Goodbye Jesus

Im A Christian Again

Guest Justyna

Mr. Neil,

I gave you my idea of why I thought there are more religious people behind bars. They are converted there, and by being religious they can get out early and there are no rewards for claiming to be an atheist in jail. I already said that.

Your "idea" is not a "fact." You stated it was a fact, but it isn't. The facts were shown in the links you got, and your idea is only your opinion, nothing else.

I gave you my idea of why I thought there are more religious people behind bars. They are converted there, and by being religious they can get out early and there are no rewards for claiming to be an atheist in jail. I already said that.

Prove it.

It's not a fact until you can give substantial evidence to prove it. Your opinion is not a fact. Get your terminology straight.

Guest Justyna

It is not fair to just include a study in the US because about 76% of Americans call themselves Christians. Of course they probably are not REAL Christians if they are killing people. If you look at the world statistics it would be different. I will try to find statistics for the entire world. If you go to Saudi Arabia, since more people are Mulsim there, MOST in prision will call themselves Muslim.

This does not count the number who convert to Christianity AFTER becing convicted.

Of course they probably are not REAL Christians if they are killing people.

The old fallback position. If statistics show that christians are committing crimes, then redefine christian to exclude those people as christians and thus help your cause.

But even your redefinition of christians does not support your slanderous statements about atheists. Are you going to support those statements or will you be honorable enough to retract them?

God is doing many things....people who are ex-Chrisitans might now know because they do not associate with Christians, dont go to church and generally are not in the loop since they choose not to be. God is doing a lot in the world and in peoples lives individually.

How do you think the world would be if there were no Christians? I am afraid of Atheists in the sense that they can kill, do evil, and they dont see anything wrong with it. This is not all Atheists, but some of course. There is no accountability because they think there is no God, so they think they can do all sorts of bad things. We Christians (although not perfect) we try to not sin because it keeps us from Jesus, and we will also have to give an account for eveyrthing we do. If you believe that there is no God, and that you can do what you want....then you will, and not care.

You are a moron

Christians ARE NOT immune to immoral behavior -- you suffering dolt.

Let’s look at Christianity and the horrors of the Crusades and Inquisitions that left rivers of blood in its wake, that spanned centuries -- "If you don't think the way we do and you don't become a Christian, then we will torture you and slaughter you".

And don't forget what has happened in the modern age of the twentieth and twenty first centuries:

1. Loaded weapon toting Christians in Northern Ireland, Catholics vrs. Protestants in a 30 year old bloodbath.

2. Kosovo -- Serbian Orthodox Christians committed mass murder against the mostly Muslim Albanians.

3. Bosnian genocide -- Serbian Orthodox Christian forces committed genocide against the Bosnian Muslims.

4. The Second Chechen War -- Russian Orthodox Christians vrs. Chechen Muslims. Many atrocities have been alleged on both sides.

5. Uganda -- Christian rebels of the Lord's Resistance Army are conducting a civil war in the north of Uganda. Their goal is a Christian theocracy whose laws are based on the Ten Commandments. They abduct, enslave and/or raped about 2,000 children a year.

How about christians who burned supposed witches?

How about delusional Christians who let their children suffer and die by praying over them instead of getting medical help that would have saved them?

How about Christians who abuse their children by beating them because the bible says it’s OK?

What about Christians who beat a gay man to death? Or blow up abortion clinics or condemn condom use causing hundreds of thousands of people to die a year?

There’s so much more but you get the picture – on second thought you probably don’t

Here’s a question to ponder: If you found out today that – definitely -- there was no god, would you go out on a rampage and abuse and slaughter innocent children?

Waiting…………………………………

--S.

It is not fair to just include a study in the US because about 76% of Americans call themselves Christians. Of course they probably are not REAL Christians if they are killing people. If you look at the world statistics it would be different.

That's a valid question. Did you read this article? http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article571206.ece

The study was comparing crime in different countries with crimes in America. America, with a higher religious background, is worse off.

I will try to find statistics for the entire world. If you go to Saudi Arabia, since more people are Mulsim there, MOST in prision will call themselves Muslim.

Of course.

But it's the uneven number of the percentage that is interesting. If you have about 70% Christians in US, and close to 90% Christians in jail, is shows that more criminals are attracted to Christianity than the general population. It's the quota between the different groups that is pertinent.

This does not count the number who convert to Christianity AFTER becing convicted.

It's you guess, not a fact. Unless you can prove it with some survey. Do you have a link to any survey yet?

