Goodbye Jesus

I Repent

Guest Perfect Insanity

Guest Perfect Insanity

Ignore the government part you would have an arguement. Its prophecy, its all or nothing, it all has to fit.

I don't see the problem. If someone is God, of course the government is gonna be on their shoulder.

Is jesus a politician? He never at least in my perspective taken government on his shoulders. This is a prophecy for jesus being the messiah right? And what government anyway, the roman government, president obama, what government.

If your looking for jesus prophecy in the OT you should find a direct correlation to the NT.

I don't know, I'm no scholar.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Guest Valk0010

Ignore the government part you would have an arguement. Its prophecy, its all or nothing, it all has to fit.

I don't see the problem. If someone is God, of course the government is gonna be on their shoulder.

Is jesus a politician? He never at least in my perspective taken government on his shoulders. This is a prophecy for jesus being the messiah right? And what government anyway, the roman government, president obama, what government.

If your looking for jesus prophecy in the OT you should find a direct correlation to the NT.

You should. Think about it, if you can't find connection from the gospels back into the OT, or OT talking about stuff in the NT, you lost on finding a prophecy for jesus.

Guest Perfect Insanity

You should. Think about it, if you can't find connection from the gospels back into the OT, or OT talking about stuff in the NT, you lost on finding a prophecy for jesus.

I wasn't focusing on that part of it much. Most of these prophecies are so vague that you can't tell what the hell they're talking about, they could mean anything. "There will be a war." Later on a war happens. Holy shit, I'm a prophet! But seriously, even this one is not necessarily that clear on what it's talking about, but what caught my eye was the part that says "the mighty God".

Guest Valk0010

I wasn't focusing on that part of it much. Most of these prophecies are so vague that you can't tell what the hell they're talking about, they could mean anything. "There will be a war." Later on a war happens. Holy shit, I'm a prophet! But seriously, even this one is not necessarily that clear on what it's talking about, but what caught my eye was the part that says "the mighty God".

That is the key in my opinion to being a thinker, gotta notice shit like that. Government, what now!

Guest Perfect Insanity

That is the key in my opinion to being a thinker, gotta notice shit like that. Government, what now!

I did notice it. It just didn't seem like an issue to me. Still doesn't, really.

Guest Valk0010

I did notice it. It just didn't seem like an issue to me. Still doesn't, really.

Whatever, hey, take half a verse as a true prophecy of jesus, and evidence for it and ignore the part that doesn't fit. Yay evidence for jesus, can I believe now.

--

Sorry I am being condescending.

Guest Perfect Insanity

Whatever, hey, take half a verse as a true prophecy of jesus, and evidence for it and ignore the part that doesn't fit. Yay evidence for jesus, can I believe now.

--

I ignored nothing. I'm not even defending the verse. I'm not looking for reasons to believe. I'm not trying to make it say something that's not there. I don't give a shit either way. If someone is a god, or even a king, is the government gonna be "on their shoulders"? Yeah, I would think so.

Guest Valk0010

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6

How do you explain this?

For to us a child is born(well any messiah gotta be born)

unto us a son is given (well it wouldn't ever be female if you know the culture)

Unless this is somehow a prophecy for the end times( which could easily given the time period of the writings be pure embellishment on the part of the writer of revelations, otherwise known as BS) this is talking about Jesus

Jesus dealt with the kingdom of heaven, never was to lead on earth like a government would till some people's views of the end times, but in spirit is where he would rule. Its already been said was some jews of the era of jesus, viewed the messiah as being, to me, based of this verse and how its written, it would make more sense taken in that context, it didn't say the government would be put on his shoulders at the end times for example. And the stuff about shall can easily be taken as to mean later then when Isiah was written at any time.

"Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace."

Is stuff the disciples right or wrong would have called Jesus anyway.

Guest Valk0010

--

I ignored nothing. I'm not even defending the verse. I'm not looking for reasons to believe. I'm not trying to make it say something that's not there. I don't give a shit either way. If someone is a god, or even a king, is the government gonna be "on their shoulders"? Yeah, I would think so.

And I am trying to tell you, you would have seen it in the NT. And by the way, it would only be one government, its singular. And revelations is written so late after the gospels, that even it was debated by martin luther if it should be in the canon. So any arguments about a later one world government are sketchy to the point of no return, because the stuff hasn't happened yet.

Show me verses where jesus became more then a spiritual leader. He didn't take the nation of Israel politically on his shoulders.

Nevermind I guess, one person's view on important things to look at, if you wanna be a skeptic, is different then anothers.

