Goodbye Jesus

In And Out Of Faith

JayL

I have nothing against Buddhism or other peace loving ethical religions.

Then why are you preaching Christianity as the only way to be happy and wanting people to come back to it?

huh?

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JayL

• Ouroboros

• lunaticheathen

• par4dcourse

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is what I am saying. Monotheism is inherently intolerant and can easily become evil.

That is why I was so disgusted by this phrase 'Three Great Monotheistic religions' spoken by my fat Christian brother. I felt like puking.

What?

I think you have some 'splainin' to do...

My view on monotheism:

Three Great Monotheism, I once heard a Christian proclaiming so proudly. He was referring to Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

And I had to laugh hysterically. What is so great about monotheism? Isn't that like saying, my God is the only God there is. And your gods are pieces of garbage??

Monotheism is inherently insulting and fascistic as far as I can see. I almost felt like grabbing that fat brother and say, 'Do you have any idea how many innocent Hindus the invading muslims killed in India??' Tell me, what the heck is so great about monotheism??' I don't think the guy had a clue.

Monotheists believe in one God. But I never met a monotheist who honored someone else' god! LOL It is always his god and no one else.

In reality, monotheists should be quarantined.

Of all the really stupid religions there are, Christianity takes the cake.

True, I've noticed that before too. Christians are just frustrated Pagans, and are extra annoying when they hate on Pagans. Know that whole coming back from the dead thing? Cleansing for the purpose of being ready for the Divine presence? Yeah, Pagans did it first. And better, with real blood (from a bull, not humans, in ancient Greece).

YOU'RE WELCOME FOR YOUR RELIGION. Thanks for fucking it up. Assholes.

You don't mean there is such a thing as pagan fundamentalist. LOL Looks like Christians strayed from the true pagan route.

One, you're retarded.

Two, if you knew a tiny little bitty bit about history and culture, you'd know there is no "one true pagan route", you fucking asswipe. "Pagan" describes a huge array of agri-centric beliefs and cultures. Christianity just happens to have stolen the high points of their religion (concepts of half-human half-gods, the ascension of these characters to deity, coming back from the dead, tortures of hell, holy communion, holidays, etc. etc.), from Hellenistic Paganism. I am not exclusively a Hellenistic Pagan, so your implication that I'm a "pagan fundamentalist" is fucking stupid. You know nothing.

LOL, shithead.

I have nothing against Buddhism or other peace loving ethical religions.

Then why are you preaching Christianity as the only way to be happy and wanting people to come back to it?

huh?

No, I am not advocating people to go back to church. I assume many of the church they have been to were not all that great. But Christianity itself, esp. The New Testament faith is worth considering.

Is it the only way to be happy?? Who knows?

Church is not deciding who marries who. It is just Christian voters are mostly against homosexual marriage definition. 80% of 'general population' may be Christian?? Hello?

A population encouraged from the pulpit by polemical religious leaders to vote one way or the other. Hello? Those leaders represent the Churches and they completely disobey the law.

Who suggested Prop 8? All those Christians? No, they voted for it, but some Christians think it's a good idea to put forward a Theocracy.

What gives you the right, or them, to dictate people's personal life? If it harms people, I can understand it, but do you seriously support religious based laws in this country?

How about Sharia laws. They're far more strict than the Christian ones. Why not implement those, and go for some of the Old Testament laws too. Let's put them on the ballot.

The problem is that Christians in this country have heard that they're supposed to rule over the non-Christians. They hear from the preachers that the sins of the non-Church-going-Christians are the reason for earthquakes, tsunamis, and tornadoes. So let's create some laws and we get rid of them.

Yeah. Right...

Monotheists believe in one God. But I never met a monotheist who honored someone else' god! LOL It is always his god and no one else.

I believe you completely lost me now. :Hmm:

I believe you completely lost me now. :Hmm:

Maybe he's admitting he should go away! :woohoo:

Don't know. Maybe he's admitting he's a polytheist?

Guest Valk0010

That would be a refreshing bit of honesty

Well, the trinity IS polytheism. I think it's cute when christards think believing in a trinity is still monotheism.

