Goodbye Jesus

My Father Is Becoming A Pastor

sarahinprogress

Awesome, fantastic to hear! :) woohoo.gif

Throwing my congrats as well. Stay strong girl, you can do it yellow.gif

my father just told me I can't expect relationships to last when there isn't a moral center to my life because I'm not a Christian. lol thaaaaanks dad.

Why take ownership of your father's emotional dysfunction?  He implies that morals only come from his religion.  That is a lie.  It is bullshit.  He uses it in an attempt to continue control over you.  

I'll ask another question - at 25 years of age, why do you remain codependent with your father?

Because like any abusive relationship, it is hard to leave a situation where at least you KNOW what to expect. Good or bad. I've been there, done that, have leftover scars to prove it. Change is frightening. Period.

The world has plenty of good things to offer you and many many people like you who want to belong have friends and family.

This person called father in your life is not your family or your friend if he treats you that way and you should leave and seek your own path.

Sure it is scary but isn't that sort of fear of the unknown worth it when we have such short lives. Relish in this time seize it and live within it. Only you get to decide how you feel and if you choose to feel bad in a bad situation no one should fault you. However you have a choice and the day you make the choice to go seek happiness elsewhere is you saying I don't need pity I need challenge.

Very glad to hear from you again, Duckie, and that the news is very positive! 

And as I have stated, I am working on leaving.

However you have a choice and the day you make the choice to go seek happiness elsewhere is you saying I don't need pity I need challenge.

also, I have never once asked for anyone's pity or sympathy.

I appreciate that you're meaning to help, but you come off as quite condescending, especially as I have been consistent in saying that I am working toward leaving my parents house.

just because I am not going things exactly the way you would did not mean I'm co-dependant, or self pitying. far from it. I have spent the last year learning my own strengths and weaknesses and achieving the goals I set for myself.

However you have a choice and the day you make the choice to go seek happiness elsewhere is you saying I don't need pity I need challenge.

also, I have never once asked for anyone's pity or sympathy.

I appreciate that you're meaning to help, but you come off as quite condescending, especially as I have been consistent in saying that I am working toward leaving my parents house.

just because I am not going things exactly the way you would did not mean I'm co-dependant, or self pitying. far from it. I have spent the last year learning my own strengths and weaknesses and achieving the goals I set for myself.

Don't feel bad.  It's tough leaving home on minimum wage in a bad economy.  And yet that is what is expected of most 18 year olds.  There was a time when college was the door to opportunity.  These days most college grads have to flip burgers only now they have a massive debt they can't escape.  I had to live with my folks all through my teens and hated every minute of it.  You got to do what you got to do.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Congratulations, Duckiegirl!

Woo hoo Duckie Girl! Well done!

• Super Moderator

Good on you!!!!!

• Super Moderator

Well done.

I now pronounce you a success!

woohoo.gif   jesus.gif   58.gif 

Hi Duckiegirl - as the child of a pastor, I can understand your plight.

Excommunicating is a favorite pastime of Christians. They've been doing it since Nicaea. Self-righteous pricks. It pisses me off that people think they have to choose "god" over their own children. "God is love. Now get out." Fucking dicks.

What part of California are you in? If you're in the Orange County area, I have friends there who I can reach out to to see if they know of anyplace hiring. You can catch me on Skype at slave2six.

Guess I was late to the game. Glad to see that you're all set!

DEAR EVERYONE!!!!

I have a full-time job and my own apratment! yay!

that is all

Good job. :-) Enjoy life.

Don't feel bad.  It's tough leaving home on minimum wage in a bad economy.  And yet that is what is expected of most 18 year olds.  There was a time when college was the door to opportunity.  These days most college grads have to flip burgers only now they have a massive debt they can't escape.  I had to live with my folks all through my teens and hated every minute of it.  You got to do what you got to do.

Exactly parents and teachers these days don't know what they're talking about telling students how important college is going to be for their life. It's a money drain.  I would never have gone if I had known the truth.  But I was brainwashed by teachers to believe that my life would not succeed without college. All it did was set me back thousands of dollars. 

Good for you!!!

Be patient with yourself as you become financially independent. It takes a while to get all your furniture, pots and pans, and other financial stuff in order. 

But you've taken the first steps, and you're out on your own, and life gets so much better and more interesting and exciting from there. 

Here's to you, building a new life and having a great time!

Lots of love and excitement and hope for you and your new beginning! Thanks so much for sharing!  yellow.gif

Awesome job, Duckiegirl! I'm sure it's a huge relief and it WILL eventually improve the relationship with your parents. I'm so very happy for hear this! 

I just read nearly all of this thread and I am SO happy for you!

• Like 1

Wow

Today I spent the afternoon at a food place writing down some thoughts about life and my current situation etc. When I left I passed a movie theatre and thought I might just go and see if there was a show I would like to watch but then decided to take the next train to get home. So I started to read this story and man, this was way more intense than any movie I could have seen tonight! And it even has a happy ending, sorta.

I wish you all the best and am happy you got out of that situation. I don't think I would have had the strength to hold on as you did. Chapeau (hats off)!

I'm so glad you're in a good place, Duckiegirl! I imagine you're having a blast being independent. It's an exciting change :D

I'm on the job hunt myself, and getting settled in a new city. Congratulations on getting it done! 

Good for you… I remember my first few places.. I didn't have much and everything was second hand, but it was all mine. I polished and buffed and organized and rearranged - and sometimes I just layer on the floor and absorbed it. Revel in it… create a wonderful life for yourself.

:D

Ok, it wont let me tag everyone, BUT! Thank you all so much! Im so happy to be living in my own apartment, even though its rather small, its still ALL MINE and i can do whatever i like and not worry about offending anyone delicate religious sensibilities.

Thank you all on here, for being here when i needed you. There were some dark times in the last couple of years, and i know i couldn.t have gotten through them without you guys!

• Like 1