Goodbye Jesus

In And Out Of Faith

JayL

The Bible also states that they shouldn't worry about tomorrow because knows how many hairs they have on their heads,

The bald man does.

And as they say, if atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.

Bah. It's just easy count. Zero.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JayL

• Ouroboros

• lunaticheathen

• par4dcourse

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There may be some attraction to this kind of philosophizing. But the Bible is much more concrete. Issues are more immediate. Things like 'How can I go to Heaven when I die?', 'How can I become a better person and have better life?' etc. When you are settled on those real issues, perhaps we can argue about these concepts...

Self-serving little shit aren't you? I, I, I, I, me, me, me, me...

Sheesh, you can't be for real.

I see a bible full of contradiction. The way to heaven is as clear as mud.

Did Jesus say that the Law and the Prophets should be ignored?

"Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.... For we maintain that a
man is justified by faith apart from observing the law
."

--Romans 3:20,28 (NIV, emphasis added)

versus

"All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but
it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous
." --Romans 2:12,13 (NIV, emphasis added)

Furthermore, when queried, Jesus never said believe in HIM (Jesus). He said a lot of things, but never that. That was added later by others (Paul in particular). Follow the commandments, do good, be kind, etc. Paul made belief in Jesus resurrection as the tipping point in getting to heaven regardless of what you do or have done.

Like all biblical instructions, it isn't even clear how to get to heaven.

It is as though someone just made this stuff up. And JayL is exactly that kind of Christian.

There may be some attraction to this kind of philosophizing. But the Bible is much more concrete. Issues are more immediate. Things like 'How can I go to Heaven when I die?', 'How can I become a better person and have better life?' etc. When you are settled on those real issues, perhaps we can argue about these concepts...

Self-serving little shit aren't you? I, I, I, I, me, me, me, me...

Sheesh, you can't be for real.

I see a bible full of contradiction. The way to heaven is as clear as mud.

Did Jesus say that the Law and the Prophets should be ignored?

"Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.... For we maintain that a
man is justified by faith apart from observing the law
."

--Romans 3:20,28 (NIV, emphasis added)

versus

"All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but
it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous
." --Romans 2:12,13 (NIV, emphasis added)

Furthermore, when queried, Jesus never said believe in HIM (Jesus). He said a lot of things, but never that. That was added later by others (Paul in particular). Follow the commandments, do good, be kind, etc. Paul made belief in Jesus resurrection as the tipping point in getting to heaven regardless of what you do or have done.

Like all biblical instructions, it isn't even clear how to get to heaven.

It is as though someone just made this stuff up. And JayL is exactly that kind of Christian.

:17:

If heaven is a state of mind, as I think, this still isn't even giving any advise (in this instance) to achieve that. Do you follow the law therefore reaping the benefits of happiness, or do you realize that laws are only means to get you to realize that they can't be followed no matter how hard you try (Paul references this). Which way leads to "heaven"? I'm with the latter myself. It's more Buddhistic. :)

O Hai! Ceiling Cat wantz u JayL. U haz 2 pet Ceiling Cat alot or uz goin 2 meet Basement Cat an haz no cheezburgerz no moor... U DO NOT WANT. Itz baaaad. So sayz Happy Cat. ktxby!

dog mind dogma.JPG

JayL have you ever looked into Mormonism? You do go on about the societal and practical good that comes from Christianity, and Mormons do a pretty good job of creating a peaceful and moral community (I don't agree with them and I would not like living among Mormons but those who do agree seem pretty happy). Since you don't care about how little sense religion makes or how wrong it is Mormonism seems perfect for you. They don't even have a violent history compared to Christianity.

I really think you'd make a good Mormon.

:HaHa:

As you cower in fear and brag about your perfection, maybe you should reconsider Pascal's Wager. If you are the product of God's Love, there is something seriously wrong with this situation.

Man, you guys have so much misconception about things, I don't even know where to start to reeducate you.

