Goodbye Jesus

Definition of Sin

Ouroboros

Here's the test of true christians on judgment day:

God: "Tell me son, did you play with snakes and drink poison like I told you to, to show a sign of that which will follow the true believers?"

savedbyfear: well.... no... I didn't believe that part of your word.

AAAAH! (buzzer sound, like when you get a wrong answer on Jeopardy)

Elevator down, please.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Savedbyfaith

• Ouroboros

• Mythra

• crazy-tiger

Heh? You said wha'? Hehe! You did! HEHEHE! HAHAHAHAHAHA! :lmao: EXACTLY! WE DON'T BELIEVE IT'S REAL!!!

[sBF] Neither did the rich man until he died. (Luke 16:23,24). Again, I urge you to repent and save yourself.

[sBF] Not when it comes to being right with him.

Oh? Depends on which sect you ask. Depends on which verse you read.

I won't get into a debate over the differences between various groups of "true believers" though. It has been done to death on this site and I'm not patient enough to dig back through the bible to argue my case, so I'll let it go.

[sBF] Neither did the rich man until he died. (Luke 16:23,24). Again, I urge you to repent and save yourself.

Good one! :lmao::lmao:

Reminds me of the dude on the sidewalk with the wild look in his eyes - "repent! the end is near!"

Shit, there is just too much humor here this morning.

[sBF] Allah is not God. God has a Son whose name is Jesus Christ. I have asked many times for your understanding of John 6:39, 10:28,29 and 18:9. How about now :-)

You missed her point.

You argue for god, Muslims argue for Allah. You argue for your book, they argue for theirs. You both use similar logic to justify your belief in the "true" god. You both think that yours is the correct book. Why are you right and they wrong?

You can't say because the bible told me so, they and we don't believe the bible. They can just say that the Koran told them so. Indeed, the bible cannot logically vouch for its own validity. If it can, then so can I. Here: "I'm god." I've done great and magnificent things. I hate those I love with passion. There. I said it, you must believe it.

Doesn't work so well does it?

Thankful argued that every peice of logic you use to justify your belief in god and in the bible can be applied equally to Muslims and the Koran. If you have an exception to this rule, please present it.

I think I'll go all the way through the post and see how many times savedbyfear has mentioned hell.

Takes it for granted that we all, deep in our hearts, knows he's telling the truth.

This dude wins the prize for the most thoroughly brainwashed thumper we've had yet.

Gee, I'm all a-quiver. :fdevil::lmao::fdevil::lmao:

Here's the test of true christians on judgment day:

God: "Tell me son, did you play with snakes and drink poison like I told you to, to show a sign of that which will follow the true believers?"

[sBF] Still don't get it, eh? Not saved by works :-) The truth is, in the greek (Mark 16:18) the first two clauses may be understood as conditional with the third clause as the conclusion. Thus, it would be rendered as if they were compelled to pick up snakes with their hands, or compelled to drink deadly poison. Surely, not even ex-christians would believe that someone would intentionally pick up serpents and drink poison. Or do they?

There are others who believe the verse is metaphorical. The serpents are false teachers and poison is their deadly teachings. Any believer who hears false teaching will not be harmed by it, unlike non-believers who will. Jesus spoke of both, as did Paul.

I think I'll go all the way through the post and see how many times savedbyfear has mentioned hell. Takes it for granted that we all, deep in our hearts, knows he's telling the truth. This dude wins the prize for the most thoroughly brainwashed thumper we've had yet.

[sBF] Blood-washed, not brainwashed :-)

You argue for god, Muslims argue for Allah.  You argue for your book, they argue for theirs.  You both use similar logic to justify your belief in the "true" god.  You both think that yours is the correct book.  Why are you right and they wrong?

Vigile - this guys gonna say, "well, I know christianity is true because Jesus is the only one who came back from the dead"

The dude isn't even aware of the mountain of evidence showing that Jesus never was alive to begin with..

Stunning.

Heh? You said wha'? Hehe! You did! HEHEHE! HAHAHAHAHAHA! :lmao: EXACTLY! WE DON'T BELIEVE IT'S REAL!!!

Once more... It makes no mention that the rich man was sent to hell for not believing. It makes it quite clear that he was sent to hell because he was rich!

Why is it that I, an Atheist, know more about what the Bible says that you, a Christian?

Could it be because I've actually read it while you just have it spoonfed to you...

Whatever... you are doing nothing more now than trying to scare us into believing, (Pascals Wager) and that kind of tactic is nothing more that terrorism. :loser:

savedbyfear:

Here is a math equation for you to try and figure out:

Justus of Tiberias + Flavius Josephus + Philo of Alexandria + 65 miracles = ?

Ok Ok, I'll tell ya. It equals 0 Jesus.

[sBF] Allah is not God. God has a Son whose name is Jesus Christ. I have asked many times for your understanding of John 6:39, 10:28,29 and 18:9. How about now :-)

You missed her point.

[sBF] I didn't miss her point, I was only showing that God has a Son, therefore Allah can't be God. Islam doesn't believe that.

You argue for god, Muslims argue for Allah. You argue for your book, they argue for theirs. You both use similar logic to justify your belief in the "true" god. You both think that yours is the correct book. Why are you right and they wrong?

