Goodbye Jesus

In And Out Of Faith

JayL

<< Right. He created us. He caused it (he's the First Cause... or isn't he?

And now he wants to punish us for his crappy design. >>

It is not the way you think. The problem is that God made man too well. Man is actually quite exalted in God's scheme of things. Man is actually made 'in the image of God'.

In what part?

Having a spirit, like the angels and Satan?

Having a free will, like Satan?

Being eternal, like Satan?

Being omnipotent, omniscient, benevolent, and non-temporal? Eh, no, we didn't get that part.

Being a dick? Yeah, most Christians are in his likeness.

I see now that some people are not even willing to learn even when good information is presented!

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JayL

• Ouroboros

• lunaticheathen

• par4dcourse

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<< This has GOT to be a scam. Nobody's that fucked up.

I thought the same thing when I read this. If it is he kept a damn good poker face for longer than I ever could/would have. >>

You guys have just very closed mind, that's all.

26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.

I could go on, but I'm bored.

You are taking things out of context and you simply don't know what you are talking about.

The context is that the Christians should not worry about tomorrow. God will feed them and take care of them because he knows what they need.

Starving children in Africa... well, if they're Christian, they shouldn't worry about food.

Or, perhaps you mean the context was that those verses was only for the disciples at that time, or the Jews, or the Pharisees, or the bloogaboogas in the bushes, but not humanity as a whole, and definitely not the starving children today.

You know, I think John 3:16 was only for the Jews of that day too. When Jesus talked about absolutes and everyone and it only applies to Jews of that time, then all other verses would follow the same rule. Why would it not?

Maybe you only know through the Holy Spirit? Right? So you will know which verse is literal and which one is metaphorical, and you will know which one applies only to the Jews of that time and which one applies to you or all humanity. Cool. Voices in your head dictates the truth.

I see now that some people are not even willing to learn even when good information is presented!

No. The table is reversed. You are blinded by your faith.

We've heard your arguments a hundred times, and they still do not make sense.

Someone created Satan. Someone made Evil to exist. If God wasn't part somewhere of the chain of events, then God was not alone or the only first cause.

It's so frigging simple that my kids even understand it.

No. The table is reversed. You are blinded by your faith.

We've heard your arguments a hundred times, and they still do not make sense.

Now, why is that?? Why doesn't it make sense to you?? Why should I ask? Could it be because you are drinking a bud dry even in this classroom??

• Super Moderator
Just feel lucky that you have someone like me who is willing to teach.

:lmao: I gotta hand it to you.

I don't know if Christianity is persistent, but you certainly are.

Good job! You fooled a lot of us for a while, some are still not getting the joke. Please, come back as another character. It was fun.

Yeah. He must be faking it. I can't see any other explanation.

So have fun. Have at it. I'm done.

My answer is, why worry about the ancient history? No one knows what really happened. Yes, from these passages, Moses and the God of Old Testament come out looking like Hitler and Eichman. But nobody follows Moses and we don't follow any rules God laid out in the Old Testament! So why worry about it? And my view is that we don't really have all the facts to make the best judgment. So just move on and live in the New Testament. If it really bothers you, just cut out the Old Testament like Marcion did and just stick to the New Testament. It is OK.

You guys are like junior high school history students arguing how horrible America is because we nuked Hiroshima. My stance is, hey, enjoy the country we have now and try to do what is right today.

Why worry about ancient history? Same can be said about Jesus as Moses. JESUS is ancient history.

No one knows what happened? Again. Same can be said about Jesus. You don't know that he was actually that cool kind of wonderful loving shiny guy you want to believe he was.

"And my view is that we don't really have all the facts to make the best judgment." Absolutely right. Same can be said about Jesus and the events of his ministry. It's ancient history, cut off by an epistemological cloud of time and distortion.

"So just move on. . . " That's what we did. You can't seem to do that, though.

" the New Testament . . . it is OK"

Once again, you are essentially saying "I want to be a Christian, my peculiar kind of Christian because I prefer it that way." You have provided no real reasons to believe your point of view is true. You have, by your own reasoning, disqualified the New Testament as a viable source of material on which to base your beliefs.

You have only two resources for your faith - direct revelation or personal speculation.

And why should we consider either coming from you?

Close to the half of world population are now Christians. It is pretty remarkable if you think about it. Once again, it is hard for us to grasp the fact that God thinks so highly of us and delegated his plan to save the world to a few Jewish disciples of Jesus.

Please revise your statistics:

Self-proclaimed Christians make up approximately 1/3rd of the world population.

worldrel.gif

The world share of Christians decreases significantly if one only counts those who are "born again" or excludes Catholics for any reason (I make the distinction for the sake of the larger readership).

