Goodbye Jesus

My Father Is Becoming A Pastor

sarahinprogress

I think you need to face the reality of having to support yourself...and do it quickly...

Staying with dad is simply not an option..main thing to do is start making MONEY to keep yourself off the street..how about girlfriends could they or their parents take you in??

You Dad has mental issues  to be frank...you cannot fix them but neither can you  let them control you...

so dont keep obssessing about him...religious fanatics are obssessives..they are not sound mentally...

and dont think for a minute he wont throw you over for Jesus..these people are like alcoholics...they would hock their own kids for a bottle..so ..

Get a job and get a place to live...your dad went bonkers...its a terrible situation..I am so sorry for you...but you have to face reality and not dwell on the tragedy of it all...after you get going in your new independent mode you can talk to him about reconciliation...for now get out and get your life moving...all the best

I'm not trying to be negative here.  But I'm just a little confused.  I had thought that I read this whole thread, but I must have missed something (based off of how strongly everybody is urging her to get out of the house IMMEDIATELY).

But what specifically has her father done that has made him out to be so terrible? 

Please enlighten me, anybody.

• 2 weeks later...

hey everyone. I'm ok.

my boyfriend broke up with me due to the stress of our relationship and his parents pressuring him to "get out while he can"

spent a week in bed crying, then decided I'm done because I deserve someone better. the attached got

posted on my wall when I posted that I was done wasting tears in someone who gave up.

my dad has been really good for a long while now, I think he's finally accepted that I am who I am apart from him.

still in school, still planning to move out within the year.

edit: oh, and my doctor put me on prozac. chemical stabilizers are seriously miraculous.

post-19953-0-14328500-1365486952_thumb.jpg

oh shit,,, jesus is the obvious answer,,,, no fucking joke,,,,,,

and you are still friend with such a retard?

So sorry to hear this has happened to you.  All I can think is that there are actually worse crises in life than fundy parents.  This boy would not be there for you in a VERY bad crisis.  There are better boys out there.

Guest r3alchild

Duckiegirl,

All your posts that I have read are like watching a sad montage, but the montage is not over and neither is the film.

Sorry Duckie Girl about your BF.

And no, Jesus is not the answer.  Baka! (her, not you)

Duckiegirl,

So sorry that things didn't work out with the BF.  You do deserve someone better, and you will find him.  Just don't hold your breath for Jesus to bring him to you!

Glad that things are settling down with your dad and that you're feeling better.

hey everyone. I'm ok.

my boyfriend broke up with me due to the stress of our relationship and his parents pressuring him to "get out while he can"

spent a week in bed crying, then decided I'm done because I deserve someone better. the attached got

posted on my wall when I posted that I was done wasting tears in someone who gave up.

my dad has been really good for a long while now, I think he's finally accepted that I am who I am apart from him.

still in school, still planning to move out within the year.

edit: oh, and my doctor put me on prozac. chemical stabilizers are seriously miraculous.

Sorry to hear about the breakup. Take good care of yourself, get that degree, move out and start life. :-)

The answer is: Jesus

The question is: What is a big waste of time?

The answer is: Jesus

The question is: What is a big waste of time?

ooh ooh, I've got one!

The question is: Who is a mythological figure offering nothing of value to anyone living in the modern age?

• Like 2

Jesus isn't the answer. He's *terrible* in bed.

my father just told me I can't expect relationships to last when there isn't a moral center to my life because I'm not a Christian. lol thaaaaanks dad.

Guest r3alchild

my father just told me I can't expect relationships to last when there isn't a moral center to my life because I'm not a Christian. lol thaaaaanks dad.

Thats a odd thing for him to say since everything he does is like a filthy rag to god.

Isaiah 64:6

All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

And some Christians stay together in their marriage even though they are miserable and can no longer stand each other because their religion says marriage is until death.

And some Christians get divorced. Google "Christian Divorce Rate"

And some Christians commit crimes even though Jesus is their moral center. Hmmm. How can that be? :-)

I'm not saying you're not a tough cookie now, but you're going to be a freaking diamond one day, duckiegirl. Shiney, shiney.
Keep hanging in there!

Why take ownership of your father's emotional dysfunction?  He implies that morals only come from his religion.  That is a lie.  It is bullshit.  He uses it in an attempt to continue control over you.  

I'll ask another question - at 25 years of age, why do you remain codependent with your father?

Why take ownership of your father's emotional dysfunction?  He implies that morals only come from his religion.  That is a lie.  It is bullshit.  He uses it in an attempt to continue control over you.  

I'll ask another question - at 25 years of age, why do you remain codependent with your father?

Because like any abusive relationship, it is hard to leave a situation where at least you KNOW what to expect. Good or bad. I've been there, done that, have leftover scars to prove it. Change is frightening. Period.

• Like 1

For what it is worth Duckiegirl, you are a brave soul to be willing to stand up for who you are. It takes a lot of courage to be willing to go up against the grain and just say that the emperor has no clothes. Ignorance is darkness, it is doubt that leads the way into the light. Your father is blinded by his zealotry and has shut himself into intellectual darkness. You are the one who is following the light of truth, where ever that may lead you.

Stay strong and keep your curiosity alive, don't let your father bring you back into the darkness.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

my brothers and sisters in apostasy! today I graduate! this marks the beginning of the end of my struggles at home.

in other news, I have new, fantastically supportive boyfriend, I got a letter in the mail that the church is removing my name from their membership books, and my mother is starting to acknowledge my father's mental illness.

all is well in my world!

I hope to start being more active here soon, but my father has blocked my internet access, so I'm not sure how frequently I'll be around.

anyways, thank you all for your support the last couple of years. without alot of you, I think I might be dead now. seriously.

• Like 7

• Super Moderator

Glad things are looking up!  Take care and hope to see you around here again soon.

Congraz!

Glad to hear it, Duckie!  I had been wondering how you were doing.  Sounds like everything is moving in the right direction!

Congratulations on your graduation, Duckiegirl!

Congratulations indeed! Well done!

Let the adult life begin!