Goodbye Jesus

Boring Post Thread

ContraBardus

science-world-ads_o_4297839.jpg

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Contra, this is supposed to be the *boring* thread! :P

Contra, this is supposed to be the *boring* thread! tongue.png

It's only interesting if you're a nerd.

nerds-ogre1.jpg?w=150&h=132

• Super Moderator

I'm waiting for paint to dry.... (nail polish).  

Relieve-Constipation-Step-14.jpg

• Like 1

It's xmas eve and I'm stressed.  Predictable.

giphy.gif

Because sometimes, I can haz teh feelz, y'know?

• Like 1

Bought a couple of planes for DCS because they were on sale. DCS is a combat flight simulator for PC. The game client is free, but you buy individual planes to use in it. Some are pretty expensive, but I got two for $6 because of the sale. I'm not a huge flight sim buff so I won't ever buy all of them. I just bought a couple for when I get the urge to fly real planes instead of spaceships.

It's based off of MS Flight Simulator X, but focuses on fighter jets. It's an ultra realistic flight simulator with decent graphics. There are combat missions you can do where you shoot down other planes, or take out ground targets.

Anyway, I just spent the last two hours just flying around in an A-10A and and F-15 using my X52 Pro and Oculus Rift. There is a free flight mode and I just did that. It was very relaxing.

Waiting for Adra to post...

Playing Space Engine and hoping we aren't alone in the universe.

Listening to Lindsey Stirling.

Drawing spaceships and not responding to 'important' email.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9qYF9DZPdw

(PS: how to embed videos?)

begin with youtube and end with /youtube (in [])

It is a known fact that there is two letters that are in this word: Is.

There are*

:P

boring fact: when someone makes a mistake on the internet I try to figure out why. and then I look for more, and then where did the last hour go.

A small possibly-not-boring excerpt from my ongoing nameless novel:

The trees glowed, casting an eerie green shade over the olden street. It had been several lifetimes ago when the ancients wandered about the hardened surfaces. She stooped down to examine the roots as they fought their way through the tough rock surface. The area had once been smooth like the patches further down, but now the roots had woven a web of cracks extending into the horizon. Shadows were cast by the twisted sculpture in the distance. Faded blue and red and stripes of rust mingled as time wore away the protective coatings. The laughter of child ghosts echoed all around. She could hear them as she kicked a rock into the wooded area down below. 

No one ever entered the wooded area. They called it the Grave and for a good reason. The bodies of hundreds of children had been dumped there after the last of the Great Death. Time had filled the area with several seasons of fallen leaves and the rotted carcasses of ancient trees as they collapsed under their own weight. Signs were written in the old language, words that only a few of the elders could read. She had been told that the signs warned people to stay away because the animals that lived in the woods were diseased. The water that trickled out of the spring was polluted and some of the villagers had grown sick from drinking it in times past. 

She walked on along the edge of the wooded area. A tiny skeleton was mounted on a wooden post. Someone had put it there long ago. The arms were outstretched and the legs crossed. A large metal spike had been forced through the ankle joints and the lower arms were bound with leather cords. A large crow flew overhead as she stopped to pay her respects to the child sacrifice. The ancients were surely barbarians, heathens, evil. To kill another, especially a child, was an act of madness and utter depravity. She shook her head as she left a small white flower at the foot of the death post. 

• Like 1

There are*

tongue.png

boring fact: when someone makes a mistake on the internet I try to figure out why. and then I look for more, and then where did the last hour go.

Errgh, let me correct yours. :P

A boring fact: When someone makes a mistake on the internet, I try to figure out why. Then I look for more. Where did the last hour go, anyway?

There! :HaHa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9qYF9DZPdw

(PS: how to embed videos?)

begin with youtube and end with /youtube (in [])

Actually, you can usually just put the link into the post and the video. You don't actually need to add the youtube /youtube tag. I post videos that way all the time and they show up fine. Images do not work this way and do require the tag.

I've never come across a video that worked with the tag that didn't work without them. In my experience adding a tag just makes the link disappear if it doesn't embed without one. If it works without one, it will also work if you add the tag. It either works both ways or it doesn't at all, not sure why. I think it's an issue on Youtube's end. Sometimes it will show up as a link for a while, and then magically be an embedded video later. It's weird and unreliable.

I didn't use a Youtube tag on this video, it's just the link and it shows up fine.

How many Setians does it take to change a light bulb?... Just one. ... but it takes a thousand to change the world. zDuivel7.gif

This made me angry on the internet today.

1114589.png

Guest Furball

Holy F'n Sh*t----Is this for real? I knew a girl once who never heard of the dukes of hazzard. Too Funny Thanks Contra =)

Contra that is so sad XD

boring thought of the day: I ate a cheese, peanut butter and mustard sandwich. It's quite good if you do it right. Sorry, taste buds.

Also I should be asleep right now but maybe if I'm too tired to wake up before church tomorrow... biggrin.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.