Goodbye Jesus

In And Out Of Faith

JayL

I realize there is a testimony forum....but I think it would be beneficial for perhaps a top ten list for Christians to read that is pinned at the top of each subforum of reasons "We left Christianity". It seems that so many non-believers get extemely worked up over not understanding their particular reason for leaving.....maybe part of the frustration of being "not listened to" while in the church.....I don't know. But, and regardless, a simple list, very simple, might be benficial.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JayL

• Ouroboros

• lunaticheathen

• par4dcourse

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking at their website, their organization is called "MacGregor Ministries", named after one Mr. McGregor. Do you know the guy? I don't. So why should you take their criticism seriously?

Looking at your name, JayL. Do I know you? Why should I take anything you say seriously? Why should I take your views and beliefs about some imaginary being, or your opinion about what would be the right or wrong interpretation of the Bible or Christianity, to be of anything but just... whatever?

My intellectual path lead me straight into not knowing anything. :)

:grin: I think you overstate things NotBlinded. But if you claim to know less now than you did when you were younger then I believe I understand through shared experience.

Legion! Nice to "see" you again.

Isn't it funny that when we are young, we think we have all the answers to life then we grow up and realize the stupidity of thinking like that?

There is knowledge everywhere and we can never possibly gain all of it. Who is anyone to claim total knowledge of everything much less claiming complete knowledge of the unknown?

Yet, there is something to this agnosia. Call it silent insight I guess. Truth? Maybe with a little "t". :shrug:

It's good to hear from you too NotBlinded.

I had many thoughts about what you've said here, but words seem to fail me today. :shrug:

I realize there is a testimony forum....but I think it would be beneficial for perhaps a top ten list for Christians to read that is pinned at the top of each subforum of reasons "We left Christianity". It seems that so many non-believers get extemely worked up over not understanding their particular reason for leaving.....maybe part of the frustration of being "not listened to" while in the church.....I don't know. But, and regardless, a simple list, very simple, might be benficial.

end, it might have more to do with the assumptions that Christians have over why we left than our particular reason itself. All Christians need to do is ask and they would be informed.

It's good to hear from you too NotBlinded.

I had many thoughts about what you've said here, but words seem to fail me today. :shrug:

That's okay Legion.

end, it might have more to do with the assumptions that Christians have over why we left than our particular reason itself. All Christians need to do is ask and they would be informed.

That's fine, assumptions. A small list easily read.......

1) The researchable facts didn't add up.

2) My ability to believe left for no reason.

3) We make good money with this website...I kid

4) We like to sin and are not afraid to...again, humor.

Would they even be read? This quack couldn't even read the whole post when I FIRST posted to this thread, saying I'm not atheist, I'm Pagan, and I never waffled on my leaving.

Most don't WANT to listen or understand.

That's fine, assumptions. A small list easily read.......

1) The researchable facts didn't add up.

2) My ability to believe left for no reason.

3) We make good money with this website...I kid

4) We like to sin and are not afraid to...again, humor.

No, not our assumptions, the Christian's assumptions.

1) You were never really saved to begin with

2) You were never a True™ Christian

3) Repeat 1 and 2 over and over ad nauseum

4) If above fails, repeat anyway

:P

You forgot:

5) You know God exists, but you hate him

6) You love to sin and couldn't do as a Christian

Or could it be that there are wide diversity in Christian churches and people can get hurt badly in some?

The problem lies not with the church, as much as Christians would like to think. It is with the religion itself and any other religion.

You can't imagine being a Hindu, because you weren't born where Hindus live. Nor could you imagine being Buddhist, Taoist or Jainist.

Of all the really stupid religions there are, Christianity takes the cake.

The belief that acosmic jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from you that is present in all humanity because a talking snake convinced a rib-woman to eat the fruit from a magical tree. yeah... that make sense.

Guest Valk0010

There is so much stuff to say about JAYL that I can't quote specifics

First of all, even if people had originally emotional reasons. They have been supplements by rationality and reasons unlike you with your use of pascals wager. Pascal's wager=chicken shit

You going to hell anyway if you look at the odds. I did have a emotional benefit of de-converting is saved my sanity, but what got me to de-convert was being show how similar all religions are to christianity, right down to absurd claims. Not you are just probably going to claim I just took a out when I had it, naaahhh I tried to convince myself otherwise when the thought there is no god kept popping in my head. I got as far as deism on re convincing myself there is a god.

