Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

Just another funny post from my fundy Muslim friend - cursed for plucking eyebrows! Just about every Muslim woman around here is cursed I guess.

Praise be to Allaah.
It says in Fataawa al-Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen:

Plucking of women’s eyebrows is not permissible, it is the namas for which the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the one who does it. The naamisah is the one who does it for someone else and the mutanammisah is the one who asks someone else to do it for her (as mentioned in the hadeeth). The same applies if a woman does it for herself. It is haraam and is not permitted.

... Allaah is Wise in what He decrees for His slaves. Some people are beautiful in appearance and some are not; the entire matter is in the hand of Allaah. It is essential to be patient and seek reward with Allaah, and not to transgress His sacred limits for the sake of one's own whims and desires.

What I think is that you should not remove anything from the eyebrows at all, unless there is hair outside of the line of the eyebrows, such as if there is a mole from which a hair is growing. This may be removed because in this case it is removing a kind of fault or deformity, not in order to look beautiful. And Allaah knows best.

See Fataawa Manaar al-Islam by Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him), vol. 3, p. 832.

Shaykh Ibn Jibreen said: “It is not permissible to cut the hair of the eyebrows, or to shave it, reduce it or pluck it, even with the husband’s approval. This is not the matter of beauty, rather it is altering the creation of Allaah Who is the Best of creators. A warning has been narrated against doing that and the one who does it is cursed; this implies that it is forbidden.

• Super Moderator

What I think is that you should not remove anything from the eyebrows at all, unless there is hair outside of the line of the eyebrows, such as if there is a mole from which a hair is growing. This may be removed because in this case it is removing a kind of fault or deformity, not in order to look beautiful. And Allaah knows best.

Then she should keep that allaah-given hairy mole -- allaah knows best!      WendyDoh.gif

Ya.... I've seen well-to-do Arab women...

They ain't buying this shit...

now hopefully that trickles down to the average Muslim woman - they DO have great role models if they can only get access to find out about them.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/photos/revealed--world-s-100-most-powerful-arab-women-384012.html?img=0

What IS it about the deep insecurity in Muslim men towards the women? There's something in the water in the middle-east that affects people's emotions towards sexuality - that's all I can come up with. (lack of water? hehe)

Perhaps that's the reason for the Bert look-a-like at the local kebob shop.

Good heavens, with all the crazy shit the Arab world is doing to its women, they're actually getting their tighty-whities in a bind over EYEBROWS?!?

• Like 1

Good heavens, with all the crazy shit the Arab world is doing to its women, they're actually getting their tighty-whities in a bind over EYEBROWS?!?

Right.  For Allah's sake, please don't pluck your eyebrows.  But FGM, oh, that's okay.

• Like 2

Anybody ever read David Eddings' Sparhawk series? The Muslim crackdown on women is starting to sound like that freakish vaguely-Arabic "prophet" in the first 3 books, the really old nearly-toothless guy who'd run out of things to proclaim so was now grasping at straws. By the time Sparhawk got to him, he was demanding people not kill flies as they were the "messengers of God."

This all smells like a ploy to get women back in line by being more and more and more controlling. My first marriage was a lot like this before I left.

Someone trying to prove that god exists:

"Then to add on with space: if it was headed then cooled as our science books say, we actually wouldn't be hear because a black hole would have occured. Plus where would "early plaents" have the formation to occur? And the sun would also be reactive to the cold in space, so in all we would not be hear if the big bang theroy was true."

Wendytwitch.gif

Sounds legit

"Then to add on with space: if it was headed then cooled as our science books say, we actually wouldn't be hear because a black hole would have occured. Plus where would "early plaents" have the formation to occur? And the sun would also be reactive to the cold in space, so in all we would not be hear if the big bang theroy was true."

Wendytwitch.gif

Whenever I see something like that statement, this comes to mind:

http://youtu.be/yJtMNSZ5ZfY

• Like 2

All kinds of these things after the shooting:

72331_213735328761950_2001430343_n.jpg

"You wish you had of said"? Really?

Wendytwitch.gif

Eengrish, as she is spoke.

"Then to add on with space: if it was headed then cooled as our science books say, we actually wouldn't be hear because a black hole would have occured. Plus where would "early plaents" have the formation to occur? And the sun would also be reactive to the cold in space, so in all we would

not be hear if the big bang theroy was true."

