Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

THIS MAKES ME F-ING ILL!!!

This crazy fundie (former) friend of ours posts this shit several times a day. This one seriously pisses me off! cussing.gif

Her comment on the photo: "I know many of my friends are going through some trying times and I pray this is why....Because I know you are strong enough in the Lord to pass the test and receive his answer to your need."

ncjgid.jpg

• Like 1

But she handed you the test, you saw her, can ask a question and get a direct response during the test, etc etc.

Damn, christians are fucking stupid. They have no logical faculties whatsover.

And I was one.

WendyDoh.gifWendyDoh.gifWendyDoh.gifWendyDoh.gifWendyDoh.gifWendyDoh.gifWendyDoh.gifWendyDoh.gifWendyDoh.gifWendyDoh.gifWendyDoh.gifWendyDoh.gif

• Like 3

But she handed you the test, you saw her, can ask a question and get a direct response during the test, etc etc.

And I was one.

WendyDoh.gifWendyDoh.gifWendyDoh.gifWendyDoh.gifWendyDoh.gifWendyDoh.gifWendyDoh.gifWendyDoh.gifWendyDoh.gifWendyDoh.gifWendyDoh.gifWendyDoh.gif

Yeah, that's the problem, God is ALWAYS silent.

2Honest, have you thought about de-friending this person so you don't have to take this?

And I was one.

2Honest, have you thought about de-friending this person so you don't have to take this?

I know, it's so mind-numbing to think I was ever a fundie. But even as a believer this kind of shit would piss me off. I felt like people like this lady "misrepresented god". But the truth is, every christian represents him in a different way and they're all right - b/c it's all subject to interpretation! Wendybanghead.gif

I have her blocked on my newsfeed. But out of curiosity I go to her wall sometimes to see the newest ass-dribble she's posted. I figure if I de-friended her I wouldn't be able to delight in these nuggets of PURE GOLD from the throne room of heaven! And then I wouldn't be able to post them here and make fun of her! What fun would that be? GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Like 1

And I was one.

I know, it's so mind-numbing to think I was ever a fundie. But even as a believer this kind of shit would piss me off. I felt like people like this lady "misrepresented god". But the truth is, every christian represents him in a different way and they're all right - b/c it's all subject to interpretation! Wendybanghead.gif

I have her blocked on my newsfeed. But out of curiosity I go to her wall sometimes to see the newest ass-dribble she's posted. I figure if I de-friended her I wouldn't be able to delight in these nuggets of PURE GOLD from the throne room of heaven! And then I wouldn't be able to post them here and make fun of her! What fun would that be? GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Got it! Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. I hear ya! wicked.gif

This came through email not facebook so i apologize but this actually made me mad. this is the arrogant ignorance that you find in xianity....

One day a 12 year old girl was sitting in a classroom. The teacher was going to explain evolution to the children. The teacher asked a boy: Tommy do you see the tree outside?

TOMMY: Yes.

TEACHER: Do you see the grass outside?

TEACHER: Go outside and look up and see if you can see the sky.

TOMMY: Okay. (He returned a few minutes later) Yes, I saw the sky.

TEACHER: Did you see God?

TOMMY: No.

TEACHER: That’s my point. We can’t see God because he isn’t there. He doesn’t exist.

A girl spoke up and wanted to ask the boy some questions. The teacher agreed and the girl asked the boy: Tommy, do you see the tree outside?

GIRL: Tommy do you see the grass outside?

TOMMY: Yessssss (getting tired of the questions by this time).

GIRL: Did you see the sky?

TOMMY: Yessssss

GIRL: Do you see the teacher?

TOMMY: Yes

GIRL: Do you see her brain?

TOMMY: No

GIRL: Then according to what we were taught today in school, she must not have one!

Uuuuugh, that's a version of the "atheist teacher v.s. intelligent god-fearing child" that usually get's attributed to Einstein. What's most annoying is when it's presented as an event that actually happened, when it's a total fabrication.

• Like 3

This came through email not facebook so i apologize but this actually made me mad. this is the arrogant ignorance that you find in xianity....

One day a 12 year old girl was sitting in a classroom. The teacher was going to explain evolution to the children. The teacher asked a boy: Tommy do you see the tree outside?

TEACHER: Do you see the grass outside?

TEACHER: Go outside and look up and see if you can see the sky.

TOMMY: Okay. (He returned a few minutes later) Yes, I saw the sky.

TEACHER: Did you see God?

TOMMY: No.

TEACHER: That’s my point. We can’t see God because he isn’t there. He doesn’t exist.

A girl spoke up and wanted to ask the boy some questions. The teacher agreed and the girl asked the boy: Tommy, do you see the tree outside?

