Goodbye Jesus

Definition of Sin

Ouroboros

You are the instigator SBF. You hang up there on your own cross looking down on us with your arrogant attitude and then wonder why we become angry. You are a fool.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Savedbyfaith

• Ouroboros

• Mythra

• crazy-tiger

Guest Priapus
Oh please, Thankful. Let not your pee-pickin heart be deceived. If there was a way you could reach though your screen and pop me one, you would do it. The hate and anger that pours out of you, and most others here, is so thick I could drive a tank on it. Sorry, but I call it as I see it.

I think you're projecting. You're incensed by the assembly challenging your worldview and you're seething with rage, hence the obsession with visiting eternal torment on those who disagree with you.

So that is why you hate me?  Could it be that you're the one who is not listening?
No. I read what you say, and unlike you I have comprehension skills. It's clear from reading your replies to people that you don't. I don't actually hate you, I just think you're incredibly vapid and irritating.
Let's call them truth platitudes.
No. Let's call apples oranges!

I'll leave if you all want.  But you know what?  I don't think you really want that.
Of all the incorrect things you've said on this board, this is the most incorrect. Go ahead and stop posting, and watch how long it takes for us to forget you exist. You don't have any idea the contempt with which we hold your belief system here. This site is not hungering for the word, you're not a breath of fresh air or a light in the darkness. You're just incompetent, making a laughing stock out of your savior and reinforcing our disbelief.

[sBF] You can judge for yourself based on these testimonies and what the Bible says about hell. 

Most ideas about Hell is from the Hellenistic world view and not from the Bible. The Christian view of Hell is influenced by other religions and the Bible doesn't have much of consistent material to explain what Hell is.

Please, define Hell according to the Bible then.

[sBF] Loss of fellowship with God.  You cannot belong to God and expect his blessing in unconfessed sin and repentance.  This does not mean loss of salvation, rather loss of fellowship.

Why not? Because the Bible says so? The Bible gives a wrong and lying picture of God, so why should we act according to the Bible when it has the wrong information and gives the wrong image of God? Why is only the Bible right and no one else? What gives the bible the singular credence for being the sole dominating and unique word from the Almighty? The believers are the only evidence of it being legit, so if the believers don't act according to what the Bible says, then they are the living proof the Bible is wrong.

Do you love all your brothers in the Lord, or do you see yourself as a better Christian than some other Christians?

Do you love your neighbor as yourself and give him food first, or do you feed yourself first?

Do you give food, shelter and money to the poor, or do you just build expensive Churches?

Do you spend a lot of time arguing with non-believers about your faith, or do you spend all your time in prayer and mediation?

You don't give the evidence of a living God, but your personal idea of your own god.

Maybe because the people representing the group of people you're referring to maybe hurt her, and the explanation to their bad behaviour lies in the their belief based on a mythological book.

[sBF] I don't believe that for a second. True Christians don't go around hurting people. To the contrary, they are encourages and uplifting.

You have your independent look

[sBF] Independent "look?"

and interpretation of the Holy Book, but since you're not alone, and many Christians don't follow the book but their own sinful ways, they become really bad witnesses for their faith.

[sBF] It is true there are some Christians who are backslidden and not following the word. They are miserable and God will use whatever means to get them back on track. This doesn't mean they will lose their salvation, but they will forfiet the blessings of joy, peace and grace that would otherwise be theirs.

So even if your view of the Bible could be correct, you still would be very alone in the masses of Christians persecution people of different beliefs.

[sBF] You were doing well up until now. True Christians, even backslidden ones, don't go around persecuting people of different religions. You have that wrong.

Unfortunately most Christians don't read the sign, and they forced people to ride along in the car while they're driving. So no, I don't care about how good hearted Cal-trans are, but why the heck the driver insisted on taking this road, and then negelected to read the sign.

[sBF] Regardless, what a Christian might do, the sign is still there. Hell is a reality and must be avoided. Don't let the poor testimony or behavior of a backslidden Christian detour you from the truth.

Many Christians don't read the Bible, nor do they care to. Why is that a case if they truly believe the Bible be the handbook to survive their faith, and the key to go to Heaven? Read the Bible and survive, don't read it and die! And yet people don't read it, but claim to be Christians.