But here is the thing since then I have learned way more and have been given more reasons to think of christianity as a joke. I don't just say ohhh I am going to be a atheist today or a christian the next. Its not like that at all if you care a bit at all about truth and its pursuit. If the facts change you may have to change. If somehow verifiably with no doubts left to possibly have, I found that christianity was proven true. I would follow the facts where they go. Not have a "In and out of Faith" to use your words. Don't flip-flop its disingenuous. But go have atheist phase why don't ya, maybe you will get some of the dogma out of your head. Not everyone on this site is a atheist. They don't recognize certain gods but there not atheists. a atheist believes in no god at all. If you believe in any god your not a atheist.

Why don't you have a muslim phase really. All it is christianity with some added peanuts. Truth operates outside of emotion or cuteness and majority. If it is that way for you then shut up read your bible and keep your crap to yourself.

I disagree. Christianity is one of the better ones. People have to wary of Islam, most of all. Islam 'takes the cake' in my book.

I disagree. Christianity is one of the better ones. People have to wary of Islam, most of all. Islam 'takes the cake' in my book.

No one, is the best one.

And yes, we have to be cautious about Islam. I don't like what I see happening in Europe. But I don't like some things happening here either (with Christians influencing the government). Why should the Church decide who can marry who? Why should the Christian Church decide the general population's choices?

I meant in terms of the theology.

Islam is the scariest, but it is truly a "monotheistic" religion. Christianity is polytheistic, and attempts to tie the entities together is disingenuous at best. You may as well describe Apollo as an "aspect" of Zeus. The Christian gods have different personalities, different functions and sometimes they sit next to each other, or on one another's hands.

Both are Abrahamic religions. Both sicken me. Judaism isn't my bag either, but at least they keep their crazy to themselves. Take a fucking lesson already.

Islam is the scariest, but it is truly a "monotheistic" religion. Christianity is polytheistic, and attempts to tie the entities together is disingenuous at best. You may as well describe Apollo as an "aspect" of Zeus. The Christian gods have different personalities, different functions and sometimes they sit next to each other, or on one another's hands.

True, I've noticed that before too. Christians are just frustrated Pagans, and are extra annoying when they hate on Pagans. Know that whole coming back from the dead thing? Cleansing for the purpose of being ready for the Divine presence? Yeah, Pagans did it first. And better, with real blood (from a bull, not humans, in ancient Greece).

YOU'RE WELCOME FOR YOUR RELIGION. Thanks for fucking it up. Assholes.

True, I've noticed that before too. Christians are just frustrated Pagans, and are extra annoying when they hate on Pagans. Know that whole coming back from the dead thing? Cleansing for the purpose of being ready for the Divine presence? Yeah, Pagans did it first. And better, with real blood (from a bull, not humans, in ancient Greece).

YOU'RE WELCOME FOR YOUR RELIGION. Thanks for fucking it up. Assholes.

You don't mean there is such a thing as pagan fundamentalist. LOL Looks like Christians strayed from the true pagan route.

Both are Abrahamic religions. Both sicken me. Judaism isn't my bag either, but at least they keep their crazy to themselves. Take a fucking lesson already.

How did you like my post about monotheism?

You forgot:

5) You know God exists, but you hate him

6) You love to sin and couldn't do as a Christian

Oh yes, how could I forget those? Especially number 5. That one really bugs me.

Islam is the scariest, but it is truly a "monotheistic" religion.

That is what I am saying. Monotheism is inherently intolerant and can easily become evil.

That is why I was so disgusted by this phrase 'Three Great Monotheistic religions' spoken by my fat Christian brother. I felt like puking.

No insult intended, but I think you need to look into the ones that don't sprout from the same tribal war-god.

No one, is the best one.

And yes, we have to be cautious about Islam. I don't like what I see happening in Europe. But I don't like some things happening here either (with Christians influencing the government). Why should the Church decide who can marry who? Why should the Christian Church decide the general population's choices?

Church is not deciding who marries who. It is just Christian voters are mostly against homosexual marriage definition. 80% of 'general population' may be Christian?? Hello?

No insult intended, but I think you need to look into the ones that don't sprout from the same tribal war-god.

I have nothing against Buddhism or other peace loving ethical religions.

That is what I am saying. Monotheism is inherently intolerant and can easily become evil.

That is why I was so disgusted by this phrase 'Three Great Monotheistic religions' spoken by my fat Christian brother. I felt like puking.

What?

I think you have some 'splainin' to do...

Please for all our sanity make sure you have an equal number quote and /quote.