GIRL: Tommy do you see the grass outside?

TOMMY: Yessssss (getting tired of the questions by this time).

GIRL: Did you see the sky?

TOMMY: Yessssss

GIRL: Do you see the teacher?

TOMMY: Yes

GIRL: Do you see her brain?

TOMMY: No

GIRL: Then according to what we were taught today in school, she must not have one!

Uuuuugh, that's a version of the "atheist teacher v.s. intelligent god-fearing child" that usually get's attributed to Einstein. What's most annoying is when it's presented as an event that actually happened, when it's a total fabrication.

I HAAAAATE THAT. i called out the OP on FB when he did that.

• Like 1

What fundy pastor was it that said fundagelic sex was the best?? LOLZ!!!!

I have a friend who posts Chistian stuff all the time that drives me insaaane. A recent one being:

"Truth is not changed by the culture or the times. Truth is absolute and remains forever.

If what's true for you, is true for you and what is true for me is true for me, then there is no absolute morality, there is no law, no right and wrong. So truth must be absolute. 2+2=4, always. If I say 2+2=5 I will be wrong, no matter how much conviction or passion I have that I am right."

I wanted to ask her about the slavery, rape, and murder in the old testament. Im still thinking about it...

I have a friend who posts Chistian stuff all the time that drives me insaaane. A recent one being:

"Truth is not changed by the culture or the times. Truth is absolute and remains forever.

If what's true for you, is true for you and what is true for me is true for me, then there is no absolute morality, there is no law, no right and wrong. So truth must be absolute. 2+2=4, always. If I say 2+2=5 I will be wrong, no matter how much conviction or passion I have that I am right."

I wanted to ask her about the slavery, rape, and murder in the old testament. Im still thinking about it...

AaarrjhjghjkfhljhskdljdhskjhdjkhaskjhlkjhajkhskjhdlskjFUCK.

Pisses me off.

Mostly because I know she is referring to homosexuality. She posted another doozy a few days earlier, the day Obama publicly supported gay marriage:

"is seriously concerned for our nation. We, as believers, need to open our eyes, and see the lies we are being fed, and take a stand for truth. The Bible is not just a book, it is the Word of God, it is the absolute Truth, and it is where we derive morals, values, and everything that IS good. Marriage, Family, Christianity, a Biblical wordview, all of these are being assaulted. Let us take a stand, let's vote according to the TRUTH. Persecution is coming brothers and sisters, but let us not fear or back down, speak and LIVE the truth today!"

Then a friend of hers commented about being gay and being a christian, and my friend and another of her friends went on to say things like "One must be careful to sort out opinion from God's truth...and try to only follow what the truth is, regardless of their own interpretation. Tolerance for beliefs/interests/lifestyles has replaced the hardcore truth of the Bible in our society"

I dont get angry very often, but man......... This stuff makes me crazy...

This post brought up something in me about how often times Christians are passive aggressive. They won't confront you directly about something but make blanket statements of "truth". My former pastor was one to pick up on something that was going on in the church and then use that as an example in his sermons. He would even look at the person/people involved while preaching. Everyone knew what was going on 'cause it was so obvious. I really despise that! Yeah, OpenPalm, I hate passive-aggressives. My mom was one. Argh! Wendybanghead.gif

We need to open our eyes, and see the lies we are being fed, and take a stand for truth.

Your friend lost me after this sentence. hehe

• Like 1

I remember that codeword "absolute morality" from my time in the fold...absolutely stupid.

I suggest testing how 'absolute' that 'truth' is for her. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif You could ask her if she would marry her rapist per Deuteronomy 22:28-29. No matter how much "conviction" she has that being forced into that union is immoral, wrong, and horrifying, it's in the book, so according to the beliefs she's professed, she'd have to comply in this hypothetical situation. If she brings up the supposed new covenant, she'd of course be ignoring that Jesus doesn't negate Mosaic law (Matthew 5:17).

[fundy friend sayz] So truth must be absolute. 2+2=4, always. If I say 2+2=5 I will be wrong, no matter how much conviction or passion I have that I am right.

Your fundy friend lacks worldly knowledge. There are some cultures that approach counting from a qualitative perspective--i.e., they don't use numbers or hold up their fingers. Rather, they point to a body part or combination of body parts, for example, to relay 'numerical' information.

So, if your friend is limiting truth to simple math, she is very myopic in her views. Numeracy is a social construction that is embodied in language (the vehicle of knowledge). You don't need numbers to count!

• Like 1

Sounds like how rabbits handled counting in Watership Down. One, two, three, four, "many."

I'm still mind-blown that gays identify as Christians. Is it awful if that sounds to me like being a concentration camp overseer's pet Jew?

