Goodbye Jesus

Genuine Love

Guest end3

The relationships in the bible are not important. The ones in your life are. Fix them. If you cant all this knowledge of the bible ain't worth jack shit, and I think deep inside you, you are very aware of that. Drinking can cover the pain that knowledge causes you but it wont fix the problem. That is the issue with christianity end, too much pie in the sky bullshit. Take action to fix the mess you have made of your own life but don't sit around getting smashed and waiting for god to do it.

In my experience the only thing the Bible did was ruin my real relationships.  Even good friends get tired of being told they're going to eternal hell after awhile.

There seems to be a tacit assumption among most people that the Bible teaches a lot of good things and that Jesus is a good person whose words have been twisted.  We're talking about a person who said that you need to utterly devalue and detest your relationships with others to be saved from eternal fire.  Not sure why I should even agree with the foundational assumption that Jesus teaches love.

• Like 1

Guest end3

Bhim,

I think I posted about internal and external standards, methodolgies, etc.  Pretty sure this was/is my thread and many of y'all seem to be talking about everything BUT what I wish to discuss.  Inorganic, organic, arrows, it's all so confusing Bhim.  Glad you are here to make it "come to life".

I am talking about analytical chemistry.  Almost every methodology I know has a parallel to man's interaction with God in the Bible. 

Quantitative analyses is like how God dooms anybody who has the slightest bit of the sin God gave us.

Chemical tests are like how God sacrificed himself to himself so that God could find a way to forgive.

The flame test is like the eternal torment that God designed as a place where billions of humans will go for thought crime.

Gravimetric analyses is like how God does nothing while he watches starving children die in Africa.

Volumetric analyses is like how God rips families apart.

Spectroscopy is like how God cannot be seen or heard or detected in any way outside of the pages of the Bible.

Electrochemical analyses is like how God controls everything using invisible divine power.

Separation is like how God hates education.

Microscopy is like how God created a universe with billions of galaxies and trillions upon trillions of stars along with all that empty space but God still gets angry when people have sex the wrong way.

• Like 1

Bhim,

I think I posted about internal and external standards, methodolgies, etc.  Pretty sure this was/is my thread and many of y'all seem to be talking about everything BUT what I wish to discuss.  Inorganic, organic, arrows, it's all so confusing Bhim.  Glad you are here to make it "come to life".

As I said earlier, the problem is that your posts are essentially a word salad.  You talk a lot and say very little, and honestly I think you would do well to obey Proverbs 17:28.  There are a lot of very smart people on this thread that you've confused with your statements.  And when a high school dropout confuses college graduates, it's probably because the high school dropout is a poor communicator.

The arrows on the reaction mechanism diagrams that you want to discuss (for whatever reason) aren't confusing to me.  I know very little about you and can't say anything with certainty.  But the reason you're confused may be because you never buckled down in school and didn't learn how to organize your thoughts in written form.  If that's the case, it definitely shows.  You're the only one here who thinks that anything you're saying is profound.

I think we  have been down this road before end except it wasn't chemistry it was psychology. I love that you have an interest in science I to was stunted in developing my education because of church that's why I studied art as my focus. I plan on going back to college to get a bachelors in physics  and then study quantum physics for a masters. That being said I understand my limitations while I feel I can learn almost all scientific concepts rather easily I don't know everything.

I personally understand what you are doing. I did this while I was in college and high school. Co-opting scientific concepts and creating mirror images of them in the bible or spirituality. I think I should be able to follow you so go ahead and give the example you were thinking of. I am a fast learner so don't hold back if I am lost at any point I will just study more about analytical chemistry since spiritual quantitative analysis is something you made up and I assume is based on the former.

I thought you owned a lab or something End.  How does one do that without even a high school diploma?

Jesus- no wonder you can't type out a coherent thought.

Guest end3

Bhim,

As I said earlier, the problem is that your posts are essentially a word salad.  You talk a lot and say very little, and honestly I think you would do well to obey Proverbs 17:28.  There are a lot of very smart people on this thread that you've confused with your statements.  And when a high school dropout confuses college graduates, it's probably because the high school dropout is a poor communicator.

The arrows on the reaction mechanism diagrams that you want to discuss (for whatever reason) aren't confusing to me.  I know very little about you and can't say anything with certainty.  But the reason you're confused may be because you never buckled down in school and didn't learn how to organize your thoughts in written form.  If that's the case, it definitely shows.  You're the only one here who thinks that anything you're saying is profound.

You haven't demonstrated that you have any knowledge of what I am discussing nor how it relates to Christ.  Just a few sentences will suffice.  Please don't worry about my education.  I know where I is.

Guest end3

I thought you owned a lab or something End.  How does one do that without even a high school diploma?

My mind skips to different thoughts and I fail to flesh out the jumps for the reader.

My mind skips to different thoughts and I fail to flesh out the jumps for the reader.

you are describing ADHD writing behavior I know this because I have the same problem. Have you been tested for ADHD

it explains your not finishing high-school

as well as relationship difficulties and a lot of your sporadic mood shifts and behaviors.

If you haven't got tested get tested asap. Learning how to cope with ADHD is a life changer whether through medication or therapy you need to do this.

• Like 1

Guest end3

I think we  have been down this road before end except it wasn't chemistry it was psychology. I love that you have an interest in science I to was stunted in developing my education because of church that's why I studied art as my focus. I plan on going back to college to get a bachelors in physics  and then study quantum physics for a masters. That being said I understand my limitations while I feel I can learn almost all scientific concepts rather easily I don't know everything.

I personally understand what you are doing. I did this while I was in college and high school. Co-opting scientific concepts and creating mirror images of them in the bible or spirituality. I think I should be able to follow you so go ahead and give the example you were thinking of. I am a fast learner so don't hold back if I am lost at any point I will just study more about analytical chemistry since spiritual quantitative analysis is something you made up and I assume is based on the former.

Thanks James,

Just wondering why we see Christ becoming our "internal standard" when it come to the "measure of a man".....to the point of actually ingesting the standard into our bodies.  This seems more than just coincedental.  To my understanding, the reason we use internal standards in analytical measurement is so the standard is introduced to the matrix effects, analyst errors, etc., so that we can understand the effects of the matrix.  This seems very much like God the Father sending Christ to experience humanity.

As Bhimbo says, maybe this is not profound, but still seems so close to modern reality it is very hard for me to ignore.

Guest end3

you are describing ADHD writing behavior I know this because I have the same problem. Have you been tested for ADHD

as well as relationship difficulties and a lot of your sporadic mood shifts and behaviors.

If you haven't got tested get tested asap. Learning how to cope with ADHD is a life changer whether through medication or therapy you need to do this.

Been taking megadoses of B12 vs all of the meds I have tried.  "True Hope", a non profit organiztion dedicated to moody people like myself.

Guest end3

I didn't finish high school because we lived in a small town where there was no more education to be had IN school.  The teachers were not qualified to teach any higher level courses.  So what  they did for those in that senior year scenario was to give them large quantities of repetition....busy work.  So I quit.  That, and I was living on my own by then.  No one to tell me to go to school at 15 and I wasn't self regulated towards school at that age.

Guest end3

I am talking about analytical chemistry.  Almost every methodology I know has a parallel to man's interaction with God in the Bible. 

Quantitative analyses is like how God dooms anybody who has the slightest bit of the sin God gave us.

Chemical tests are like how God sacrificed himself to himself so that God could find a way to forgive.

The flame test is like the eternal torment that God designed as a place where billions of humans will go for thought crime.

Gravimetric analyses is like how God does nothing while he watches starving children die in Africa.

Volumetric analyses is like how God rips families apart.

Spectroscopy is like how God cannot be seen or heard or detected in any way outside of the pages of the Bible.

Electrochemical analyses is like how God controls everything using invisible divine power.

Separation is like how God hates education.

Microscopy is like how God created a universe with billions of galaxies and trillions upon trillions of stars along with all that empty space but God still gets angry when people have sex the wrong way.

You make a valid point in that perspective plays a definite role.

Thanks James,

Just wondering why we see Christ becoming our "internal standard" when it come to the "measure of a man".....to the point of actually ingesting the standard into our bodies.  This seems more than just coincedental.  To my understanding, the reason we use internal standards in analytical measurement is so the standard is introduced to the matrix effects, analyst errors, etc., so that we can understand the effects of the matrix.  This seems very much like God the Father sending Christ to experience humanity.

