Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

"<dear, sweet relative> is going to

Chick Fil-A Appreciation Day

on Wednesday

."

My hero! You have the courage to buy delicious fast food on a Wednesday! Amazing!

A friend posted this (it's his caption above)

123lhyg.jpg

...The first thing I think of, meanwhile, is "WHERE IS JESUS HIDING THE BODY."

487823_476252102402712_2059877933_n.jpg

I want to respond to this so bad...

123lhyg.jpg

I think "Jesus loves dem roofies."

123lhyg.jpg

Vampire Jesus vants to suck your bloooooooood.

well, thot the pic was THOR with Obi-Wan of Star Wars

487823_476252102402712_2059877933_n.jpg

So now people think Chick-fil-A is being boycotted because the founder is Christian? lolAmerica

Care to contribute?

Questions for my FB friends who don't attend my church: 1) Do you believe that church can have relevance today? 2) Why or why not?

I sent what you contributed so far. I deleted mine--curious what he will come back with--may be drama...

No drama. He appreciated the responses.

Talk about a roundabout argument - it's true you can never fully trust your sense, but that doesn't mean trusting in something even your senses can't detect as any better.

599550_449113835128286_349303244_n.jpg

483985_10150971005786973_2097457775_n.jpg

Talk about a roundabout argument - it's true you can never fully trust your sense, but that doesn't mean trusting in something even your senses can't detect as any better.

"It's like upsetting a milk just and hoping that the way it splashes itself will give you a map of London."

This is similar to the creationist argument that "life must have a creator, because expecting everything to come together and work randomly is like expecting a tornado to put together a 747 out of the parts in a scrapyard."

It's bad, bad, bad logic. It's such bad logic that it's really anti-logic.

I thought C.S. Lewis was smarter than that. Now I may just have to read his books again just to see how fucked up his thinking was, but I just missed it the first time around because I was reading them through "God goggles."

"It's like upsetting a milk just and hoping that the way it splashes itself will give you a map of London."

This is similar to the creationist argument that "life must have a creator, because expecting everything to come together and work randomly is like expecting a tornado to put together a 747 out of the parts in a scrapyard."

I thought C.S. Lewis was smarter than that. Now I may just have to read his books again just to see how fucked up his thinking was, but I just missed it the first time around because I was reading them through "God goggles."

Once again it's confusing "natural selection" with "random selection". That's not the same thing.

Yep. And he assumed that evolution was true in Mere Christianity. This argument displays ignorance of how natural selection works.

CS Lewis...more fucktarded than I thought.

So many theologians build grand philosophies on false premises.

Anybody else getting Vizzini vibes from that CSL quote?

• Like 3

483985_10150971005786973_2097457775_n.jpg

Is it just me, or do these two look like they suddenly regret eating lunch at Chick-Fil-A?

• Like 5

Anybody else getting Vizzini vibes from that CSL quote?

Haha. Perfect!

Once again it's confusing "natural selection" with "random selection". That's not the same thing.

That's not surprising, that he didn't have a very good knowledge of darwinian evolutionary theory. Apparently, according to a Darwinian philosopher from Oxford University, Darwin's theory experienced a decline after his death, and even academia did not really start thinking too hard about it again until the mid twentieth century. I came across that nugget of information in this feature on Dawkins that I watched last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2I8f4lpBLU

If he can't trust his own thinking he shouldn't trust any assertion, theory or fact including whether or not there is a god. A sane person does not have to "believe" in the obvious. He just experiences it. Thought is obvious. I am aware of it occurring. On the other hand God is never more than just a thought.

Not that thoughts by their very nature of being thoughts makes them without value. Some thoughts just cause shame, guilt, fear and steal your money.

• Like 1

Ha. I never thought I'd see the day... My mom just sent me this message on FB:

"That link you commented on was kind of stupid. I am going to delete it. I think that I have been addicted to sharing. I want to cut back a bit."

• Like 1

My sister posted a picture of her book shelf.

On it was the Bible, several religious texts, and 50 shades of Grey.

I commented that If you wanted to combine religion and BDSM there is far better written smut on the internet.

She deleted it.

My thought was if you don't want someone to call you out on it, don't post it. However, i refrained from writing that.

• Like 4

I commented that If you wanted to combine religion and BDSM there is far better written smut on the internet.

She deleted it.

My thought was if you don't want someone to call you out on it, don't post it. However, i refrained from writing that.

I don't understand how people can feel complete and not have a library in their home.

She deleted it.

I don't understand how people can feel complete and not have a library in their home.

Easy, we buy ebooks and rent library books. Or we just don't read that much...as is my case.

She deleted it.

Easy, we buy ebooks and rent library books. Or we just don't read that much...as is my case.

Well i kinda meant not reading books at all.