I remember that codeword "absolute morality" from my time in the fold...absolutely stupid.

I suggest testing how 'absolute' that 'truth' is for her. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif You could ask her if she would marry her rapist per Deuteronomy 22:28-29. No matter how much "conviction" she has that being forced into that union is immoral, wrong, and horrifying, it's in the book, so according to the beliefs she's professed, she'd have to comply in this hypothetical situation. If she brings up the supposed new covenant, she'd of course be ignoring that Jesus doesn't negate Mosaic law (Matthew 5:17).

If she brought up "the supposed new covenant," then she'd be implying that it was justified for the old covenant, which would mean that morality has changed, which of course would undermine "absolute morality." There's no real way out of this problem.

• Like 2

2+2=4 ... get fired up about about a certain scripture

2+2=5 ... while totally ignoring other scriptures.

Your friend best be following the laws of the LORD!!!! Even if today it is illegal to stone people to death. Truth is not changed by the culture or the times! A TRUE Christian follows the laws of the BIBLE even if it means breaking local, state and federal laws and going to prison. I assume your friend is willing to go to prison for the greater glory of his/her LORD? haha

Your friend better get busy...there are a lot of death sentences to carry out: http://www.evilbible.com/Murder.htm

:-)

AaarrjhjghjkfhljhskdljdhskjhdjkhaskjhlkjhajkhskjhdlskjFUCK.

Pisses me off.

Mostly because I know she is referring to homosexuality. She posted another doozy a few days earlier, the day Obama publicly supported gay marriage:

"is seriously concerned for our nation. We, as believers, need to open our eyes, and see the lies we are being fed, and take a stand for truth. The Bible is not just a book, it is the Word of God, it is the absolute Truth, and it is where we derive morals, values, and everything that IS good. Marriage, Family, Christianity, a Biblical wordview, all of these are being assaulted. Let us take a stand, let's vote according to the TRUTH. Persecution is coming brothers and sisters, but let us not fear or back down, speak and LIVE the truth today!"

Then a friend of hers commented about being gay and being a christian, and my friend and another of her friends went on to say things like "One must be careful to sort out opinion from God's truth...and try to only follow what the truth is, regardless of their own interpretation. Tolerance for beliefs/interests/lifestyles has replaced the hardcore truth of the Bible in our society"

I dont get angry very often, but man......... This stuff makes me crazy...

If the bible is their holy book of truth why do they ignore its commands? :-)

And why oh why do Christians carry around the Old Testament if they dont believe in it? Tear that old thing out of your bible and throw it away if it is an outdated covenant.

• Like 2

Some bibles just have the NT and psalms. I find that hilarious.

If she brought up "the supposed new covenant," then she'd be implying that it was justified for the old covenant, which would mean that morality has changed, which of course would undermine "absolute morality." There's no real way out of this problem.

Good point. No matter how she tries to justify it, OpenPalm's friend is just cherrypicking the Bible for her 'absolute' morality/truth rubbish.

And why oh why do Christians carry around the Old Testament if they dont believe in it? Tear that old thing out of your bible and throw it away if it is an outdated covenant.

Indeed, I've wondered the same.

[ My former pastor was one to pick up on something that was going on in the church and then use that as an example in his sermons. He would even look at the person/people involved while preaching. Everyone knew what was going on 'cause it was so obvious. I really despise that!

ha, my pastor used to do this too. he even used names at times, including his own son, whom he accused (publicly) of being a tool of Satan for asking his other son to be the music director of the new church he was planting.

2+2= wtf

[ My former pastor was one to pick up on something that was going on in the church and then use that as an example in his sermons. He would even look at the person/people involved while preaching. Everyone knew what was going on 'cause it was so obvious. I really despise that!

ha, my pastor used to do this too. he even used names at times, including his own son, whom he accused (publicly) of being a tool of Satan for asking his other son to be the music director of the new church he was planting.

2+2= wtf

Just shows you how screwed up people can get with this stuff! They see zDuivel7.gif everyfuckinwhere! Paranoid idiots!

An acquaintance of mine posted this in a group and it came up on my feed:

"Oh Jesus! I am literally on the floor and overwhelmed by His presence while reading all of these testimonies. God is doing something amazing in North Carolina! I'm so glad I got to come down and meet everyone and let God do His thing! Anthem was the birth of something great in Gastonia and I'm so excited to see where God takes this as you lay everything down to let Him move in your city. Bless the Lord oh my soul and let all that is within me shout out!"

And then he subsequently updated his status with this:

"God is on the throne in North Carolina!

It has been such a great weekend of worship and prayer. Go God."

Yes, go God

rolleyes.gif As if, if He really existed, he needs an "attaboy" rolleyes.gif