Goodbye Jesus

Im A Christian Again

Guest Justyna

And my arrogance is just confidence in Jesus..the only confidence I do have.

I empathize with you here, I really do. *hugs*

I dont even think children go to hell,

... bibilcal proof please??? For ALL have sinned .... etc etc

:sing:

Just a closer walk with Thee--

Grant it Jesus, if you please;

Daily walking close to Thee--

Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

The notion that babies don't go to hell is based on the belief that since babies are not accountable they cannot have committed either a sin of commission or a sin of omission. However, this reasoning fails to account for original sin allegedly a part of all individuals from birth. Thus, babies who die are sinners and, never having repented and expressed belief in Jesus, are destined for hell. Very few christians have the guts to admit this little problem in their theology. But it's there.

If they are small children, they of course they are not responsible for knowing God. God does love them very much as I am sure you do too. But there will come a time when they will be responsible for their own actions when they are older etc. I dont even think children go to hell, so I would never say your children or any children will go there. I also dont determine who is a child and who is not.

I hear your words, but I can not find a "loving god" in them. Yes your position: Alone against 25+ is not a good one (I do not want to be in this position) but it was your choice. On a xian forum it would be the other way around. What do you expect? To say to someone that he will go to hell or that he is gods enemy is a statment that goes into the deepest parts of a person (I hope that I can find the right words for it...)....it is a judgement you speak about someone you do not know. For this reason it is a touchy subject to me. You are entering my inner being and expect me to be calm?

Guest Justyna

LOL Legion,

Are you singing for us here? Wow, thank you

As much as I would love to stay and hear it, I gotta get going now. :)

LOL Legion,

Are you singing for us here? Wow, thank you

As much as I would love to stay and hear it, I gotta get going now. :)

Yeah I like to sing. I'm not very good at it though, so I usually don't do it around others.

We live in an uncertain world Justyna. I do have a few things of which I am certain, but they are small things. I hope as you go forth in this uncertain world that you find inner peace.

The notion that babies don't go to hell is based on the belief that since babies are not accountable they cannot have committed either a sin of commission or a sin of omission. However, this reasoning fails to account for original sin allegedly a part of all individuals from birth. Thus, babies who die are sinners and, never having repented and expressed belief in Jesus, are destined for hell. Very few christians have the guts to admit this little problem in their theology. But it's there.

Yep, unbaptized babies that die are going to hell because of original sin. That's exactly what I was taught. That was one of the anti-abortion arguments too. "Not only are you murdering your baby, you are sending your baby to HELL!"

Stevo,

I know the God of the Bible. I read the Bible and I have a personal relationship with Him that continues to grow. Many Christians reject the lie that Allah is Yahweh, Im not the only one. The ones that accept this lie become Muslims themselves. Satan always wanted to be equal with Yahweh and in Isalm he is. Bingo! I wont be deceived.

:loser:

Duh! Allah is just the Arabic word for God. The Moslems also have the character Satan in their theology and he plays the same role as in Christianity. If you really studied religions as you claimed, you'd know this. Instead, you come off as either ignorant or fraudulent or a noxious mixture of both. Twatwaffle, indeed!

It does not matter if an atheist (or anyone for that matter) is a good person. They wont be going to heaven. The only way to heaven is through Jesus, thats what the Bible says :)

You're either a dolt or a troll.

Could be both. And a twatwaffle as well.

It does not matter if [a human being] is a good person.

Nuff said. And bear in mind, all I had removed was the word "atheist" in favor of a more general term, so as to illustrate the sheer lunacy of what you just said.

Vixen and Vigile,

Dont you two have something more productive to do? Im not being mean, I am just asking since your comments are mean, rude and without any thought.

You are being mean and RUDE by imposing yourself where you're not wanted and calling us criminals. This website exists to support ex-christians, not to give you a soapbox for mindless preaching.

If you had any decency, you'd apologize, leave, and never darken this site again.

Isn't it about time for you to dust off your sandals and trot on over to an Islamic site where you can rant and rave about Allah being Satan? I'm sure you'd make an impression.

Vixen and Vigile,

Dont you two have something more productive to do? Im not being mean, I am just asking since your comments are mean, rude and without any thought.

You are being mean and RUDE by imposing yourself where you're not wanted and calling us criminals. This website exists to support ex-christians, not to give you a soapbox for mindless preaching.

If you had any decency, you'd apologize, leave, and never darken this site again.

Isn't it about time for you to dust off your sandals and trot on over to an Islamic site where you can rant and rave about Allah being Satan? I'm sure you'd make an impression.

Ooh! If you do Justyna, please send us a link. I'll bring the popcorn.

