Goodbye Jesus

Im A Christian Again

Guest Justyna

God is doing many things....people who are ex-Chrisitans might now know because they do not associate with Christians, dont go to church and generally are not in the loop since they choose not to be. God is doing a lot in the world and in peoples lives individually.

How do you think the world would be if there were no Christians? I am afraid of Atheists in the sense that they can kill, do evil, and they dont see anything wrong with it. This is not all Atheists, but some of course. There is no accountability because they think there is no God, so they think they can do all sorts of bad things. We Christians (although not perfect) we try to not sin because it keeps us from Jesus, and we will also have to give an account for eveyrthing we do. If you believe that there is no God, and that you can do what you want....then you will, and not care.

I have kept my mouth shut for most of this thread but....WTF are you talking about? You assume that because one is atheist they do not associate with christians? You have got to be kidding me. MOST of my friends and family ARE christians, and while religion is always a touchy subject, we get along just fine and I love them for who they are, NOT for what they believe.

And ex-fucking-cuse me, but where are you getting your facts about atheists committing crimes? That is a sheltered opinion. God damn you sound like a brainwashed 7 year old. Just because one does not believe in god does not mean that they are "evil" or bad. Atheists are humans, just like you and also commit crimes and do "bad" things, but unlike YOU, we don't have an invisible friend to ask for forgiveness. All humans have a sense of wrong and right...do you think that if someone doesn't believe in god they do not have that sense? I can't believe what I just read. You are judgemental, delusional, psychotic and RUDE. Get the fuck off of this site you piece of shit.

Overcame Faith,

Of course I am not talking about anyone you know..I have no idea who you know.

I am making a point that most crimes are not commited by Chrisitans....but by atheists. Thats just a fact. Were there Christians that were off there rocker and killed others? Of course, but a very small percentage. I am not saying that all atheists are like this, cause they are not.

The point I am trying to make is that although most here do not like Christianity, can you imagine how horrible the world would be without us? Scary.

Buy a history book. Your ignorance scares me. Christians/catholics have commited more murder than any other group of people ever recorded in history.

How do you think the world would be if there were no Christians?

A better place, generally speaking. There are different types of Christians so I don't like to generalize, like you do with atheists.

I am afraid of Atheists in the sense that they can kill, do evil, and they dont see anything wrong with it. This is not all Atheists, but some of course. There is no accountability because they think there is no God, so they think they can do all sorts of bad things. We Christians (although not perfect) we try to not sin because it keeps us from Jesus, and we will also have to give an account for eveyrthing we do. If you believe that there is no God, and that you can do what you want....then you will, and not care.

Well I am afraid of fine, upstanding church members like Dennis Rader:

http://www.trutv.com...ved/btk/41.html

"Rader told Larry Hatteberg, "I know it is a dark side that controls me. I personally think, and I know it's not very Christian, that it's demons within me, at some point when I was young that controlled me."That's comforting to know: the devil made him do it. Whew! For awhile, we thought Dennis Rader was responsible, but no, it's not his fault that he's a serial killer. It's demons."

Rader was a prominent member of his church. Despite what he says about cold blooded murder being "not very Christian," he was a serial killer and Christianity did not deter him. Back up your statements, otherwise shut up.

Guest Justyna

Paganesque,

And the thread was a better place without you in it. Your anger, your words of hate, and your language just proved my point perfectly.

I am making a point that most crimes are not commited by Chrisitans....but by atheists. Thats just a fact.

Bullshit.

I guess this thread has ran its course.

RUN it's course. And if it has why are you still talking?

RUN it's course. And if it has why are you still talking?

... Very simple! She (that's if it is a "she") is a compulsive liar!

Paganesque,

And the thread was a better place without you in it. Your anger, your words of hate, and your language just proved my point perfectly.

Cop-out!

Why can't you justify your claim about atheists and crime statistics, Justyna? Possibly because you know that you made it up?

... Very simple! She (that's if it is a "she") is a compulsive liar!

Here's a riddle.

Justyna has been witnessing to us about Jesus, but she has to lie to us to do it.

Why should we trust the word of a liar?

Guest Net Eng

The bottonline is this: Never say never. I never thought I would be an ex-Christian, but I was. Likewise, no one here can say they are NEVER going back to Christ. Stranger things have happened in life, and God can do all things :)

I'm saying never.

