Goodbye Jesus

Something that pisses me off.

Guest Zoe Grace

Ditto.  There have been some very stupid comments made by some people who apparently didn't think before they made them.  My rule of thumb is:  If you are in a heated discussion on a message board, take a few deep breaths and calm down before you post something stupid.  If you are having a kneejerk reaction to something, type it in notepad and delete it, and see if you still feel like posting it then.

I am not always happy with my posts believe it or not. Should I tatoo this on the backs of my hands in red? hehe!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• dogmatically_challenged

• Checkmate

• nightflight

What's funny is that most people in power are not necessarily the people with most wealth. Many super rich people decide to withdraw from society and its implications. They have a serious problem in Japan right now the young rich people with still a lot to give and help the progress in the corporations, they become rich so fast, and still so young, that they retire at 30-35! And what do they do, start playing golf and travel. So what's happening is that the people with brains and skills are not driving the business anymore.

What's funny is that most people in power are not necessarily the people with most wealth.

Yea. They got a big taste and want more and will manipulate the economy to make themselves and whoever they are connected to richer. Thier called politicians. hehe!

Well, this is a furball match!

Settle your issues and finish it. Anti Semitism is evil, alright?

Yes, it is evil! I decounce it.

I'm so sick of anti semitism. To the poster who spewed misinformation about Jews, you should know better.

I am not always happy with my posts believe it or not. Should I tatoo this on the backs of my hands in red? hehe!

Well, there is an edit button. A delete button would be cool.

I'm out of this discussion myself, I don't want to be labeled a person who hates Jews.  One last thing though, the practicing fundamentalist Jews still hold belief in an utterly violent religion that will end violently according to beliefs, just as Christianity and Islam.  All three advocate belief in a violent and evil deity, that will never be okay with me.

I'm a stickler for the best methods in doing or having confidence in anything. I hate the bible. Its the bible I hate. Thier holy books are flawed and should not be believed in more so than some other religions. MHO.

The 3 are almost the same to me as far as thier holy books go. But it's Islam and Christianity that I truly fear.

The thing that nags at me is that no jew I ever met called me sinner. Not one. They were willing to teach me no strings attached. I am still in the process of being tutored. I dunno. I like them even though I can't stand the O.T.

The 3 are almost the same to me as far as thier holy books go. But it's Islam and Christianity that I truly fear.

Ditto.

The thing that nags at me is that no jew I ever met called me sinner. Not one....I like them even though I can't stand the O.T.

Amen to that!

Ditto.

Amen to that!

I'm have mixed feelings about liberal xers. I have a thick skull sometimes, but I can kinda see where you are comming from in your assesment of the liberal xers.

I have to be careful, because I have an almost blind hatred for xers, with the exception of a very few, and still I hate that they embrace jesus. Maybe I'll see the big picture as I become an adult. I think I already got the big picture already though, but realize that can change.

Er, methinks you posted in the wrong thread.

Er, methinks you posted in the wrong thread.

Yea I know.

I lied!  I'm going to post even though I said that I wouldn't.  I totally agree with you on this.  It was Jewish Rabbi's that helped me while on my path to deconversion, I mentioned that early, on the first page. Same as you, NO strings attached.  I have absolutely zero fear of the Jewish people and have no animosity (sp) toward them at all.  The Bible is the only problem that I have.  Most of my post are critical of Christianity for trying to rip off the Jewish God but yet, I still call the deity YHWH "evil" and have no problem giving out those nasty and unjust stories written.

If I've learned one thing from this whole thread, something that really hit home.... Unless a Christian understands Judaism through the eyes of a Jew, no scripture will ever help them.  Til I'm blue in the face, I can say that they do not worship the Jewish God, but they will not have it.  Christianity can "claim" that they worship the Jewish God, but they don't. Christianity isn't of the Abrahamic Religion, not even slightly.

If what we have in our heads is garbage some one will correct us and eventually it will sink in...maybe. I agreed with you here in this thread. The thing that is flustrating is that there needs to be some dissenters who disagree with us and are willing to bring something to the table if they can, to bring a needed ballance. I am flustrated that pitchu might leave. How many granparents do we have here at Ex-C? Damn it.

Well, there is an edit button.  A delete button would be cool.

I can delete, but I paid for it... :)

I can delete, but I paid for it... :)

That does for me! I'll have some money next week. I'm gonna subscribe. There are other benefits as well.

I'm a stickler for the best methods in doing or having confidence in anything. I hate the bible. Its the bible I hate. Thier holy books are flawed and should not be believed in more so than some other religions. MHO.

The thing that nags at me is that no jew I ever met called me sinner. Not one. They were willing to teach me no strings attached. I am still in the process of being tutored. I dunno. I like them even though I can't stand the O.T.

Agree. But it's also interesting that most Jews don't take the OT stories to literal or historical as the fundie Christians do. Jews don't fight against Evolution because the Bible have a Genesis story, while fundie Christians fights for their lifes to get the literal interpretation of history according and fitting to the Bible!!!