Wendytwitch.gif

Whenever I see something like that statement,

this comes to mind:

Who is this?

Oh....just looked it up. Billy Madison.

Wendytwitch.gif

This cosmologist's credibility is destroyed by his poor spelling.

• Like 1

I don't think he even understands the questions, let alone his own answers to what he thinks are the questions. Was he homeschooled? Because I went to plain old public schools and even I know that he's full of shit from top to bottom. (Especially about the black holes. WTF?)

I don't know... I boiled some tea and then poured it over ice and a singularity formed.

• Like 1

I don't know... I boiled some tea and then poured it over ice and a singularity formed.

Well when you add vodka to anything that generally happens.  

• Like 1

Well when you add vodka to anything that generally happens.  

So does adding tequila produce results like when God divides by zero?

• Like 1

I don't have any Facebook stories but I do have a list of shit that I hear while I'm either on the bus, waiting for the bus at the station, or just out and about during the day. Often times it's the conversation of how the lord saved a person, or how someone found god or Allah while in prison or on drugs or while in the streets. I actually am in the midst of writing a series on many issues including this one and part one was posted a week or so go. I'm currently in the midst of part 2.

Another thing I still hear is old time fundies complaining about how prayer was removed from schools. This is Oklahoma, kids are allowed to have prayer circles and bring bibles to schools if they want. The teachers usually didn't give a fuck as long as the student wasn't causing any problems at least when I was in middle school. Hell, the Muslim students in one of the schools I went to were allowed to do their daily prayers in the building without anyone bothering them. So I don't know what people are talking about when they recite this line over and over. 

I recall that prayer circles were held in public middle  and high schools when I was a lazy runt in school in the 1990s and 2000s. Hell, I even have a year book that has a picture of my math teacher reading his bible and leading a prayer circle. The ACLU didn't go crazy and I never heard any complaints.The middle I went to from 1998 to 1999 had prayer circles at 7 am in the in the morning and so did the middle school I went to from 1999-2000. I never made it to the circles as I, just like many a lazy middle schooler before and after me needed 5 minutes of more sleep. zDuivel7.gif  

• Like 1

I feel conflicted.  I feel both deep compassion and empathy, but also concern and frustration:

"Praying for healing today. I need a root canal, possibly two, and I don't have insurance. Also, I'm terrified of the dentist. I'm in a lot of pain, so I'm speaking against pain and asking for supernatural healing."

Let me know how that works for ya... Sticking your head in the sand will solve nothing.

I offered some practical steps toward a solution and told them I've been there and toothaches are horrible.  I hope they take my advice.

cause you know  dying of an untreated infection is always a good decision.

• Like 1

My dad had a skin tag looking like thing on his tongue for a year, he prayed everyday that God would remove it, then one day while eating he accidentally bit it and it came off and bled for a few minutes, after that I had to listen to a 30 minute sermon about it and how good god was and how miraculous he is......  

• Like 1

I have a friend who just had a baby at 25 weeks. She wasn't very religious until she was hospitalized a few weeks ago and now it's 24/7 "God is good" BS from every person on her friends list. I can understand her reaching out for a god, she is going through hell and I think that's a pretty natural reaction, but I want to punch every person in the face who gives her a false god to prop her hopes on. The baby is doing surprisingly well and instead of singing the praises of the fantastic team of doctors and nurses it's all about how "big god is" and how "prayer works." I wonder what they will all say if something goes wrong and the baby doesn't make it, despite all of the prayers. I hope that doesn't happen, of course, but I do wonder.

My dad had a skin tag looking like thing on his tongue for a year, he prayed everyday that God would remove it, then one day while eating he accidentally bit it and it came off and bled for a few minutes, after that I had to listen to a 30 minute sermon about it and how good god was and how miraculous he is......  

1. Sell the story to Lee Strobel or Ray Comfort

2. They write a book about it, possibly do a world tour showing your father's tongue as proof

3. Profit

• Like 2

cause you know  dying of an untreated infection is always a good decision.

Good or bad, when it happens the Christians say "God called them home" or "they are in a better place now" and still count that as a prayer answered.