Goodbye Jesus

Im A Christian Again

Guest Justyna

As an ex Christian I have found that my morals are just as staunch as ever. Proof to me that God is not needed for good morals. In fact if anything I have become more moral. One of the things I've found since becoming an ex-Christian is that I am starting to find very violent movies repellent. But yet if the bible is to be believed, I should be enjoying them more now that I don't have Jesus in my life.

Really, it makes more sense to be a Christian if you want to do evil. You can always rely on the blood of Jesus to cleanse you. So it's more likely that Christians are going to be evil bastards than atheists.

Wow, Justyna. You're beautiful. I wish I'd been nicer to you now.

... yes, but who is to say that is her? She/he has a little trouble telling the truth!

God is doing many things....people who are ex-Chrisitans might now know because they do not associate with Christians, dont go to church and generally are not in the loop since they choose not to be. God is doing a lot in the world and in peoples lives individually.

How do you think the world would be if there were no Christians? I am afraid of Atheists in the sense that they can kill, do evil, and they dont see anything wrong with it. This is not all Atheists, but some of course. There is no accountability because they think there is no God, so they think they can do all sorts of bad things. We Christians (although not perfect) we try to not sin because it keeps us from Jesus, and we will also have to give an account for eveyrthing we do. If you believe that there is no God, and that you can do what you want....then you will, and not care.

You are so, so profoundly wrong.

Atheists do not kill and perform evil willy nilly. I know NO atheist that does that. Apart from a few unusual exceptions, most atheists are more humanitarian than christians. Take Stalin. He was an atheist, but that doesn't make all atheists stalin. That's like saying all christians are the same as the wackos that gun down doctors at abortion clinics. It is a wild generalisation, and exceedingly offensive. I know no atheists that subscribe to a 'no accountability, no morals' attitude.

Society enforces morals. Not god. Morals were around long before god.

Your god is no moral pinnacle. This is the god that says it's okay to beat slaves, sell daughters into slavery, marry daughters off to their rapists, and cut off the hand of a woman who touches another man's genitalia in an altercation with her husband. These punishments are not moral. If I am to be stoned to death if I am raped in the city because I didn't scream loud enough, that is not moral, and you'll have a hard time convincing anyone here that it's otherwise. These are the fruits of your god, the so called giver of morality. Yet they are sick and depraved punishments, not evidence of a moral god.

I try not to harm others because I know what it feels like to be hurt or harmed by others, and I don't wish it upon them. I don't like the suffering of others because I know what suffering feels like. This is why atheists are moral. They have empathy, which you don't have. They know how others wuold feel if they performed some action, so they don't do it.

You try not to sin because it 'keeps you from jesus' which is just another way of saying you try not to sin because it stops you getting a reward. What is more moral? Someone who does the right thing because they care about other's welfare, or someone who does the right thing because they think there is a payoff (heaven or hell)? Seriously? You christians hardly have the mandate on morality.

Your religion says that if a woman has an ectopic pregnancy, she must die, rather than killing the embryo and saving her life. Your religion says that a woman must obey her abusive and violent husband, rather than leaving him and divorcing him. You are a product of your religion, and it warps your view of right and wrong.

I care if I do right or wrong. I have very, very high personal standards. I don't have these standards because I'm afraid jesus is watching me and planning to send me to hell if I stuff up and don't ask forgiveness. I have them because I feel terrible when others suffer. I hate the suffering of others. I hate it a whole lot more than your god, who does nothing to help the miserable starving children in third world countries.

If I was god, for five minutes, the world would be far, far different. There would be no hunger, no starvation, no pain, no cancer, no disease. People would be happy. The fact that the world isn't like this is very telling, in regards to your god. Either he doesn't exist, or he doesn't give a shit about suffering. I care more about suffering than he does, because I can't look at it without tears welling in my eyes. god obviously hasn't got a problem with it. So don't imply he is the gold standard of morality, because I could do heaps better.

Countries with high atheist populations have lower crime rates. Think Scandinavia. That should tell you something about morality from god.

Wow, Justyna. You're beautiful. I wish I'd been nicer to you now.

... yes, but who is to say that is her? She/he has a little trouble telling the truth!

Good point. She could be a 78 year old man for all we know.

• Super Moderator

Still, whomever that is a picture of causes men (and probably a few women) to sin.

Regarding Xtians and crime, we're focusing way too much on murder - I know countless Xtians who think petty thievery is just fine. And back down a bit even to immorality, I know several ministers, just from my old church brotherhood, who had sexual improprieties in their lives, including a campus minister who had several affairs with the co-eds at the Big Ten college he was stationed at, and the church wasn't going to remove him until one of the girls made a case of it, and then a bullshit reason was given to the congregation - same as when the campus minister was let go for sexual failings, the church was told it was over a disagreement about the building fund. My sister worked with a couple of Xtian women who talked of a cashier neglecting to ring up an expensive pair of shoes and getting the heck out of the store before she noticed, or getting too much change back at the bank, and how these things were a 'blessing' and 'god was looking out for them. Xtians are no different from non-Xtians.

I am afraid of Atheists in the sense that they can kill, do evil, and they dont see anything wrong with it.

Paul Hill.

You know what I'm afraid of? That you're supposed to be highly educated yet don't know the difference between 'there' and 'their.'

Still, whomever that is a picture of causes men (and probably a few women) to sin.

At least it makes me think of sin.

Do you think it would be wrong to ask for more pictures?

Here is a simple solution to all your frustrations with me.

If you do not like what I have to say in this thread, then by all means, dont come to it and post. Its as simple as that. I started this thread, if you do not approve of it or me, no one is making you come in here and read and get all hyped over it. [delusions-of-grandeur-type twaddle about being hated, etc.] ...