Guest Perfect Insanity

And I am trying to tell you, you would have seen it in the NT. And by the way, it would only be one government, its singular. And revelations is written so late after the gospels, that even it was debated by martin luther if it should be in the canon. So any arguments about a later one world government are sketchy to the point of no return, because the stuff hasn't happened yet.

Show me verses where jesus became more then a spiritual leader. He didn't take the nation of Israel politically on his shoulders.

Nevermind I guess, one person's view on important things to look at, if you wanna be a skeptic, is different then anothers.

As far as I know, that's not why Martin Luther was skeptical of it. Maybe it was one of the reasons, but I've read that he didn't like the book based on how it portrays God. The wrath, vengeance, etc. Not unlike some of the stories in the Old Testament. Whatever the reason was, I think he later changed his mind about it anyway.

Guest Valk0010

As far as I know, that's not why Martin Luther was skeptical of it. Maybe it was one of the reasons, but I've read that he didn't like the book based on how it portrays God. The wrath, vengeance, etc. Not unlike some of the stories in the Old Testament. Whatever the reason was, I think he later changed his mind about it anyway.

Come to think of it, your right on that Martin Luther bit. I didn't know exactly what reason it was, but I don't remember it being because of how late the book was written.

That verse calls the messiah God.

The Hebrew word 'el can also be translated "the mighty one" (like a warrior king).

The choice of translating it to "God" was a choice of the translators, not necessarily the intended meaning of the author.

In Isaiah 57:5, 'el is translated "idols." Why?

" Enflaming yourselves with idols under every green tree, slaying the children in the valleys under the clifts of the rocks?"

Why shouldn't it be translated "idols"? Does "el" generally mean something else? I'm sure you understand the context a lot better than I do.

EDIT: Disregard that, I'm stupid. I just now noticed that you were talking about the same word Hebrew word in both verses.

My point here is that the word that is translated "God" can be translated to other words that doesn't make it as perfect for the Christian interpretation of the prophecy. If you talk to a Jew about this verse, they might consider the correct translation to be "mighty leader" or "goodly warrior."

The word 'el is translated to all these different words in the Bible: God, god (generic god, not YHWH God), power, mighty, goodly, great, idols, might, strong. So it was the choice of the Christian translators to specifically pick the word "God" for this verse. Why did they do it? Because they considered this verse to be a prophecy of Jesus. They translated it to fit their belief. Do you see how it's done? If one verse says "Xyz is evil" and another one says "Xyz is good." And you want to make the verse fit the goodness, then you translate the first Xyz to "satan" so the verse reads "satan is evil," but for the second verse you translate Xyz to "Jesus" and the verse reads "Jesus is good." So in the translation, it looks like: "Satan is evil. Jesus is good." But in the original text it says "Xyz is evil. Xyz is good."

Literally? Like God is sitting in the government building and is helping out? Is he a secretary or is he vice president?

If Jesus is all the other things in the verse in literal sense, then he must be this part also in a literal sense. We can't switch between figure of speech in the middle of the verse.

It's like saying: Bob is a human and a chicken. And you mean human, as really a physical human, and a chicken in figurative sense. It would be very confusing, at least for a prophecy. If the prophecy is all true, then why is Jesus only figuratively holding up governments, but he is literally God? Who decides how to interpret this? Jesus followers only? How about when they disagree? Who should we believe to interpret these things right for us? The Southern Baptists or the liberal scholars?

Why not read the rest of the chapter:

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this. 8 The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel. 9 And all the people shall know , even Ephraim and the inhabitant of Samaria, that say in the pride and stoutness of heart, 10 The bricks are fallen down , but we will build with hewn stones: the sycomores are cut down , but we will change them into cedars. 11 Therefore the LORD shall set up the adversaries of Rezin against him, and join his enemies together ;

So, tell me, is his government in place? Not in this world. Does it have peace? Well, it doesn't show on this planet.

I think the tribe of Ephraim is long gone, it died out (IIRC). My understanding is that all Jews today are descendants to Judah, only one of the tribes. The other 11 are gone.

So are the bricks (which ones?) fallen down? Are the sycamores cut down? Have they replaced them with cedars?

And who is Rezin? How can anyone of us be enemies to Rezin? Is that yet some other figure of speech? Or is it metaphorical for Russia or something like that? So the enemies of Russia will fight against Jesus? Or... :shrug:

So where oh where are the fulfillment of these prophecies?

Guest Perfect Insanity

Literally? Like God is sitting in the government building and is helping out? Is he a secretary or is he vice president?