As Bhimbo says, maybe this is not profound, but still seems so close to modern reality it is very hard for me to ignore.

The red  I highlighted to point out the assumptions you are making

The blue is what appears as word salad but I get what your saying and from my understanding seems close enough. Correct me if I am wrong but, The Internal standard is used to understand the effects of the analyte. I think this simplification will make your analogy easier to work with. So I will go from there

Jesus is the internal standard of which god can use to understand/measure humanity(the analyte).

when you break it down and simplify what you are saying it puts things into perspective. Now all this is based off of your highlighted assumptions. For the sake of argument lets say god is real. This does not make  your assumptions true. If god created the universe and is all knowing he would not need an internal standard. the internal standard is used because we are not all knowing and is an indirect way to perform analysis of an analyte we cannot directly measure. For your assumptions to be true you have to give up a lot from god to get there. I am glad you saw a parallel but, you are devaluing your god to get there. This smells like you are deconverting you just don't know it yet. It is also completely unnecessary even within Christian theology to make this comparison and likely would not be accepted by most honest theologians. You might find some support from apologists who have no problem lying/misrepresenting facts to convert people to god.

Been taking megadoses of B12 vs all of the meds I have tried.  "True Hope", a non profit organiztion dedicated to moody people like myself.

True hope is likely using a placebo effect buddy. megadoses of B12 is not medically healthy. seriously spend the $80 get yourself tested for adhd

• Like 1

You haven't demonstrated that you have any knowledge of what I am discussing nor how it relates to Christ.  Just a few sentences will suffice.  Please don't worry about my education.  I know where I is.

Nobody can demonstrate any knowledge of Christ.  Without objective evidence there is no knowledge.

I don't mean to be rude here, but while I can have basic respect for you as a person I can't respect your intellectual ability when by your own admission you didn't even graduate high school.  Having a high school diploma or college degree doesn't by itself impart knowledge, but it's an easy way to filter out people who's opinions I should care about from people whose comments I should disregard.  Why would I feel compelled to demonstrate my knowledge of anything to you?  I don't say this to demean you as a person, but I value your academic insight about as much as I would your comments on my PhD dissertation.  If you don't even have as much education as an average American (which is a pretty low bar), I simply don't feel compelled to consider your opinion on anything that requires critical thought.

Call me an educated elitist snob if you want.  But I find it somewhat telling that only uneducated people have accused me of this.  Remember: envy is why the Pharisees killed Jesus.

Ah, nice.  A Texan Christian making fun of the Hindu kid's name.  You must have done that to a lot of Hindu kids in high school, and maybe it was because their parents actually imparted a cultural value for education to them and they were getting better grades than you.  It's possible you'll end up working for one, if that's not already the case.

Look, bottom like: either address my comments about why I should even agree with your belief that Jesus is loving, or we can just trade insults all day.  And since I'm more educated than you, I could probably come up with superior barbs (you learn that in college too, during the drunken frat parties in between debaucheries).  I have no desire to insult you, but I'd be happy to tell you why I think Jesus is the original Hitler.

Nobody can demonstrate any knowledge of Christ.  Without objective evidence there is no knowledge.

Speaking of "knowledge of Christ," the funny thing is that I probably know more about the Bible than the average evangelical.  Unlike a good number of evangelical Christians, I actually read the damn thing.

Guest end3

Thanks James,

The blue is what appears as word salad but I get what your saying and from my understanding seems close enough. Correct me if I am wrong but, The Internal standard is used to understand the effects of the analyte. I think this simplification will make your analogy easier to work with. So I will go from there

Jesus is the internal standard of which god can use to understand/measure humanity(the analyte).

when you break it down and simplify what you are saying it puts things into perspective. Now all this is based off of your highlighted assumptions. For the sake of argument lets say god is real. This does not make  your assumptions true. If god created the universe and is all knowing he would not need an internal standard. the internal standard is used because we are not all knowing and is an indirect way to perform analysis of an analyte we cannot directly measure. For your assumptions to be true you have to give up a lot from god to get there. I am glad you saw a parallel but, you are devaluing your god to get there. This smells like you are deconverting you just don't know it yet. It is also completely unnecessary even within Christian theology to make this comparison and likely would not be accepted by most honest theologians. You might find some support from apologists who have no problem lying/misrepresenting facts to convert people to god.