Just feel lucky that you have someone like me who is willing to teach.

Arrogant Prick.

O Hai! Ceiling Cat wantz u JayL. U haz 2 pet Ceiling Cat alot or uz goin 2 meet Basement Cat an haz no cheezburgerz no moor... U DO NOT WANT. Itz baaaad. So sayz Happy Cat. ktxby!

PRAZE CEILING CAT! I HAZ CHEEZBURGRZ!

godcat.jpg

You guys have just very closed mind, that's all.

:lmao: Pot, meet kettle. And the fury of Ceiling Cat.

As you cower in fear and brag about your perfection, maybe you should reconsider Pascal's Wager. If you are the product of God's Love, there is something seriously wrong with this situation.

Man, you guys have so much misconception about things, I don't even know where to start to reeducate you.

Oh yeah -- you're a super-genius. Your immense intellect surpasses us puny exchrisatians. Why -- you are just playin' with us, like a cat with it's foolish mouse.

I'll tell you what JayL, why don't you put your superior mega-brain to work and re-educate us by providing objective evidence for the staple of christianity: the resurrection. I'm sure with your astounding intelligence you could convince us -- with objective evidence -- someone can be dead and buried for three days, only to be resurrected -- alive and well, good as new. And then put your brain-power into gear and provide objective evidence that the resurrection and the certain criterion of your faith removes sin and saves as opposed to embellished (made-up) stories told and re-told over hundreds of years, to push agendas of the time, based on a possible fallible prophet or an amalgamation of several people and earlier myths and legends.

Waiting for your brilliant reply to astound us..........

--S.

<< What do you think "Almighty" means? >>

Should I talk about the correct Hebrew meaning of El Shaddai??

Where does this stop??

Where did you people learn all these nonsense? No wonder you left Christianity.

Man oh man.

It would seem your bible paints your god-concept as all-powerful.

Genesis 18:14

Is any thing too hard for the LORD?

Job 42:1-2

Then Job answered the LORD, and said, I know that thou canst do every thing....

Jeremiah 32:17

Ah Lord God! ... there is nothing too hard for thee.

Jeremiah 32:27

Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for the Lord?;

Matthew 19:26, Mark 10:27

With God all things are possible.

Luke 1:37

For with God nothing shall be impossible.

Luke 18:27

The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

Matthew 17:20

I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.

Revelation 19:6

The Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

John 14:12-14

I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

WOW!!!! God can do ANYTHING?

Man oh man.....................

--S.

PRAZE CEILING CAT! I HAZ CHEEZBURGRZ!

Uz pet Cat alot? U b blessid kitteh.

Praze an glori.

Frigging good point. Or how about Amish? They're the nicest people there is, I think. So their faith must be the right one. (We're supposed to judge by the niceness-level, so...:shrug:)

Paffshcal's Wayjjur (in Lolcatz)

Paffshcal wus clever kitteh hu wus laik: "I am not knoin if teh Ceiling Cat is reel." Oh noes! But Paffshcal was thinkin an thinkin, an he wus laik "If I is beleefin in teh Ceiling Cat, and he is reel, I will be gettin cheezburger. But if I has no beleefin in teh Ceiling Cat, and he is reel, I will be getting pwned. If there no Ceiling Cat, no matter anywai. I think I is beleefin in teh Ceiling Cat."

(source)

An I haz cheezburgerz.

Guest Valk0010

Oh yeah -- you're a super-genius. Your immense intellect surpasses us puny exchrisatians. Why -- you are just playin' with us, like a cat with it's foolish mouse.

I'll tell you what JayL, why don't you put your superior mega-brain to work and re-educate us by providing objective evidence for the staple of christianity: the resurrection. I'm sure with your astounding intelligence you could convince us -- with objective evidence -- someone can be dead and buried for three days, only to be resurrected -- alive and well, good as new. And then put your brain-power into gear and provide objective evidence that the resurrection and the certain criterion of your faith removes sin and saves as opposed to embellished (made-up) stories told and re-told over hundreds of years, to push agendas of the time, based on a possible fallible prophet or an amalgamation of several people and earlier myths and legends.