What I can recall, isn't it pretty hard work to become a proselyte Jew? Several years of studying? And didn't it use to be that the Jewish community didn't want people to convert? Like in Jebus days I think people of the not-blodline, were not allowed to become a true Jew? Maybe some of the early animosity comes from envy in the Roman empire?

Agree. But it's also interesting that most Jews don't take the OT stories to literal or historical as the fundie Christians do. Jews don't fight against Evolution because the Bible have a Genesis story, while fundie Christians fights for their lifes to get the literal interpretation of history according and fitting to the Bible!!!

Yes sir. I know. But they have fundies too. I don't know what to think of the religion, so I will keep my stance while maintaing I might not be seeing the big picture. People should talk about these things and not be afraid though. Freethinkers can talk and if disagree, can agree to disagree. But I ain't at that point yet. I'm not totaly confident I have the big picture in regards judaism. Thats why I am being tutored by them.

What I can recall, isn't it pretty hard work to become a proselyte Jew? Several years of studying? And didn't it use to be that the Jewish community didn't want people to convert? Like in Jebus days I think people of the not-blodline, were not allowed to become a true Jew? Maybe some of the early animosity comes from envy in the Roman empire?

Yea but they need to educate the ignorant because of misconceptions. They know I'm atheist and will not ever be a religionist of any kind.

And some will encourage gentiles to embrace the noahide law if they come to them. I aint never seen prosylitizin from the jews. We have a small jewish comminity across the bridge and these folks just don't do that.

And you won't, they only believe that the gentiles need to obey the covenant that god made with Noah.  I was taught that the rest will be welcomed when the Messiah comes to "teach" everyone in the world.  Both Rabbis said that all a gentile needed to do was repent.  However, if a gentile WANTED to become a Jew, it would take YEARS of study before you'd be allowed and you would be required to obey all OT laws.  You can't just walk in and say, "Hey, I'd like to be a Jew!"  No, it doesn't work like that, it ain't no joke.

Yup! This is what I was told. I don't think judaism is a virus.

Yup! This is what I was told. I don't think judaism is a virus.

Very true. It's not like the religion fads in Hollywood. Actors can only handle a religion that takes 5 seconds to enter, and 5 years to screw up.

I have to agree, that I don't see the reason for board suicides here, and I am not sure what this new "atmosphere of hate" is. And to be honest, I dislike the tendency for people to jump to racist in discussions (this is not just a jewish thing, happens almost as often with blacks, Muslims, gays, etc). Yeah it is annoying.

As for their book celebrating things like subjugation and mass-murder, well, anchient culture, this was how to look tough back then, and not get taken over by your neighbors. Too bad that many hold onto this when it is not needed any more.

Yeah, I am tired of all the "poo-flinging" when certain "sensitive" topics get brought up, as well, Zoe.

Pitchu I just saw you logging on.

Please don't leave the forum.... :(

:Doh: GOOD GRIEF!! I go away for a few days and all hell breaks loose!

I read through ALL the thread, and I must say I am a mite bit surprised.

Surprised at all the threatened exits, and promises never to return. (That something offensive got posted doesn't surprise me. I do it all the time. Tee-hee!)

But come on, people! If we can't vent and say stupid shit HERE, then where CAN we say it?

Ah, well.

Zoe, if I'm understanding the point of your original post, (and if the hostile tenor of the participants is any indication), then I'd have to say you are dead on in your assessment. (i.e. Judaism IS off limits for ANY critique! As ANYTHING you say WILL be misconstrued as anti-semetic, and you will be castigated as E-ville.)

So now we know. Stick to lambasting FUNDAMENTALIST XIANS ONLY.

Everybody else gets a free pass from here on in.

Gotcha!

(Oh great! I just kicked over the fucking hornet's nest AGAIN! AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!) :lmao::lmao:

WHAT! You have something against Hornets? :vent:

Just kidding! :lmao:

(Darn it Thankful, you interfered and put a post between.

So... this post is to the poster above the poster above me!)

Are you sure about that, Hans?  :Hmm:   Madonna, Britney and other cohorts are making Kabalah a fad and I believe that Kabalah is somehow Jewish Mysticism... I think.

It truly is. But Kabalah is kind of a fringe religion, and we know how the hollywood style of religion is. They invented the Power Yoga for instance, do yoga under 5 minutes while eating your yougurt. Next thing will be power relaxing. Everything has to be done in 5 minutes. Maybe they have a Power Kabalah too?

I'm sure when Madonna gets a whiff of Judaism, she probably will invent a way of becoming a Jew within five minutes. :)

Maybe she even will write the Cliff Notes version of OT! :lmao:

Anyway. The Kabalah version Hollywood is doing is most likely a very hollywoodized version.

Wasn't Madonna into Buddhism or something before?

WHAT! You have something against Hornets?  :vent:

Just kidding! :lmao:

(Darn it Thankful, you interfered and put a post between.

So... this post is to the poster above the poster above me!)

How's it hangin', Han?

Hornets? Nah! Just waiting for someone to kick my skull in, that's all!