Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

If you don't feel peace, you inevitably hear, "Let go and let God." wacko.png

I think atheism could use another tag line:

Let go and let of God.

If you let God take the reins, be prepared to be run right off the cliff! Eek!

Reminds me of that Carrie Underwood song, "Jesus take the wheel". A lot of fuckin good that'll do ya.

LOL! Yes, it's a wee bit suicidal, isn't it?

tumblr_l68yhw75p81qzvl4eo1_500.png?1304444614

• Like 2

But maybe if it's one of those Flintstones cars. He's probly more used to those models.

• Like 1

I was reading another thread and I remembered an incident I had with someone on FB. This fundie was saying he didn't agree with Pat Robertson who said that the earthquake in Haiti was an act of retribution by God. His friend went spouting off about how he didn't understand where Pat Robertson would get such a crazy idea that God would do something like that.

I couldn't resist! I started pointing out all the places in the Bible where God has used natural disasters to punish people. The discussion was getting heated and the fundie removed the comment.

Fundies will claim to believe the Bible, but they don't think about the implications of what it says God does and is like. I read that there was debate when the Bible as we know it was put together. Some argued that the god of the OT and the god of the NT couldn't be the same god because they are so different. Here we are, 1500 yrs. later and they are still trying to reconcile the two testaments. This is another concept that catapulted my de-conversion. God can't be both a god of mercy and a god of wrath: non-sequitor...it just doesn't follow.

• Like 1

But maybe if it's one of those Flintstones cars. He's probly more used to those models.

Yeah, but these days he has holes in his feet. That could make driving a Flintstone model considerably more problematic.

P.S. The holes-in-feet thing also explains why he now sinks like a rock whenever he tries the old walking-on-water trick.

Yeah, but these days he has holes in his feet. That could make driving a Flintstone model considerably more problematic.

P.S. The holes-in-feet thing also explains why he now sinks like a rock whenever he tries the old walking-on-water trick.

NICE! i missed that.

Friend: Putting gays behind an electric fence makes about as much sense as killing the Jews because they're an "inferior race". My God sent his son to die for ALL MAN KIND!!! Not straights, not whites, EVERYONE! The pastor of Providence Road Baptist Church does not speak for all Christians! Please don't judge us by the few foolish like this idiot! I love and respect everyone with out judgment, Weather I agree or not! And i expect God commanded us to love EVERYONE!! That's how I roll!

Friend of Friend: I am so glad to see someone who shares my views on being a non discriminatory lover of all men! We are all begotten of sin, so don't point fingers cuz every time you do you have three pointing back at you!

"" - I don't know what makes ""Christians"" or anyone believe that GOD allows "HATE" in Heaven it's just not there and it shouldn't be in our heart either...if we could, or rather, would just take time to ask GOD WHAT IS IN "US OURSELVES" THAT IS NOT PLEASING TO HIM...we just might find we have enough to work with without looking around and seeing what is right or wrong in others...we are soooo foolish to think ourselves better then the next person...that right there shows some "self righteousness" I love what you said "I love and respect everyone with out judgment, Weather I agree or not! And i expect God commanded us to love EVERYONE!!" ;)

"" - Our music minister was kicked out of his last church for leading a gay man to Christ and bringing him to church.

The great commandment is for us to lead others to Christ. Not judge others for their views and decisions on life. Only God shall judge us.

ME : God also commanded gays to be stoned, unruly children to be stoned, non-virgin brides to be stoned, and rape victims forced to marry their rapists. Just saying. It's in there. Yeah, I know.

friend of friend : Some of the greatest people who rocked the world with GOD'S FIRE OF LOVE were x-somethings! Look at Paul in The Bible he murdered Christians, you see what he started lol...Irene Parks "The Witch That Switched" You wouldn't believe what she was involved with and she brought many souls to GOD....imagine if nobody loved them enough...so many souls may not have been reached...I reall don't understand where these people come from that think they can pick n choose who can and can't be saved...smh

Wife of friend: I agree with you David. You're exactly right. Thank you for being a great spiritual leader in our family. I love you so much!

Friend of friend ; Amen! I like your husband more and more w/ every post Shay. Quite an inspiration and role model for all men. Good job! =D

FoF: Buddha (his nickname) you are spot on brother. If only most "Christians" learned about what Jesus was like, and follow His example. Unfortunately, most Christians follow the traditions of judgmental hypocrites who live in fear of those who may not agree. Love is the answer, just love

FoF: Lol! Me too Megan. I'm so thankful he is who he is. Such a blessing.

Barrett- nicely said!

EPIC DOUBLE LIFE INHIBITING FACEPALM

ME : God also commanded gays to be stoned, unruly children to be stoned, non-virgin brides to be stoned, and rape victims forced to marry their rapists. Just saying. It's in there. Yeah, I know.

Nice! I might have to steal that if the opportunity arises on Facebook.

The beauty of shifting the goalposts is not lost on believers!

Right. It's how xianity evolves like a virus.

Sometimes when you witness FB conversations like that it makes you feel like the whole world is insane and you are the only rational person left.

friend of friend : Some of the greatest people who rocked the world with GOD'S FIRE OF LOVE were x-somethings! Look at Paul in The Bible he murdered Christians, you see what he started lol...Irene Parks "The Witch That Switched" You wouldn't believe what she was involved with and she brought many souls to GOD....imagine if nobody loved them enough...so many souls may not have been reached...I reall don't understand where these people come from that think they can pick n choose who can and can't be saved...smh

It is assumed that these people have souls and that since they were reached they will go to heaven. Though nobody really knows that.