Maybe he's trying to be honest to cover up his arrogance?

My view on monotheism:

What the fuck are you on about? Sorry I can't wrap my head around what the hell you are trying to say:

Three Great Monotheism, I once heard a Christian proclaiming so proudly. He was referring to Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

And I had to laugh hysterically. What is so great about monotheism? Isn't that like saying, my God is the only God there is. And your gods are pieces of garbage??

What??? Do you even understand the term monotheism? "Three great monotheism" What does this ill-formed phrase even mean? Why did you laugh hysterically?

Monotheism is inherently insulting and fascistic as far as I can see. I almost felt like grabbing that fat brother and say, 'Do you have any idea how many innocent Hindus the invading muslims killed in India??' Tell me, what the heck is so great about monotheism??' I don't think the guy had a clue.

Dude what are you smoking? Christianity is monotheistic (by their definition). Are you not a Christian? You're saying that your religion that you follow is intently insulting and fascist.

I almost felt like grabbing that fat brother

Are you really that insulting? What's your problem?

So you honor every religion's god?

:freak3:

JayL -- is that name because you are posting from JAIL? Because you are a looney-tune who's been locked away? That's the explanation I am leaning towards for your posts.

This guy's (the OP) is just giving everybody the runaround. I think he's a big attention-sucking black hole. He's actually said nothing but taken a lot of words to do so.

That would be a refreshing bit of honesty

Or the evidence that he's a fake. :shrug:

• Super Moderator
Or the evidence that he's a fake.

I've worked out a mathematical proof that he's a fake, but I can't show you.

I apologize for not clarifying my position. I was just posting my ideas about monotheism. Of course I am a Christian and I believe in One God of the Bible.

What I am saying is that there is nothing 'great' about monotheism. Monotheists have bloody history of genocides and oppression - partially because of this conception of only one God. ( Hint, hint, Their God. )

My view on monotheism:

What the fuck are you on about? Sorry I can't wrap my head around what the hell you are trying to say:

What??? Do you even understand the term monotheism? "Three great monotheism" What does this ill-formed phrase even mean? Why did you laugh hysterically?

Well, this phrase, 'Three Great monotheism' is everywhere. It wasn't just this fat brother who spoke it. You see this in textbooks, magazines, etc. And nobody stops to think about what it means. I think people in America just takes pride in mentioning ' Judaism, Christianity, Islam', Three Great Monotheistic faiths, and never stop to think what the heck they are talking about. We are talking ethnic genocides, military conquests, religious oppressions, and non stop religious wars BETWEEN these three 'Great Monotheistic faiths' !!!

I mean, if you stop to think about it, it is such a stupid, fascistic phrase, people should puke.

My question is still, " What is so great about monotheism?? ' My fat Christian brother could not answer and I doubt many people out there can.

Guest Valk0010

My view on monotheism:

Well, this phrase, 'Three Great monotheism' is everywhere. It wasn't just this fat brother who spoke it. You see this in textbooks, magazines, etc. And nobody stops to think about what it means. I think people in America just takes pride in mentioning ' Judaism, Christianity, Islam', Three Great Monotheistic faiths, and never stop to think what the heck they are talking about. We are talking ethnic genocides, military conquests, religious oppressions, and non stop religious wars BETWEEN these three 'Great Monotheistic faiths' !!!

I mean, if you stop to think about it, it is such a stupid, fascistic phrase, people should puke.

My question is still, " What is so great about monotheism?? ' My fat Christian brother could not answer and I doubt many people out there can.

Need I remind you Christianity is a monotheism, and you can also look at the crimes of the Old testament, if a human did what Jehovah commanded he would have been shot for warcrimes.

And if your going to say God was just operating for the framework of the era

I will reply by saying this

That means you support that kind of behavior now because that god is still around and capable of such a deed

Why do you keep calling him fat?

How does this phrase incite war?

The phrase is not everywhere.

Christianity is monotheistic.

What is the chemical formula of the substance you are smoking?

Hmm JayL.

So god is an insurance policy for you, you hate islam, you think people who read things regarding christianity should no be so serious and stoic, and you are incapable of love without some kind of allegiance to a church or "christianity".

