• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Savedbyfaith

• Ouroboros

• Mythra

• crazy-tiger

You added the parenthesis to make the bible say what you want it to mean! Here, let's both play!

[sBF] Yes, I did, just to help you gain a better understanding. You can igonore it if you want. But what I added is what it means when you bring in other scriptures.

MT 6:5 "And when you pray' date=' do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.[/quote']

You're pathetic ya know that?

[sBF] I'm really having a hard time trying to understand you people (ex-christians, or whatever you might be). All I did was give you my understanding of what a verse means, and which I know it means. Why can't you just address the issue and share what you think it might mean. Why do you have to resort to name calling, ad hominems, disrespect, etc.?

If Jesus wants me he knows right where to find me. Nothing fails like prayer.

[sBF] I'm glad to see that you acknowledge Jesus is there. Who knows? Perhaps he will visit you and show you how wonderful he is :-) I'm not sure what your point is with these verses spoken by Jesus, but you may have to convince Thankful about prayer. She seems to think that her god will answer her.

I feel ignored. :Hmm:

[sBF] Come to Jesus: "I will never forsake you or leave you." (Heb. 13:5)

You wouldn't happen to mean the same four gospels that the Church hadn't even heard of until after ~150CE, would you?

The same four gospels that are almost certainly not written by eyewitnesses?

The same four gospels that have been translated and translated, with various errors creeping in every time a new translation was done?

The same four gospels that contradict each other regularly?

I can only suggest that you read the history of the gospels, including the gospel of Thomas, and bear in mind there is no evidence that they are actually true...

[sBF] Just imagine how many billions of people have been duped over the centuries if the gospels are not true? What a con job. Those poor, pitiful, gullible believers in Jesus. Woe to us. But not really. If the gospels are fake, then our fate will be no different than yours. But what if you're wrong? BTW, I would like to address any contradictions you might have in the gospels.

Right now, it is you who are ignoring me. And since you are supposed to represent your god, I somehow doubt you are showing me a glowing recommendation of the benefits of becoming Christian.

I think you are forgetting something. I am ex-christian, not neverbeenchristian. I already came to Jesus. And Jesus turned a big deaf ear. Why would I trust such a being again?

If the gospels are fake, then our fate will be no different than yours.  But what if you're wrong? 

Pascal's Wager will not work here.

And what if YOU are wrong hmm SBF? Who'll have a better defence? Someone that says they used reason and logic or someone who was duped into worshiping a false god?

savedbyfaith:

You showed how loosely you are willing to play with the truth when when you cited Flavius Josephus as proof that Jesus was anything more than an allegory. Josephus is actually wonderful proof that there was no Jesus. Compare Josephus' account of John the Baptist (who was a historical person) and explain why Josephus had no knowledge of Jesus and his miracles.

Take a look in the Rants section, read Heimdall's take on the Flavianum. Then eat crow.

No one of any legitimacy accepts the Testimonium Flavianum as anything more than a fourth century interpolation by Eusebius. Philo of Alexandria is also curiously silent.

Making the case for a historical christ is a rocky road. Better chain up.

I'm not sure what your point is with these verses spoken by Jesus

I'm showing you how you're a proud, ignorant christian who breaks the very word of the book you are claiming to believe.

You are the thickest christian I've ever directly talked to. You don't even comprehend what anyone else is writing, let alone consider that it might be more accurate than what you have been brainwashed into believing.

You have proven, at least to me, that you are here for nothing more than to hear yourself talk. Kindly leave if you're not going to learn from your experience here.

And your prayer has gone up to an impotent god.

[sBF]  Just imagine how many billions of people have been duped over the centuries if the gospels are not true?  What a con job. 

shavedmyface:

There you go. You got it exactly right. Dang (I would say damn, but I don't want to offend his holiness) you catch on pretty quick for not having been here all that long.

By the way, this thread has gotten WAY off topic.  It's about defining sin, not Jesus or his deity.
Sorry!

My heretic viewpoint:

Sin = not to think, not to feel, not to be

SBF. You still don't use quotes properly!

[QUOTE]Bla bla.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that if you reply the original message is quoted as a whole. Please take a bit of time yourself, because elseway your readers have to take that time. Thank you politely.

