Goodbye Jesus

Im A Christian Again

Guest Justyna

I guess I should read all 44 pages of this before I ask why this person is still coming here and why people are still trying to convince her or him. Person doesn't know that once you make an account here your going straight to hell.

Shhhh... You swore a blood oath not to ever reveal this, you forget?

Love is stronger than logic.

Is this like rock, paper, scissors? :shrug::grin:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

I guess I should read all 44 pages of this before I ask why this person is still coming here and why people are still trying to convince her or him. Person doesn't know that once you make an account here your going straight to hell.

OOPS! I mean ...err...All is forgiven blah blah blah...Footprints on the beach, Jesus was carrying you and stuff like that.

I heard a joke that a comedian said once. I dont even remember his name, but he said this: When people are on an airplane and it goes down..it does not matter who the people are..they automatically start praying to Jesus to save them. They do not pray to Allah and Buddha and all these other gods, they start praying to Jesus for help....lol

That's not a joke. That's a sick fantasy on your part.

I've noticed that Christians do this a lot. They fantasize about unbelievers being in dire situations where they can't deny it anymore.

You're a sick person.

There is no evidence to support that would be the case.

There you go using evidence again! We all know what Justyna thinks of evidence.

I was just telling Thumbelina (who said a similar thing to this) that I was in a life or death situation about three years ago where I was caught in a rip in a surf beach and my legs cramped up on me. I was being smashed about by waves and being dragged out, taking in a lot of salt water. I thought I was a goner. I never did call out to Jesus.

Cat Stevens was at sea during a storm and called out for God to save him, vowing that he would commit his life to God if his life was spared. Cat Stevens lived through that ordeal, became a Muslim, and gave up his music career for many, many years.

Justyna is living in a world of pure fantasy where Jesus is always the default in the minds and heart of mankind, and that's simply not true.

I recently got in contact with an old friend from childhood. She became a Christian and so did her father. I remember her father and he was not the type of person to believe, but he does now.

I was not the type to believe either - many a jaw went through the floor when I 'converted.' It means nothing.

Crazy Donna,

I dont think Jesus wants to reject you. I think He loves you dearly. Its hard to answer this because I dont know you. I dont know your relationship with your father. Sometimes some people have bad relationships or no relationship with their father/mother and that really affects how they relate to God. You feel rejected by Him, but He is not rejecting you. Not at all. Sometimes our mindsets and beliefs prevent us from seeing Gods true love for us. I never had a relationship with my earthly father. He worked a lot...we were well off, but he was never home. I think that is why I longed for God the Father so much. I didnt have that. Today my father and I are not close because he does not like me being a Christian. He also told me to leave Jesus and just live my life like everyone else. I said NO WAY!

So that is another thing that can do it for some people.

So you're telling me the reason god doesn't love me is because I had a dodgy relationship with my dad?!?!?!??!??! BULLSHIT.

What second rate self help book did you read that tripe out of? Because you certainly don't have a psychology degree. I'd be surprised if you even finished high school.

If god actually existed and wanted me, then even a dodgy relationship with my father would be NOTHING. It would be no obstacle. The very fact that you raise this issue of blame against me (that, yet again, it's my fault for not having the right relationship with my dad, just like according to you that it's my fault because I supposedly 'chose' what to believe) further disproves your god's existence. Yet again, when confronted with evidence, you have to rationalise your way around it by making excuses for your supposedly all powerful god.

I knew the only thing you'd be able to argue with would be another variation on the "Its YOUR FAULT" argument. It's the only argument you've been able to present so far, just dressed up in different clothing. First its our fault because we 'chose' to turn away from god. Then it's our fault because apparently atheists are all murderers. Then it's my fault because apparently I have unconfessed sin, even though I asked god to show it to me. Then it's my fault because I have a dodgy relationship with my father.

It's always our fault, because you can't possibly imagine any fault with god. But that is what we are telling you. That the god who makes such a big effort to reveal himself to you either ABANDONED us or doesn't exist. We had the same experiences you have had. But there was no god revealing itself to us. Instead, we had nothing.

