Goodbye Jesus

Im A Christian Again

Guest Justyna

Guest Justyna

Its not a delusion. It is real.

I almost wish I never said I am going for my PhD in Psychology. Who cares what I study....what school I go to, etc? That is not the point.

When I started my studies, I asked God to help me because I didnt want to be one of those Christians who go to school but then lose their faith because they get caught up in worldly views. And He answered! I think even though I was in those classes and learned all those theories, I never really took it to heart to be honest. I believe Jesus more than I believe the text book and the lectures. Its that simple. I am soooooo glad that He protected me and made certain I never lost my faith in Him.

School is a great experience, I like it a lot, but Jesus is my life :)

I almost wish I never said I am going for my PhD in Psychology. Who cares what I study....what school I go to, etc? That is not the point.

When I started my studies, I asked God to help me because I didnt want to be one of those Christians who go to school but then lose their faith because they get caught up in worldly views. And He answered! I think even though I was in those classes and learned all those theories, I never really took it to heart to be honest. I believe Jesus more than I believe the text book and the lectures. Its that simple. I am soooooo glad that He protected me and made certain I never lost my faith in Him.

I just hope they find the right combination of meds for you , Justyna.

To me it is sad that those who are on here, do not believe. Of course I understand since I am on an ex-Christian forum...but it is sad that at one point you all believed...but dont anymore. I feel sad that most here have given up on God and accepted the worldly views instead. Its sad that no matter how many real Christians God sends into this foum to tell you the TRUTH...you refuse. You willfully choose death instead of life.

You are the only person here who thinks that what you are speaking is the truth. If it was ANYTHING other than christianity we were talking about, you would be able to accept the possibility that you are not right.

It is only sad for you because you have convinced yourself that you are right and that we will all burn in hell for eternity. We don't believe that. So it isn't sad for us. We are not wasting our time believing something there is NO evidence for, other than a few feelings that you have sometimes.

I don't REFUSE to believe anything. I can't believe in something that is so obviously untrue. It's like asking you to believe that Santa exists. You can't do it, and you're too dishonest to admit it because your entire argument hinges on the bullshit idea that we choose not to believe. THere is nothing to do with choice going on. I did not give up on god. Don't insult me again by calling me a liar. I DID NOT CHOOSE to not believe. And don't come here playing the emotion card in a last ditch attempt to GUILT us into agreeing with you and believing.

If your god sent one real christian here who could present evidence for god's existence that stood up to commonsense scrutiny, you'd probably have a busload of believers. But god doesn't. Because god doesn't exist.

I did not choose death over life. Your god offers me no life. He can't, because he doesn't exist. His 'life' is a lie. If I had to constantly try to convince myself that donkeys could talk or that people could come back from the dead just to get what he's offering, I would be living a lie. I refuse to live a lie, either publically or privately. Your god doesn't exist, and you have presented no evidence to back your claims that he does. Instead you rely on appeals to emotion, and insults, to try to bully us into agreeing with you. There is a reason it doesn't work. Your god is a lie.

I studied Psychology for my undergraduate and MBA for my masters. Now I just started the PhD in Psychology. So if it seems like I am not a theologian, it's cause I am not. I just have faith, and its been working well for me. Im really not interested in all these theories, and this that and the other. That is not why I am on this planet..to learn a bunch of theories that are ultimately man-made. I am here for one reason and that is for God..to be His vessel and know Him intimately, and do His will. It's really simple.

If you are "here for one reason", there is NO reason for you to get any degree. Your logic leads to a disinterest in education. Yet you are a walking contradiction and therefore, a hypocrite. The N.T. calls you to go and preach, living off the welfare of believers-not for you to go to school and make money using the wisdom of the world. Man-made education vs. faith. Money vs. giving to the poor. Choose one or the other. You can't serve God and mammon.

Guest Justyna

Believing in Jesus does work for me. I guess I just dont understand why it doesnt for people on here. I dont always get what I want, but being a Christian has been the best part of my life. Traveling and seeing the world, going to University, talking with a few semi-famous people....those were all great things that I experienced. But nothing compares to Jesus and what He has done for me. Nothing compares to Him and His glory. I enjoy life and I make the most of it, but it is nothing compared to the life that is to come.

No one has been a better friend to me than Jesus. Thats the truth. Maybe not everyone is suppose to be close to Him. I mean if you look in the Bible Jesus had His disciples, then He had those who were closer to Him and then He had the masses that sort of just talked about Him and knew of Him.

Believing in Jesus does work for me. I guess I just dont understand why it doesnt for people on here. I dont always get what I want, but being a Christian has been the best part of my life. Traveling and seeing the world, going to University, talking with a few semi-famous people....those were all great things that I experienced. But nothing compares to Jesus and what He has done for me. Nothing compares to Him and His glory. I enjoy life and I make the most of it, but it is nothing compared to the life that is to come.

No one has been a better friend to me than Jesus. Thats the truth. Maybe not everyone is suppose to be close to Him. I mean if you look in the Bible Jesus had His disciples, then He had those who were closer to Him and then He had the masses that sort of just talked about Him and knew of Him.

Justyna,

I don't know if your therapists would approve of your spending so much time on these forums. Take your meds. Then call your therapist tomorrow morning and see if he/she thinks it's healthy for you to be on this website.

Remember, the essence of mental health is to put an end to unhelpful behavior.

Since you know about psychology, what do you call a person who hears voices in his or her head?

In light of what you have just said, I want you to think about something important.

Hypothetically, Justyna, just accept for a moment that everything I have told you about my experience of god is the truth, and that I believed in jesus as passionately as you did. Because that IS the truth.

Now, ask yourself this.

Why does god evidently love you more than he loves me?

Because from where I'm sitting, that is EXACTLY what you're saying. You apparently prayed for healing, and were healed. I prayed for years for healing, believing it would happen, and nothing. Why does he love you more than he loves me? Why are you the christian and I'm the ex christian?

I await your response, and "It is his will" won't do. I want you to think about this and answer me properly, not give some bullshit 'god's will' explanation. You have the holy spirit, apparently, so you have the advantage. So just man up and answer the question.

I dont believe in Santa Clause. Santa never said he was the Savior of the world...Jesus said He is. That is the difference. Jesus is the Son of God and He says so.

So just because someone says they're the savior of the world, we should take them more seriously than someone who doesn't?

I have been hearing this comparison to Santa a couple times and it holds no water. Jesus said He is the Way the Truth and the Life. Santa did none of these things. That is the big difference.

It is a very valid comparison because your God is no different to Santa in our books. There is no evidence to show that Jesus did or said any of the things the bible said and you'd be gullible to believe it just because of the claism he maid about himself. Just because he claimed to be the son of God is irrelevent. We're talking about belief here. We are trying to get you to see how belief works. Just like you yourself have no desire or ability to believe in Santa, neither do we have the desire or ability to believe in Jesus.

Guest Perfect Insanity

Its sad that no matter how many real Christians God sends into this foum to tell you the TRUTH...you refuse. You willfully choose death instead of life.

If God is sending them, why can't any of them agree on even the most basic doctrines? Every one of the Christians I've seen come on here and preach has told a completely different story, each Christian contradicting each other. As Paul put it, is Christ divided? His followers sure are.

[quote name='Justyna'

Im not going to say where I went to school because that would give away the city I live in. I really dont feel comftorable with that on this board. They are all accredited and good schools. Its not Harvard or Oxford, but they are good schools nevertheless.

... ok ... something VERY strange going on here!! This person does not want to give away who she (he) is but puts a photo supposedly of herself in her profile?? Like most of what she is saying just does NOT add up!

Oroboros,

I dont hear voices, I hear The Voice. That is different.

So what do you call people who claim to hear a voice in their head that is not their own?

Possessed?

Guest Justyna

Crazy Donna,

A wild shot in the dark.....I am going to say that it has something to do with unconfessed sin. Sin keeps us from knowing Him. Sin keeps us from having our prayers answered...from hearing His voice. I know you will say you were "sinless" but please be real. It could be sins you are unaware of. God showed me sins I never KNEW I commited.

When I was away from Him..it was hard for me to hear from Him. It was hard for me to feel His pressence, and peace. Life was super hard without Him, and I am glad I am not in that position anymore.

Crazy Donna,

A wild shot in the dark.....I am going to say that it has something to do with unconfessed sin. Sin keeps us from knowing Him. Sin keeps us from having our prayers answered...from hearing His voice. I know you will say you were "sinless" but please be real. It could be sins you are unaware of. God showed me sins I never KNEW I commited.

When I was away from Him..it was hard for me to hear from Him. It was hard for me to feel His pressence, and peace. Life was super hard without Him, and I am glad I am not in that position anymore.

Like I said, imagine I was like you. Wouldn't god show me my unconfessed sin? Why did he show YOU and not ME? I was not sinless. And if I am unaware of a sin, am I guilty of it without being aware of it? What kind of a god would do that? Deliberately hide sins from his followers to prevent them from coming closer to him? Why does he reject me, and not you?

I confessed every sin I could think of, and I prayed about sins I didn't even know about. I did ask him to forgive me for such sins, repeatedly. Even sins I was not sure whether were sins or not. Come on, try harder than that. If I was as faithful a believer as you, god would show me such sins. Why didn't he?

Guest Justyna

Ouroboros,

I am not sure what I call someone who hears a voice that is not their own. Depends on the person I guess. Like I hear Gods voice...I think that is perfectly fine.

Some people do hear voices, lots of them. I study psychology, but I am also a Christian. Some Christians say if a person hears voices, they are possessed. Some Christians believe in mental illnesses etc. I am not sure where I stand on this one. I just started my PhD program so I really dont know everything. (I probably never will). So I cant answer this question. What is the point of answering this question if I am just going to get slammed for it..no matter what I say, someone is bound to disagree. So better not answer.

Just a thought that popped into my mind.

Education is one thing. Wisedom is another thing.

I dont think it is about logic. Jesus was God and then became man..that is not logical. Jesus did many miracles, that is not logical. Jesus died and took our sins, again no logic. Jesus rose from the dead....no logic.

But what about Santa's miracles? He knows which kids are naughty and nice. He can get into every house he wants to with no difficulty at all. He makes reindeers fly and can get around faster than the speed of light to get to every house he needs to within an alotted time. And he's immortal! He's never died! That makes him greater than Jesus who needed resurrection. That's just scratching the surface of how miraculous Santa is.

Its about belief and faith. Logic will never really explain Jesus...He defies logic. He is way past that. We only have human logic...that is not enough. What we think up with our theories and concepts is nothing.

He defies logic because he's non existant and none of the stories about him are true. That's why.

And anyway, most Christians claim to understand him. I take it you don't? Doesn't say much for the Holy spirit, does it?

Your arguments here are typical Christian cop outs. It shows us that you are willing to believe a lot of BS without even thinking seriously about it. We can't respect you for that.

If you want to witness to us you need to realise that the issues we bring up are crucial. They can't be just swept under the carpet like you seem content to do. If they can't be resolved, then you can't expect us to believe any of the claims you make.

Those who do not believe in Jesus, their eyes have not been opened. They do not see, and they do not hear His voice.

Then this shows a weakness on the part of your God who is clearly unable to reach us. No walls should be big enough that God cannot penetrate them. If he truly loved us he'd do everything in his power to reach us and he wouldn't rely on falllible humans to do the job for him.

Guest Justyna

Crazy Donna,

I dont think Jesus wants to reject you. I think He loves you dearly. Its hard to answer this because I dont know you. I dont know your relationship with your father. Sometimes some people have bad relationships or no relationship with their father/mother and that really affects how they relate to God. You feel rejected by Him, but He is not rejecting you. Not at all. Sometimes our mindsets and beliefs prevent us from seeing Gods true love for us. I never had a relationship with my earthly father. He worked a lot...we were well off, but he was never home. I think that is why I longed for God the Father so much. I didnt have that. Today my father and I are not close because he does not like me being a Christian. He also told me to leave Jesus and just live my life like everyone else. I said NO WAY!

So that is another thing that can do it for some people.

To me I feel blessed because I dont need to "reason it" or figure it all out, or anything like that.

And I feel blessed that I am able to use reason and that I no longer have to believe everything I read. I'd personally hate to go back to being a child that needs someone to tell you what to believe.