Phanta

Furthermore I am a chicken. I just want to avoid hell. I will let you have the moral high ground. :)

Jay,

You are messing with your mind, but it's pretty easy for us to catch things like this. You are saying here you just want to avoid hell, but previously you stated this:

However, in Christianity, hell should not be feared. Because according to the Bible, it is very easy to avoid the hell. The Bible teaches that salvation is a gift from God. All you have to do is to receive forgiveness that is in Jesus Christ - what he has done on the cross and that is sufficient to avoid the hell. There is nothing to do. Just receive God's forgiveness in Jesus Christ. It is as easy as opening your heart to this truth. ( But this notion that it all depends on Jesus and not on you can be a difficult idea to grasp and many miss it. )

So if you say that parents are teaching their children to 'fear hell', I have some problem with that. No doubt some parents may do so. But it is because they do not fully understand the Gospel message! They are not acting like Christians. If they teach fear of hell thinking the children would better behave because of fear, that is not Christianity. That is a man made religion. And by the way, this kind of thinking is likely to be more common outside of Christianity than in it.

You can dress this all up in pretty pink bows and satin all you want, but the bottom line is that you want to avoid hell because you fear it. Otherwise, you wouldn't want to avoid it, would you?

So, stop trying to twist your brain into accepting contradicting notions. You will feel much better.

You think 'He can do anything because he is God'. Perhaps in your mind!!!! That is not the God of the Bible. The God of the Bible can NOT do anything. I just don't know where people get this kind of idiotic ideas about God! Drives me crazy. Should I repeat it again?? God can NOT do anything your fertile little mind can make up.

How about this? Can God turn Himself into Satan?? The answer is NO. Is that clear??

If God tells ms to kill a child, is that a good thing? I don't know. I need more facts.

I smell a rat...

A good christian family member taught me this about God and evil

Light and dark cannot exist in the same place

Ahhh, but they do work together to make a whole day...two sides of the same coin.

There may be some attraction to this kind of philosophizing. But the Bible is much more concrete. Issues are more immediate. Things like 'How can I go to Heaven when I die?', 'How can I become a better person and have better life?' etc. When you are settled on those real issues, perhaps we can argue about these concepts...

Self-serving little shit aren't you? I, I, I, I, me, me, me, me...

Sheesh, you can't be for real.

JayL, you're a condescending, egotistical, arrogant bastard.

Fuck you.

My answer is, why worry about the ancient history? No one knows what really happened. Yes, from these passages, Moses and the God of Old Testament come out looking like Hitler and Eichman. But nobody follows Moses and we don't follow any rules God laid out in the Old Testament! So why worry about it? And my view is that we don't really have all the facts to make the best judgment. So just move on and live in the New Testament. If it really bothers you, just cut out the Old Testament like Marcion did and just stick to the New Testament. It is OK.

You guys are like junior high school history students arguing how horrible America is because we nuked Hiroshima. My stance is, hey, enjoy the country we have now and try to do what is right today.

That's because if you are for real, you are very simple-minded. Take that anyway you wish.

This thread is stupid.

mwc

This thread is stupid.

Like most times we try to argue with Christians.

Jail's theology in a nutshell.

Jesus is a carrot. Yahweh is a stick. I am a mule too dumb to kick the priest off my back who is wielding both.

Jail's theology in a nutshell.

Jesus is a carrot. Yahweh is a stick. I am a mule too dumb to kick the priest off my back who is wielding both.

:woohoo:

<< Well, he failed in quality assurance when he created Satan, the world, and us. That points to a defective process, which points to a defective God. Ah, I know, your going to say that God designed it this way because of Free Will. Won't you? Well, then Free Will is the reason for a faulty and defective design. Simple logic. >>

You seemed to see yourself as a machine part. You fail to see that you are an independent being.

I really have no idea why you answered that way, but none-the-less, you are the one that doesn't recognize that you are not an independent being. There is nothing that can exist on its own anywhere. Try not breathing, eating or drinking and see what happens.

Man, you guys have so much misconception about things, I don't even know where to start to reeducate you.

... you condescending fucking arsehole! (If you are for real that is!) The trouble is unfortunately people like you DO exist in our society! I have seen them at work in my own life! They are usually of the "born again" fundie types! I have had 50 odd years experience with these fuckwits! What is more they are GREAT at lying and cherry pick ANY information as they wish! I will make the call on this guy's original statement re his "proof" of god. He straight out lied!!!!! He is not capable of thinking of ANY proofs. He does not have ANY form of rational mind and his posts have CERTAINLY proved that! I guess he could still be a troll, but I know for a fact nutters like this do exist! :asshole2:

As you cower in fear and brag about your perfection, maybe you should reconsider Pascal's Wager. If you are the product of God's Love, there is something seriously wrong with this situation.

Man, you guys have so much misconception about things, I don't even know where to start to reeducate you.

This has GOT to be a scam. Nobody's that fucked up.

I'm with you par. He's probably laughing his ass off at this. I LOL at him too. :lmao:

This thread is stupid.

mwc

No it's not...it's stoopid.

The Bible also states that they shouldn't worry about tomorrow because knows how many hairs they have on their heads,

The bald man does.

And as they say, if atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.

O Hai! Ceiling Cat wantz u JayL. U haz 2 pet Ceiling Cat alot or uz goin 2 meet Basement Cat an haz no cheezburgerz no moor... U DO NOT WANT. Itz baaaad. So sayz Happy Cat. ktxby!