Why should I stop reading your threads and deprive myself of a good laugh? You're comedy gold, lady (or whatever you are).

I take Justyna's failure to deliver the evidence about her views on atheists and crime as a silent admission that such evidence doesn't exist. Now I ask again whether she has guts to do the honorable thing and retract her slanderous statements about atheists?

Well, Justyna?

I take Justyna's failure to deliver the evidence about her views on atheists and crime as a silent admission that such evidence doesn't exist. Now I ask again whether she has guts to do the honorable thing and retract her slanderous statements about atheists?

Well, Justyna?

Aren't you paying attention? She FEELS that it's the right answer. She thinks it, and that makes it so.

Has anyone pointed out the No-True-Scotsman fallacy, yet? Her mentality is that if they're going into prison, they must not really be Christians.

Has anyone pointed out the No-True-Scotsman fallacy, yet? Her mentality is that if they're going into prison, they must not really be Christians.

I missed that comment.

One response could be: the atheists going to prison aren't true atheists either.

Well, Justyna?

Aren't you paying attention? She FEELS that it's the right answer. She thinks it, and that makes it so.

She claims to be educated, but I guarantee this would just go over her head.

Education by Patriot University, apparently.

Education by Patriot University, apparently.

:HaHa: Most likely.

The textbook is a pamphlet written by Kent Hovind, read it, and you have your degree.

Guest I Love Dog

Thanks for the heads up Ouroboros. I think I read somewhere that The Word does not believe in reading the Bible since it was changed.

I had doubts with the Bible being chagned too. Then a person explained to me that The American Standard Bible was translated in 1901 from Greek and Hebrew manuscripts, the best ones we have. So if anyone wants to read a good quality bible, I would recommend that one. I am going to switch to that version too since it seems to be the most reliable one.

It doesn't matter which version you read, it's still a load of Bronze Age nonsense and totally unreliable except as a source of amusement and horror. Fairy stories about an horrific god, Yahweh(one of El's sons, donated to the Canaanites), given a makeover by the Romans to make him more acceptable.

You wanna live your life by the holey babble, then that's your prerogative, but you'll be a much nicer person without it.

How do you think the world would be if there were no Christians? I am afraid of Atheists in the sense that they can kill, do evil, and they dont see anything wrong with it. This is not all Atheists, but some of course. There is no accountability because they think there is no God, so they think they can do all sorts of bad things. We Christians (although not perfect) we try to not sin because it keeps us from Jesus, and we will also have to give an account for eveyrthing we do. If you believe that there is no God, and that you can do what you want....then you will, and not care.

Maybe YOU would do that if you lost your faith, but most people have this thing called a CONSCIENCE that doesn't disappear because Jeebus does. Maybe YOU would go on a killing spree if you didn't think some holy zombie wasn't looking over your shoulder.

You fucking cunt. Don't compare your soulless self with no fucking moral compass with the rest of us. I'm not even an atheist, but I know you're full of SHIT. I'm not christian, I don't believe in hell or judgment, but I'm not some evil serial killer because of it. Fuck you.

And hardly any christians commit crimes? Don't make me laugh, you dumb whore.

Also, I must add, one of the most moral, kind, compassionate, and charitable people I know is an ATHEIST. He's my best friend. And for you to call him evil makes me want to slap the shit out of you.

And don't whine about people being mean, you are NOT being civil when you call a whole group of people amoral murderers, you twatwaffle. And you have called us all liars and sinners. Go nail yourself to a tree, bitch.

Just because you don't cuss, you're civil? Horseshit.

I guess this thread has ran its course.

The bottonline is this: Never say never. I never thought I would be an ex-Christian, but I was. Likewise, no one here can say they are NEVER going back to Christ. Stranger things have happened in life, and God can do all things :)

I think thats one of my own inner fears , going back to being an catholic ..... i must say its true , we never can know whats coming next but yet , in all these years i havent tought non a little in going back ....

I truly hate the black hole mentality , like later anyway you will be suck into the dark hole , sounds like an very destructive and awful way to see life. Im happy either way you found your way and thats what matters.

Also, I must add, one of the most moral, kind, compassionate, and charitable people I know is an ATHEIST. He's my best friend. And for you to call him evil makes me want to slap the shit out of you.

And don't whine about people being mean, you are NOT being civil when you call a whole group of people amoral murderers, you twatwaffle. And you have called us all liars and sinners. Go nail yourself to a tree, bitch.

Just because you don't cuss, you're civil? Horseshit.

Wow, no ambiguity there! LOL.

Consider the word 'Twatwaffle' now permanently added to my personal vocabulary.

Guest Justyna

It does not matter if an atheist (or anyone for that matter) is a good person. They wont be going to heaven. The only way to heaven is through Jesus, thats what the Bible says :)

Yeah, and the Koran says something different.......

Guest Justyna

The god in the Quran (Allah) is satan himself. Who calls himself "The Most Proudest One?" In the Quran, Allah does. Who really is the most proudest one? Satan of course. Allah also says he is the best deceiver...wow he says it himself. Does not sound like God to me..sounds more like satan trying to get everyone to worship him like he always does.

Allah is the same fucking god you worship idiot. The god of Abraham.......

The god in the Quran (Allah) is satan himself. Who calls himself "The Most Proudest One?" In the Quran, Allah does. Who really is the most proudest one? Satan of course. Allah also says he is the best deceiver...wow he says it himself. Does not sound like God to me..sounds more like satan trying to get everyone to worship him like he always does.

And yet YOUR God commands followers to bash babies against rocks and REJOICE.