[sBF] Reading the Bible is not "the key" of going to heaven (Repentance and faith in Christ is the key). But you are right, there are some Christians who are out of fellowship with God and other believers. I can tell you this because I've been there. I know what's its like not reading what I should be reading (Bible and other related books), not going where I should be going (church, prayer meetings, etc.) and not doing what I should be doing (Bible study, prayer, praise, worship, witnessing, etc.) Sometimes it can go on for years, but once you belong to God, he will bring you around, for he will never leave us or forsake us (Heb. 13:4). But I re-emphasize, they are still saved.

Something is out of phase between fiction and reality here. If the Bible was true, it would be in phase, or synchronized, with peoples attitudes and behaviour, and since it's not, something is not right.

[sBF] When you say "peoples," who are you referring to? I hope you're not making a broad generalization about all Christians. May I suggest that you read chaper 6 and 7 of Romans.

And you haven't headed the warning from the Quran, have you? So you're going to Hell as well...

[sBF] In my opinion, the Quran is straight out of the pit. (Nothing like boldy calling it as you see it :-)

He would be a monster if he was lying and inderectly causing many wars and many innocent peoples death.

[sBF] Yes, if he was lying.

I realized that you have no clue how to use the quoting, and to make it easy for you, I'm going to stop using it too.

Maybe because the people representing the group of people you're referring to maybe hurt her, and the explanation to their bad behaviour lies in the their belief based on a mythological book.

[sBF] I don't believe that for a second. True Christians don't go around hurting people. To the contrary, they are encourages and uplifting.

[HS] Not true. Unless you mean the only true Christian is you. There are Christians that hurt people. You can call them un-true if you want to, but then it's up to you to prove they're not true christians. Actually I wonder if you're a true Christian?

You have your independent look

[sBF] Independent "look?"

[HS] Every Christian have their own way of interpreting the Bible. You have one version of how to read the Bible and other Christians have other interpretations, there is not one way of reading the Bible, but millions of ways. So you got your own unique way of reading it, but it doesn't make your way the right one.

and interpretation of the Holy Book, but since you're not alone, and many Christians don't follow the book but their own sinful ways, they become really bad witnesses for their faith.

[sBF] It is true there are some Christians who are backslidden and not following the word. They are miserable and God will use whatever means to get them back on track. This doesn't mean they will lose their salvation, but they will forfiet the blessings of joy, peace and grace that would otherwise be theirs.

[HS] So true. The whole Catholic Church was backsliding between 350 CE until 1700 CE. Lots of time to catch up on. The Spanish Inquisition is not a good testimony, neither is the Crusades. Unless your a Jesuit...

So even if your view of the Bible could be correct, you still would be very alone in the masses of Christians persecution people of different beliefs.

[sBF] You were doing well up until now. True Christians, even backslidden ones, don't go around persecuting people of different religions. You have that wrong.

[HS] Ah. Yes your right. History is wrong. Damn, I knew it. The Bible is a true historical document, while millions of saved historical documents are totally lies!!! There are Christians killing people even today, in our world, right now. Maybe not in America, but in other parts of the world. I guess I can see more of the world with my head stuck in the ground than you with your nose in the air.

Unfortunately most Christians don't read the sign, and they forced people to ride along in the car while they're driving. So no, I don't care about how good hearted Cal-trans are, but why the heck the driver insisted on taking this road, and then negelected to read the sign.

[sBF] Regardless, what a Christian might do, the sign is still there. Hell is a reality and must be avoided. Don't let the poor testimony or behavior of a backslidden Christian detour you from the truth.

[HS] The truth is that there's not true Christians. Without any true Christians there is not true Faith. Without any true Faith, there is not true Religion. Without the true Religion, your religion is dead.

Many Christians don't read the Bible, nor do they care to. Why is that a case if they truly believe the Bible be the handbook to survive their faith, and the key to go to Heaven? Read the Bible and survive, don't read it and die! And yet people don't read it, but claim to be Christians.

[sBF] Reading the Bible is not "the key" of going to heaven (Repentance and faith in Christ is the key).