When you see the evidence that all this shit is made up by human hand you cannot go back.

True. But I guess one could suffer a brain injury or an illness such as alzheimers that causes loss of memory and the ability to think rationally. That's the only situation that would bring me back to believing in nonsense.

Ah you caught me in a moment of hyperbole. You are most correct O snarky one. :grin:

Guest Justyna

Here is a simple solution to all your frustrations with me.

If you do not like what I have to say in this thread, then by all means, dont come to it and post. Its as simple as that. I started this thread, if you do not approve of it or me, no one is making you come in here and read and get all hyped over it. I dont understand all the anger and hatred. I have not once gotten mad at anyone here. NEVER. Why cant we be civil in a discussion? I dont resort to name calling, cusing bad language or words of hate. Never once....but a lot of people here have. I just dont get it.

Guest Justyna

Mr. Neil,

I gave you my idea of why I thought there are more religious people behind bars. They are converted there, and by being religious they can get out early and there are no rewards for claiming to be an atheist in jail. I already said that.

If you do not like what I have to say in this thread, then by all means, dont come to it and post. Its as simple as that. I started this thread, if you do not approve of it or me, no one is making you come in here and read and get all hyped over it. I dont understand all the anger and hatred. I have not once gotten mad at anyone here. NEVER. Why cant we be civil in a discussion? I dont resort to name calling, cusing bad language or words of hate. Never once....but a lot of people here have. I just dont get it.

What do you call this?

I am making a point that most crimes are not commited by Chrisitans....but by atheists. Thats just a fact.

These are your words and you have yet to support them. And you dare call us down.

Paganesque,

Justyna,

When you come to a forum crawling with atheists and tell them that they commit crimes just because think they cannot be held accountable by god, you are discriminating, judging and pulling fake facts out of your ass and it's gonna piss people off. My question is WHY are you still here? I honestly do not understand why you would continue to come here and be rude to people and not expect people to defend themselves. When you discriminate against me, I WILL defend myself. This is the internet, and the only thing I can do is show you my anger through a keyboard. Sorry I used "curse words." BTW, the words I used weren't even invented when the bible was written and they have many meanings. So if it was my langauge that offended you, sorry. Take the language out and read what I SAID. I think I deserve an apology.

Guest Net Eng

God is doing many things....people who are ex-Chrisitans might now know because they do not associate with Christians, dont go to church and generally are not in the loop since they choose not to be. God is doing a lot in the world and in peoples lives individually.

How do you think the world would be if there were no Christians? I am afraid of Atheists in the sense that they can kill, do evil, and they dont see anything wrong with it. This is not all Atheists, but some of course. There is no accountability because they think there is no God, so they think they can do all sorts of bad things. We Christians (although not perfect) we try to not sin because it keeps us from Jesus, and we will also have to give an account for eveyrthing we do. If you believe that there is no God, and that you can do what you want....then you will, and not care.

Bolding Mine.

Blatant bullshit.

If you don't have facts to back up your statement then retract this now.

Guest Justyna

I gave you my idea of why I thought there are more religious people behind bars. They are converted there, and by being religious they can get out early and there are no rewards for claiming to be an atheist in jail. I already said that.

Justyna,

By the way, can you please give me a link or a statistic about your statement about atheists and crime?

Fine, then back up your slanderous statements about atheists. Or, if you're honorable, retract them.

... so then I suppose you would have no problem with someone starting an idealistic thread about the nazis ... what a great guy Hitler was ... how everyone should repent and take up nazism?

See you just do not get it do you! Hitler was an ANGEL compared to the eviliness of your " mythical idol"! Wonder why people here get upset? Use a little brainpower!

Do not forget you came on a non-christian board! Let's not forget where you are!

Go preach against a christian forum and see how long you last! Even YOU admitted that!

Yet there are more Christians in prison than atheists. Many Christians think they can lie, steal, and even kill in the name of God and be forgiven the second after they sinned.

Whoop-D-doo -- you don't cuss.

Something to consider: We could be the vilest, motherfuckers out there, who weave tapestries of vulgar words but it doesn’t make our arguments any less valid nor does it make your imaginary god any truer.

Using profanity is just another spice in our stew.

Who the fuck are you -- the profanity police?

The only reason you make this an issue is because you can not establish any reference in reality for the bullshit you spew. This a strawman, where you find something else to attack while never providing objective evidence for your arguments.