Guest Justyna

Ouroboros,

I never once told someone to get off this site like people here told me. I dont think I have that right. I dont think it is fair that people come into a thread that I started (which is following all the board rules) and then be told in very bad language to leave. Im not going to say what was said, because you can see what was said a few posts up. What gives anyone the right to tell me to leave? Im not breaking the rules. I am in the Lions Den where Christians are allowed. Its fine, the person apologized.

Ouroboros,

I never once told someone to get off this site like people here told me. I dont think I have that right. I dont think it is fair that people come into a thread that I started (which is following all the board rules) and then be told in very bad language to leave. Im not going to say what was said, because you can see what was said a few posts up. What gives anyone the right to tell me to leave? Im not breaking the rules. I am in the Lions Den where Christians are allowed. Its fine, the persons apologized.

You were the one telling people to leave your thread, and you were the one who said you would leave. If I remember right, you said something like "I will quietly leave now." And then you quoted the Bible verse about dusting of your shoes, or whatever.

Guest Justyna

I asked him to THINK about leaving the thread I started since I could tell it was causing him a great deal of anger. And I only told him that AFTER he told me to get the (beep) off the board.

Yes I did say that I was going to leave...because no one was taking Jesus' message to heart. Thats what the Bible says we are suppose to do. But then, someone did come in and was conversing with me about how they are a Christian and how they too have doubts now, like I once had. Someone did respond. He has not been back since, because people her probably scared him off with their hateful words and anger.

I am making a point that most crimes are not commited by Chrisitans....but by atheists. Thats just a fact. Were there Christians that were off there rocker and killed others? Of course, but a very small percentage. I am not saying that all atheists are like this, cause they are not.

The point I am trying to make is that although most here do not like Christianity, can you imagine how horrible the world would be without us? Scary.

I certainly hope you aren't considering going into research psychology. Your thinking is extremely immature and grossly inaccurate. How can you expect others to respect you?

Guest The Word

Well I decided to leave the church and God when I first joined this site about a year ago or so. I wanted to be free from everything, I wanted to think of myself, I wanted to live the way I saw it fit. Well I did. I really didnt go off the rails or anything, but I stopped going to church for a while, stopped reading the Word and just did what I wanted. I used bad words, I saw bad movies, I said what I wanted and did not aplogize. It wasa all good in the beginning. I was determined to "break-free." But after a while I felt empty, I felt like my life had no meaning, and I longed for God again. I gave it a long time. I tried to be in a relationship, I tried to focus on my studies, I tried to go out and socialize and it all didnt do anything for me. I was wondering, all over the place. I wasted my time and resources. I was in want of something deeper, and I felt weary from searching all the day.

God never let me go. Through it all, He has been here just waiting for me to come back. I started goin to church again, reading the Word again, and spending quality time with Him. It was what I needed. I never felt better. My life is not perfect but I am starting to get happy again. I dont understand why I had to go through that, but I did. I was so determined to leave God, but He didnt let me.

If you were a true saint, you would have never left in the first place because God would have you so busy preaching the gospel that you wouldn't have time to play religious games in Christianity. Did you know that most gods are in the imaginations of sinners? This is what pagan worshipping is and how Christians worship their god, called Jesus. If it wasn't for all the idols they got to see while they were growing up, they wouldn't have any idea who their Jesus was.

I asked him to THINK about leaving the thread I started since I could tell it was causing him a great deal of anger. And I only told him that AFTER he told me to get the (beep) off the board.

Yes I did say that I was going to leave...because no one was taking Jesus' message to heart. Thats what the Bible says we are suppose to do. But then, someone did come in and was conversing with me about how they are a Christian and how they too have doubts now, like I once had. Someone did respond. He has not been back since, because people her probably scared him off with their hateful words and anger.

Thanks for the explanation. I appreciate that.

But remember, your yes should be a yes, and your no should be a no, and nothing in between. Isn't that what the Bible says?

If you were a true saint, you would have never left in the first place because God would have you so busy preaching the gospel that you wouldn't have time to play religious games in Christianity.

You left God too for a time.

"If you were a true saint, you would have never left in the first place..."

Did you know that most gods are in the imaginations of sinners?

And all humans are sinners... including you.

This is what pagan worshipping is and how Christians worship their god, called Jesus. If it wasn't for all the idols they got to see while they were growing up, they wouldn't have any idea who their Jesus was.

And you're not him either.

Guest Justyna

The Word,

I dont call myself a saint...I follow Jesus, its that simple. If you call yourself a saint, then that is great for you, but I sin and I need His grace everyday.