[sBF] For most, their death will reveal which one is right.

You can't say because the bible told me so, they and we don't believe the bible.

[sBF] I can say it, but that won't convince you. Again, your death will reveal which one was right.

They can just say that the Koran told them so. Indeed, the bible cannot logically vouch for its own validity. If it can, then so can I. Here: "I'm god." I've done great and magnificent things. I hate those I love with passion. There. I said it, you must believe it. Thankful argued that every peice of logic you use to justify your belief in god and in the bible can be applied equally to Muslims and the Koran. If you have an exception to this rule, please present it.

[sBF] If hell is real, will you agree that one's death will reveal the truth about which one was right? When it comes to judgment, both agree that hell exists. The huge difference is that they differ on how to avoid it. If the Quran is right, works will save; If the Bible, faith in Christ. The one who ends up in hell will know that his religion was not the right one.

Why am I not surprised?  SBF, can't even figure out how to use the quote function despite being taught several times throughout this thread, let alone comprehend my question.
Well, he did apologise for being a dunce... :grin:
I refuse to waste my time anymore on SBF, it's like debating a rock.

It is starting to get boring. When they start on the "turn or burn" threats, you know they've run out of reasoning and are trying emotional terrorism...

It's sad when that happens, since you know they've voluntarily lobotomised themselves for God. :shrug:

savedbyfear:

Here is a math equation for you to try and figure out: Justus of Tiberias + Flavius Josephus + Philo of Alexandria + 65 miracles = ? Ok Ok, I'll tell ya. It equals 0 Jesus.

[sBF] I can see math was not your best subject :-)

I refuse to waste my time anymore on SBF, it's like debating a rock.

EXACTLY!!!!!! THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG!!!!! :lmao:

Well, he did apologise for being a dunce... :grin: It is starting to get boring. When they start on the "turn or burn" threats, you know they've run out of reasoning and are trying emotional terrorism...

[sBF] You know where to find me if you want to be saved :-)

Well, he did apologise for being a dunce... :grin: It is starting to get boring. When they start on the "turn or burn" threats, you know they've run out of reasoning and are trying emotional terrorism...

Umm..."Second star on the right, and straight on until morning"? :Wendywhatever:

And that's the kind of attitude that results in people flying planes into buildings...

You're a lost cause... you've convinced yourself that you're right based on emotion, and you ignore any evidence that shows otherwise.

You have a brain, try using it...

savedbyfear:  Here is a math equation for you to try and figure out: Justus of Tiberias + Flavius Josephus + Philo of Alexandria + 65 miracles = ? Ok Ok, I'll tell ya.  It equals 0 Jesus.

Blind, deaf and dumb...

You're a poster-child for what happens when you put your mind in neutral.

Once more... It makes no mention that the rich man was sent to hell for not believing.

[sBF] Jesus said, "Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believe in the name of God's one and only Son." (John 3:18) Obviously, the rich man did not believe.

It makes it quite clear that he was sent to hell because he was rich!

[sBF] Gosh, I hope you're not rich :-)

Why is it that I, an Atheist, know more about what the Bible says that you, a Christian?

[sBF] lmao (laughing my apples off)

Could it be because I've actually read it while you just have it spoonfed to you...[

[sBF] Still laughing :lmao:

Whatever... you are doing nothing more now than trying to scare us into believing, (Pascals Wager) and that kind of tactic is nothing more that terrorism.

[sBF] If that's what it takes, then praise God

:loser:

[sBF] Winner in Christ. You can too if you will stop all this foolishness and repent :thanks:

Vigile - this guys gonna say, "well, I know christianity is true because Jesus is the only one who came back from the dead"

The dude isn't even aware of the mountain of evidence showing that Jesus never  was alive to begin with..

Stunning.

But he would then have to argue this from extra biblical evidence. Good luck with that.

Why am I not surprised?  SBF, can't even figure out how to use the quote function despite being taught several times throughout this thread, let alone comprehend my question.  I refuse to waste my time anymore on SBF, it's like debating a rock.

I think the quote function had a bug today. I couldn't get it to work in a couple of my own posts.

Hey savedbyfear -

Why don't you quote Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's writings to prove a historical Sherlock Holmes.

That'll get ya just as far here.

Hell. :lmao: Damn. I can't stop chuckling. :dead::fdevil::liar::lmao:

Blind, deaf and dumb...You're a poster-child for what happens when you put your mind in neutral.

[sBF] This must be my lucky day. First you call me human, and now I have a mind. Wow! Am I blessed or what.

You missed her point.

[sBF] I didn't miss her point, I was only showing that God has a Son, therefore Allah can't be God. Islam doesn't believe that.

Now how in the heck does that make a difference? It still comes down to a difference of oppinions about who is right and who is wrong. Your arguement makes no sense. So, my god has a son and a dog so he's better than your god/dog. Huh!

[sBF] For most, their death will reveal which one is right.

In other words, you have absolutely no reason to offer why yours is right and theirs is wrong.

You can't say because the bible told me so, they and we don't believe the bible.

[sBF] I can say it, but that won't convince you. Again, your death will reveal which one was right.

Convincing me is only a small problem with your arguement. You have no argument. Only threats and Pascal's wager. Well, I have news for you. You are taking that same risk with Islam. Hope you made the right choice.