Goodbye Jesus

Definition of Sin

Ouroboros

Stalin never tortured anyone either... He just allowed them to be sent to the gulags to be tortured instead. They must have wanted to be sent there, since they wouldn't obey Stalin's rules.

Since we rightly point out that Stalin was the cause of that torture, then God "allowing them to go to hell" is exactly the same thing.

[sBF] Wrong, my friend. Those poor souls whom Stalin had tortured had no control over their fate. You do. You can choose to repent and turn to Christ. But your foolish pride is stopping you. "Before destruction goes pride; before the fall a haughty spirit." (Prov. 16:18) For God's sake, man, wake up and turn to the light.

Right... so all those who chose not to obey Stalin's laws had no control over their fate?

What part of "all those who chose" did you fail to understand?

You want to re-think that argument?

Thank you for showing two things...

One, God is an evil git who doesn't want to get his hands dirty. Two, you see nothing wrong with it.

You, and your religion, disgust me.

[sBF] Repent while you still can. I urge you.

Why? So that I can spend all eternity with a being that tortures people for eternity, and with people who see that as moral?

Go forth and fornicate with yourself.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Savedbyfaith

• Ouroboros

• Mythra

• crazy-tiger

Oh, that's it. I just ran out of patience with this ass-wipe, dick weed, brainwashed motherfucker.  savedbyfear:  kiss my fucking ass.  Eat shit and die. 

You fucking gonna tell us what language to use?  FUCK YOU.

This isn't your motherfucking website.  This ain't church, you pollyanna fucking sunday school teacher.  Bite me.  I've had it with you and your "I'm just trying to save all your poor souls from eternal hell"

Have a fucking clue, fuckchops.  We don't give a rat's ass about you or your make believe god.  You and your god have a nice life.  Fairly tale motherfucker.

Good.  Now I don't have to deal with your funky ass again.

:lmao: Go for it Mythra!

I made sure the quote was included here, so your beautiful language could be seen once more... :)

Oh, that's it. I just ran out of patience with this ass-wipe, dick weed, brainwashed motherfucker.  savedbyfear:  kiss my fucking ass.  Eat shit and die. 

You fucking gonna tell us what language to use?  FUCK YOU.

This isn't your motherfucking website.  This ain't church, you pollyanna fucking sunday school teacher.  Bite me.  I've had it with you and your "I'm just trying to save all your poor souls from eternal hell"

Have a fucking clue, fuckchops.  We don't give a rat's ass about you or your make believe god.  You and your god have a nice life.  Fairly tale motherfucker.

Good.  Now I don't have to deal with your funky ass again.

How about telling us what you really mean... :rotfl:

[sBF]  Cool it with your foul mouth please. 

What the fuck are you talking about?

Who the fuck died and made YOU god, assmunch?

This is OUR fucking world, and you're just renting.

What are you, a fucking hot-house flower? Need to be protected from "naughty" words?

Why should I (child of the devil that I am), be expected to comport myself as some namby-pamby, fuckwad Xian? YOU'RE the Xian! YOU watch YOUR fucking mouth!

Fuck off and die.

Don't like the abuse so far? Then FUCKING leave, jackass!

Fuck! I can't stand this shit. I know this probably counts as flaming and such, but I was baited! I'm going now. You guys handle SBF from now on. My fucking ulcer is acting up.

I just got completely fed up with this clown. He makes juvenile statements like Jesus being proved by Josephus and the Babylonian Talmud. Stuff that anyone who's looked into the origins of christianity for five minutes can debunk.

Then, when he gets called on his stupidity, he ignores it and goes right back to the "you need to turn before you burn" crap.

He claims to be able to think apart from the bible, but every single statement he makes is bible-based.

Dude never offered a single legitimate argument or original thought.

Dude never offered a single legitimate argument or original thought.

True. His entire argument consists of "The Bible says it's true, so it must be true! Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated or else!"

I mean, really. I wonder if he takes lessons from the Borg.

Guys, I don't think he's totally serious.

I suspect he's playing hardball for fun.

This might be a silly question, but I've got to ask it...

If Jesus brought this "new covenent" that supplanted the old one, why do Christians insist that we should still obey some of the laws from the "old covenent"?

Yes, and why did the Christian God have to make a new covenant? Did the first one fail? Did God miss the target first time?

IS THE CHRISTIAN GOD A SINNER :wicked:

If so, who is going to save him?

It's sad, but it's true, Vigile.

You can ask a christian about almost anything.  Like, "what do you think about subject X"?

And, their answer will be a thinly veiled, "well now, that's an interesting question.  According to the Bible"......

Allow me to share something here.

About 20 years age (long before I finally deconverted) a nice young lady asked me a question. I do not remember the exact question, but she wanted to know my opinion on some matter. And I answered by quoting a verse from the bible. Then she asked me the same question again, and once again I quoted the same verse. But she did not seem to get it, so she asked the same question third time, and I started to think: “What is wrong with her? - I have already answered her question two times”. But as a nice Christian, I just quoted the same verse for third time.

