, and I now have to deal with my unemployment. Resumes, dreams about cadavers, crappy 400 page books that teacher make us read because they are the authors of the f*ckin sh*t-hole p*ss-poor writing and embarassment to lituature - and we have to pretend to like the book - ass! Nursing administrators that lie to your face because they are trying to weed you out, prospective nursing students almost getting into fist-fights because of selective seating into mandatory meetings. Huf, it's all worth it though...

Give me til the 20th, last day of school.

I will be the violator :eek:

:pureevil:

:HaHa: