Goodbye Jesus

In And Out Of Faith

JayL

Guest ephymeris
Maybe I just don't get the humor of christards?

Another clue that it's a put on. This guy can't be for real. It's all too bizarre, even for a Christard.

(Why does "Christard" keep getting highlighted in spell check? It's a word, isn't it? I'm pretty sure.)

It's in my dictionary! Their weird LOLs always strike me as insane, like they're laughing manically!!

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JayL

• Ouroboros

• lunaticheathen

• par4dcourse

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Super Moderator

LOL out loud!

Christard is a word, especially for this hack. It claims high standards of proof, but runs when faced with completely contradictory facts. Like when I showed Jesus wasn't peaceful. Or when it refused to show it's "proof."

Fuck Christianity. Fuck Christards. I hope they die, while killing the muslims.

Christard is a word, especially for this hack. It claims high standards of proof, but runs when faced with completely contradictory facts.

..... nah he has probably just run off to his bunch of jeebus friends (or jeebus forum) to bragg and lie to them how he has the ex-C board in turmoil with his new scientific "god proof" for which they have no answers! :loser:

I don't like anyone threaten or wish people dead here. So please, can we tone that down a little?

Jaybird still hasn't shown up? I've got my crosses polished up and the local rectory on speed dial, awaiting his miracle proof of god.

Having the key to salvation and not revealing it to we poor sinners would just be downright rude, wouldn't it.

I don't like anyone threaten or wish people dead here. So please, can we tone that down a little?

People are just so emotional about religion. I attribute a lot of these anger to two things - SEX and HELL. Sex: I once had a college roommate who was brought up in a devout Christian home and he felt he missed out a lot on sex because of his upbringing. And that made him curse God in a terrible way. Sex is a powerful emotion and it can sometimes make people hate God and hate Jesus Christ. ( Jesus Christ, by the way, led very chaste life by all evidence and is most likely to have died a virgin. )

That is one and the other is hell. People think they have been misled and put in fear of hell by Christian doctrines. And they strike back in anger.

Well, I have been in and out of Christian faith, now back, for the third time. And my feeling is that there is no real reason to hate. Both phases have their ups and downs. Remember Saul who used to hate Christians with passion. And guess what? He became one. So if your feelings are very intense, you may end up in the other side! So perhaps it is better to be cool and rational. That way, you may stay as an atheist!

Christard is a word, especially for this hack. It claims high standards of proof, but runs when faced with completely contradictory facts. Like when I showed Jesus wasn't peaceful. Or when it refused to show it's "proof."

Well, our goal is not to kill muslims. It is to pray that they may see the truth of the Gospel message and become followers of Jesus Christ.

And I think overall, Jesus was a very peaceful person. He was certainly not accused of any violent crimes when he was arrested.

People are just so emotional about religion. I attribute a lot of these anger to two things - SEX and HELL. Sex: I once had a college roommate who was brought up in a devout Christian home and he felt he missed out a lot on sex because of his upbringing. And that made him curse God in a terrible way. Sex is a powerful emotion and it can sometimes make people hate God and hate Jesus Christ. ( Jesus Christ, by the way, led very chaste life by all evidence and is most likely to have died a virgin. )

That is one and the other is hell. People think they have been misled and put in fear of hell by Christian doctrines. And they strike back in anger.

And I think you're generalizing the problem.

What the hell did you expect? Of COURSE people are interested! I may be a diehard skeptic but I wouldn't grill every visiting theist here with those basic questions if I weren't still interested in finding out whether or not a god exists. If somebody's got proof (or as near it as possible), I want to see it.

I hope you will forgive me, sir, for believing you a liar and a troll, here only to manipulate us for your own amusement. (Either that, or else you're a Poe; if so, thank you for the practice.) And I hope you will forgive me for refusing to be your plaything one second longer.

Good day.