And the she said: Thomas, I did not ask you about the bible, I asked about your opinion.

That really made me think. I did not deconvert, but I stopped quoting the bible all the time.

What's a little foul language compared to killing babies which the Xtian god so enjoys?

Lev 24:11

And the Israelite woman's son and a man of Israel fought in the camp, and the Israelite woman's son blasphemed the Name, and cursed. Then they brought him to Moses. His mother's name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan. And they put him in custody, till the will of the LORD should be clear to them. Then the LORD spoke to Moses saying, "Bring out of the camp the one who cursed, and let all who heard him lay their hands on his head and let all the congregation stone him."

Damn. Glad we're under the new covenant. If not, savedbyfear would be picking up rocks as we speak to fulfill the word of the LORD.

Glad that "getting stoned" has taken on a whole new meaning these days.

Wrong, my friend. Those poor souls whom Stalin had tortured had no control over their fate. You do. You can choose to repent and turn to Christ. But your foolish pride is stopping you. "Before destruction goes pride; before the fall a haughty spirit." (Prov. 16:18) For God's sake, man, wake up and turn to the light.

Uh, other people don’t have this choice i.e. people in Bahrain, Iran, North Korea, etc. Besides, where do infants go if they die young?

[sBF] That's what those poor souls said just before the flood came and destroyed them all. Noah warned them for 120 years. You don't have that long. Repent while you still can. "....and whoever comes to me I will in no wise cast out." (John 6:37)

I don’t have to believe since the Bible has been rebutted:

24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

By rejecting Christ, in essence, you are telling God that you prefer hell, even without understanding how terrible it is.

Um, the existence of God isn’t obvious. No one chooses torture (that was the dumbest statement I have ever heard). I have said this many times, but I’ll say it again. A person’s actions are the products of genes and environment, neither of which the person can control.

Type this:

[quote=Savedbyfaith,Jul 22 2005, 05:00 PM]Is your user name symbolic?[/quote]
I loved the band. However, it's a nice mix IMHO (of religion and technology).

Result:

Is your user name symbolic?

I loved the band. However, it's a nice mix IMHO (of religion and technology).

I'm really sorry about that, but I just don't get it.  What do you mean [quote] blah blah blah [quote]

This doesn't translate well, because you missed the closing /.

SBF.... You're Breaking the 4th commandment, come back after sundown and don't forget to repent.

[sBF] How is that?

Guest Priapus

Meanwhile, I'm still waitin' on my Good Stuff from the Psalms. I've been abandoned, though it's not the first time in Christianland.

SBF.... You're Breaking the 4th commandment, come back after sundown and don't forget to repent.

[sBF] How is that?

You broke the 4t commandment by working on Sabbath.

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

According to the true tradition Friday night until Saturday night is the Sabbath.

The Catholic Church change the "Holy" day to Sunday, but mess up the Jewish tradition. Still in some countries (US), Sunday is the first day of the week and not Monday.

You're not supposed to do anything during Sabbath. I guess some of the more educated in Judaism on this site can explain what you can do and not do. But I'm pretty sure, posting messages and arguing in a forum, is not accepted.

[sBF]  How is that?

According to the true tradition Friday night until Saturday night is the Sabbath.

The Catholic Church changed the "Holy" day to Sunday, but mess up the Jewish tradition. Still in some countries (US), Sunday is the first day of the week and not Monday.

[sBF] Working? What is the nature of my work? Actually, the Sabbath has never been changed. Saturday is still the Sabbath. But the scriptures are clear that the early Christians met on the first day of the week, Sunday (Acts 2:1, 20:7). The Catholic Church didn't change anything. They merely affirmed Sunday. Even if they did, that doesn't mean the Sabbath was changed. There is no such thing as a "Christian sabbath." Sunday is the day when Christians assemble to worship, following in the tradition set by the early Chrisians.

You're not supposed to do anything during Sabbath.

[sBF] Jews are not permitted to do anything except stay home and worship, praise and teach the word of God to their families on Saturday. So for a Christian to come on a website and do the same is not improper be it on Saturday or Sunday. When Jesus said to take the gospel into all the world, he didn't exclude Saturday or Sunday.

I guess some of the more educated in Judaism on this site can explain what you can do and not do. But I'm pretty sure, posting messages and arguing in a forum, is not accepted.

[sBF] Arguing is not the best thing to do in any situation. But sharing your beliefs in a web forum on Saturday or Sunday is another matter, even if people disagree (which they should do respectfully).

Peace,

Savedbyfaith

I know this was directed at SBF, but in my defense, if biblegod were real...I would choose eternal torture rather than spend eternity worshipping that evil monster. I could and have obeyed most of the commands but the most important one is to love the evil monster deity.....cannot find it within myself to love him even just a little bit.

[sBF] I know this will probably make you mad, but I will pray for you :-)

You may pray for us, but how do you know there is any response from your God?

You don't even know if our apostacy is not all part of his "will", do you?