... Read the bible, Justyna. Even in the NT he demands an innocent being to be brutally slaughtered to atone for your sins. Why should an innocent being have to suffer? How is that just? And why is it needed at all? God could simply chose to forgive without the need for a blood sacrifice, let alone an innocent one.In fact if it wasn't for the apathy of your so-called God, there would be no need for his grace to cover us. He created the world, yet took no contingencies to deal with the problem of sin that he knew would eventuate. He created Hell to have us thrown into. He then came up with the problem of sin. Now you say he is loving and merciful because he comes up with a way for us to avoid the horrible punishment he condemned mankind too? That's like someone who deliberately sets up a dangerous situation so that he can save people from it so that he can be considered a hero. There's nothing loving or heroic about that. ...

Munchausen by proxy syndrome! I'd never thought about bible god in those terms before, but it certainly fits. Very insightful, OnceConvinced.

Well I think God's enemies are those that do not follow Him and do not accept His Son. Thats what the Bible says...so I am going to stick with that.

Elsewhere you said, "No one in my family believes in God except my mom who calls herself a Catholic, but has never been to church."

So, if you're still around for the final battle between Good and Evil as foretold in Revelation, are you going to take up weapons and slaughter your family as is the duty of a True Christian™?

The god in the Quran (Allah) is satan himself. Who calls himself "The Most Proudest One?" In the Quran, Allah does.

And what does that have to do with anything? If God is what God is, you can't judge God based on what you WANT him to be. God's existence can't be decided by what you like or dislike about God's character.

The Bible says God creates evil: " I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." -- Isaiah 45:7, KJV

You could of course respond: "It's wrong translation," or "It should be interpreted differently." Which are are the answers a Muslim could answer too. "It doesn't mean proud in that sense, it means ..."

Therefore, that the Koran says that God is proud doesn't make the Koran God the same as Satan.

Who really is the most proudest one? Satan of course. Allah also says he is the best deceiver...wow he says it himself.

Proud does not necessarily mean something bad.

My kids are doing well in school. I'm proud. Oh, noooossssseeee I'm going to HELL for sinning by feeling proud for my kids! Oh DAMN!!!

So if God is proud of humans... then God is Satan.

Does not sound like God to me..sounds more like satan trying to get everyone to worship him like he always does.

To be proud is not the same to wanting to be worshiped.

To be a patriot is to be proud over your country. "One Country Under God," that statement is full of pride. American Christians are the biggest sinners in the universe, filled with pride from Satan.

I don't know what dictionary you use or what school you've gone to, but you have the wildest and weirdest ideas about what words mean.

Look, we need to just let this thread die. Her re-conversion is her own personal business, and no matter what we say it won't make a difference to her. Let's just lock this thread and leave it. This is turning into an insult on Islam, a religion that is completely unrelated to the thread itself and the website.

And honestly Justyna, if you had any sense at all, you would leave this forum and not come back. You're ruining your testimony, making other people mad, and ultimately, making the non-believers here sink their feet further into ground they stand upon.

• Like 1

Valk

That scripture in Exodus is for the Isrealites.

And the ten commandments too? And the Old Testament was written for whom? Why pick and choose what was for Israel and what is not, either the book is for you or it is not.

They later had a golden calf that they built that they worshiped and of course God was jealous because like it says He is a jealous God.

He was jealous because they were worshiping another God (Satan). So God can be jealous.

And btw, if Satan is prideful and wants to be worshiped, then why are you worshiping YHWH? Why does YHWH demand worship if that is a bad thing? God has the same desire and need as Satan. God is just as prideful as Satan!

Obviously the calf was not a real god, but an idol. We have lots of "gods" in life....our work, our kids, our spouses, our money. Anything we put before God becomes our "god." That is when He is jealous. He is not jealous of Allah because Allah is Satan himself. Jesus already defeated him on the cross.

So they didn't do anything wrong then. They didn't pray to another god at all. You're downplaying Satan's role in the story to make him a non-idol.

They prayed to another god, an idol, Satan.

God was jealous.

Simple.

Stevo,

If I am so ignorant about Christianity then why am I still a Christian? And why are you no longer a Christian? I must be doing something right. What I do works for me. I am not saying everyone needs to be the type of Christian I am. But the Bible says that everyone needs to come to Jesus etc.

You mean that Muslims make the right decision then? They decided to become Muslims because they're educated about it and must be doing something right.

CrazyDonna wrote:

Your god killed his entire creation, with the exception of one family and a few animals, because they fucked up, just like he engineered them to. That is evil.

I am reminded of a saying that goes something like, "Why should I trust God to give me instructions on raising my children when he drowned his own?"

It bothers me that Justyna can't determine a good act from a bad one. It seems that any act that was purportedly done or commanded by God is good by definition even if the outcome is decidedly bad - slaughter and genocide included. How does Justyna know that Moses really talked with God. Moses said so?