I realized the devaluation thing myself, yet per the fundamental story, I understand that God would "measure" Christ in our place, choosing the "soul" of the person though the measure of Christ.  "No man come to God except through Me" type thing.

Guest end3

I don't mean to be rude here, but while I can have basic respect for you as a person I can't respect your intellectual ability when by your own admission you didn't even graduate high school.  Having a high school diploma or college degree doesn't by itself impart knowledge, but it's an easy way to filter out people who's opinions I should care about from people whose comments I should disregard.  Why would I feel compelled to demonstrate my knowledge of anything to you?  I don't say this to demean you as a person, but I value your academic insight about as much as I would your comments on my PhD dissertation.  If you don't even have as much education as an average American (which is a pretty low bar), I simply don't feel compelled to consider your opinion on anything that requires critical thought.

Call me an educated elitist snob if you want.  But I find it somewhat telling that only uneducated people have accused me of this.  Remember: envy is why the Pharisees killed Jesus.

Ah, nice.  A Texan Christian making fun of the Hindu kid's name.  You must have done that to a lot of Hindu kids in high school, and maybe it was because their parents actually imparted a cultural value for education to them and they were getting better grades than you.  It's possible you'll end up working for one, if that's not already the case.

Look, bottom like: either address my comments about why I should even agree with your belief that Jesus is loving, or we can just trade insults all day.  And since I'm more educated than you, I could probably come up with superior barbs (you learn that in college too, during the drunken frat parties in between debaucheries).  I have no desire to insult you, but I'd be happy to tell you why I think Jesus is the original Hitler.

Yes, you are an elitist snob that has no clue of my education level nor my story.  If you had some sense, you would understand that the discussion atm is not specifically about Jesus being loving as you would like.  It's not that hard Bhim.  I'll give you a simple thought.  If I swallowed Mt Dew, and only those with Mt. Dew in their bodies went to Heaven, then I might be beholdened to the guy providing the Mt. Dew.....namely Jeeeeesus in this instance, through His death.

If you would like to discuss this, then feel free.  If you would like to continue being an elitist snob, then I would question your Hindu beliefs.  Lot of very successful non-college folks out there Bhim....

I didn't finish high school because we lived in a small town where there was no more education to be had IN school.  The teachers were not qualified to teach any higher level courses.  So what  they did for those in that senior year scenario was to give them large quantities of repetition....busy work.  So I quit.  That, and I was living on my own by then.  No one to tell me to go to school at 15 and I wasn't self regulated towards school at that age.

So...you're telling me that you dropped out of high school because you deemed it unworthy of your attendance?  Sounds like you didn't have a lot of direction from your parents, especially since you were living on your own at 15.  That's no good, I'm sorry for you.

I had quite a bit of direction, because Hindus have a strong emphasis on family values and are very involved in their kids' lives.  I had an active mom and dad who taught me that it was important to do well in high school and college so I could get a respectable, decently-paying job.  (And you probably expect me to reward their superb parenting by taking a dump on them and converting to Christianity.)  I feel sorry for people who grow up Christian.  Jesus hates families and teaches that you must value him over your own parents or children.  Jesus hates knowledge and teaches you that you should rely on him for your daily bread instead of working hard for what you need.  It's a small wonder to me that Christians don't all grow up to be poorly adjusted high school dropouts or even psychopathic.  It must be because a lot of Christians are bad Christians who ignore Jesus' anti-family values comments.

I don't know if your parents were Christians or not, but it sounds to me like they didn't take parenting very seriously, and you are now suffering for their mistakes as demonstrated by your inability to convey any coherent thoughts.  You clearly weren't blessed with the opportunities or advantages that I was.  For that I can only say that I'm sorry, and that I blame Western Christian culture for its perverted view of the family.