What gives you the authority to interfere?

The Catholic Church changed the "Holy" day to Sunday, but mess up the Jewish tradition. Still in some countries (US), Sunday is the first day of the week and not Monday.

[sBF]  Working?  What is the nature of my work?  Actually, the Sabbath has never been changed.  Saturday is still the Sabbath.  But the scriptures are clear that the early Christians met on the first day of the week, Sunday (Acts 2:1, 20:7).  The Catholic Church didn't change anything. They merely affirmed Sunday.  Even if they did, that doesn't mean the Sabbath was changed.  There is no such thing as a "Christian sabbath." Sunday is the day when Christians assemble to worship, following in the tradition set by the early Chrisians. 

You're not supposed to do anything during Sabbath.

[sBF]  Jews are not permitted to do anything except stay home and worship, praise and teach the word of God to their families on Saturday.  So for a Christian to come on a website and do the same is not improper be it on Saturday or Sunday.  When Jesus said to take the gospel into all the world, he didn't exclude Saturday or Sunday. 

I guess some of the more educated in Judaism on this site can explain what you can do and not do. But I'm pretty sure, posting messages and arguing in a forum, is not accepted.

[sBF]  Arguing is not the best thing to do in any situation.  But sharing your beliefs in a web forum on Saturday or Sunday is another matter, even if people disagree (which they should do respectfully).

Peace,

Savedbyfaith

Actually, I think you do work just by turning on the computer, and sitting down and writing. You better check with an orthodox Judaist, to check that you're not commiting a sin that you didn't know about.

Right... so all those who chose not to obey Stalin's laws had no control over their fate? What part of "all those who chose" did you fail to understand?

[sBF] If their principles were such that they would rather face torture, then they were willing to endure something over which they had no control. The same applies with God. You can abide by your principles, and then suffer eternal punishment. So, you're premise is right, but all I was referring to was that they had no control over the torture once it started.

Why? So that I can spend all eternity with a being that tortures people for eternity, and with people who see that as moral?

[sBF] Again, the "torture," as you call it, is self inflicted and the person being tortured chose that. Why would you be angry with God for letting someone have exactly what they wanted?

all sin is is ignorance. Thats it. Fear drives people to be angry, to hate, to be greedy and many more of these "negative emotions" that would seem to be sinful. All fear is is ignorance of an outcome. Universal Karma is the only punishment in my opinion. Every one gets what they give sontetime in their life. For example, Stalin was A very fearful man and caused the destruction of several million of his own people. Something thats a little less known is, when Stalins assistants went into his room, they found him on the floor in agony saying "help me!"he died not to long after. I believe every wrongdoer gets their payback (no matter how korny that sounds :grin: ) even if its just in their conscience.

Again, the "torture," as you call it, is self inflicted and the person being tortured chose that.  Why would you be angry with God for letting someone have exactly what they wanted?

Are you ever going to learn to use the "quote" feature? Seriously, it takes two seconds and it would make your posts that much easier to read.

Does a woman who has the "choice" between getting her head blown off and giving a mugger all her money have a self-inflicted robbery (or shot to the face)?

A choice between equally unappeasing options is no choice at all.

Right... so all those who chose not to obey Stalin's laws had no control over their fate?  What part of "all those who chose" did you fail to understand?

[sBF] If their principles were such that they would rather face torture, then they were willing to endure something over which they had no control. The same applies with God. You can abide by your principles, and then suffer eternal punishment. So, you're premise is right, but all I was referring to was that they had no control over the torture once it started.

You know, you're right...

Stalin's victims had no control over the torture once it'd started, and for that we rightly call him evil.

When God casts people down for torture, his victims will have no control over the torture. For this, I rightly call him evil.

Again, the "torture," as you call it, is self inflicted and the person being tortured chose that. Why would you be angry with God for letting someone have exactly what they wanted?

So you would also argue that Stalin let his victims have exactly what they wanted, that the torture inflicted on his victims was self-inflicted and the person being tortured chose to be tortured... Are you really saying that what Stalin did was perfectly fine by your standards?

You are really starting to make me feel sick just knowing that you're human...

You may pray for us, but how do you know there is any response from your God?

[sBF] I don't know. All he has called his children to do is pray and leave the results to him. No one knows when or how God will respond to some prayers. But sooner or later, his response will be made known to the one who prayed. In the meanitme, all the Christian can do is share what he believes to be true, and share it in love.

You don't even know if our apostacy is not all part of his "will", do you?

[sBF} Don't be negative. Think more positively that God has a wonderful plan for your life if you will let him show it to you (Jer. 29:11).

What gives you the authority to interfere?

[sBF] Not what, but who. God does:-) It's his will that all men come into a personal relationship with him through His Son Jesus Christ and find eternal life (John 6:40). That is his plan for you. Do you know how far away God is from you? A profession of faith. Don't think that God is not for you, or that you are not for God. He wants the best for your life and he will show it to you if you will just let him.

"Let the peace of God rule in your heart." (Col. 3:15)