Goodbye Jesus

Im A Christian Again

Guest Justyna

Guest Valk0010

The god in the Quran (Allah) is satan himself.

So how do you decide which piece of bronze age folklore and barbaric rantings to choose from there pretty close in all good and bad ways?

Let me ask you, seeing as you just did it. How can you prove the likelihood between two supernatural events? How can you prove say the resurrected Jesus appearances with out by using the same means proving all other group delusions or fanciful dreams.

Let me save you some work btw, don't say, just because the bible says so? Its bad reasoning, since your using what your trying to prove.

Psalm 137 verse 9 - blessed for smashing babies against a rock

Guest Valk0010

The god in the Quran (Allah) is satan himself. Who calls himself "The Most Proudest One?" In the Quran, Allah does. Who really is the most proudest one? Satan of course. Allah also says he is the best deceiver...wow he says it himself. Does not sound like God to me..sounds more like satan trying to get everyone to worship him like he always does.

And yet YOUR God commands followers to bash babies against rocks and REJOICE.

The Jewish God is jealous according to its holy text, :twitch:, how could you be jealous of something that isn't real(the rival religions?

Guest Valk0010

No its not. Dont tell me who I worhsip and who I dont.

And don't tell us we are going to burn all of entity. I would say respect or the lack there off goes both ways.

Guest Justyna

Yahweh is NOT jealous of Allah (Satan). He is jealous when we put our attention elsewhere (work, school etc). Yahweh already defeated satan on the cross and his doom is inevitable. There is no one greater than Yahweh.

Guest Valk0010

Yahweh is NOT jealous of Allah (Satan). He is jealous when we put our attention elsewhere (work, school etc). Yahweh already defeated satan on the cross and his doom is inevitable. There is no one greater than Yahweh.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus+34%3A14&version=KJV

14For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Point of contention, he treats other beliefs like there real, its kind of more henotheistic then one might expect.

As well if those gods don't exist, why does he give them so much credit as to treat them as there real.

No its not. Dont tell me who I worhsip and who I dont.

You've made up your own God then Justyna. Read your Bible to know the true God of Christianity - you may be shocked. Read the WHOLE Bible, without cherry-picking the good parts. We CAN tell you who you believe in because you say you are a Christian. Your God is clearly described in the Bible.

Point of contention, he treats other beliefs like there real, its kind of more henotheistic then one might expect.

Good point. Yahweh believes in other gods. It's in the Bible.

Guest Justyna

Valk

That scripture in Exodus is for the Isrealites. They later had a golden calf that they built that they worshiped and of course God was jealous because like it says He is a jealous God. Obviously the calf was not a real god, but an idol. We have lots of "gods" in life....our work, our kids, our spouses, our money. Anything we put before God becomes our "god." That is when He is jealous. He is not jealous of Allah because Allah is Satan himself. Jesus already defeated him on the cross.

Guest Justyna

Stevo,

I know the God of the Bible. I read the Bible and I have a personal relationship with Him that continues to grow. Many Christians reject the lie that Allah is Yahweh, Im not the only one. The ones that accept this lie become Muslims themselves. Satan always wanted to be equal with Yahweh and in Isalm he is. Bingo! I wont be deceived.

Guest Valk0010

Valk

That scripture in Exodus is for the Isrealites. They later had a golden calf that they built that they worshiped and of course God was jealous because like it says He is a jealous God. Obviously the calf was not a real god, but an idol. We have lots of "gods" in life....our work, our kids, our spouses, our money. Anything we put before God becomes our "god." That is when He is jealous. He is not jealous of Allah because Allah is Satan himself. Jesus already defeated him on the cross.

Also going along the lines of your symbolism, the calf also represents other beliefs as well you would say.

Must put no gods before me, I would say other belief systems count as gods to.

Valk

I have met many Christians in my life - and was a full-time missionary myself - and most of us here were Christians (hence the name ExC) - and we mostly know the Bible extremely well. You are one of the MOST ignorant (about your own religion) Christians I've encountered.

Guest Justyna

Valk,

I agree with you. God IS a jealous God. He requires every inch of us, all the time. Thats why some people do not wnat to be Christians....we must give all ourselves to Him.

Guest Valk0010

Stevo,

I know the God of the Bible. I read the Bible and I have a personal relationship with Him that continues to grow. Many Christians reject the lie that Allah is Yahweh, Im not the only one. The ones that accept this lie become Muslims themselves. Satan always wanted to be equal with Yahweh and in Isalm he is. Bingo! I wont be deceived.