I never did like the attitude that we should "do as I say, not as I do." Thou shalt not kill, but slaughter the people of Canaan, men, women, children, and infants.

I know right from wrong. God's battle strategy for Canaan would land him in the Hague, and he would be convicted of war crimes.

If he actually exited that is. Instead, it would have been the leaders and the generals. And perhaps the soldiers.

Valk

That scripture in Exodus is for the Isrealites.

And the ten commandments too? And the Old Testament was written for whom? Why pick and choose what was for Israel and what is not, either the book is for you or it is not....

Something else that was only for the Isrealites:

Matthew 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

15:23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Justyna,

I was really looking forward to either some statistics or an apology from you about your statement about atheists and crime, murder etc. I'd prefer an apology, because I know that what you said was completely made up, but I'll just forget about it. It's not gonna happen, is it? Maybe you can't help it.

And whoever said "why don't we just let this thread die?" I agree. WHY are we continuing to indulge her? She obviously has no idea what she's talking about, and we are just feeding her EGO about being better than us because she gets to go to "heaven." Na na na na boo boo!

I can understand this. If I am dating a guy that I like/love...I dont want him to be spending half his time with me, and the other half with his other love interest.

Eh. Hum... you got a bit to learn dear. One of the keys to a long relationship and keep a marriage together (our 24th is coming up next year) is to let the other person have some space.

That would hurt.

No, it's controlling. You want control and dominance. It's not good for a relationship at all.

If you really love a person, you want that person to be happy. You got a twisted view of love if you state it as selfish needs. What you are saying is that true love is when the other person spend all time with YOU. But that's not true love. True love is when you want the BEST for the other person.

Likewise God told them not to worship other gods. I guess by saying it like this, He is implying that there are other gods, but I dont think He is saying that there are other TRUE GODS. He makes himself clear that HE is the ONLY TRUE GOD. That the other gods out there are not it.

So there are no other supernatural and super-powerful beings out there, like Satan or angels?

The reason I dont go back and dig up some stuff is because history books have been altered.

Like the Bible.

So why should I believe everything that is written?

Like the Bible.

When I was doing research for my MBA, I could find just as many articles and journals to support my claims as I did ones that did not.

??? I thought you had a degree in psychology or something? Now it's an MBA?

Seriously. You have an MBA and all these concepts we're talking about are above your comprehension?

You can find anything you want now adays. And you better believe Satan has his hand in this making sure he does everything so that people dont believe God but him. He loves it when you leave Jesus and accept his theologies. He lives for it.

It's "don't," not "dont." You sure have a lot of small mistakes in your writing for having an MBA.

Donna,

The OT was BEFORE Jesus came and was sacrificed for our sins. Yeah God wiped away everyone except a few in the flood. They were not obeying Him after He told them over and over to listen to Him. Its called tough love...and the people learned, the hard way.

Eh. No. The sinners DIED, and they're now in HELL, suffering eternal torment. They're not learning anything.

Think of it this way. You have two kids. Both are disobedient. You kill one of them. The dead kid won't learn anything, but the live kid will be scared shitless of you and won't disobey you anymore (out of fear).

The reason God did it was to scare the hell out of the next generation. To force them to obey through fear.

If they just listened to Him in the first place, then they would not have found themselves in those circumstances. God sent them sooooooooooo many warnings and prophets to turn them around, they didnt listen. They hardened their hearts against Him.

So it didn't work.

Isn't it great? God created the human mind and doesn't know how it works? I know more about the human psyche from a few classes in psychology, sociology, and economics, than you can learn from the Bible or God. Humans know more about humans than God does.

In the New Testament things are different because God sees Jesus' blood and sacrifice. I am not going to try to defend everything God did, because I do not understand everything and why He did it that way and not another way. Like I said, I love Him a lot so I give Him the benefit of the doubt. I am sure He will explain it to us oneday in heaven. Also I do not think we as humans can understand and comprehend if He was to explain His reasons to us now. We just cant.

"Can't," not "cant." And you forgot that "so" works as coordinating conjunction in one of the above sentences. Comma rules, you know. Be perfect, as God is perfect.

I could be spending eternity in hell, but I wont cause He sent His Son. Who am I to complain to Him about why and how He does things? No one. When I create my own universe, then I can call the shots.

Why do you guys have such a hard time submiting to Him?

Because he doesn't exist.

Hes trying to save your lives...but no you want nothing to do with it.

Because it's a fantasy.

YOu want it your way, not His.

Imaginary being doesn't have a "way." To say, "You want it your way, not Batman's way," doesn't make Batman real.

We did not create ourselves.

Of course not.

He created us....we need to accept this fact first.

Or she created us. Or it created us. What created us depends on view, not only on your words.

None of us picked to be here. He picked us.

He didn't if he's not real.