If Jesus is all the other things in the verse in literal sense, then he must be this part also in a literal sense. We can't switch between figure of speech in the middle of the verse.

It's like saying: Bob is a human and a chicken. And you mean human, as really a physical human, and a chicken in figurative sense. It would be very confusing, at least for a prophecy. If the prophecy is all true, then why is Jesus only figuratively holding up governments, but he is literally God? Who decides how to interpret this? Jesus followers only? How about when they disagree? Who should we believe to interpret these things right for us? The Southern Baptists or the liberal scholars?

Why not read the rest of the chapter:

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this. 8 The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel. 9 And all the people shall know , even Ephraim and the inhabitant of Samaria, that say in the pride and stoutness of heart, 10 The bricks are fallen down , but we will build with hewn stones: the sycomores are cut down , but we will change them into cedars. 11 Therefore the LORD shall set up the adversaries of Rezin against him, and join his enemies together ;

So, tell me, is his government in place? Not in this world. Does it have peace? Well, it doesn't show on this planet.

I think the tribe of Ephraim is long gone, it died out (IIRC). My understanding is that all Jews today are descendants to Judah, only one of the tribes. The other 11 are gone.

So are the bricks (which ones?) fallen down? Are the sycamores cut down? Have they replaced them with cedars?

And who is Rezin? How can anyone of us be enemies to Rezin? Is that yet some other figure of speech? Or is it metaphorical for Russia or something like that? So the enemies of Russia will fight against Jesus? Or... :shrug:

So where oh where are the fulfillment of these prophecies?

Yeah, I don't know, I wasn't defending it, I just didn't see an issue. I guess there is one, I'm not involved in politics, I don't know.

Know something funny? One of those verses in the rest of the chapter you quoted, this one right here:

The bricks are fallen down , but we will build with hewn stones: the sycomores are cut down , but we will change them into cedars.

Someone said God told them that was about 9/11. Seriously. That's proof that people take these vague verses and make them out to mean anything.

The bricks are fallen down , but we will build with hewn stones: the sycomores are cut down , but we will change them into cedars.

Someone said God told them that was about 9/11. Seriously. That's proof that people take these vague verses and make them out to mean anything.

Yeah, that's kind of weird. If the chapter is about Jesus and a prophecy about what he has done (or will do), it would mean Jesus was behind 9/11. Jesus attacked the twin towers. Jesus is a Muslim?

Guest Perfect Insanity

Yeah, that's kind of weird. If the chapter is about Jesus and a prophecy about what he has done (or will do), it would mean Jesus was behind 9/11. Jesus attacked the twin towers. Jesus is a Muslim?

It's stupid, people take the vague verses completely out of context and make them say whatever they want.

I forget the whole story behind that verse and 9/11, but it had something to do with them replacing a sycomore tree that had been knocked down with a cedar tree.

Guest Perfect Insanity

The title of this thread is "I Repent". Maybe it's time that I finally do just that.

To everyone here - I sincerely apologize. For being a pain in the ass. For being a post spamming attention whore. For being a whiny little bitch. For rejecting your help, and trying to rationalize it.

I'm changing my ways.

I'm changing my ways.

Definitely sounds positive. I hope you follow through.

Guest Perfect Insanity

I'm posting this to remind myself not to fall back into the false idea that eventually, I'll come around and everything will be fine.

That's a lie.

Fuck it, I don't repent. I'm posting this, and I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks about it.

I've lost the will to live. Too afraid of death to kill myself, but too held back to live. More and more every day, the scales fall off of my eyes, allowing me to see myself for what I really am. I hate this person. So fucking much. I can't stand it. Seeing myself in the mirror, I just want to break the mirror. I hate this guy. For reasons I will not explain.

I will not see a shrink. I don't have the money for that shit, and I don't trust them to begin with. I don't like it and I won't do it. If you call that rejecting my only true form of help, fine, whatever. I don't give a shit. I have my reasons.

What I said before....

The title of this thread is "I Repent". Maybe it's time that I finally do just that.

To everyone here - I sincerely apologize. For being a pain in the ass. For being a post spamming attention whore. For being a whiny little bitch. For rejecting your help, and trying to rationalize it.

I'm changing my ways.

Hahahahaha. That's funny. Really.

Disregard it.

As someone who has been close enough to death to smell its breath, and as someone who has lost friends and family who were far younger than they should have been when they passed, I feel a need to point out something...

The sheer odds that you are who you are, and every single person in this world being here... is phenomenal. To know that this is it, to know that once you die, the you who was is no more---wake up. Please, for your own sake.