Here is my definition of sin: a useful tool. Works really well to keep the dupes duped. You question less when you're racked with guilt.

Pascal's Wager will not work here.

[sBF] There is no other logical conclusion. Concerning your former Christianity. I have been trying to get an ex-christian to share with me his or her understanding of John 6:39. Would you do that please?

I'll turn and ask you the same. Many deities have hell and/or hell's as punishment for sin.

[sBF] There is only one true deity and several false ones. "You shall have no other gods before me." (Exo. 20:3) Was Moses wrong?

Are you going to run out and get their religious texts and be obedient to them too?

[sBF] I think only the Quran and Bible speak of eternal hell. I could be wrong.

For example, will you run out tonight and get a Qu'ran and bow to Allah 5 times a day?

[sBF] Why would I bow down to what I believe is not the true and living God? The God of scripture and Allah are not the same I bow down to Jesus Christ. He is my God and my loving Savior. How I wish you could see that. You can if you are willing.

Allah will send you to eternal torment for not believing in him. Many deities of various belief discuss hell, are you going to believe in all of em' "just in case"?

[sBF] If they all teach an eternal hell, then they are to be commended for that and whatever else that is consistent with the Bible.

No, of course you're not, but the arrogance of your religion puts that expectation on those who don't believe in Christianity.

[sBF] So why not come down on these other arrogant religions that teach the same thing?

You, SBF, are a major hypocrite.

[sBF] Please be specific. Sometimes we say things when we don't know what else to say in order to vent our anger, frustrations, etc.

You're "what if your're wrong" is a threat, and no god deserves worship who threatens such atrocities.

[sBF] Is this why you call me hypocrite? If so, where is the hypocrisy? I am only feeding you sound doctrine. Or, am I a hypocrit because these other religions believe there is an eternal hell? Call Pascal's wager a threat if you want. But if it's enough to drive you into the loving arms of Jesus, I will threaten you all day long :-)

To us, your religion is just as unbelievable and mythical as the rest,

[sBF] The rest? Does that include Zeus and Spirit of Oneness? First, I don't have a "religion," but a personal relationship with my Creator. That is not religion, but spiritual reality. You can too if you will only repent, turn to Christ, believe he died for you and rose from the dead. "That if you will confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Rom. 10:9)

If you want to discuss gospel contradictions, start a thread, no one is stopping you from doing so. Click on "New Topic" when you come to the debate forum, you're allowed.

[sBF] I was only responding to some who say there are contradictions. If they want to start one, they can.

Grace and peace to you in Christ's most wonderful name,

Savedby faith

Sorry!

My heretic viewpoint:

Sin = not to think, not to feel, not to be

[sBF] Is your user name symbolic?

SBF. You still don't use quotes properly!

[QUOTE]Bla bla.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that if you reply the original message is quoted as a whole. Please take a bit of time yourself, because elseway your readers have to take that time. Thank you politely.

[sBF] I'm really sorry about that, but I just don't get it. What do you mean

blah blah blah

I just don't get it.

Understatement of the year.

[sBF]  I can only suggest you read the four gospels with an open mind.  The word of God is powerful and can change your life, and show you the hope of eternal life.  That's why Jesus died, so that all who repent and turn to him will have eternal life.  Jesus said, "The son of man has come to seek and save that which was lost." (Luke 19:10).  We are all lost and dead in our sins.  But God loves us so much that he gave the life of his Son Jesus.  He will save you from your sins if you will let him.  That is his promise, and Jesus doesn't make empty promises.

Peace,

Savedbyfaith

Oh sweetheart...I have. I don't have any sins. I have wrongs that I seek to be forgiven for from the person that I have wronged. That cleanses me. And you know what...it's real forgiveness.

I have been trying to get an ex-christian to share with me his or her understanding of John 6:39.  Would you do that please?

John 6:39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

This verse was written in the early second century as an antithesis to Hebrews 6:4-6. The writer put these words into the mouth of Jesus so that it would be believed that they carried more weight. Looks like it worked in your case.

:lmao::lmao::lmao: What a piece of work, hypocrite. Thinking that your religion is the only one that is the "right one".

