Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

Trending topic on my FB: Sheriffs who are sending Joe Biden a letter outlining their plan to ignore "unconstitutional" federal rulings against assault rifles. I'm a gun loving liberal , just a bit tired of the same shit on FB every day....

• Like 2

Trending topic on my FB: Sheriffs who are sending Joe Biden a letter outlining their plan to ignore "unconstitutional" federal rulings against assault rifles. I'm a gun loving liberal , just a bit tired of the same shit on FB every day....

Yeah, I agree (except I'm more of a "gun-indifferent moderate"). The real tragedy that both sides of the debate are missing is the sorry state of affairs for the mentally ill in this country. I mean, sure they've mentioned it when it suits their fancy, but it's mostly been "OH NOES IN A FEW YEARS I MIGHT ONLY BE ABLE TO BUY LOW CAPACITY MAGAZINES FOR MY ASSAULT RIFLES!" If the real problem is the mentally ill, then why doesn't anyone seem to give a rat's ass about them? 

• Like 2

I agree with Bendy and I think the main issue is not being addressed, once again.  It is the fact that the only facility we have for the mentally ill is the prison, and only after they have seriously injured or killed someone. Up until then, they don't get any help at all, especially if they are poor.  This is a fact.

Your observation is correct, squareone; they poke fun at themselves without seeing the irony of its intrinsic lunacy that makes it so easy to poke fun at.

Yeah, I agree (except I'm more of a "gun-indifferent moderate"). The real tragedy that both sides of the debate are missing is the sorry state of affairs for the mentally ill in this country. I mean, sure they've mentioned it when it suits their fancy, but it's mostly been "OH NOES IN A FEW YEARS I MIGHT ONLY BE ABLE TO BUY LOW CAPACITY MAGAZINES FOR MY ASSAULT RIFLES!" If the real problem is the mentally ill, then why doesn't anyone seem to give a rat's ass about them? 

Too bad the Bill of Rights doesn't include the right to mental health. :-)

careful, if you're not from the US or don't have a degree in constitutional law, you are not allowed to state the bleeding obvious about guns in America on this website.

• Like 1

Enough of us are that the Prez was able to introduce the gun reform laws he wants passed. We're trying, man, we're trying. What shocked me: there was a "freeze" on research regarding guns and violence in the US that the President wants lifted. WTF? Why could the NRA possibly want a freeze on that? Why was there such a ban in the first place? Oddly, amid all the shrieking about magazine capacities, no FB crazies have addressed that, I don't think.

• Like 2

Have we forgotten God, or has he forgotten us?  

On the subject of gun control, I find it hard to understand the average American's obsession with guns.  The US firearm death rate is 9 per 100,000.  Here in the UK it's just 0.22.

It stands to reason that if it's easy to buy a gun, it's going to be easy for a mentally deranged person to get hold of one.  

I never understood the 2nd Amendment argument either.  I mean, when did a US citizen last have to shoot a police officer or government official because of "tyranny"?   They're living in a free, democratic nation, not communist China for crying out loud.  

• Like 1

"Only GOD can heal her. Thts why we need lots of prayers."

Yes... strange that she's being taken to the hospital then.

Poor child.  I hope she gets well.

Why could the NRA possibly want a freeze on that? Why was there such a ban in the first place?

That's a really good question.

careful, if you're not from the US or don't have a degree in constitutional law, you are not allowed to state the bleeding obvious about guns in America on this website.

Two common memes in the USA (my home):

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people."  

"If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

Two great conversation stoppers, right there. Though we wouldn't want to compare killing efficiency of guns to say, knives.or rocks. Nor would we want to consider our need for high capacity magazines for everyday 'home protection.'  Burglars and robbers usually attack in mobs of 30 or more....not. Seems to me most of the criminals now don't have guns...at least they forgot to bring them along. Probably even fewer criminals would have guns if they were outlawed, but yes, in that case only outlaws, well and the cops, would have guns.

I wonder who the person was (with common sense) that decided that the 'right to bear arms' should be interpreted to mean small bore rifles? Why can't I own a rocket launcher or grenades or missiles? I believe my 2nd Amendment right has been violated all along! :-)

Well, they won't be taking away ALL our guns, just the scary black guns maybe, but probably not. Unfortunately a lot of Americans think the only form of self protection is a gun.