I am sorry to say that it is not that simple. Are you the kind of person who spends all time thinking about the nature of mathematics? Let me ask you this. What do you think mathematics is? How would you define it?? Have you heard of names like Peano and Cantor? I mean, are you interested in this kind of things? If not, the 'proof' will not do much good.

I am sorry to say that it is not that simple. Are you the kind of person who spends all time thinking about the nature of mathematics? Let me ask you this. What do you think mathematics is? How would you define it?? Have you heard of names like Peano and Cantor? I mean, are you interested in this kind of things? If not, the 'proof' will not do much good.

Why not let us be the judge? Refusing to share it just makes it seem like you either don't really believe it's a good proof or else you are being deceptive. Neither may be the case, but that is certaintly what you are making it seem like...

You don't have anything but the sound of your own voice which you seem to be very fond of. Another run-of-the-mill apologetic with nothing but his own ego supporting him. I'm out.

p.s. I understand differential and analytical calculus. You're blowing smoke.

Well, I have been in and out of Christian faith, now back, for the third time. And my feeling is that there is no real reason to hate. Both phases have their ups and downs. Remember Saul who used to hate Christians with passion. And guess what? He became one. So if your feelings are very intense, you may end up in the other side! So perhaps it is better to be cool and rational. That way, you may stay as an atheist!

Let me rephrase the first sentence so you may understand:

That is one and the other is The Boogie Man. People think they have been misled and put in fear of The Boogie Man by Christian doctrines. And they strike back in anger.

Are you still afraid of The Boogie Man? I outgrew that many years ago. It's sad when an adult still has childish fears.

Love, hate, love, hate. That's all you think there is? How about "It's all make-believe, and I neither love nor hate it. I'm completely indifferent to it."

When you can leave behind your imaginary childhood friends, your fear of the dark where The Boogie Man hides, and consider that the world is exactly as it appears, then you may understand why we no longer worship Puff The Magic Dragon. We don't love him, we don't hate him; We just don't believe it exists - or ever existed.

Let me rephrase the first sentence so you may understand:

That is one and the other is The Boogie Man. People think they have been misled and put in fear of The Boogie Man by Christian doctrines. And they strike back in anger.

Are you still afraid of The Boogie Man? I outgrew that many years ago. It's sad when an adult still has childish fears.

Love, hate, love, hate. That's all you think there is? How about "It's all make-believe, and I neither love nor hate it. I'm completely indifferent to it."

When you can leave behind your imaginary childhood friends, your fear of the dark where The Boogie Man hides, and consider that the world is exactly as it appears, then you may understand why we no longer worship Puff The Magic Dragon. We don't love him, we don't hate him; We just don't believe it exists - or ever existed.

I was talking about why some people get angry at Christians. Perhaps most of anger is from former Christians.

Being an agnostic and going by well established scientific facts - and perhaps some common sense wisdom from grandfather - is the most natural and rational way to live. I was brought up in a family with no religion. And I know that it is perfectly normal way to go. No imaginary childhood friends, no fantasy stories, etc.

And when we think about oppressive religions or cults, Jim Jones, Islam, etc. we have to be grateful for our rights to be non religious.

The burden of proof is clearly on the side of Christians who preach Gospel message if they want to proclaim it as an undeniable truth. But of course, for most of 2000 years, there was no proof. When Paul preached before Athenian philosophers, he was laughed out of the arena. Only a few were intrigued to ask more questions. On the other hand, some people did become believers based on other things - idealism, miraculous healing, something 'clicked' inside them to believe, etc.

I guess what I want to say is that people don't become Christians based on intellectual 'proof', even though it is a part of conversion. Otherwise only intellectuals will become Christians! Actually the picture is the opposite. Right now in America the most vibrant Christians out there may be athletes.

• Super Moderator
Pascal wager is the most rational argument I have ever read. I find it very convincing.

Is this a mind worth having dialog with?

