Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

"A low view of Jesus keeps us trapped in spiritual boredom. Besides condemnation, the most dangerous thing [in a sincere Christian's life] is spiritual boredom."

~ Mike Bickle

"Besides condemnation, the most dangerous thing [in a sincere Christian's life] is spiritual boredom believing it's true."

~ Iamina Pickle

Can I get a Ramen?

• Like 3

My local radio station asked what people think of gay marriage this morning, and also asked about it on their facebook page. Some of the fundytard comments will make you facepalm.

https://www.facebook.com/thebteam.krock/posts/418530604853148?notif_t=feed_comment_reply

"A low view of Jesus keeps us trapped in spiritual boredom. Besides condemnation, the most dangerous thing [in a sincere Christian's life] is spiritual boredom."

~ Mike Bickle

"Besides condemnation, the most dangerous thing [in a sincere Christian's life] is spiritual boredom believing it's true."

~ Iamina Pickle

Can I get a Ramen?

RAMEN!!!!!! I just deleted a ton of Mike Bickle stuff off my computer the other day. Including a very long teaching about Jesus and Song of Solomon. Just scary stuff.

~ Mike Bickle

~ Iamina Pickle

Can I get a Ramen?

My first thought when I read this quote was "if you take away the condemnation and boredom, what the hell is left?"

• Like 2

Not much! ;)

On the gaming board (where religious shit is prohibited, one might mention), after another spat of "WOW GOD IS REALLY DOING MIRACLES! You didn't get quite as hurt as you could have in that accident! Praise da lawd!" and sanctimonious "Sister, I will pray for you!" choruses, I finally broke and asked them to fucking stop shoving their Christian dicks privilege in my face like that. I don't go to Christian forums and smear shit on their walls, and I'd really rather not hear them smearing shit on forums where I go to unwind and chat about gaming. I'm finally fucking sick of it.

• Like 3

Not much! wink.png

On the gaming board (where religious shit is prohibited, one might mention), after another spat of "WOW GOD IS REALLY DOING MIRACLES! You didn't get quite as hurt as you could have in that accident! Praise da lawd!" and sanctimonious "Sister, I will pray for you!" choruses, I finally broke and asked them to fucking stop shoving their Christian dicks privilege in my face like that. I don't go to Christian forums and smear shit on their walls, and I'd really rather not hear them smearing shit on forums where I go to unwind and chat about gaming. I'm finally fucking sick of it.

Have you tried saying "fuck jesus" on there? :-)

I have been told I need god in my life. I said I had god in my life and she's the one that told me Christianity cult was bullshit.

• Like 1

Lately, my friends in ministry have crawled out from under their rock and heard about the whole "zombie attack" thing. Of course, it's demons. *eyeroll* With a sibling who is well-respected in the neuroscience community, I cringe at their "analysis" of what is "really happening" to these people....

I just had to vent here, because if I do it there, I'll probably give myself away. I'm still "in the closet."

Lately, my friends in ministry have crawled out from under their rock and heard about the whole "zombie attack" thing. Of course, it's demons. *eyeroll* With a sibling who is well-respected in the neuroscience community, I cringe at their "analysis" of what is "really happening" to these people....

I just had to vent here, because if I do it there, I'll probably give myself away. I'm still "in the closet."

I heard a evangalist once say clinical depresion was demons and that darwinian medicine was loony,

bible+verses+on+facebook.jpg

Something you can use on FB :D

• Like 4

Oh I love Cynical Wonka. :)

inorbit - Feel free to vent here while you prepare for the coming-out party. We're here for you. How aggravating that they don't get the obvious, huh? This "god-fearing, Bible-believing man" (as I saw him described by relatives in a news article) was just another failed human who'd fooled his relatives into thinking he was a good person by using that compartmentalization skill Christians are so good at--by taking advantage of their already-existing need for blinders to keep them from seeing reality. He was a druggie, and he got hit bad by a new drug that has some ghastly effects. He was not transformed so much by Jesus that he didn't need drugs--because the religion isn't real and can't transform anybody. We don't need demons--bath salts do the horror work nicely without them. (Am I the *ONLY* person who sees news about this or that atrocity and immediately thinks, "Oh but I'm sure s/he was a good Bible-fearing Christian"?)