Your god is all in your head. It is an invention of your own mind. But then if you really had a psychology qualification, you'd know that was a possibilty. In fact, you'd know it was the most likely explanation for your experience of god.

Doesn't it disturb you that you need to keep making excuses for your god? That you have to somehow keep finding fault with US for obvious failings in your god? That alone should indicate that he is not real.

You came here and lied about your deconversion. Then you come here and TELL us what we believe and what our experiences were. Then you BLAME us for the failings of your imaginary god. You are not prepared to accept the slight possibility that we could be telling the truth about what happened to us. You are filth. I know a lot of christians, but the vast majority would at least have the empathy to try to accept the situation from our perspective. The fact that you flatly refuse to is evidence that you are possibly the worst example of a christian I've ever met. How can you be a christian, filled with the holy spirit, and be so rude, offensive, and have no regard for the feelings of others. You might have had a great opportunity to witness here, had you actually demonstrated the 'fruits of the spirit', but you're just a fake christian, and your behaviour reveals it. You don't care about the experiences of others, you just TELL them what they experienced. You don't have compassion for others, you just deride their experiences and call them liars. You're no christian. And you're no psychologist either.

I dont believe in Santa Clause.

CLAUS. Sorry to nitpick about this, but a really educated person would NEVER make this mistake.

Jesus said...

You have a book that CLAIMS someone named Jesus once said 'I am the way etc.' You can't prove to me that this person even lived, much less ever said such a thing, and we've had our very own Word here on this forum letting everyone know that HE is, in fact, The Way etc.

I guess I should read all 44 pages of this before I ask why this person is still coming here and why people are still trying to convince her or him.

Well for one thing, it entertains us. For another there may be lurkers who may take people like Justyna seriously, so we're doing them a favour by exposing the flaws in her arguments. And I believe we plant the seeds of truth by responding to people like her. Those seeds have the ability to sprout up and bear fruit. Sometimes just one little thing may niggle at their mind and continue to pester them until one day they can deny the truth no longer. I can speak as one such person. I was a fundamentalist Christian myself and used to debate against unbelievers online. I came across arguments i'd never faced before and being a logical person I couldn't just flag them away. They made me realise that many of my Christian beliefs were seriously flawed. Shortly after that I joined up as a member here and learnt so much more. I can now say that I'm enlightened and no longer living in a Christian delusion. Praise "Bob" for sites like this one.

Love is stronger than logic.

Is this like rock, paper, scissors? :shrug::grin:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

And the God of the bible fails when it comes to most of these, thus proving that he is not love.

To me it is sad that those who are on here, do not believe. Of course I understand since I am on an ex-Christian forum...but it is sad that at one point you all believed...but dont anymore. I feel sad that most here have given up on God and accepted the worldly views instead. Its sad that no matter how many real Christians God sends into this foum to tell you the TRUTH...you refuse. You willfully choose death instead of life.

...once and for all...

FUCK YOU.

I was beginning to like you a little when you made that one very human post about confidence/lack thereof. Whether you knew it or not, or meant to or not, you reached out to us there and approached us as fellow human beings. Now we're just - well, I won't put words in your mouth, but we're not real people with valid experiences, just caricatures that you read about in your bible. Anyone else who wishes to continue humoring you is free to do so - you've insulted and dehumanized ME for the last time. Be happy in your delusions, I really don't give a fuck what anyone believes, but kindly write me out of your little script. I'm done.

School is a great experience, I like it a lot, but Jesus is my life :)

And since there's no Jesus, then Justyna HAS no life. Knew that already though...

Yes, that was mean and gratuitous. Felt great too.

OOPS! I mean ...err...All is forgiven blah blah blah...Footprints on the beach, Jesus was carrying you and stuff like that.

Speaking of "footprints on the beach" I was at a fast food establishment today ran by muslims. I go there because the Muslims who run it are such nice friendly people and very honest. One time one came running out to my car to give me 50 cents he'd over charged me. They had that same "Footprint on the Beach" thing on their wall there. Just like Christians they are convinced that their God Allah carries them through difficulties. There really is so little difference between Christianity and Islam, it's not funny.