[HS] Very true. But still most Christians have never touched the Bible. You gave the illustration of the bridge, but with the Christian drivers, they don't read the sign that says the bridge is out and take a detour. They follow the words of the preacher and traditions, not the word of God.

[sBF] But you are right, there are some Christians who are out of fellowship with God and other believers. I can tell you this because I've been there. I know what's its like not reading what I should be reading (Bible and other related books), not going where I should be going (church, prayer meetings, etc.) and not doing what I should be doing (Bible study, prayer, praise, worship, witnessing, etc.) Sometimes it can go on for years, but once you belong to God, he will bring you around, for he will never leave us or forsake us (Heb. 13:4). But I re-emphasize, they are still saved.

[HS] Going to Church, Prayer meetings will not save you, and will not make you go to Heaven. You're preaching a tradition and orthodoxy but not true faith.

Something is out of phase between fiction and reality here. If the Bible was true, it would be in phase, or synchronized, with peoples attitudes and behaviour, and since it's not, something is not right.

[sBF] When you say "peoples," who are you referring to? I hope you're not making a broad generalization about all Christians. May I suggest that you read chaper 6 and 7 of Romans.

[HS] So you're allowed to make a broad generalization about apostates and agnostics, but I'm not allowed to do it about Christians? Thats arrogant.

And you haven't headed the warning from the Quran, have you? So you're going to Hell as well...

[sBF] In my opinion, the Quran is straight out of the pit. (Nothing like boldy calling it as you see it :-)

[HS] If it's not, you're going to Hell. It's you opinion against the truth. The Bible is straight out of the pit too.

He would be a monster if he was lying and inderectly causing many wars and many innocent peoples death.

[sBF] Yes, if he was lying.

[HS] Very true, he wasn't lying, since he never said anything. The story about Jesus was made up, and he never existed. A mythological person can not lie, since he never existed.

[sBF] In my opinion, the Quran is straight out of the pit.  (Nothing like boldy calling it as you see it :-)

Unfortunately for you, there's just as much proof for the validity of the Quran as there is for the Bible...

But, since you won't pay attention to this unless I persecute you in some way, I guess it'll just be ignored. :shrug:

Unfortunately for you, there's just as much proof for the validity of the Quran as there is for the Bible...

But, since you won't pay attention to this unless I persecute you in some way, I guess it'll just be ignored.  :shrug:

Actually to correct you a little bit, there are more proof of the Quran.

We do have secular historical accounts for Mohammed. He did exist as a person.

If he got the revelation from God or not, could be debated, but he actually did exist, while the historical accounts of Jesus are very flaky, inconsistent and basically lacking all together.

There are more evidence of Santa Claus than of Jesus.

sbf: I'm pretty sure that you are the most thoroughly deluded christian I've ever met. You'll have to start re-cycling the cliches. You've used every one that there is.

13 pages on this thread, and you have yet to say anything of substance or support the few feeble efforts you have made at proof for your mind-trip.

You'd have more credibility here if you quoted Homer's Iliad or Plato's Republic instead of the bible. At least we know who wrote those.

You talk about the four gospels. What about the other twenty? Can you say Nag Hammadi? You gonna take the roman church's word that these others are all heretical? Perhaps the gnostic gospels are the real ones and the historical gospels are the made up version. Or perhaps they're all a little excursion into creative writing. A bunch of second-century stephen king wannabes.

If you're gonna warn about bridges being out and the certainty of hell, you'd better find a different crowd. You just come off like a clown here.

Actually to correct you a little bit, there are more proof of the Quran.

We do have secular historical accounts for Mohammed. He did exist as a person.

If he got the revelation from God or not, could be debated, but he actually did exist, while the historical accounts of Jesus are very flaky, inconsistent and basically lacking all together.

There are more evidence of Santa Claus than of Jesus.

Makes my point even stronger...

Oh, thanks for the info.

Isn't it interesting that a person claiming that True Christians never hurt anyone, still with his obnoxious and arrogant attitude with complete lack of humility and respect, that he can't see how he's hurting people at this very moment!

So by his own definition, true Christians never hurt anyone, and since he is hurting people right now, that means that he's not a true Christian.

A what follows is that he doesn't have the authority to speak for Christian faith.