What a wonderful opportunity life is. Even if it's not the happy life you have, there are sure to be people who have it worse, as well as people who don't reflect at all upon what kind of person they are.

Alright. You hate yourself. Gotcha. Well, you don't have to hate yourself, you know. You don't have to go on beating yourself up. Because it's obviously not working out for you, is it? You want to give up on your life? Well, you know what? If plan A needs to be scrapped, then make a plan B or plan C.

I walked away from a car wreck that should have killed me. Didn't call it a miracle.

But I did call it a second chance.

You don't need to have a major event happen to cause a change. You can claim your second chance, or write a new chapter in your life at any time.

And you might not trust shrinks. Well. That's up to you. As for me, I needed the help and got it. And yes, it did help. And yeah, I'm far from perfect. But I'm happy with life. I can take the bad with the good.

Good luck, either way. Try not to end it. Think of how far back your DNA has traveled. All that time, just to become you. Doesn't have to come to an end just yet, you know...

I'm posting this to remind myself not to fall back into the false idea that eventually, I'll come around and everything will be fine.

That's a lie.

Fuck it, I don't repent. I'm posting this, and I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks about it.

I've lost the will to live. Too afraid of death to kill myself, but too held back to live. More and more every day, the scales fall off of my eyes, allowing me to see myself for what I really am. I hate this person. So fucking much. I can't stand it. Seeing myself in the mirror, I just want to break the mirror. I hate this guy. For reasons I will not explain.

I will not see a shrink. I don't have the money for that shit, and I don't trust them to begin with. I don't like it and I won't do it. If you call that rejecting my only true form of help, fine, whatever. I don't give a shit. I have my reasons.

What I said before....

I'm changing my ways.

Hahahahaha. That's funny. Really.

Disregard it.

Guest Perfect Insanity

As someone who has been close enough to death to smell its breath, and as someone who has lost friends and family who were far younger than they should have been when they passed, I feel a need to point out something...

The sheer odds that you are who you are, and every single person in this world being here... is phenomenal. To know that this is it, to know that once you die, the you who was is no more---wake up. Please, for your own sake.

What a wonderful opportunity life is. Even if it's not the happy life you have, there are sure to be people who have it worse, as well as people who don't reflect at all upon what kind of person they are.

Alright. You hate yourself. Gotcha. Well, you don't have to hate yourself, you know. You don't have to go on beating yourself up. Because it's obviously not working out for you, is it? You want to give up on your life? Well, you know what? If plan A needs to be scrapped, then make a plan B or plan C.

I walked away from a car wreck that should have killed me. Didn't call it a miracle.

But I did call it a second chance.

You don't need to have a major event happen to cause a change. You can claim your second chance, or write a new chapter in your life at any time.

And you might not trust shrinks. Well. That's up to you. As for me, I needed the help and got it. And yes, it did help. And yeah, I'm far from perfect. But I'm happy with life. I can take the bad with the good.

Good luck, either way. Try not to end it. Think of how far back your DNA has traveled. All that time, just to become you. Doesn't have to come to an end just yet, you know...

Don't worry, I'm not stupid enough to think that I have it bad. No, far from it.

I just hate the person I've become, and I don't want to live under my own skin anymore. You say I can claim my second chance at any time, but it doesn't work like that.

Guest Perfect Insanity

Why the fuck can't I just be a normal guy for once.

I would like to thank religion for permanently fucking up my brain. I would like to thank myself for being the way I was growing up, molding myself into a sorry weak ass piece of shit. I would like to thank so many Christians in this world for showing so much love for their fellow man, killing people for being different, brainwashing, lying, inflicting emotional pain on people by protesting their family's funeral, bragging about how this person is now burning in hell. For inflicting fear on people in order to control them and scare them into their religion/cult, for fucking people up one way or another. Thank you so much, you fucking Jesus freaks. Take your "loving message" and shove it up your ass.

FUCK.

I would like to thank religion for permanently fucking up my brain. I would like to thank myself for being the way I was growing up, molding myself into a sorry weak ass piece of shit. I would like to thank so many Christians in this world for showing so much love for their fellow man, killing people for being different, brainwashing, lying, inflicting emotional pain on people by protesting their family's funeral, bragging about how this person is now burning in hell. For inflicting fear on people in order to control them and scare them into their religion/cult, for fucking people up one way or another. Thank you so much, you fucking Jesus freaks. Take your "loving message" and shove it up your ass.

FUCK.

I hope you said that standing up and shouting loudly.

• Super Moderator

Perhaps because you refuse to get the necessary help.