Education is one thing. Wisedom is another thing.

...and then there's wisdom...

Education is one thing. Wisedom is another thing.

...and then there's wisdom...

Yeah, I ROFLed when I read that. I was hoping someone would pick up on it.

ETA: You guys are sort of an angry bunch that do not like me...so I would not risk it. I dont know what you guys are capable of doing if you knew where I was..lol

Some of us are capable of buying you a cup of coffee and having a heart to heart talk. As for me, I'm way more afraid of you than you need ever be of me. I don't even squash spiders.

Once Convined,

Do you want to be my friend on one of the social networks? Would that make it better? IF that would make you believe in Jesus I would send you an invite in a heartbeat. But it probably will not, cause it is not about me. Its about Jesus. Keep your eyes on Him.

A few years back I was under so much stress in my life that I was feeling suicidal; I contacted the woman who 'led' me to be a Xtian and asked if I could come and spend time in the guest house at her home, just to get away from everything and clear my head, and she, aware that I had stopped going to church, told me she would allow me to stay ONLY if I 'spent time in The Word, went to church,' all that crap. So much 'love' - you're my friend ONLY if you're a good little Christbot. How can one be friends with Christians when they can't even offer simple human love and acceptance? You can't friend someone just to have them as a friend? We make you sad, eh? Well we're even on that score, in spades. Thank Frith I woke up.

Its about Jesus.

Then it's about nothing. Fuck off.

Oh, and you're one sorry-ass representation of your 'god.'

ETA: You guys are sort of an angry bunch that do not like me...so I would not risk it. I dont know what you guys are capable of doing if you knew where I was..lol

Some of us are capable of buying you a cup of coffee and having a heart to heart talk. As for me, I'm way more afraid of you than you need ever be of me. I don't even squash spiders.

:grin:

I'm not angry. :woohoo:

I'm sorry guys, but I can't stop thinking she's a fake, a poser. She's not real, but someone trying the hardest to be a "real" Christian.

I'd so like to be able to agree, and sometimes I do, but I just don't know.

To those that say that everything is in my mind etc. How can this be? Sooooooo many Christians have the same ideas, experiences and stories. So we are ALL deluded and brain-washed? Of course not!

Read "Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds" (link) by Charles Mackey.

So YES.

What about 1/3rd of the world being Muslim? Are they deluded and brain-washed? Of course NOT! According to you. They must have the truth TOO!!! How can that be.

I'm seriously fascinated by you, having a near degree in Psychology and don't know these things... :shrug: Amazing...

Not only amazing, but also incredible. Just like her religion.

in·cred·i·ble

1. so extraordinary as to seem impossible: incredible speed.

2. not credible; hard to believe; unbelievable: The plot of the book is incredible.

I heard a joke that a comedian said once. I dont even remember his name, but he said this: When people are on an airplane and it goes down..it does not matter who the people are..they automatically start praying to Jesus to save them. They do not pray to Allah and Buddha and all these other gods, they start praying to Jesus for help....lol

Aint that the truth!

No.

I developed type I diabetes ten years ago. I lost 35 pounds in a month, there was actual poison in my bloodstream, my skin was turning yellow, my cheek bones protruding - I was a lot closer to death than you've ever been, and it did NOT send me screaming back to any deity but instead woke me up to the fact that I was utterly wasting the one and only life I'll ever have. Today I'm fine with death - if I die today, oh well, I'm on stolen time now as it is. Death is just that last act of life, nothing to fear.

I'm sorry guys, but I can't stop thinking she's a fake, a poser. She's not real, but someone trying the hardest to be a "real" Christian.

I'd so like to be able to agree, and sometimes I do, but I just don't know.

I think Justyna is a feeling person. You know? I mean, she probably came here and saw that we were a cold and cerebral bunch and that has a certain “feel”. But when she goes to church or hangs with her Christian friends she can experience warm, fuzzy feelings. That’s my impression anyway.

:lmao:

Epic.