Most ideas about Hell is from the Hellenistic world view and not from the Bible. The Christian view of Hell is influenced by other religions and the Bible doesn't have much of consistent material to explain what Hell is. Please, define Hell according to the Bible then.

[sBF] Darkness, weeping, gnashing of teeth (Matt. 8:12)

Eternal punsihment (Matt. 25:46)

The fire is not quenched (Mark 9:48)

Maggots (Isa. 14:11)

Lake of fire (Rev. 21:8)

Second death "

Why not? Because the Bible says so? The Bible gives a wrong and lying picture of God,

[sBF] How do you know that?

so why should we act according to the Bible when it has the wrong information and gives the wrong image of God? Why is only the Bible right and no one else?

[sBF] The bible claims to be the inspired word of God (2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21)

What gives the bible the singular credence for being the sole dominating and unique word from the Almighty?

[sBF] The Bible makes the claim to be just that. It is up to us to read it and either accept it or reject it.

The believers are the only evidence of it being legit, so if the believers don't act according to what the Bible says, then they are the living proof the Bible is wrong.

[sBF] Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Yes, some Christians have left a bad taste in the mouths of non-believers. But don't judge the faith by the faithlessness of some. The bible is true no matter how a believer might act.

Do you love all your brothers in the Lord, or do you see yourself as a better Christian than some other Christians?

[sBF] Frankly, I tend to rate myself below.

Do you love your neighbor as yourself and give him food first, or do you feed yourself first?

[sBF] Yes, I love my neighbor and look out for his interests. I spend time with a poor black man trying to help him get on his feet financially and a man in a wheel chair who is home bound.

Do you give food, shelter and money to the poor, or do you just build expensive Churches?

[sBF] I support three ministries that reach out to the poor and starving. I served in our homeless minisrty which is not up and running at this time. I'm not bragging in any sense of the word, but it seems you wanted to know.

Do you spend a lot of time arguing with non-believers about your faith, or do you spend all your time in prayer and mediation?

[sBF] I don't argue. That accomplishes nothing. But I do present what I beleive to be true. I wish the participants in this forum treated me as I treat them. I do not spend "all" my time in prayer and meditation. I could spend more.

You don't give the evidence of a living God, but your personal idea of your own god.

[sBF] You can judge for yourself wiithout even knowing me or what else I do in my life.

Most ideas about Hell is from the Hellenistic world view and not from the Bible. The Christian view of Hell is influenced by other religions and the Bible doesn't have much of consistent material to explain what Hell is. Please, define Hell according to the Bible then.

[sBF] Darkness, weeping, gnashing of teeth (Matt. 8:12)

Eternal punsihment (Matt. 25:46)

The fire is not quenched (Mark 9:48)

Maggots (Isa. 14:11)

Lake of fire (Rev. 21:8)

Second death "

[HS] That's Gehenna, the ultimate death when this world is destroyed. It's not the current holding place which is called Hell. You mix them up. You know there are two different kinds. The first one, which exists now, and the final one where Satan and his demon will finally punished and thrown into for eternal damnation. Hell has only one description in the Bible, and Jesus doesn't describe it as a furnace or fire.

Why not? Because the Bible says so? The Bible gives a wrong and lying picture of God,

[sBF] How do you know that?

[HS] How do you it doesn't?

so why should we act according to the Bible when it has the wrong information and gives the wrong image of God? Why is only the Bible right and no one else?

[sBF] The bible claims to be the inspired word of God (2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21)

[HS] I claim I have the truth and the Bible is lying. So I must be right.

What gives the bible the singular credence for being the sole dominating and unique word from the Almighty?

[sBF] The Bible makes the claim to be just that. It is up to us to read it and either accept it or reject it.

[HS] And I make the claim of having the truth, and the Bible being wrong, so it's up to you to accept it or reject it. Your going to hell, because according to me, you're not a true Christian.

The believers are the only evidence of it being legit, so if the believers don't act according to what the Bible says, then they are the living proof the Bible is wrong.

[sBF] Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Yes, some Christians have left a bad taste in the mouths of non-believers. But don't judge the faith by the faithlessness of some. The bible is true no matter how a believer might act.