Waiting for your brilliant reply to astound us..........

--S.

And maybe also prove also on top of that how demons or whatever darkforce you want to call it couldn't have just screwed with the apostles.

Because even if you prove there is a supernatural a muslim or some sort of theist or whatever spirtualist could say, ohh they were decieved by some dark force whatever you want to called it.

Guest Valk0010

<< What do you think "Almighty" means? >>

Should I talk about the correct Hebrew meaning of El Shaddai??

Where does this stop??

Where did you people learn all these nonsense? No wonder you left Christianity.

Man oh man.

Various Bible Verses

WOW!!!! God can do ANYTHING?

Man oh man.....................

--S.

You forget your putting it out of context :wicked:

• Super Moderator

Praze Basement Cat! All your cheezburger is his!

Praze Basement Cat! All your cheezburger is his!

Uz a wet cat!!! Ebil cat. Ceiling Cat will pwn u an no moore cheezburgers 4 u. U DO NOT WANT! Srsly. ktxby.

You think 'He can do anything because he is God'. Perhaps in your mind!!!! That is not the God of the Bible. The God of the Bible can NOT do anything. I just don't know where people get this kind of idiotic ideas about God! Drives me crazy. Should I repeat it again?? God can NOT do anything your fertile little mind can make up.

Luke 1:37 " For nothing will be impossible with God."

You are contradicting your own beloved New Testament.

"God can NOT do anything . . . " You get this from where? Not the Bible. You get it from you OWN little fertile mind, which seems to look littler and littler with every word you post.

How about this? Can God turn Himself into Satan?? The answer is NO. Is that clear??

But you're just making that up as you go along. And, just in case you weren't clear on this, your assertions based on you own personal sense of rightness does not a conclusive argument make. Just because you say it is so does not make it true.

If God tells ms to kill a child, is that a good thing? I don't know. I need more facts.

What facts would you require of God? By most definitions you have real faith problems.

How about this? Can God turn Himself into Satan?? The answer is NO. Is that clear??

But you're just making that up as you go along. And, just in case you weren't clear on this, your assertions based on you own personal sense of rightness does not a conclusive argument make. Just because you say it is so does not make it true.

This raises an interesting point.

If angels, such as Satan, are independent beings with powers that even god cannot claim, then doesn't that make Christianity, and even Judaism and Islam, polytheistic?

Hermes, in Greek mythology, is a god that fits the description of Gabriel. Both are "messengers", but the Greeks called Hermes a god and the Hebrews call Gabriel and Angel.

Folks, I can smell trolls miles away. It took me just a couple glances at what this poser was saying to sniff him out. If you wish to just have fun with him, I'll leave him for you to kick your heels against (for what I don't know actually, since he's not real). Nod your head and he's toast. I had him set to go on 40 days and 40 nights mod preview (poetic biblical reference ;) ), but I'll leave it in your hands. What say you? Spare him, or...

Ban-Roman.jpg

Ok boys and girls, the school is back in session. The teacher is back.

Ask questions - but one at a time. And please no profanities!

Luke 1:37 " For nothing will be impossible with God."

So what does this quote mean to you?? That God is 'omnipotent and omnipresent'?? It may help to read these verses in context.

I don't know if he's a troll but I'm pretty sure he's putting us on.

Guest Valk0010

Ok boys and girls, the school is back in session. The teacher is back.

Ask questions - but one at a time. And please no profanities!

Check my questions for mr jayl post in the lions dens

Also

Prove empirically that the christian god exists.

Prove that religion in your one exception is not just a explanation(particularly in the case of the OT) not just a explanation of the unexplainable(unexplainable to them mind you) in there own way.

I think that evolution is corrosive to Christian doctrine, if you accept evolution.

Prove how its not corrosive to Christianity.

Your chose on which one to start with