Enough of us are that the Prez was able to introduce the gun reform laws he wants passed. We're trying, man, we're trying. What shocked me: there was a "freeze" on research regarding guns and violence in the US that the President wants lifted. WTF? Why could the NRA possibly want a freeze on that? Why was there such a ban in the first place? Oddly, amid all the shrieking about magazine capacities, no FB crazies have addressed that, I don't think.

Must silence any research that says guns are dangerous... oh and lead paint doesn't kill children...children eating lead paint kills children....same with atomic weapons. You hear that North Korea!? ha :-)

Really I'm a moderate regarding guns. It's just fun to rant. lol

'right to bear arms'

Invented in a time before there weren't even street-lights, let alone police.  When it took a minute to prepare each shot of your single action rifle.

• Like 1

This from my sister:  i wanted to point out something very very obvious about Rick Warren but decided not to, LOL.

it IS ok even REQUIRED to look after ourselves, slow down & rest withOUT guilt thinking I must be doing something productive all the time .. time to work n time to rest....couple of devos this morning with this theme ..this is Rick Warrens: .. Maintaining Physical Health

Love is exhausting. It's work to really love. Most people don't understand that their physical condition has a strong impact on their relationships and their ability to love.

What happens to your relationships when you're run down? Little issues become big problems when you're tired. You're more cranky, defensive, and critical when you're physically low.

What are some habits the Bible says will physically refresh you?

Rest - "It's senseless for you to work so hard from early morning till late at night. God wants you to get your proper rest." (Psalm 127:2 LB) Sometimes the most spiritual thing you can do is just get some rest. It's amazing how much better things look after a good night's sleep. Many of you are too tired to love your kids, too tired to love your husband, and too tired to love your wife.

Balanced Diet--"You made my body, Lord, now give me the sense to head your laws." (Psalm 119:73 LB) It's a no-brainer, but choosing fruits and vegetables over chips and cookies will give us more sustained energy.

Regular Exercise--"Honor God with your body." (1 Corinthians 6:20 NIV) Our bodies were made for activity. In Bible times they didn't have to exercise; they walked everywhere, they did physical work. But most of us have sedentary lives, and we drive everywhere. Yet, you really only have two choices in life: fatigue or fitness. Fitness involves regular exercise.

383386_4728274043754_143688491_n.jpg

FB Friends lets see just how many law suits we can get out of posting this. How many of my friends will post this?

Found this on my newsfeed this morning from my aunt.  *sigh*   And just who is bringing lawsuits against these poor, persecuted christian Facebook posters??

• Like 1

That's pretty ridiculous.

734993_10100146702409290_744422083_n.jpg

says my sister-in-law currently living in my sister's basement paying only $100 a month and makeing $36,000  a year and has a boyfriend with a place of his own.

repuke.gif

• Like 1

Here's a new one I saw on fb from a website called "Inherit the Mirth -- Where Faith Meets Funny"

snowman-evolution-copy.jpg

• Like 3

That is incredible.

Sweet merciful heavens I hope that is a parody of creationist nonsense, rather than actual creationist nonsense.

• Like 1

That is incredible.

Sweet merciful heavens I hope that is a parody of creationist nonsense, rather than actual creationist nonsense.

appears to be legit: http://inheritthemirth.com/index.php?did=3

Some of those cards are actually pretty funny, and I like the artwork.

But yeah those snowmen...

a9779_ORIG-JesusFacepalm.jpg

That is incredible.

Why did my gaydar just go off the scale with that dude's picture? 

That is incredible.

Why did my gaydar just go off the scale with that dude's picture? 

Same here.

I think he wants you to feel Christ's love... deep on the inside. Hard and rugged, manly love. Solid love.

Thrusting into your soul...

• Like 1

I think he wants you to feel Christ's love... deep on the inside. Hard and rugged, manly love. Solid love.

Thrusting into your soul...

"Behold, I come quickly"

F0uMqrZ.jpg