[HS] You will know the tree by its fruit.

[sBF] Frankly, I tend to rate myself below.

[HS] Your attitude proves the opposite.

[sBF] Yes, I love my neighbor and look out for his interests. I spend time with a poor black man trying to help him get on his feet financially and a man in a wheel chair who is home bound.

[HS] One point to you.

[sBF] I support three ministries that reach out to the poor and starving. I served in our homeless minisrty which is not up and running at this time. I'm not bragging in any sense of the word, but it seems you wanted to know.

[HS] Second point to you.

[sBF] I don't argue. That accomplishes nothing. But I do present what I beleive to be true. I wish the participants in this forum treated me as I treat them. I do not spend "all" my time in prayer and meditation. I could spend more.

[HS] But you do argue. You claim to have the only truth, and you base it on that you have the only truth. But you don't see that you can't argue that way, since I know I have the truth, and I say I have the truth and the only truth, so because I do then what I'm saying is true to you, that I'm telling you the truth. So repent.

[sBF] You can judge for yourself wiithout even knowing me or what else I do in my life.

[HS] You have already made several judgments, so I only follow your lead. You have judged that the Quran is false, I don't think any Muslim agree with you, and they would consider you judgmental. How can you judge people yourself, when you have never met them or know them. You don't even know me, but you think you do.

I feel sorry for you Sbf, 'cause you're delusional and living in your dreamworld.

No. In this I MUST correct you.

Our arguments ARE in fact with YOU. We don't believe in "Jesus". I would not be so insane as to "argue", or be angry with, "someone" I don't believe exists.

[sBF] Excuse me? That is precisely why you hate him. In your heart you know he really does exists. "Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of the light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light (Jesus), and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed." (John 3:19,20)

All right SBF. I can't take anymore of reading what you write. I have read the entire bible front to back, old and new T. I find it to be the worst piece of literature I have ever read and anyone who reads it and believes it is whacked in the head. I know very few people, xtian or non-xtian who would not want to live the rest of their lives with a person who tortures people daily. But xtians would gladly spend eternity with a "god" who will torture every person who ever lived who does not believe that "jesus" is "god" or the "son of god". Therfore xtians are very sick individuals. :ugh:

The Bible claims that the Bible is the inspired word of God, and you see no problem with such fallacious logic?

The Quran claims to be the inspired word of Allah. By your logic, that makes it just as much Gods word as the Bible. (remember, Allah is what the Quran says is God's name...)

If you don't accept that logic, then you've just refuted yourself. If you do accept that logic, then you must believe in the Quran or you are going to be sent to hell...

Either way, you've just made a huge mistake.

[sBF]  The Bible makes the claim to be just that.  It is up to us to read it and either accept it or reject it.

The Bible claims that the Bible is the inspired word of God, and you see no problem with such fallacious logic?

The Quran claims to be the inspired word of Allah. By your logic, that makes it just as much Gods word as the Bible. (remember, Allah is what the Quran says is God's name...)

If you don't accept that logic, then you've just refuted yourself. If you do accept that logic, then you must believe in the Quran or you are going to be sent to hell...

Either way, you've just made a huge mistake.

He didn't make a mistake, no, he was under the influence of the Holy Spirit (100% pure alcohol, oops sorry).

I had a discussion with some Muslims, and they argued Exactly the same way as sbf.

Q - "Why is Quran correct and no other holy book?"

A - "Because the Quran says it is the truth from Allah."

To bad that sbf can't see I'm the one telling the truth, and how do I know I do, because I say so!

Why do christians use a book that we don't believe in to try and prove things to us?

Savedbyfaith: Here is what it is like:

Here is an important passage from the holy scriptures that you should pay close attention to. This is from the inspired word of God. I know it's true, because millions and millions of people have changed lives because of it, and people die for this faith every day. Are you willing to die for your faith today?

"And behold! God will say [i.e. on the Day of Judgment] Oh Jesus, the son of Mary! Did you say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of God? He will say 'Glory to Thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would have indeed have known it. You know what is in my heart, though I know not what is in Yours. For You to know in full all that is hidden. Never did I say to them anything except what You commanded me to say: "Worship God, my Lord and your Lord'. And I was a witness over them while I lived among them. When You took me up, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a witness to all things.' " (5:116-117)

So, SBF, as you can see, the holy scriptures show that Jesus never claimed to be God. If you ignore these important warnings, YOU are the one headed for the washed out bridge and eternal damnation.