And you confuse hate with disrespect. I don’t hate you I just don’t respect you. Comprende?

Furthermore I’m not angry, I’m perfectly content. Again you confuse anger with some of us being brutally honest with our assessments of you.

You’re a loony-tune christian who can not provide any objective evidence for your outlandish claims.

You really have nothing to offer but morbid ignorance and massive delusion.

--S.

Some statistics: http://www.adherents.com/misc/adh_prison.html

Catholic                29,267   31.432%
Protestant              26,162   28.097%
None/Atheist/Unknown    18,537   19.908%
Muslim                   5,435    5.837%
American Indian          2,408    2.586%
Nation of Islam          1,734    1.862%
Rastafarian              1,485    1.595%
Jewish                   1,325    1.423%
Church of Christ         1,303    1.399%
Pentecostal              1,093    1.174%
Moorish                  1,066    1.145%
Buddhist                   882    0.947%
Jehovah's Witnesses        665    0.714%
Adventist                  621    0.667%
Eastern Orthodox           375    0.403%
Latter-day Saints          298    0.320%
Scientology                190    0.204%
Hindu                      119    0.128%
Santeria                   117    0.126%
Sikh                        14    0.015%
Baha'i                       9    0.010%
ISKCON                       7    0.008%
--------------------    ------  --------
Total                   93,112  100.000%

Catholics and Protestants each, by themselves, are more than atheists or non-religious.

That means your claim is not true.

What can be said to be true though is that "[a] disproportionately high number of prisoners were not in any way practicing religionists prior to incarceration." In other words, most criminals have a religious preference or affiliation, but a large number of them are not practicing what they preach.

Were there Christians that were off there rocker and killed others?

Yes.

The serial killer with the acronym the BTK killer was a Christian and very involved in Church. And there are examples of women who killed their children because the kids were possessed by demons.

Of course, but a very small percentage. I am not saying that all atheists are like this, cause they are not.

Atheists are not. We believe in retribution in this world, and we believe in the justice system. We also believe in the Golden Rule (which was formulated before Jesus did in the famous "Do to others...")

The point I am trying to make is that although most here do not like Christianity, can you imagine how horrible the world would be without us? Scary.

A majority of the world is without you. Only 1/3rd of the world is Christian. 66% is not. Non-Christians are in majority.

And in Europe, a large majority is agnostic/atheist, and the church is very small, yet they have no more, or less, crimes than here.

Some crimes are committed by people who hear voices. Some of them hear God's voice telling them to do things. I'm more afraid of you than of my neighbor atheists. Based on my personal observations as a Christian and atheist, many atheists are mellow, calm, and very caring, and many Christians are aggressive and selfish.

In other words, your assessment doesn't match my experience or the statistics.

Super,

Isnt that just in the US?

That's right.

In Sweden there are a much larger number of atheists, and until recently they had only about half the number of crimes compared to US. In other words, it's not religion that makes people moral.

But recently they've had an increase of crimes because of many religious refugees from middle east. (According to my Christian friends in Sweden.)

Also, those prisoners who claim to be "Christians" and "Catholics" have probably never even been to church in their lives.

That could be very well true for many of them, but yet they are believers and not atheists. There's a difference between an atheist and a secularized nominal Christian.

That study is useless.

The link I gave you had data from the studies made by the prison system in America. If you don't trust the criminal system, then you can't trust your imaginary beings either.

This is simple to explain. Those who are in jail are more likely to say they are religious for various reasons. First of, dont forget that a prison is often a place of converson. Also if a prisioner is active in religious duties, this counts as good behavior and can help them get out earlier. It does not help any prisioner to identify himself/herself as an atheist. There are no rewards for this. So that is why I am not suprised at these results.

That could also be true.

But that's your explanation and not proven. You make an assumption based on your opinion while the statistics is after all hard facts.

Who should we believe? Your personal opinion based on your bias? Or the statistics based on facts and surveys?

Wait a minute.

If you don't like to hear what we have to say, then don't come to this website.

The members of this website have the right to respond and say what they think too. So it's not "as simple as that."

Ex-Christians started this WEBSITE, and you come here and dictate and demand obedience to boost your little ego-trip.

And if there are things you don't understand about these people, it's because you haven't spent one second trying to learn. Get to know people before you go off on your dictating sermons.