Also the Bible talks about people in the Bible who were true followers of God but slipped like I did. King David comes to mind. God restored him back to grace and He is doing the same with me :) Thank you Jesus!

Justyna,

FYI, The Word claims to be Jesus. He wants you to worship him.

Guest Justyna

Thanks for the heads up Ouroboros. I think I read somewhere that The Word does not believe in reading the Bible since it was changed.

I had doubts with the Bible being chagned too. Then a person explained to me that The American Standard Bible was translated in 1901 from Greek and Hebrew manuscripts, the best ones we have. So if anyone wants to read a good quality bible, I would recommend that one. I am going to switch to that version too since it seems to be the most reliable one.

Thanks for the heads up Ouroboros. I think I read somewhere that The Word does not believe in reading the Bible since it was changed.

I had doubts with the Bible being chagned too. Then a person explained to me that The American Standard Bible was translated in 1901 from Greek and Hebrew manuscripts, the best ones we have. So if anyone wants to read a good quality bible, I would recommend that one. I am going to switch to that version too since it seems to be the most reliable one.

Hmm, when do you plan on getting us those statistics about atheist crime? I'm still wondering if that is fact or if you pulled it out of your hat trying to make point...If it's true, I better become a christian again before I randomly start committing shameless murder.

A person explained to you? It seems to be the most reliable one?

So this is how you come to conclusions and make decisions?

This is one reason why you believe other fantastical things - because you do not do the research yourself; instead, you go with what seems right or what feels right.

Shame.

I am making a point that most crimes are not commited by Chrisitans....but by atheists. Thats just a fact.

You, Justyna, are a liar. I say again, may everyone who has even the slightest reason to trust you -- Friends, family, employer, and any civil agencies upon whom you depend -- see you as the untrustworthy individual that you are, and withdraw their support for you.

You're welcome.

Is the avatar a picture of you? Well, you're cute at least. I'll give you that. :)

God is doing many things....people who are ex-Chrisitans might now know because they do not associate with Christians, dont go to church and generally are not in the loop since they choose not to be. God is doing a lot in the world and in peoples lives individually.

How do you think the world would be if there were no Christians? I am afraid of Atheists in the sense that they can kill, do evil, and they dont see anything wrong with it. This is not all Atheists, but some of course. There is no accountability because they think there is no God, so they think they can do all sorts of bad things. We Christians (although not perfect) we try to not sin because it keeps us from Jesus, and we will also have to give an account for eveyrthing we do. If you believe that there is no God, and that you can do what you want....then you will, and not care.

:lmao:

Where are you getting your psych degree? Ignorance about human morality and human psychology just oozes from this post.

I am making a point that most crimes are not commited by Chrisitans....but by atheists.

Seriously? :Doh:

Might want to check the stats on atheists in prison sometime dear. Might also want to study a bit of world history.

Paganesque,

And the thread was a better place without you in it. Your anger, your words of hate, and your language just proved my point perfectly.

Typical christian response. You guys go around poking people with sticks and when they respond you claim they are angry, hateful and that you have been persecuted.

In this case you made completely unsupported claims about atheists. And I agree with this poster, you do not sound like someone who has a higher education, you sound like a brainwashed 7 year old. Your naivety and ignorance borders on astonishing.

Seriously, is your school accredited?

Mr. Neil,

Google the word recidivism rates. Oh what power there is in the gospel.

Mr. Neil,

You gave me your idea, but your idea is wrong. You just made that up. That's not an answer. It's an apologetic white-wash of reality.

You are wrong, and demonstrably so.

Google the word recidivism rates. Oh what power there is in the gospel.

What?! Research something?! Heresy!

Sorry, Justyna. He's got a point. It's ridiculous of you to insinuate that most people in prison only converted AFTER going in, especially since you're clearly only counting first-time incarcerations. You want to know how many people end up back in prison after they get let out? Try half, and the vast majority of them would be those same people that you said only converted to Christ AFTER they were incarcerated.

What, did they fall off the Jesus wagon? How does that work? Are you going to say that they weren't really Christians?

Justyna, you're really, really bad at this, and every time you attempt a rebuttal, you keep sticking your foot in your mouth. I've long since given up feeling sorry for you. Now I'm just mildly annoyed (but amused) that you think that you can get away with this nonsense.

The people here are just going to destroy you the more you do it.

I guess this thread has ran its course.

The bottonline is this: Never say never. I never thought I would be an ex-Christian, but I was. Likewise, no one here can say they are NEVER going back to Christ. Stranger things have happened in life, and God can do all things :)

Wow, Justyna. You're beautiful. I wish I'd been nicer to you now.