"God's fire of love"....that's hell, right? :-)

I think that means God's man-meat.

you rage, you lose ;3

Hi friends! I need to ask for your prayers!

We've booked our tickets to the Philippines and the accounting department will be buying them FRIDAY! (YAY!)

If you could join me in prayer for this money ($600), I'd appreciate it.

I'm not worried but I do know that prayers move mountains. Please pray with me for the funds. I'm really excited to see how the money will come in.

I love you!

you rage, you lose ;3

We've booked our tickets to the Philippines and the accounting department will be buying them FRIDAY! (YAY!)

I'm not worried but I do know that prayers move mountains. Please pray with me for the funds. I'm really excited to see how the money will come in.

I love you!

Wow. I feel like I've lost brain cells for having read that.

You might want to be careful around this person, in case you catch their stupidity. They can't seem to work out that the accounts department either already has the required money, and is just allocating the expense, or knows that a deposit is coming in that will allow them to buy the tickets on that particular day. Wendybanghead.gif

you rage, you lose ;3

I love you!

I'm invoking Aleister Crowley right now and he's whipping up $600. Ah, crap he made it in monopoly money. :-)

I think this is their passive aggressive way of trying to raise $600. In fact, I am 99% confident that is what this is.

I hate hearing these stories on the other side -- when they talk about how they really needed the money and someone leaves an envelope with the EXACT denomination they are in need of on their doorstop. Who else has heard this one?

I wasn't aware that the Philippines were such a godless, lawless place as to require missionaries. Sounds more like a vacation to me.

And yes, Marmot, I've heard those stories many times while in church! Confirmation bias ahoy! My response then as now is to ask "so why on earth didn't you ask for a lot more than that? You can trust God to give you $600, but not $6000? He DID say he'd do anything you asked, no qualifiers, several times in the New Testament, right?" Besides, if they're putting out a call on FB for the money, it's not a miracle if they get it--it's just charity from friends, which is fine, but certainly not supernatural.

• Like 1

I wasn't aware that the Philippines were such a godless, lawless place as to require missionaries. Sounds more like a vacation to me.

Hell, the Assemblies of God has missionaries to the British Isles, if that tells you anything. Even if they're already Christians, they're not the right kind of Christians following the One True Christianity™.

• Like 1

I have absolutely no respect for a religion that puts "missionaries" in areas where there are already lots of god-botherers. That's kind of the problem with an evangelistic faith--once everybody's been over the same grazing lands, the pickings get really thin. But you can't just stop, because evangelizing is sort of the big mandate from Big Bubba Up On High. But everybody on Earth has pretty much already heard the putative "good news," but just not the right way you see... Everybody just starts squabbling over the crusts stuck to the bottom of the skillet.

Wow, I just managed to depress myself with a sudden burst of dystopian cognitive dissonance. How do Christians even manage to avoid seeing the painfully obvious truth about their "missionary" efforts?

This came through email not facebook so i apologize but this actually made me mad. this is the arrogant ignorance that you find in xianity....

One day a 12 year old girl was sitting in a classroom. The teacher was going to explain evolution to the children. The teacher asked a boy: Tommy do you see the tree outside?

TOMMY: Yes.

TEACHER: Do you see the grass outside?

TEACHER: Go outside and look up and see if you can see the sky.

TOMMY: Okay. (He returned a few minutes later) Yes, I saw the sky.

TEACHER: Did you see God?

TOMMY: No.

TEACHER: That’s my point. We can’t see God because he isn’t there. He doesn’t exist.

A girl spoke up and wanted to ask the boy some questions. The teacher agreed and the girl asked the boy: Tommy, do you see the tree outside?

GIRL: Tommy do you see the grass outside?

TOMMY: Yessssss (getting tired of the questions by this time).

GIRL: Did you see the sky?

TOMMY: Yessssss

GIRL: Do you see the teacher?

TOMMY: Yes

GIRL: Do you see her brain?

TOMMY: No

GIRL: Then according to what we were taught today in school, she must not have one!

This came through email not facebook so i apologize but this actually made me mad. this is the arrogant ignorance that you find in xianity....

One day a 12 year old girl was sitting in a classroom. The teacher was going to explain evolution to the children. The teacher asked a boy: Tommy do you see the tree outside?

TEACHER: That’s my point. We can’t see God because he isn’t there. He doesn’t exist.

A girl spoke up and wanted to ask the boy some questions. The teacher agreed and the girl asked the boy: Tommy, do you see the tree outside?

GIRL: Then according to what we were taught today in school, she must not have one!

I bet whoever made this up must have felt so smug at taking such an impressive shot at those godforsaken atheists. I wish I could be that smart. smiliegojerkit.gif

Hell, the Assemblies of God has missionaries to the British Isles, if that tells you anything. Even if they're already Christians, they're not the right kind of Christians following the One True Christianity™.

Wooooooooow. I'm sure hawaiians are pretty evil too. With their volcano gods and whatnot.

I bet whoever made this up must have felt so smug at taking such an impressive shot at those godforsaken atheists. I wish I could be that smart. smiliegojerkit.gif

Crack open her fucking skull an it's there, assmunch.

• Like 1

That's like saying outside doesn't exist bc it's on the other side of the door. Idiots like that make me want to ass rape a kitten. So stupid. Ok rage off.

Idiots like that make me want to ass rape a kitten.

eek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

Hyperbole. It's my craft.