Today's completely untrue gem:

God looks not at the oratory of your prayers, how elegant they may be; nor at the geometry of your prayers, how long they may be; nor at the arithmetic of your prayers, how many they may be; not at the logic of your prayers, how methodical they may be; but at the sincerity of them He looks at

God looks not at the oratory of your prayers, how elegant they may be; nor at the geometry of your prayers, how long they may be; nor at the arithmetic of your prayers, how many they may be; not at the logic of your prayers, how methodical they may be; but at the sincerity of them He looks at

oi, my head popped. i so wish i knew how everyone else knows what god is looking for.

Guest Valk0010

oi, my head popped. i so wish i knew how everyone else knows what god is looking for.

They don't, that is the funny thing. They just make shit up.

My local radio station asked what people think of gay marriage this morning, and also asked about it on their facebook page. Some of the fundytard comments will make you facepalm.

https://www.facebook...d_comment_reply

those were overwhelmingly positive I'd say, just one tard in there

• Super Moderator

Today we don't even have to look at Facebook for fundytard quips -- we have our own little Doug posting his <gag> knowledge.

• Like 1

Oh, and on the gaming board we now have one of the church ladies trotting out the "won't someone think of the children" gem to try to force adults in a forum aimed at adults talking about a game that's rated for adults to sterilize their speech because OH NO! A CHIYULD could momentarily break the loving, supervising grasp of its parent for 3 seconds and rush there and hear the F-WORD! OH NO!

Found this gem this morning:

"Ironic that nowadays so many believers shy away from talking about God's judgement, whereas in Hebrews it is presented as one of the foundation stones of the faith. Of course we need to talk about his mercy as well. But mercy in view of what? Mercy is needed precisely because God is a righteous judge, in whose searching gaze none of us is pure. If we don't take account of God's judgement then mercy is a meaningless concept."

My status: "Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." -Isaac Asimov

Fundy friend from xian uni: "Lol. Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens have persuaded me that atheists don't understand how to read the Bible properly. Sorry to be disagreeable, Isaac."

Me: Really? Because I read Dawkins, Hitchens, Hawking, and Loftus this past school year, and I quite agree with them over Paul or Peter any day! But what do I know? [Christian uni] did not teach me how to read the bible properly.

Fundy friend from xian uni: "Truly? I haven't read Hawking or Loftus, and I haven't read Dawkins or Hitchens cover to cover yet, but I've sat down for quite awhile with some sections of some of their works. [Christian uni] gave me biblical exposure and awareness that I didn't have before, but I think it was the reading and thinking I did on my own that brought greatest fruit..."

Haven't read much of it? 49.gif That's fine and all, but why share your opinion on something you haven't fully researched? He read enough to discredit them completely and affirm in his own mind that atheism is a joke and read no further. To this friend's credit, he did offer to hear out my opinions on the subject.

Found this gem this morning:

"Ironic that nowadays so many believers shy away from talking about God's judgement, whereas in Hebrews it is presented as one of the foundation stones of the faith. Of course we need to talk about his mercy as well. But mercy in view of what? Mercy is needed precisely because God is a righteous judge, in whose searching gaze none of us is pure. If we don't take account of God's judgement then mercy is a meaningless concept."

I can't help but think here that by speaking of "God" here, they are indirectly speaking of ourselves.

I mean, isn't this effectively a call to greater self judgement? Wendyshrug.gif

Not exactly Facebook, but I thought this was close enough to be pertinent to the discussion. Saw this shirt on sale in a gift shop at Six Flags yesterday. At first I thought it was a joke. Once I realized it wasn't I had to keep from laughing out loud with my fundy BIL right beside me.

APTAEAS.jpg

• Like 1

Not exactly Facebook, but I thought this was close enough to be pertinent to the discussion. Saw this shirt on sale in a gift shop at Six Flags yesterday. At first I thought it was a joke. Once I realized it wasn't I had to keep from laughing out loud with my fundy BIL right beside me.

APTAEAS.jpg

wait at Six Flags.....in Eureka, MO?

Damn it. I guess I won't be going there then.