Very shallow mate. Sounds like you will make a perfect christian.

Or the evidence that he's a fake.

I've worked out a mathematical proof that he's a fake, but I can't show you.

lmao_99.gif

Actually charismatic churches do primarily appeal to emotions. But I would not say that Christianity is mostly an emotional thing. There is a strong pseudo-intellectual side to it as well.

Fixed

Fuck Christianity. Fuck Christards. I hope they die, while killing the muslims.

I don't like anyone threaten or wish people dead here. So please, can we tone that down a little?

People are just so emotional about religion. I attribute a lot of these anger to two things - SEX and HELL. Sex: I once had a college roommate who was brought up in a devout Christian home and he felt he missed out a lot on sex because of his upbringing. And that made him curse God in a terrible way. Sex is a powerful emotion and it can sometimes make people hate God and hate Jesus Christ. ( Jesus Christ, by the way, led very chaste life by all evidence and is most likely to have died a virgin. )

That is one and the other is hell. People think they have been misled and put in fear of hell by Christian doctrines. And they strike back in anger.

Well, I have been in and out of Christian faith, now back, for the third time. And my feeling is that there is no real reason to hate. Both phases have their ups and downs. Remember Saul who used to hate Christians with passion. And guess what? He became one. So if your feelings are very intense, you may end up in the other side! So perhaps it is better to be cool and rational. That way, you may stay as an atheist!

First, sorry to Ouroboros. I'll try to keep a lid on my anger.

Second, my anger has nothing to do with sex, or hell. I have plenty of sex, and no fear of your boogey man. I'm angry because I have been mentally tortured and ABUSED by christians and christianity. And your goddamn motherfucking ARROGANCE. YOU piss me off because YOU think you know what I believe, and fuckwad, you DO NOT. I am not an atheist. I am a Pagan. Learn the fucking difference before you shoot your fucking mouth off.

I WILL NEVER BE CHRISTIAN AGAIN. I am not a waffler like you. I have been out for TEN YEARS. I never looked back, NOT ONCE, or did you miss that post I made on this very thread telling you that? Jay, I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. You're an arrogant little prick, and one of many reasons I left your death cult. And Saul (Paul) was a fucking nutcase. Before AND after conversion. He kept the same hateful Abrahamic god too. I reject the Abrahamic god, and listen up, he's not the only god in town. You just think so because your childish religion has painted the whole world in black and white. It's not christian OR atheist, fucko.

Your view of this world is so myopic, I should pity you, but really, your arrogance and fetish for a used car salesman just pisses me off all over again.

First I wish you calm and peace. Despite some bad churches, and some bad Christians, Christianity as whole is not THAT bad.

But how did you escape from that mental torture and abuse?? Was it your intellectual questioning? Or your interest in paganism??

Dude, you don't know what her experiences have been and it's clear you don't understand that her problem with xianity reaches far beyond just her own personal experience with it. It's pretty offensive to tell a victim of the holocaust that Naziism isn't that bad wouldn't you agree? Can you see how your response here might not be perceived as equally offensive to lunaticheathen?

BTW, here's a question for you. Assume for the point of argument that the hell doctrine is incorrect and that there is no hell. Would it not then be child abuse to teach your children to live in fear of it?

Of all the really stupid religions there are, Christianity takes the cake.

I disagree. Christianity is one of the better ones. People have to wary of Islam, most of all. Islam 'takes the cake' in my book.

They both suck. Which one is worse is purely subjective.

BTW, you do realize you are talking to a board likely more familiar with your own faith than you are do you not? I was an xian for over 20 years and I spent 8 years examining it before I could finally call myself an atheist. Others here have similar or even more extreme experiences. And your response to all our hard work and in depth study is "it's not that bad" and "Jesus is a good guy". It's simply not going to cut it my man.

Anyway, you seem like a nice person and even genuine in your simplicity. Personally I like you from the little I've gotten to know you here.

Wow! you ex-christians are so tolerant! I need to work on that skill!

I've had very little practice, what with all those years in Christianity.