[sBF] That is not hypocrisy. The definition of hypocrite is claiming to be something you aren't. But I guess you will say that I'm not a Christian. You can believe that if you want, but I know the One who loves me and gave his life for me. When I say that Christianity is the "right one," I am only repeating what Jesus said. "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me." (John 14:6). Your argument is not with me, but him. Whether I believe that or not, he said it. So call him the hypocrit if you want.

I am already familiar with Jesus, and here, just to make sure you "get" the picture, let me put it to you this way. If he did live, he was/is a pathetic, evil, biggoted man/god, I'll take an eternal fry. I hate your Jesus, and regardless to what that piece of crap bible that you adhere to says...... I DO NOT BELIEVE ANY OF IT!! It has ZERO AUTHORITY over me. I don't need your savior, nor do I want your savior.

[sBF] OK, I fully understand that you want no part of Jesus.

That is not hypocrisy.  The definition of hypocrite is claiming to be something you aren't. 

Not quite. I could tell people I'm a doctor. I'm not. Am I a hypocrite? No....I'm just a liar.

http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dicti...entry/hypocrisy

hy·poc·ri·sy    (h-pkr-s) KEY 

NOUN:

pl. hy·poc·ri·sies

1.  The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.

2.  An act or instance of such falseness.

But I guess you will say that I'm not a Christian.  You can believe that if you want, but I know the One who loves me and gave his life for me. When I say that Christianity is the "right one," I am only repeating what Jesus said.  "I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father but by me." (John 14:6). Your argument is not with me, but him.  Whether I believe that or not, he said it.  So call him the hypocrit if you want.

Okay......Jesus was a hypocrite (the "tone" of your quote felt pretty "I dare you".....hmm. I'm still not struck by lightning). I'm at work so I can't pull verses, bet someone else could though.

First, I don't have a "religion," but a personal relationship with my Creator. 

Yeah! We have a new leader in the contest to see which christian can use the greatest number of canned postulatory christian phrases. Savedbyfilth, oh, I mean savedbyfaith just reached 219 - a new leader!

SBF: If you can just give us a few more by the end of the week, you are well poised to win a genuine imitation leather bound New World Translation bible! :clap:

[sBF]  When I say that Christianity is the "right one," I am only repeating what Jesus said.  "I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father but by me." (John 14:6). Your argument is not with me, but him.  Whether I believe that or not, he said it.  So call him the hypocrit if you want.

No. In this I MUST correct you.

Our arguments ARE in fact with YOU. We don't believe in "Jesus". I would not be so insane as to "argue", or be angry with, "someone" I don't believe exists.

I will no more call "Jesus" a hypocrit, than I will call Santa Claus unfair for not bringing me a "GI Joe with a Kung Fu grip".

Stop being silly. :loser:

:lmao::lmao::lmao: What a piece of work, hypocrite. Thinking that your religion is the only one that is the "right one". I am already familiar with Jesus, and here, just to make sure you "get" the picture, let me put it to you this way. If he did live, he was/is a pathetic, evil, biggoted man/god, I'll take an eternal fry. I hate your Jesus, and regardless to what that piece of crap bible that you adhere to says...... I DO NOT BELIEVE ANY OF IT!! It has ZERO AUTHORITY over me. I don't need your savior, nor do I want your savior.

[sBF] Ok, ok, I get the picture. I don't think I've ever seen anyone with so much anger and hate in their heart. Is there something or someone that you really love? How about Hillary? :-)

Yeah! We have a new leader in the contest to see which christian can use the greatest number of canned postulatory christian phrases. Savedbyfilth, oh, I mean savedbyfaith just reached 219 - a new leader!

SBF: If you can just give us a few more by the end of the week, you are well poised to win a genuine imitation leather bound New World Translation bible! :clap:

[sBF] How about a gift certificate. I already have two JW Bibles :-)

No. In this I MUST correct you.

Our arguments ARE in fact with YOU. We don't believe in "Jesus". I would not be so insane as to "argue", or be angry with, "someone" I don't believe exists.

[sBF] Excuse me? That is precisely why you hate him. In your heart you know he really does exists. "Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of the light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light (Jesus), and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed." (John 3:19,20)