Im not going to say where I went to school because that would give away the city I live in. I really dont feel comftorable with that on this board. They are all accredited and good schools. Its not Harvard or Oxford, but they are good schools nevertheless.

But yet you are happy to put a photograph up of yourself? This leads me to believe that that photograph is probably not you and just there to get the attention of us guys and perhaps the lesbian/bi-sexual women amongst us.

Ouroboros,

I am not sure what I call someone who hears a voice that is not their own. Depends on the person I guess. Like I hear Gods voice...I think that is perfectly fine.

Some people do hear voices, lots of them. I study psychology, but I am also a Christian. Some Christians say if a person hears voices, they are possessed. Some Christians believe in mental illnesses etc. I am not sure where I stand on this one. I just started my PhD program so I really dont know everything. (I probably never will). So I cant answer this question. What is the point of answering this question if I am just going to get slammed for it..no matter what I say, someone is bound to disagree. So better not answer.

You are pursuing a PhD in psychology and you are not sure mental illnesses exist? Did I read that right? :eek:

P

Guest Justyna

Once Convinced,

So I cant put a picture of myself up like everyone else? Come on...please.

YOu cant locate me just using my photo. I can be anywhere in the US. If I said I went to Florida State University, you would have my name, my photo and my school. (I did not go there by the way). So actually it DOES sort of prove that that is me, and that is my name etc..since I am being cautious. If I was lying about who I am then, I would just state where I went to school without a worry. Also my name is unusual,(its also a unique spelling..most spell it Justina) so that is why I am being careful. Enough said. I dont have to defend myself in this department..as it does not matter what I look like. Its about Jesus.

ETA: You guys are sort of an angry bunch that do not like me...so I would not risk it. I dont know what you guys are capable of doing if you knew where I was..lol

Wow. Where did you go to school?

Uni of Alabama, Tuscaloosa. More liberal than you'd think, but still with tenured assfucks that haven't left the 1950's.

Ouroboros,

Ah. You are just in the beginning. Now it's starting to make some sense. I'm sure, if you hold true to what you learn, that you will change your mind.

Its sad that no matter how many real Christians God sends into this foum to tell you the TRUTH...you refuse. You willfully choose death instead of life.

If God is sending them, why can't any of them agree on even the most basic doctrines? Every one of the Christians I've seen come on here and preach has told a completely different story, each Christian contradicting each other. As Paul put it, is Christ divided? His followers sure are.

Insanity, christians in here may disagree on doctrine, attributed to different church backgrounds. Im pretty sure we all agree that Jesus is the Christ/Messiah.

To me it is sad that those who are on here, do not believe.

It is normally sad to begin with, but then that sadness goes. I'm happy that I am no longer in the Christian delusion anymore.

Of course I understand since I am on an ex-Christian forum.

I doubt you really understand. Your posts say otherwise. Unless you have finally started to understand. Have you started to understand?

I feel sad that most here have given up on God and accepted the worldly views instead.

Oh dear. Seems you don't understand at all. How many times do we have to say it? None of us gave up on God. That's what Christians do and then they end up going back later on, because they never stopped believing. Yes, you were one of those, Justyna who gave up on God, not us. To give up on god we would have to believe in him. What we gave up on was following a religion that was clearly man made, a religion that proved itself to be false to us.

Its sad that no matter how many real Christians God sends into this foum

So far I have never seen any Christians on this forum who show all the fruits of the holy spirit. So it's unlikely we've ever had any "real" Christians come through here at all. Only deluded people who believe they're real Christians. As long as all we get are deluded idiots who are unable to think rationally and are unable to give logical answers to questions, then nothing will change. If you really did have God behind you, then you'd be able to convince us of anything. Your Godly wisdom would overwhelm us.

to tell you the TRUTH..

So far all we get from so-called Christians is a lot of bullshit. You are no different to any of those others.

.you refuse.

I am UNABLE to believe in bullshit. That's not my fault.

You willfully choose death instead of life.

Nope. I chose life. And i choose to live it rather than waste it on religious bullshit.

This entire post of yours shows us that you still do not understand.