Don't you know dear, satan is only a mythical figure developed by ignorant peasants, to explain why bad things happen.

Here is a little detail about creation myths. It was there first attempt at science. And in bible one, it is also used to explain why bad things happen, ie sin. Satan becomes the antagonist, to teach people not to turn from god, and that there is something to blame for what is normally called evil.

Is satan a snake, What a dumb god really, to have the foresight to create such a prick, when he is all powerful and there should be no problem in creating the exact situation he wants, and get all the things he wants without hell devil etc. Can't appeal to the mysterious btw, that was a peasant attempt to preserve there bad attempt at explaining there unknown world. I would love to own such a pet. It talks :D

Guest Justyna

Stevo,

If I am so ignorant about Christianity then why am I still a Christian? And why are you no longer a Christian? I must be doing something right. What I do works for me. I am not saying everyone needs to be the type of Christian I am. But the Bible says that everyone needs to come to Jesus etc.

Guest Valk0010

Valk,

I agree with you. God IS a jealous God. He requires every inch of us, all the time. Thats why some people do not wnat to be Christians....we must give all ourselves to Him.

You just straw manned me, and droped my question, wouldn't things like the calf and the commandment against other gods, count for beliefs of the area that aren't jewish. You would figure he would be more like.

Don't follow those false fake beliefs, they are nothing they don't exist. I am the only one that is real, and then say those things like take me over any other material thing.

Guest Justyna

Valk,

Yeah the Isrealites were always around other cultures that worshiped tons and tons of gods...the moon god, the sun god and so on. So God told them not to worship anyone else but Him. He wanted the people's attention and affection all the Him and He did not want their affection to be divided.

I can understand this. If I am dating a guy that I like/love...I dont want him to be spending half his time with me, and the other half with his other love interest. That would hurt. Likewise God told them not to worship other gods. I guess by saying it like this, He is implying that there are other gods, but I dont think He is saying that there are other TRUE GODS. He makes himself clear that HE is the ONLY TRUE GOD. That the other gods out there are not it.

It does not matter if an atheist (or anyone for that matter) is a good person. They wont be going to heaven. The only way to heaven is through Jesus, thats what the Bible says :)

You're either a dolt or a troll.

Guest Valk0010

Valk,

Yeah the Isrealites were always around other cultures that worshiped tons and tons of gods...the moon god, the sun god and so on. So God told them not to worship anyone else but Him. He wanted the people's attention and affection all the Him and He did not want their affection to be divided.

I can understand this. If I am dating a guy that I like/love...I dont want him to be spending half his time with me, and the other half with his other love interest. That would hurt. Likewise God told them not to worship other gods. I guess by saying it like this, He is implying that there are other gods, but I dont think He is saying that there are other TRUE GODS. He makes himself clear that HE is the ONLY TRUE GOD. That the other gods out there are not it.

Actually, nonapologetical bible scholarship, actually gives a relatively easy explaination to this whole thing. Its the written witness to the turn from polytheism to monotheism by the jewish religious community. And also did you look up the term henotheism

Here is what the wiki said about it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henotheism

Henotheism (Greek ἓν θεός hen theos "one god") is a term coined by Max Müller, to mean worshipping a single god while accepting the existence or possible existence of other deities.[1]

They were henotheistic and were trying to change that, hence the word choice. If they were only monotheistic, and never polytheistic the responses of yahweh would be closer to what I heard recently about Buddha from my christian grandmother

"There is no_____"

And if he is recognizing the existence of other gods, not just the existence of other beliefs.

Remeber you said

He is implying that there are other gods, but I dont think He is saying that there are other TRUE GODS.

Then shouldn't there be some supernatural battle, like

He is all of sudden fighting say Tammuz a pagan god referenced in the bible. Or more references to certain gods just being satan or whatnot.

Btw, to mention the satan being other god references, would fall under that polytheism monotheism evolution i brought up.

Stevo,

If I am so ignorant about Christianity then why am I still a Christian?

You just answered your own question.

Stevo,

If I am so ignorant about Christianity then why am I still a Christian?

You just answered your own question.

Beat me to it. Hahahaha! And so true too!

Guest Justyna

Vixen and Vigile,

Dont you two have something more productive to do? Im not being mean, I am just asking since your comments are mean, rude and without any thought.