Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

I can't believe that my friend is so dumb as to think this is equivalent at all to the Bible. She fashions herself as an intellectual...

post-18171-0-68225300-1337030596_thumb.jpg

'brood of vipers' OMG, what the hell is this person?

Well, I'll be damned! Jesus IS back! yelrotflmao.gif

2qsqxsp.jpg

Wow, someone's sexually frustrated :P

I can't believe that my friend is so dumb as to think this is equivalent at all to the Bible. She fashions herself as an intellectual...

The only correlation I made was that they're both fiction.

• Like 1

I recently posted and article on my facebook page regarding some innocent people who were burned to death in their own home for "witchcraft" in Limpopo (.http://www.news24.co...LN5qsA.facebook )The article also talked about and explained about witchcraft as a religion. I commented that what happened to those people was a result of ignorance and hatred. A friend I have known for 16 years, who I thought I knew anyway, replied with this little gem:

There are three gifts that God gave to every human being at the point of conception, 1: A purpose for their lives. 2: Talents. 3: Free will. You chose whether to use your talents to fulfill your purpose or to gratify your lusts. (You choose what to make of yourself and where your ultimate destination will be.) The greatest of them is Free Will, and it is irrevocable. God will not take them back as He is our Father not a Puppet Master.

This seemed to me tacky, arrogant and just fucking stupid to post having nothing at all to do with the article and or what my comment was. Gratify your lusts? the only lusts I see gratified in the article is the bloodlust of the christian nut cases who killed innocent people in the name of their batshit craziness. She sounds like shes trying to use this choices/free-will bullshit to blame the victims because they were not good with teh jeebus. It was never verified in the article that these people were not christian and most likely wasn't the case. I found her response extremely offensive and I'm really considering unfriending her. We have a long history and she and I have always gotten along well, religions and politics never having been an issue all these years. But it seems that she has drank the batshit crazy kool-aide and is now supporting the extremist christian right and has been forwarding christian spam of the most idiotic and hateful type to me. This is how i responded and it was a struggle to be civil.

Yes, we are given choices in this life, those which you have outlined apply only to one group of individuals. We as human beings have the choice to be hateful, bigoted and judgmental or to treat others as we would wish to be treated ourselves, to grant others the same rights and freedoms that we enjoy or to deny them and become the worst kind of hypocrites. To see people through the narrow minded filter of "us and them" or to see see them as individuals worthy of respect as we would wish them to see us. I make no apologies for falling firmly into the latter category.

I fully expect some Total bullshit response,most likely scripture, from her.

it's interesting how many christians wheel out free will when the term does not even appear in the Bible. the whole concept of it is not even remotely endorsed, in fact the opposite is the case, hence Calvinism.

LOL, I thought the exact same thing. I'm not outing myself on FB for a while, though.

Well, I think some people who knew JRR Tolkien are actually STILL ALIVE! I've also seen photos of him. I bet there is independent documentation from a variety of government agencies that would corroborate his existence.

Now does Tolkien say people will burn in hell if they don't worship Frodo Baggins? Negatory, good buddy. See Tolkien wrote fiction. Interesting fiction. Unlike the bible, which is boring fiction. Tolkien (or whoever wrote the Lord of the Rings) didn't claim that his writing was divine revelation like the bibletards do.

Here's a good xtian fail, I put a comment on the status:

7201345858_81c6d9c828.jpg

Haha. Nice job. Bozos love to take things out of context and hijack champions of science for their own agendas. Jackassery at its finest.

• Like 1

WHAT? Middle Earth is not a real place????? eek.gif

• Like 1

No no no Pos.......you're missing the point completely. Middle Earth IS real. Mordor IS REAL. FRODO IZ FREEKING REEL.

You just have to close your eyez and see with ur soul......you're not letting Gandalf lead you into all truth... It's about listening to the witness of Aragorn that speaks in a still, soft voice.....see!???

• Like 2

Haha. Nice job. Bozos love to take things out of context and hijack champions of science for their own agendas. Jackassery at its finest.

Nothing surprises me anymore, and it frustrates me to no end when people don't put any research whatsoever into anything they post. Why must people insist on blindly believing and parroting everything they see, hear or are told? I can't stand sheep! mad.gif

it's interesting how many christians wheel out free will when the term does not even appear in the Bible.

It's interesting how many people say that the term freewill doesn't appear in the Bible when it actually does:

http://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=freewill&qs_version=KJV

it's interesting how many christians wheel out free will when the term does not even appear in the Bible.

It's interesting how many people say that the term freewill doesn't appear in the Bible when it actually does:

http://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=freewill&qs_version=KJV

While the words appear, to the best of my recollection the usage it's used in today is not found and not biblical.

• Like 2

WHAT? Middle Earth is not a real place????? eek.gif

well you can't simply walk there.

Here's a good xtian fail, I put a comment on the status:

7201345858_81c6d9c828.jpg

I see phallic symbols lol.

• Like 3

well you can't simply walk there.

Yes, you do. You totally do:

• Like 1

shire_2091260b.jpg

No you don't. however eagles are all good.

35rsl8.jpg

• Like 1

• Like 1

http://www.biblegate...&qs_version=KJV

While the words appear, to the best of my recollection the usage it's used in today is not found and not biblical.

The issue isn't how it's used now or what it meant then, but whether or not the term is used. Owen specifically said that the term isn't even in the Bible, but it is.

If one tries to debate a fundie and uses the false claim that the term "freewill" is not used in the Bible, then the fundie could easily see that he's wrong and use that as leverage to claim that he doesn't know what he's talking about.

EDIT to add:

In the list in the link above, there are two Hebrew terms translated "freewill" (most of them are "freewill offering"):

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H5069&t=KJV

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H5071&t=KJV

Both of those are referring to voluntariness, which would only make sense without compulsion, which would mean "freewill" at some level. Though of course they didn't have the "Freewill" theological doctrine all spelled out the way modern Christians mean it, the simple fact is that referring to "freewill" or voluntariness in a general sense carries with it the implication that we have such freedom of the will.

I see phallic symbols lol.

Oh no, and I didn't even realise I did that... I must be EVIL!!! yelrotflmao.gif

Friend's sister's status on Facebook:

hiked up table rock ... It was so much fun .. I may go tomorrow morning ! I have

never hiked alone before not a bad thing ...lol I just asked God out on a date and we

hiked :-)

In summary, this God guy is one lousy date.

All I got to say is, this girl has some abysmally low standards in the dating department. (HelLO, single guys.)

This one managed quite a few "likes":

392419_3828713754128_1166359465_3575603_1971471469_n.jpg

...Do they honestly not get the difference between a fictional story and real life with actual, conscious people?

This one managed quite a few "likes":

392419_3828713754128_1166359465_3575603_1971471469_n.jpg

...Do they honestly not get the difference between a fictional story and real life with actual, conscious people?

No, they don't.

They don't understand one is MEANT to be fiction, and the other is UNDERSTOOD to be "real life". Its like comparing apples with hoverboards. But if on any level, no matter how irrational, it makes sense to them, they claim it. Anything to protect the faith. and I mean, ANNNNYYYTTTHHHIIIINNNNNGGGGG