Thanks James,

I realized the devaluation thing myself, yet per the fundamental story, I understand that God would "measure" Christ in our place, chosing the "soul" of the person though the measure of Christ.  "No man come to God except through Me" type thing.

now this is the point at which you will lose all of us. As you are unnecessarily adding terms from a scientific concept to Christian terminology. If you subtract the analytical chemistry from what you are describing it doesn't change anything. here is an example using a simple equation.  A+v=B      A+0=B

A= your concept v=the value related to your concept of analytical chemistry B=the principles of your concept or the core of your idea.

v=0 in other words it holds no value to your concept.

Adding this terminology just confuses your point. It also becomes deceptive and misrepresentational

Guest end3

True hope is likely using a placebo effect buddy. megadoses of B12 is not medically healthy. seriously spend the $80 get yourself tested for adhd

Ok, I thought the B vitamins played a significant role in the nervous system and were basically excreted if not used?

Guest end3

So...you're telling me that you dropped out of high school because you deemed it unworthy of your attendance?  Sounds like you didn't have a lot of direction from your parents, especially since you were living on your own at 15.  That's no good, I'm sorry for you.

I had quite a bit of direction, because Hindus have a strong emphasis on family values and are very involved in their kids' lives.  I had an active mom and dad who taught me that it was important to do well in high school and college so I could get a respectable, decently-paying job.  (And you probably expect me to reward their superb parenting by taking a dump on them and converting to Christianity.)  I feel sorry for people who grow up Christian.  Jesus hates families and teaches that you must value him over your own parents or children.  Jesus hates knowledge and teaches you that you should rely on him for your daily bread instead of working hard for what you need.  It's a small wonder to me that Christians don't all grow up to be poorly adjusted high school dropouts or even psychopathic.  It must be because a lot of Christians are bad Christians who ignore Jesus' anti-family values comments.

I don't know if your parents were Christians or not, but it sounds to me like they didn't take parenting very seriously, and you are now suffering for their mistakes as demonstrated by your inability to convey any coherent thoughts.  You clearly weren't blessed with the opportunities or advantages that I was.  For that I can only say that I'm sorry, and that I blame Western Christian culture for its perverted view of the family.

You lack grace Bhim despite your wonderful Hindu childhood.  You might consider limiting you input here as you are growing more and more unworthy of input not only in my mind, but I am sure others as well. 

Yes, you are an elitist snob that has no clue of my education level nor my story.

You haven't told us any stories yet, but I do know about your level of education because you told us yourself.  Have you been giving us incorrect information?  Or have any of your comments been misinterpreted?

If you had some sense, you would understand that the discussion atm is not specifically about Jesus being loving as you would like.  It's not that hard Bhim.  I'll give you a simple thought.  If I swallowed Mt Dew, and only those with Mt. Dew in their bodies went to Heaven, then I might be beholdened to the guy providing the Mt. Dew.....namely Jeeeeesus in this instance, through His death.

If you're trying to make an analogy in which Mt. Dew is your perceived salvation through faith in Jesus, that's a good analogy for you being beholden to Jesus.  You think he saved you, so you believe that you owe him your soul. Since I don't believe that Jesus saved you or anyone else, why should I have any positive opinion concerning him?

If you would like to discuss this, then feel free.  If you would like to continue being an elitist snob, then I would question your Hindu beliefs.  Lot of very successful non-college folks out there Bhim....

A.) See my previous comments about how I'm only called an educated (or "elitist" if you prefer) snob by people who don't have any education.  Envy is one of the seven cardinal vices...oh wait, evangelicals believe you can get away with anything as long as you ask Jesus to forgive it.

B.) Sure there are lots of successful people without college degrees, but most of those people graduated high school.  You don't even have that minimal level of education, and people in your demographic are facing about a 10% unemployment rate according to the Department of Labor (I don't say this as an insult, unemployment is a serious issue that no one should face...too bad Christians disagree and vote Republican).  And besides that, this isn't about your level of success.  You could have won the lottery and be living a good life.  You're still likely to be incapable of following a chain of logic, because that sort of thing requires at least some basic education.  Education is what makes us smarter than cavemen, after all.

C.) I did just respond to your comments that resembled an argument.  Feel free to cut this short and address the issue of Mt. Dew.