I have a minor in Math, but I don't sit around reading about Giuseppe and Georg just for grins. I did in college however. Read about Math, that is. Cantor is something else entirely. Like Newton, who had really screwy beliefs, Cantor's religious beliefs and his insanity probably went hand in hand.

There is, still, a certain elegance and beauty in mathematical proofs. Extrapolating math into reality must be done carefully however.

You don't have anything but the sound of your own voice which you seem to be very fond of. Another run-of-the-mill apologetic with nothing but his own ego supporting him. I'm out.

p.s. I understand differential and analytical calculus. You're blowing smoke.

I don't have a proof that I can exhibit here. Let's go on to other subjects.

JayL,

I have a friend who has a math major. Would you care to share the proof with him?

I have a minor in Math, but I don't sit around reading about Giuseppe and Georg just for grins. I did in college however. Read about Math, that is. Cantor is something else entirely. Like Newton, who had really screwy beliefs, Cantor's religious beliefs and his insanity probably went hand in hand.

There is, still, a certain elegance and beauty in mathematical proofs. Extrapolating math into reality must be done carefully however.

Did Cantor go insane? I didn't know that. On Newton, he was NOT screwy. He was a devout Christian. - Unless you think all Christians are screwy. No. Don't answer that. LOL

I was talking about why some people get angry at Christians. Perhaps most of anger is from former Christians.

I'll grant you that. I would say that, to the extent that individual christians receive the brunt of the anger, that is probably not appropriate. It's like blaming the Nazi guard for the death of the Jews. Well, actually...

Being an agnostic and going by well established scientific facts - and perhaps some common sense wisdom from grandfather - is the most natural and rational way to live. I was brought up in a family with no religion. And I know that it is perfectly normal way to go. No imaginary childhood friends, no fantasy stories, etc.

And when we think about oppressive religions or cults, Jim Jones, Islam, etc. we have to be grateful for our rights to be non religious.

The burden of proof is clearly on the side of Christians who preach Gospel message if they want to proclaim it as an undeniable truth. But of course, for most of 2000 years, there was no proof. When Paul preached before Athenian philosophers, he was laughed out of the arena. Only a few were intrigued to ask more questions. On the other hand, some people did become believers based on other things - idealism, miraculous healings, something 'clicked' inside them to believe, etc.

I agree that logically agnosticism is the ideal approach, but at what point does the weight of evidence shift so that we should consider the agnostic position to be so tilted in favor of atheism that we should admit that there is "virtually" no possibility of gods, and therefore no practical benefit from belief?

To put it differently, are you agnostic about Quetzalcoatl? In all honesty, one cannot know with certainty that the Aztecs were wrong to worship this invisible feathered serpent (although how they knew it was a feathered serpent while being invisible is difficult to understand). Practically speaking, however, it would be foolish to believe that Quetzalcoatl is the fount of all knowledge and learning.

So while my honesty says we can't prove Quetzalcoatl doesn't exist (and didn't exist), I find it ridiculous to believe it. I therefore am a practical atheist with respect to Quetzalcoatl. I am also a practical atheist regarding every other god: Zeus, Thor, Rah, Aten, Yahweh, Marduk and Vishnu.

I suspect that we are both practical atheists with respect to these gods. Well, except for the one that you believe in for some strange reason. "On the other hand, some people did become believers based on other things - idealism, miraculous healings, something 'clicked' inside them to believe, etc." That is the perfect description of Islam.

It's a symbolic representation of reality.

Can we see your "proof" now?

JayL,

I have a friend who has a math major. Would you care to share the proof with him?

Well... you live in OC. If we can meet someday? I don't know...

I will just apologize and leave this controversy.

Yeah. kinda. But I was looking for another answer.

We will leave this controversy. Don't get me interested.

I don't have a proof that I can exhibit here. Let's go on to other subjects.

Slick as whale shit in an ice flow. Are you by chance a politician?

Yeah. kinda. But I was looking for another answer.

We will leave this controversy. Don't get me interested.

Chicken. :)