Don't believe it? Well, guess what? The same reason you don't believe it is why I don't believe what you say.

p.s. the quote is from the Q'uran.

Kinda reminds me of women who still love thier husbands that beat them.

The two most vile deities are the most popular religions. :-(

[sarcasm]Oh, but they must be...after all, they threaten people more than any other deity, and their threats must be taken seriously because the Bible and Koran are proof that they are real.[/sarcasm]

Guest Priapus

I had to take advantage of my Cycling Window and get in a ride before supper so I missed the rest of the fun. I'm still waiting for SaveByFaith to "show me the good stuff" from the Psalms. I was actually hoping for some BiblePorn from the Song of Solomon. We'll see.

Meanwhile it ocurred to me as I was riding the reason the "Guy declared dead, sees hell, comes back to tell about it" stinks hit me.

1. If he's alive to tell about it, he wasn't really dead. Sure, the doctors declare he was dead, but they were wrong, weren't they? I mean, let the guy be Lazarus dead, for a couple days, then have him come back and maybe. But for a few minutes? No, that just means the doctors need to refine their definition;

2. When my elderly grandmother lay dying in the hospital, she told me about a marmot she'd seen in the ER. She said it'd peeked out at her from behind the light fixture over the bed and she wondered where it went. The next day, after they'd moved her to a regular room, she wondered if it might find her and sure enough, she told me it'd peeked at her from behind the room's radiator. Now, she believed she'd seen the creature as sure as she was laying in that bed talking to me. I was certain, however, that not only would a marmot not fit in the light fixture, it'd get burned trying. Plus there were no marmots in that area and certainly not on the 4th floor of the hospital. Of course she'd hallucinated it, but I didn't challenge her, as it gave her some comfort to see the little guy;

3. When I was in the hospital last year with a nasty infection, I was on dilaudid a whole bunch, then I got Sister Morphine a few times during dressing changes and before going into surgery. One of the times going into surgery the smack hit my brain and I was certain I was riding in a polished steel sleigh, pulled by a brilliant white polar bear across a glistening white arctic snowfield and a beautiful woman wearing a fluffy, hooded, full-length white fur coat was driving the sleigh. I could feel the cool wind and the tingle of ice crystals on my face. Gotta love that morphine. Was she really there? She was for me.

4. Sure, there are stories of people having back-from-death experiences describing visions of hell, but why then are there also those who describe nothing at all or even scenes resembling reports of alien abduction? If the hell-boy's vision is real and hell or heavan are the only options post-mortem, then everyone who comes back to life after being "declared" dead should report one or the other, no exceptions. Or could it be that those who report seeing nothing at all are seeing the afterlife which awaits non-believers, just the peaceful, quiet sleep of death.

5. Could be the guy's lying to sell a story. Could be the guy believes it and some author with an axe to grind wants to put it forth to support his agenda. Could be it never happened and the story's a myth perpetrated by Christian fear-mongers.

Thanks, I'll take my answer off the air, Steve.

Sorry for being the uneducated here... :)

But what the heck is a marmot?

Kind of a big rodent....like a groundhog I think.

Guest Priapus

Marmot=Groundhog=Whistlepig.

In California the name "marmot" is most commonly used. There you see them primarily in the Sierra Nevada.

All right SBF. I can't take anymore of reading what you write. I have read the entire bible front to back, old and new T. I find it to be the worst piece of literature I have ever read and anyone who reads it and believes it is whacked in the head. I know very few people, xtian or non-xtian who would not want to live the rest of their lives with a person who tortures people daily. But xtians would gladly spend eternity with a "god" who will torture every person who ever lived who does not believe that "jesus" is "god" or the "son of god". Therfore xtians are very sick individuals. :ugh:

[sBF] I'm sorry that you read the Bible from start to finish and it didn't speak to you. Why not take one or two books, like Psalms or John and meditate on them? There are so many wonderful promises of God.